Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Ice Beast Zerofyne negates a monster's Call of the Haunted and in that same turn Call is destroyed, is the monster destroyed by Call? What if Call is destroyed on a later turn?

Does Pumprincess lose its counters when Zerofyne activates?

If Ice Beast Zerofyne negates a monster's Call of the Haunted and in that same turn Call is destroyed, is the monster destroyed by Call? What if Call is destroyed on a later turn?

Does Pumprincess lose its counters when Zerofyne activates?

The monster summoned by call of the haunted wouldn't be destroyed (Like when you special summon jinzo with it). If call is destroyed after your next stand by phase, then yes, it would be destroyed. Not sure about the counters though. 

If something on the field changes its name to a unique monster (like Gagaga Magician) what happens?

You cannot Summon another Gagaga Magician.

If you control a Gagaga Magician and another of your monsters becomes Gagaga Magician, both are destroyed by game mechanics.

You cannot Summon another Gagaga Magician.

If you control a Gagaga Magician and another of your monsters becomes Gagaga Magician, both are destroyed by game mechanics.

Almost right.

For the scenario where it is Gagaga Magician, or some other monster you can only control 1 of, and you already control one or place one on the field following the name change:

The last one to be face-up on the field is destroyed by game mechanics. The other one is fine.

Normal Situations:

Nothing, really. Its name is treated as that unique monster, and as such any cards that require that monster may be used. A relevant example is Prisma sending Dark Magician Girl, then using Timeaus targetting the Prisma (Now DMG).

During the End Phase of a turn that my opponent Normal Summoned a Kuribandit, if I have a Set Breakthrough Skill, who has the right to activate their card first?

Well technically, he does. But I dont see why you wouldnt BTS earlier. Under the assumption you do:

After a series of passing priorities, your effect of Breakthrough Skill will be forced to wear off, allowing him to use his optional effect of Kuribandit. Same reason Yamato > Effect Veiler.

Well technically, he does. But I dont see why you wouldnt BTS earlier. Under the assumption you do:

After a series of passing priorities, your effect of Breakthrough Skill will be forced to wear off, allowing him to use his optional effect of Kuribandit. Same reason Yamato > Effect Veiler.

Wroooooooooooong.

BTS says for the rest of the turn. Veiler says End Phase.

Veiler loses because it's forced to expire. BTS expires the moment the turn ends.

This is a somewhat common sense question that I think I know the answer to, but you can't use Breakthrough Skill from the Graveyard as a quick effect, right?

Breakthrough Skill in the Graveyard has the speed of a Trap Card (Spell Speed 2) and can be chained to the activation of other Spell Speed 2 or lower effects. The only restriction is that you can only use the effect during your Turn.

So in a chain that includes mandatory and optional effects (like dumping Eclipse Wyvern and a Shadoll Lizard), do the mandatory effects activate first so you can't really choose the chain order? Or can I still choose here?

You may choose the order of the links, but you must follow the SEGOC rules (Simultaneous Effects Go On Chain). The order is as such:

Turn Player Mandatory Effects

Opponent Mandatory

Turn Player Optional Effects

Opponent Optional

Eclipse Wyvern is a mandatory effect, whereas Lizard is optional. Eclipse must be Link 1 and Lizard Link 2. However, if both Eclipse and Lizard were mandatory (or both optional), you would be able to choose which one is Link 1 and Link 2.

Thanks. So in that chain, would they have to activate debunk at the end of the chain, or could they debunk the Wyvern and Lizard would go in a new chain?

They would not get the chance to activate Debunk in response to Wyvern. No cards can interrupt the stacking of a chain caused by SEGOC. He'd only be activate Debunk as Chain Link 3, in response to Lizard's activation.

This is why, when Dark World players discarded multiple DW monsters by the same effect (Card Destruction/Morphing Jar), it was very important how they stacked the chain, because the opponent would only be able to activate a card in response to the last link.

If I target an opponent's monster with Ragnafinity, and the monster's ATK is unchanged from original, is the targeted monster still banished?

No. Ragnafinity says "inflict damage...and if you do, banish it". If you inflict 0 damage, you don't banish it, because you didn't inflict any damage.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this... Sorry if it isn't.

When Pendulums come to TCG or whatever, does turn 1 player start with 5 cards without drawing the sixth? I've been wondering that since I've played on DevPro.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this... Sorry if it isn't.

When Pendulums come to TCG or whatever, does turn 1 player start with 5 cards without drawing the sixth? I've been wondering that since I've played on DevPro.

Until the TCG officially announces the rule change, we continue playing as we always have. We don't know yet if they plan to follow the OCG.

Archived