Changing the Mod Team

Wow, what a suggestion...or coup d'etat. ._.

I would personally nominate Hi I'm Dad who I don't know particularly well but he had the conviction to leave a certain gossip-laden group on principle, I think the General section would be safest in his hands. Anyone party to the "Jesus" thread (you know who you are) should *definitely* not be a moderator because of the conflict of interests. If you are and you do want to be a mod, you should leave and I will be the first to co-sign you.

If you notice, none of the Jesuits nominated themselves, and all but one said no. Even that one basically said no. Please elaborate on the bias. I don't really see the issue. You make it sound like the Jesus thread agrees on everything and acts like some manner of hive mind. Which you should know by now that it does not

But ye, Dad would be sweet to have. Not sure he wouldn't want it though

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You made this thread and you're lying through your teeth and you're boring me and you shouldn't be a mod.

I made this thread because I noticed flaws with the moderating team, and I noticed people were upset with them, and wanted people to finally start to discuss what they wanted. And to give the mods a chance to explain their thoughts on their position.

You have no actual proof I'm lying except you feel I am, which is completely unfair.

Some level of distrust is healthy, when you can't see someone being honest because of it however, that's when it starts getting bad.

I've not said anything I didn't mean in this entire thread from what I remember.

Basically it sounds like you're just assuming something about me unfairly, so I guess there's no real reason for me to worry that I'm actually coming off as ambitious, is what I'm getting from all this.

CowCow, you would make a horrible mod as much as you make a crappy person to have an argument with. You shouldn't be mod simply because you can't look past anything on the ground level from anything that is out of left field, the topics that are more risque. You glance over most people's statements and then continue with what your saying, repetitively, just to talk instead of communicate. You would be sheet just for the fact that you wouldn't be able to participate with a level head once you start losing focus. And helping to do more than just damage control is another conversation all its own, not something that you could do either.

Black is a person I could see being either a crappy or absolutely fantastic mod. It would be a coin flip, mostly because I haven't seen how much he has changed and worked on himself, and have seen the point where Black became volatile after some short, un-important, topics. If my voice mattered when I was more active with the community, I would say that I have no support behind Black being mod because of how much he couldn't dissociate himself with opinions of himself, especially when things became based around validating from others.

Winter is a member that I could see being a fantastic mod, only if it came to the point of him becoming less paranoid and more collective. He has some good aspects of being a voice, but he can't do sheet after that. He keeps a conversation going and would bring a conversation to a certain point. He just never stops when it becomes a hate fest, and can often make the situation worse. If his active role in OCG is something to say, it is that Winter can stick to his guns. That just isn't enough.

I could not see Giga as a mod because he is only goal-oriented, with no concrete aspect to anything beyond wanting to do something. Whatever that something is.

I actually would love to see Gus, Welche, as mod. He is someone that has drive, mental stability, and a pleasure to work with. Gus knows where he stands at all points, and has gotten involved with the community to try and make it better, always having the same attitude and reason behind himself. He has the filter that Winter doesn't. He has the ideas that Giga can't grasp. He has the ability to dissociate himself with the topic and handle the situation better than others. He also knows what he is talking about and presents himself in the best measure, so that he knows what other people are talking about and what he is talking about. I think Welche would be one of the best fitting mods for the General position.

I've already been a mod and I did nothing horrible. I don't need to be a mod, and I respectfully bowed out back in January, without refuting my desire to be a mod. I didn't even ask to be one here, only going with it once my name was brought up by another person, the unofficial head moderator.

Why do I want to be a mod? To help the site. I don't think I'm going to magiclaly perfect things, but I have no desire for power for the sake of it, only to better things. And, as I said, I've put

And while the mod team doesn't work together at present, it still does have the cliquey vibe you tried to praise it for not having. That's part of the issue people have with random decisions like the new rules falling from the skies. It seems incredibly private, and one of the things that this thread asks for is transparency to cut down on this.

I don't mean to pick a fight, especially not with the former, I simply ask that you not blindly attack my character.

CowCow, you would make a horrible mod as much as you make a crappy person to have an argument with. You shouldn't be mod simply because you can't look past anything on the ground level from anything that is out of left field, the topics that are more risque. You glance over most people's statements and then continue with what your saying, repetitively, just to talk instead of communicate. You would be sheet just for the fact that you wouldn't be able to participate with a level head once you start losing focus. And helping to do more than just damage control is another conversation all its own, not something that you could do either.

