Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

I should remember this, but if you send or http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Laval_Phlogis to the Graveyard to Synchro Summon a Laval Synchro, are their effects applied to that new Synchro?

Yes, the Synchro Summon will occur and after it has been successfully summoned, Forest Sprite/Phlogis will activate as they are mandatory effects that cannot miss timing.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a fun one: What happens when an El-Shadoll Nephilim attacks an opponent's El-Shadoll Nephilim?

I imagine, as they are both mandatory, that the attacker's would activate, and the attacked's would chain. So then, the question becomes, does Chain Link 1 resolve even if Nephilim is no longer on the field?

Here's a fun one: What happens when an El-Shadoll Nephilim attacks an opponent's El-Shadoll Nephilim?

I imagine, as they are both mandatory, that the attacker's would activate, and the attacked's would chain. So then, the question becomes, does Chain Link 1 resolve even if Nephilim is no longer on the field?

Post-PSCT, cards will state if they need to be face-up on the field to resolve. This is the case with the OCG as well with the new effect text. Both effects will trigger through SEGOC rules and resolve properly.

If I use a RUM card and they use Enemy Controller to make it go to their side, will it still be Ranked Up since it's still on the field or will it not since it changed controller?

Oh wait nvm, it says "you control" so I assume it would no longer be a valid target.

If I use a RUM card and they use Enemy Controller to make it go to their side, will it still be Ranked Up since it's still on the field or will it not since it changed controller?

Oh wait nvm, it says "you control" so I assume it would no longer be a valid target.

Right. If you don't control the face-up target at resolution, Rank-Up Magic will fizzle.

If I Special Summon Star Seraph Scales with the effect of another card (say, Valhalla) and I have Star Seraph Sovereign in my hand, can I activate Sovereign's effect as Chain Link 1 and Scales as chain link 2?

Is Sovereign the only Star Seraph you have in hand? I'm not quite sure what you're asking here.

Both effects will trigger though, it's like summoning a Gadget then chaining Kagetokage. Star Seraph Scales and Star Seraph Sovereign are both optional effects that can trigger at the same time, so you can place them on the chain in any order you want through SEGOC.

However if you're implying that you want to use Scales' effect as Chain Link 2 to summon Sovereign, then use Sovereign's effect to draw as Chain Link 1, you can't. Sovereign has already hit the field and can't summon itself so you won't draw the card that Scales stacked.

For monsters whose ATK is continually lower than normal because of Burden of the Mighty, does Entermate Whip Viper reverse their altered ATK with their normal DEF?

Or does it reverse their normal ATK and DEF, and then apply the dap?

The Duelist Advent: Entermate Whip Viper

•This is a Quick Effect that can be activated during either player’s Main Phases. (This effect targets 1 face-up monster on the field)

•If the ATK/DEF have been modified by the effect of something like an Equip Spell Card, the modified values are swapped until the end of the turn.

•If this effect is activated during Main Phase 1, it cannot be activated during Main Phase 2 of that turn.

Official rulings we have ATM.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Batteryman_9V

I revive this with Call of the Haunted during the End Phase and use its effect. What happens in regards to asploding?

Batteryman 9V's Optional Trigger effect will go off and you can search. At some point while you're in your End Phase, you must activate its Compulsory Trigger effect and pop it.

Can Peten the Dark Clown activate if the Xyz Monster it was attached to dies?

If the last thing to happen was the Xyz Monster being destroyed or sent to the Graveyard, Peten's effect will not miss timing. On the other hand if the Xyz Monster is destroyed at Chain Link 2 or higher, Peten misses timing. If a card like Wind-Up Zenmaines detaches Peten for its Continuous effect at Chain Link 1, Peten will not miss timing.

So basically they turn off and at the end phase they turn back on? Ok, ty.

Not exactly. Noble Arms - Caliburn can still be used to gain 500 Life Points if the equipped monster is lanced. It just can't apply the 500 ATK boost.

Things stay equipped, but do nothing until lance wears off.

*do nothing to the monster

Archived