Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

That is not proper.

Monsters are destroyed by battle at Substep 4 of the Damage Step.

At Substep 7 of the Damage Step, Macro/Fissure will banish any destroyed monster as a replacement for the Graveyard.

At Substep 4, the game cannot "predict" whether the monster is headed to the Graveyard or the Banished Zone because

1) it hasn't actually lost the battle yet, so there's no guarantee that it would be destroyed, and

2) Macro/Fissure could leave the field before Substep 7.

An ugly replacement would be "While monsters that would be sent to the Graveyard are being banished instead, this card cannot be destroyed by battle." This is a Continuous Effect that looks for the presence of another Continuous Effect. I don't think there's an elegant solution although I think my grammar could be better.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your favorite noob Tewt returns. Lol

I'm just getting into the Pendulum thing and I was wondering about D.Fissure/Macro/Banisher/etc.

If these things (while face-up I believe) are sent to the Extra deck instead of the grave, would  it avoid getting banished by Macro and friends?

Your favorite noob Tewt returns. Lol

I'm just getting into the Pendulum thing and I was wondering about D.Fissure/Macro/Banisher/etc.

If these things (while face-up I believe) are sent to the Extra deck instead of the grave, would  it avoid getting banished by Macro and friends?

No. They will be banished and not go to the Extra Deck. The Pendulum card must be going from the Field to the Graveyard to be put in the Extra Deck instead. D-Fissure will banish Pendulum Monsters, but if a Pendulum card in the Pendulum Zone is destroyed, it goes to the Extra Deck because it was not a monster.

That being said, with a regular destruction, is it a choice to be sent to the grave or extra deck? Or is sending it to the extra deck mandatory?

No. They will be banished and not go to the Extra Deck. The Pendulum card must be going from the Field to the Graveyard to be put in the Extra Deck instead. 

Decree wouldn't be on the field when the effect resolves, so Mirror Force would go off.

Wrong scenario. "and I cahin MST do destroy Mirror Force"

If I activate Mirror Force in response to an attack while Royal Decree is on the field, and I chain MST to destroy Mirror Force, what happens to its effect?

Mirror Force is still negated. Decree doesn't work like Skill Drain.

Does YgoPro have all correct rulings programmed in? (I can't imagine it covers every situation)

Regardless, I'd like clarification on the following (Melodious):

I SS Elegy, com activates Compulsory, I chain Call of the Haunted for Aria. Doesn't backwards resolution allow Aria's effect to take place? Or since Compulse was already activated it resolves as normal?

Does YgoPro have all correct rulings programmed in? (I can't imagine it covers every situation)

I SS Elegy, com activates Compulsory, I chain Call of the Haunted for Aria. Doesn't backwards resolution allow Aria's effect to take place? Or since Compulse was already activated it resolves as normal?

Doubtful, as many interactions would be a programming nightmare, even if done by an experienced programmer.

Aria merely prevents targeting. However, Compulsory has already targeted and this won't be stopped. It's very similar to cards like Safe Zone. Because targeting happens at activation, before anything can chain to it, you won't be able to "prevent" cards from being targeted afterwards.

Although if the effect was "negate effects that target", that would stop Compulsory/etc.

That's a common mistake, the mots common example is chaining something to Forbidden Dress that targets. As it hasn't resolve yet, it still means you can activate cards and effects that target. And Aria, as it's not on the field yet, cards that target can still be activated, though when it is, cards cannot be activated.

If two copies of the same Superheavy Samurai monster battle while in Defense Position, are they both destroyed?

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Total_Defense_Shogun

While "Total Defense Shogun" is in Defense Position, he attacks using his ATK but defends with his DEF if he is attacked. If he attacks a monster with higher ATK, but ATK lower than "Total Defense Shogun"’s DEF, "Total Defense Shogun" is still destroyed because the battle is ATK vs. ATK

Rule is perfectly logical and should also apply here.

If two copies of the same Superheavy Samurai monster battle while in Defense Position, are they both destroyed?

No, neither will be destroyed.

For this example, assuming Big Benkei is the battling monster. (1000/3500). Big Benkei's effect states that Samurai can attack while in defense, and if it does, to apply its DEF for Damage Calculation.

The attacking Benkei will apply its DEF (3500) against the DEF of the defending monster (3500). Defending Monsters in DEF position cannot be destroyed by a monster with equal ATK to its DEF. Neither will be destroyed, and no damage will be inflicted to either player.

hey, on effects like de fleur , I am told to believe that using book of moon would stop it's ability to negate a card on my turn when used in chain. is this right, and if it is, can you explain the rulling behind that, because it's already activated, I don't understand how an already activated effect can't resolve just because it goes face down.

hey, on effects like de fleur , I am told to believe that using book of moon would stop it's ability to negate a card on my turn when used in chain. is this right, and if it is, can you explain the rulling behind that, because it's already activated, I don't understand how an already activated effect can't resolve just because it goes face down.

Chaining Book to cards like Chevalier de Fleur or Evolzar Laggia/Dolkka/etc will NOT prevent their effects from resolving, unless there is some condition being applied to them, such as LADD reducing its stats. if you chained Book to LADD to flip it down, its stats cannot be modified while facedown, so it will fail to resolve. Cards without a stipulation will not be affected.

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but: a pendulum monster's summon is negated (Black Horn'd); does it go to Extra or Grave?

Grave. It never hit the field, so it was not able to be sent from the field to the grave (the requisite for being sent to the extra)

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but: a pendulum monster's summon is negated (Black Horn'd); does it go to Extra or Grave?

It goes to the Grave, as it was not considered to have been on the Field when sent to Grave. Pendulums go to the Extra if they would have went from the Field to the Graveyard.

Archived