Black is a person I could see being either a crappy or absolutely fantastic mod. It would be a coin flip, mostly because I haven't seen how much he has changed and worked on himself, and have seen the point where Black became volatile after some short, un-important, topics. If my voice mattered when I was more active with the community, I would say that I have no support behind Black being mod because of how much he couldn't dissociate himself with opinions of himself, especially when things became based around validating from others.

Winter is a member that I could see being a fantastic mod, only if it came to the point of him becoming less paranoid and more collective. He has some good aspects of being a voice, but he can't do sheet after that. He keeps a conversation going and would bring a conversation to a certain point. He just never stops when it becomes a hate fest, and can often make the situation worse. If his active role in OCG is something to say, it is that Winter can stick to his guns. That just isn't enough.

I could not see Giga as a mod because he is only goal-oriented, with no concrete aspect to anything beyond wanting to do something. Whatever that something is.

I actually would love to see Gus, Welche, as mod. He is someone that has drive, mental stability, and a pleasure to work with. Gus knows where he stands at all points, and has gotten involved with the community to try and make it better, always having the same attitude and reason behind himself. He has the filter that Winter doesn't. He has the ideas that Giga can't grasp. He has the ability to dissociate himself with the topic and handle the situation better than others. He also knows what he is talking about and presents himself in the best measure, so that he knows what other people are talking about and what he is talking about. I think Welche would be one of the best fitting mods for the General position.

I agree, main reason that I ruled myself out earlier. I can get too abrasive and I won't back down (which can be a flaw).

I do think Welche would be a nice addition. Still standing behind Brightflame, but Goose could be the second guy

I've already been a mod and I did nothing horrible. I don't need to be a mod, and I respectfully bowed out back in January, without refuting my desire to be a mod. I didn't even ask to be one here, only going with it once my name was brought up by another person, the unofficial head moderator.

Why do I want to be a mod? To help the site. I don't think I'm going to magiclaly perfect things, but I have no desire for power for the sake of it, only to better things. And, as I said, I've put

And while the mod team doesn't work together at present, it still does have the cliquey vibe you tried to praise it for not having. That's part of the issue people have with random decisions like the new rules falling from the skies. It seems incredibly private, and one of the things that this thread asks for is transparency to cut down on this.

I don't mean to pick a fight, especially not with the former, I simply ask that you not blindly attack my character.

I am not attacking your character. I am presenting what I have noticed from you in the past, which I can't say anything about what you're doing now.

This is a really enlightening observation, could you elaborate more?

You are always working on something. I see it more with your deck building and the relationships you have with people, as you are consistently trying to make them more than what they are originally. How you became the head of the memesquad, or the face of it. It was centered around because how much you put yourself forward from the people who were associated. You kind of just talked about your desires of what you want to get ahead with, not how you want to get ahead. When I saw how you acted with Toyo some time ago in a Skype chat, you were making sure that the conversation didn't get too out of hand, but you weren't the one who could keep the balance of the conversation or the members in it. You just wanted something to get done. How you work on your decks, you're always trying something new with the deck. You are willing to make them more than they are, but lose focus of the structure of the deck if you work too much on it, simply because you just add to it.

My observations could be a little wonky and my evidence is pretty behind. It is just the vibe I get from you after some time.

Wow, what a suggestion...or coup d'etat. ._.

I'm good with the current mods. A lot of people weren't around when the mod teams were atrocious but yeah, it can get much worse than what it is now, which may well be the best mod team the site's had.

I would personally nominate Hi I'm Dad who I don't know particularly well but he had the conviction to leave a certain gossip-laden group on principle, I think the General section would be safest in his hands. Anyone party to the "Jesus" thread (you know who you are) should *definitely* not be a moderator because of the conflict of interests. If you are and you do want to be a mod, you should leave and I will be the first to co-sign you. 

But ye, Dad would be sweet to have. Not sure he wouldn't want it though

I'll be honest and say this wasn't what I was expecting.  But okay.  You have my attention.  I'm listening.

Shine on you crazy messiah.

And to all a good night!

it was the honest truth. Life hasn't been easy for me in a long time, least of all not from

October to April. Life finally started to be on the up and up then, and I started to cry because it hit me how well things have been going.

