Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I activate two Forbidden Dresses in the same Chain, both targetting the same monster, will that monster lose a combined total of 1200 ATK?

Yes. Any targeting effect activated on the same Chain as Forbidden Dress will not be blocked by Forbidden Dress.

Third question in the topic must not know as much as I thought.... Any ways Number 82 Heartlandraco is the main concern. If I had 2 on the field and activated both their abilities wouldn't they cancel each other out?

Correct. If you used both of their effects, you would not be allowed to attack at all.

I'm being dumb; If you Tribute Summon Puppet Master by Tributing Skull Knight #2; Puppet misses the timing, right?

No. The last event to successfully occur was Puppet Master being Tribute Summoned.

Since Skull Knight is a mandatory effect, it immediately activates as Chain Link 1. Puppet Master may activate its optional Trigger Effect as Chain Link 2, as according to SEGOC rules.

I've been wondering about this for a bit. 

Can I use Soul Exchange and Monarchs Storm Forth together in order to tribute two of my opponent's monsters as the required tributes for my Level 7 or above monster?

Yes, both of those cards allow you to Tribute an opponent's monster in place of one of yours, so you can use both to Tribute 2 opponent's monsters for the same Tribute Summon.

I feel really stupid for asking such an obvious question, but if I Soul Charge back both an Armageddon Knight and an Infernity Archfiend, will they both resolve simultaneously on a chain or will one of them miss the timing?

I feel really stupid for asking such an obvious question, but if I Soul Charge back both an Armageddon Knight and an Infernity Archfiend, will they both resolve simultaneously on a chain or will one of them miss the timing?

I'm pretty sure that all optional "when" effect of monsters Summoned simultaneously (Pendulum, SC, etc) can be activated in the same chain, in addition you can freely set CL order

My question: DRXD use its effect on unaffected stuff like Felgrand or Qlips, does the target loses nothing but DRXD gains half of the target's ATK? or nothing happens at all?

Question 4. If a "Utopia" monster is equipped with a ZW Storm Bringer and I activate Mirror Force wouldn't "Utopia" monster be destroyed? I assume yes because Mirror Force doesn't target a specific monster it just activates when a monster attacks destroying all attack position monsters on the field.

I am currently writing a detailed guide to Diamond Dude Turbo using Crystal Beasts and was wondering in General how he worked. I would assume that you get the Positives without having to pay anything right? So say Rare Value wouldn't cost a Crystal. Or do you still have to pay costs?

I am currently writing a detailed guide to Diamond Dude Turbo using Crystal Beasts and was wondering in General how he worked. I would assume that you get the Positives without having to pay anything right? So say Rare Value wouldn't cost a Crystal. Or do you still have to pay costs?

That's correct. You don't have to pay the costs of the Spells you activate with Diamond Dude. Trade-In/Destiny Draw etc. don't need a discard and such. Activation conditions are sometimes avoided as well, I believe, if not always. Stuff like Short Circuit can still be resolved off Dude's effect.

If Skill Drain is up, Noble Knight Medraut's effect of becoming a DARK monster while being equipped with a Noble Arms is negated, correct? Or is that a condition? And if Skill Drain is active, does Archfiend Emperor, the First Lord of Horror have 3000 ATK and destroy himself at the End Phase?

I'm pretty sure that all optional "when" effect of monsters Summoned simultaneously (Pendulum, SC, etc) can be activated in the same chain, in addition you can freely set CL order

My question: DRXD use its effect on unaffected stuff like Felgrand or Qlips, does the target loses nothing but DRXD gains half of the target's ATK? or nothing happens at all?

According to Wiki, Dark Rebellion's effect says "and if you do". If the targeted monster doesn't halve its ATK, Dark Rebellion gains nothing.

If my opponent activates Divine Wrath on my Qliphoth Genome's "If this card is Tributed:" effect, is Qliphoth Genome sent to the Graveyard?

Hmm...I'm not 100% sure on that particular mechanic regarding Pendulum monsters, but I suspect that yes, it would go to the Graveyard, as it was "destroyed" while not on the Field. Cards in the Extra Deck are theoretically capable of being destroyed, so it would go to the Graveyard.

Question 4. If a "Utopia" monster is equipped with a ZW Storm Bringer and I activate Mirror Force wouldn't "Utopia" monster be destroyed? I assume yes because Mirror Force doesn't target a specific monster it just activates when a monster attacks destroying all attack position monsters on the field.

Yes, Utopia would be destroyed. Mirror Force does not target, so you may activate it against Utopia..

If Skill Drain is up, Noble Knight Medraut's effect of becoming a DARK monster while being equipped with a Noble Arms is negated, correct? Or is that a condition? And if Skill Drain is active, does Archfiend Emperor, the First Lord of Horror have 3000 ATK and destroy himself at the End Phase?

Yes, it is negated. The "when equipped" is an effect, not a condition.

Archfiend Emperor will have 3000 ATK and will NOT destroy itself, provided that Skill Drain was already active when you Summoned it. If Skill Drain is activated later, its ATK will return to 3000, but it will still kill itself during the End Phase.

Can you activate Ghostrick Lantern's effect of "When an opponent's monster declares a direct attack, or when a "Ghostrick" monster you control is targeted for an attack" if it is face-down but was a one point face-up? Both players would know it is a Ghostrick monster.

Can you activate Ghostrick Lantern's effect of "When an opponent's monster declares a direct attack, or when a "Ghostrick" monster you control is targeted for an attack" if it is face-down but was a one point face-up? Both players would know it is a Ghostrick monster.

No.

Does the effect of Phantom Knights Shadow Veil that does not treat it as a Trap Card only apply when it is treated as a monster? What happens if it gets flipped face-down while it is a monster?

Archived