Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I still Fusion Summon using Fusion Gate while Imperial Iron Wall is on the field?

No, because Fusion Gate's only method of fusing monsters is to banish them.

I have my own question: If Madolche Magileine is destroyed by FF Bear's effect, then D.D. Crow is activated in response to Magileine's shuffle effect, is it shuffled into the Deck or does it stay banished?

okay, number c5, chaos chimera dragon. if I trigger don 1000's throne, can it be made off of any number monster with a 5 in it's name, as in number 5, number 50, number 25, number 57, etc etc. ?

*sigh* No, of course not.

Cards like Don Thousand's Throne, RUM - Quick Chaos, or RUM - The Seventh One, which Summon a Number C that has the same Number as the Xyz Material actually need to have the exact same Number. This was debated when The Seventh One was first revealed (with the wording "Number 10X"), and again when Throne was released. The meaning of such cards is actually very clear: The Number of both monsters must be the same.

So Number 10 can't be used to Summon Number C101, even though "10" is in the latter's name. C5 cannot be Summoned by using Number 50, even though it's a Number with "5" in its name.

It's also noteworthy that those cards actually say "with the same number", rather than "that includes the same number".

No, because Fusion Gate's only method of fusing monsters is to banish them.

I have my own question: If Madolche Magileine is destroyed by FF Bear's effect, then D.D. Crow is activated in response to Magileine's shuffle effect, is it shuffled into the Deck or does it stay banished?

It stays banished. Madolches activate in the Graveyard, and must still be in the Graveyard in order to resolve.

*sigh* No, of course not.

Cards like Don Thousand's Throne, RUM - Quick Chaos, or RUM - The Seventh One, which Summon a Number C that has the same Number as the Xyz Material actually need to have the exact same Number. This was debated when The Seventh One was first revealed (with the wording "Number 10X"), and again when Throne was released. The meaning of such cards is actually very clear: The Number of both monsters must be the same.

So Number 10 can't be used to Summon Number C101, even though "10" is in the latter's name. C5 cannot be Summoned by using Number 50, even though it's a Number with "5" in its name.

It's also noteworthy that those cards actually say "with the same number", rather than "that includes the same number".

hey, I didn't know for sure, so I thought I"d ask.

I control a face-up Splendid Venus and an activated Royal Decree, then activate Skill Drain. Venus keeps Skill Drain active, which negates Venus. Venus being inactive makes Decree turn Skill Drain off. Rinse and repeat.

Do both effects stay active, is one destroyed, or can I just not play Skill Drain?

I control a face-up Splendid Venus and an activated Royal Decree, then activate Skill Drain. Venus keeps Skill Drain active, which negates Venus. Venus being inactive makes Decree turn Skill Drain off. Rinse and repeat.

Do both effects stay active, is one destroyed, or can I just not play Skill Drain?

You just can't play Skill Drain, as it causes an infinite loop.

Can I use Parallel World Fusion to SS Contrast Hero Chaos since it is treated as an Elemental Hero as well?

Yes. C-HERO Chaos is always considered an Elemental HERO, for all intents and purposes. It can be SSed with Miracle Fusion/Parallel World Fusion. It can be used as Fusion Material for the Omni-HEROs, and supported by cards that support "Elemental HERO" monsters.

Question. When my Acid is special summoned, could I chain Torrential Tribute and still get the backrow destruction effect?

Yes. With PSCT, a card will state if it has to be face-up on the field to resolve. If it doesn't specify, it doesn't need to. Just so long as he doesn't get Solemn'd.

You couldn't use Torrential Reborn because the destruction of Acid is not Chain Link 1.

Uhm, Acid's destruction effect HAS to be chain link 1, as it is a mandatory effect.

That's what he said.

Acid will die at CL2, rendering you incapable of chaining Torrential Reborn.

That's what he said.

Acid will die at CL2, rendering you incapable of chaining Torrential Reborn.

Oh, for whatever reason I read didnt read that as Torrential Reborn >_<

Thought we were still on Tribute and newhat was debating my response.

Okay, Opponent attacks My Utopia Roots with Utopia Ray Victory, Opponent Immediately detaches to Activate the effect to Negate the effects. Is it possible to Chain Utopia Roots to this, and if so, What is the outcome?

You can indeed Chain with Utopia Roots' effect. This will negate the attack as Chain Link 2. Then Chain Link 1 will resolve, negating Roots' effects (though at this point it wont matter, they've already resolved) and Victory will gain Roots' ATK until the end of the turn.

Is there any way I could make Acid's destruction be at Chain Link 1 so I could then chain Reborn?

No. Acid's effect must be link 1 because it is a mandatory effect. Your torrential tribute is optional, so can never supercede Acid's effect.

Can you normal summon Pendulum monsters?

Yes. Pendulum monsters are still monsters with a Level and stats and can be Normal or Special Summoned like any monster. The main difference is that Pendulum effects (the effect between the Scale numbers) can only be used/applied when in the Pendulum Zone, and the regular effect can only be used/applied when it's a Monster.

Archived