Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct. B's discard and payoff are simultaneous, but C does one before the other. The last thing to happen for C will be the payoff, not the discard.

A question about Destructotron. If the target is flipped face-up in response to his effect, is it still destroyed?

Yes. It would not, however, if it said "target 1 face-down card; destroy that target" the key words being "that target" as it is no longer considered the same target.

So what's the point of that effect then? Lmao

So that if you can't activate it without losing harder (Masquerade or equivalent) or if you run out of mats, you don't just get wrecked. Also to use the detach selectively, instead of just lawl I reflect your 500 points of attacking

So what's the point of that effect then? Lmao

If you don't detach, both players take damage. If you do detach, only your opponent takes damage. You're likely going to detach every time No.54 battles until it's out of Materials, at which point, your opponent is STILL taking damage, but you are too.

Does Metaion burn for cards returned to the Extra Deck / banished by Plaguespreader effects?

Cards returned to the Extra Deck are counted toward Metaion's effect. Cards that are banished or sent to the grave when they leave the field are not counted toward Metaion's effect.

If I had Dimensional Fissures, are Artifacts that are set in the S/T zone banished when they are destroyed, or do they just go to the graveyard.

Graveyard. They're Spells at that time.

Can Strike Bounzer negate Battle Fader's "end the battle phase?"

If an opponent's effect is negated then Tachyon Dragon gets no boost right?

No. Battle Fader's entire effect activates and resolves in the hand. Also, you can't negate half an effect.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Resolve

Any card or effect that activates must resolve, unless the activation itself was negated

So if an effect is negated because of the likes of Veiler, Tachyon will still Trigger. But if it was negated  by, say, Divine Wrath, Tachyon gets nothing.

Thanks, also: Monsters negated by Tachyon Dragon can still activate right? If that effect resolves somewhere else (like Cyber Valley) what happens?

"Resolves somewhere else"

Card effects resolve where they activate. All the time.

If it activates on the field while under Tachyon's condition, it'll be negated.

When I Ritual Summon a monster, and my opponent activates Bottomless Trap Hole, can I cancel the effect by activating Ritual Buster?

No.

When you Summon a Ritual monster, you can activate Ritual Buster as Link 1. Bottomless can be activated as Link 2, because Ritual Buster has not resolved yet.

Even if Ritual Buster is Link 2, it will not prevent Bottomless from resolving, as it has already been activated.

Can my opponent negate things like Star Drawing/Gagaga Girl/Gagagarevenge Xyz Summon effects with things like Divine Punishment?

If a trap activates in the graveyard like Breakthrough Skill you can negate it right?

Star Drawing and Girl, yes because it's the activation of a monster's effect. Gagagarevenge no, because it's the activation of a Spell Card's Effect, not the Spell Card.

Yes, with effects that negate "The activation of a Trap Card's Effect"

Can my opponent negate things like Star Drawing/Gagaga Girl/Gagagarevenge Xyz Summon effects with things like Divine Punishment?

If a trap activates in the graveyard like Breakthrough Skill you can negate it right?

The effects that Xyz monsters gain through cards like Star Drawing are effects that activate and start a chain when the Xyz monster is summoned. Divine Punishment can negate the effect.

Breakthrough Skill Graveyard effect can be negated by cards that negate the effects of cards that target or cards that negate the effect of Traps. It cannot be negated by cards that negate the activation of Trap Cards. For example, if you used Breakthrough Skill from the grave, Maiden or Bujingi Turtle could negate it, but LaDD could not.

Archived