Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do burning abyss and shaddoll monsters have to stay in the grave to resolve, or can I D.D crow them, transmigration prophecy to make them fizzle?

You can Transmration them to make them fizzle.

Not 100% sure on D.D. Crow, though. I think if they're banished before they activate (see: discard for a cost with BA) they won't activate, but I believe they still do when banished after activating.

Not 100% sure, though, because the TCG is weird with Crow rulings.

If Scarm isnt in Graveyard the during the end phase, he cannot activate his effect, so DD Crow works on him.

The other ones effects will go through. 

Transmigration will make the effects disappear, when a card is Shuffled in deck before it has a chance to activates. (I pitch Graff with PWWB, Graff is discarded then you can respond with Transmigration Prophecy as CL2.)

Now if you dont get the same result from directly chaining or things like PWWB that just put on top/bottom.

You can Transmration them to make them fizzle.

Not 100% sure on D.D. Crow, though. I think if they're banished before they activate (see: discard for a cost with BA) they won't activate, but I believe they still do when banished after activating.

Not 100% sure, though, because the TCG is weird with Crow rulings.

Once an effect activates, it resolves unless something prevents the conditions.

Moving a card from the graveyard whose effect has already activated does nothing to that effect, no matter where the card's going up.

TCG rulings is that if the card is moved before activation, it won't activate.

Transmigration will make the effects disappear, when a card is Shuffled in deck before it has a chance to activates.

Saying it "disappears" is really bad terminology since an effect doesn't even exist until it activates/applies really.

If I activate Splash Capture and my opponent summons Constellar Omega would my opponent be able to activate Omegas effect or do I still get Omega? I assume I get Omega, but just to be sure I thought I'd ask.

Splash Capture will resolve last if you Chain Omega's effect to it, so Omega won't change sides. I assume that you think that this card activates before it's on the field, which isn't the case, as it targets it and activates when it's Summoned.

Does Magician Circle stop the Monster from attacking? i used it on YGO WC and it did, however on ygopro, the Attack is gone on.

The monster that declared the attack when Magician's Circle was activated may still attack, as (possibly) Summoning to the opponent's Field causes a replay. And the Special Summoned monster may also attack.

quick question, sorry if you've already answered this a million times but, re reading over necloths, is it at all possible to summon Trishula with the kaleidomirror, since the two high levels says a non-same level monster, and being level 9, I don't see how I could fit it into a single extra deck monster with any other ritual yet.

quick question, sorry if you've already answered this a million times but, re reading over necloths, is it at all possible to summon Trishula with the kaleidomirror, since the two high levels says a non-same level monster, and being level 9, I don't see how I could fit it into a single extra deck monster with any other ritual yet.

To Ritual Summon Trishula you would need 2 Extra Deck monsters whose Levels add up to 9, but there are no Necloth Ritual Monsters that currently can add up 9, so you can't Summon Trishula this way.

You cannot use Level 9s to Summon Necloth Trishula. Kaleidomirror only Tributes 1 monster for the Ritual Summon, either from the Field or Extra Deck.

As such, you won't be able to use Kaleidomirror to bring out Necloth Trishula. It's intended to Summon multiple lower-level Rituals. Unless you use one of the monsters that can be used as the entire Tribute, but isn't Level 9.

Does Steelswarm Roach Negate Special Summon of Fusion?

All Fusion Summons are a result from spell cards that activate. Rai-Oh cannot negate these.

He CAN negate the summon of Fusion Monsters such as Gladiator Beasts, who have summoning conditions and don't use poly

if i change a monster name that has effect that specify "You can only use this effect of [monster name] once per turn" does it remove the monster from the once per turn restriction? since the monsters name is not the one in the text anymore

example: changing NK borz/madolche hootcake with hero mask

if i change a monster name that has effect that specify "You can only use this effect of [monster name] once per turn" does it remove the monster from the once per turn restriction? since the monsters name is not the one in the text anymore

example: changing NK borz/madolche hootcake with hero mask

No, I think it was ruled that changing the name with a card effect doesn't let you override the hard OPT clause. (Fairy Archer is ruled this way specifically)

No, I think it was ruled that changing the name with a card effect doesn't let you override the hard OPT clause. (Fairy Archer is ruled this way specifically)

The ruling's the same for Rescue Rabbit on the wiki so we can assume it's a general rule rather than a specific case rule.

But with Queen Dragon Djinn the ruling seems to be changing her name lets her effect also prevent her from being destroyed by battle.

So the whole name change thing probably only refers to conditions.

Archived