Yu-Gi-Oh! Rulings Questions

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should know this but I forget a lot of things.

I have Delteros with material. Can they Divine Punishment my Altair? I gave it to him thinking the last thing was the effect and not the summon.

No, they can't. Altair activates when it is Summoned. At this timing, Delteros is preventing the opponent from activating card effects. Trigger Effects that activate on the Summon cannot be responded to while Delteros is out.

The only thing they can use is something that negates the Summon entirely. Cards like Torrential, or card effects that would activate upon a monster's Summon, cannot be used.

Side note: This is probably the point of Delteros, in the sense that Tellarknights all activate when they're Summoned. Delteros is preventing the opponent from chaining any effects to "tellarknight" effects.

When i summon a monster with a spell speed 1 effect and the summon is succesful (No warning/horn/ecc), do i get a chance to use its effect immediately without passing priority to my opponent or am i forced to let my opponent respond with things like BTH, TT and whatever else?

Trigger Effects ALWAYS occupy the first chain link when they're triggered. It's part of the Fast Effect Timing spreadsheet.

I meant ignition effects (Like Chaos Sorcerer, BLS, Judgment Dragon and things like that), not effects like "When/if normal/special summoned, do..."

Then no. Ignition effects cannot be activated in a closed gamestate.

This is also covered by the Fast Effect Timing spreadsheet.

Do I have to control a monster to apply the effect of The Monarchs Storm Forth?

No. The Monarch's Stormforth, although it says "If you would Tribute a monster you control" also says "as if you controlled that monster." You do not need a monster to activate Stormforth, and once it has resolved, you may Tribute Summon using that monster because it is treated as though you control it.

So, I'll use a real life example. Vs Dante, with Cir as an Xyz material, and I control Number 104. I attack and destroy Dante. Can I chain Masquerade to both effects, or can the "setting" of the chain not be interrupted?

No. Cards that negate the activation of cards or effects must chain in response to the effect they're negating, and both Dante and Cir form a chain before Masquerade can be used.

If phantom of chaos copy effect of monster that require condition such as "If this card was Normal Summoned this turn", or "while you control this special summoned card", if phantom of chaos met those condition before copying the effect,e.g normal summoned phantom of chaos copying cardcar D effect / special summoned phantom of chaos copying aria the melodius diva effect, would it be able to activate/apply those effect?

If phantom of chaos copy effect of monster that require condition such as "If this card was Normal Summoned this turn", or "while you control this special summoned card", if phantom of chaos met those condition before copying the effect,e.g normal summoned phantom of chaos copying cardcar D effect / special summoned phantom of chaos copying aria the melodius diva effect, would it be able to activate/apply those effect?

On Aria, I do not know. For other things:

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1146074

• 2 weeks later...

Archived