Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tyrant Neptune is tribute summoned with Qlip Killer and SS Qlip Shell.

Will it get 3000+2800 or 3000+1800?

And could Neptune grap Killer's immunity effects?

Tyrant Neptune gains the printed value of the monster while it is in the Graveyard. It will gain 2800 from Shell.

Yes, Neptune can copy Killer's effects. Since Neptune was Normal Summoned, the Continuous Effects of the copied Killer will apply.

So about negating effects:

If I use Chalice and something activates on the field, lets use Lonefire, then that will still be negated even after it left right? While if I negate Absolute Zero it will still work since it activates when it leaves the field right?

I can't believe it took me this long to get it.

So about negating effects:

If I use Chalice and something activates on the field, lets use Lonefire, then that will still be negated even after it left right? While if I negate Absolute Zero it will still work since it activates when it leaves the field right?

Lonefire will not work if Chaliced. Absolute Zero still works. This is because Lonefire activates and resolves on the field regardless of where the card itself goes, while Absolute Zero activates off the field.

This hasn't had a question in awhile and today I've been full of them. I'll stick to just this one though. DN (Dueling Network) allows players to use Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight in the Extra deck. So if I activate Constellar Meteor and then my opponent uses Dark Magician Girl Dragon Knight's ability wouldn't Meteor's still be in effect? Also could Elemental Hero Prism's ability be used with The Eye of Timaeus? Thank for the info you can give.

This hasn't had a question in awhile and today I've been full of them. I'll stick to just this one though. DN (Dueling Network) allows players to use Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight in the Extra deck. So if I activate Constellar Meteor and then my opponent uses Dark Magician Girl Dragon Knight's ability wouldn't Meteor's still be in effect? Also could Elemental Hero Prism's ability be used with The Eye of Timaeus? Thank for the info you can give.

1) Why would DMGtDK stop anything? It's like asking if MST stops Meteor.

2) I'm really not sure on Prisma. Prisma says "Fusion Materal Monsters", and The Eye of Timaeus is not a monster, so I'm leaning towards no.

@Miror B - The opponent I had using those cards believed that because DMGtDK destroyed Meteor that its effect doesn't work.

@Greiga - He used it on Eye of Timaeus not Dark Magician Girl. 

It was one of those opponents that no matter how wrong they are they think their in the right. At least I have these rulings for future reference if something like this ever happens. Thanks guys.

Asking this for a friend. Splendid Venus and Denkou - Sekka are on Player 1's side of the field. Player 2 special summons Judgment Dragon. Can Player 1 chain Bottomless Trap Hole to the summon successfully?

No. This same ruling applies with Splendid Venus vs Jinzo.

Venus only states that the activation and effects cannot be NEGATED. However, Denkou and Jinzo are preventing you from even activating Set cards/Traps. Since you cannot activate the card at all, Venus' protection does not apply.

No. Although it is your effect, they are the one performing the Special Summon. Dyantherium says "they Special Summon that target".

Are you absolutely sure? I thought it was only worded that way to indicate that they are responsible for targeting, and that it is still your effect.

Are you absolutely sure? I thought it was only worded that way to indicate that they are responsible for targeting, and that it is still your effect.

I'm admittedly not 100% sure. I'm just comparing the wording to Black Garden's wording. The latter case says "Special Summon 1 ... to the opponent's Field", indicating that the controller of Garden is the one performing the Summon, whereas Dyantherium says the opponent targets the monster and that THEY Special Summon to their Field.

I'd expect that if you were performing the Summon, but they picked the target, it would not say "they Special Summon", but instead just "Special Summon". The player Summoning the monster chooses the Battle Position of the Summoned monster. Black Garden does it in ATK by default, but the opponent chooses the Battle Position of the monster from Dyantherium.

Archived