I'm not a messiah. I believe I have the potential to try to be a leader, and that's all. Which is something CC lacks. If I wanted power alone, I would have clawed for TCG when it needed a mod. But I have nothing to add there. What's the point of power if it means nothing in application?

Judge me as you will, for I cannot show the contents of my mind as evidence. I was definitely more desperate when I became a mod before, and the worst thing to happen was mod forum drama. I don't believe worse could happen now that I'm years older, and much more rational and calm.

I still am confused whenever me as a mod is brought up if I'm being perfectly honest. As far as I know it's usually only been brought up as a joke by Raeg?

I tend to repeat myself mainly because, as I see it, things often get...well, as you said. Glanced over. Mostly...if someone's rebuttal to my point doesn't actually rebuke my point, i feel the need to re-bring it up until I think there's a solid reasoning against it.

I'll admit I'm not the best at explaining the point at times. Which leads to confusion. Which leads me to wondering if the point was just misunderstood.

And honestly I do believe I'm getting better at keeping a level head. Hosting RPs certainly helped me with that.

There's a lot of things that I can agree with for reasons against me. These ones I'm not entirely certain on. While I'm not actually specifically looking for a mod position, I felt I should still respond to this.

I still am confused whenever me as a mod is brought up if I'm being perfectly honest.

I tend to repeat myself mainly because, as I see it, things often get...well, as you said. Glanced over. Mostly...if someone's rebuttal to my point doesn't actually rebuke my point, i feel the need to re-bring it up until I think there's a solid reasoning against it.

I'll admit I'm not the best at explaining the point at times. Which leads to confusion. Which leads me to wondering if the point was just misunderstood.

And honestly I do believe I'm getting better at keeping a level head. Hosting RPs certainly helped me with that.

There's a lot of things that I can agree with for reasons against me. These ones I'm not entirely certain on. While I'm not actually specifically looking for a mod position, I felt I should still respond to this.

I was just replying to names that were brought up, I didn't really look at more than that. I thought my input would be something, I guess. Mostly, I wanted to put Gus into the conversation because of how fitting I see him as being a leader figure.

If you would, let me elaborate. Your opinion is not glanced over, ever, whenever the conversation got heated (from my point of view). Your opinion standard is nothing more than that of an opinion, without having content to back it up other than "what-if" and "what is does for me". When it comes to casual vs. competitive. You only cared about people having fun with the game, not getting to the concept of the game being a learning experience. When it came to a conversation about how YCM's past was so much better, you kept wanting to say how you never saw it then but it seemed that YCM's past was a shitstorm because of how it is remembered. When I said that your opinion on card's power level was sheet, you took it personally because you "could know how good cards are" without knowing why cards are good in the first place. When I tried to talk to you about what cards are banned, you were so keen on the reason being "not a mistake, it was just overly pushed". Your context of information bars to only what you see, and not the information that is actually there. Your opinion is only formed by your opinion, with the only background being what you deal with. It is too personal with no support or foundation.

Your explanation of things is just a jumbled pile of trying to put things into new words and configurations. Exactly how you would explain something. Not argue what you are explaining. It is only confusing because you are a running stream of wanting to explain something, not defend something.

Your level head might be better. Running RPs are helpful there. This was just going off of me seeing you when things got beyond more than just a fruitful conversation, where you took things as a personal attack. I don't spend my time in the RP forum anymore, so I don't keep watch of how you run RPs. RPs and debates are different structures, though. You can take from them, and use some of the same leadership, but know that your voice shouldn't be the de facto power. It should be a bridge to change the pace, flow, and definition of conversation. You should only have absolute reign when it goes beyond a topic that cannot find its way back to its original structure.

Shine on you crazy messiah.

And to all a good night!

Black's knowledge of card design and the metagame is enough to warrant him as mod. He is probably one of the best suited just with that background, and hardly any one else can compare to what Black has to offer in that degree. His reasons for being mod can be because he wants to just power creep and tower over everybody. That shouldn't be anything to bring to attention, because it doesn't matter. Black is one of the few people that has enough background in what CC needs, that he would only make it better by being put in that position. He is the best qualified for it, so his reason means nothing. Unless it was making the forum worse, but that is a stretch. What does matter is how he will affect the forum, and that is more about his attitude.

So about this. My problems are

>Don't know when to drop it?

How is that...different than Black for example?

So about this. My problems are

>Don't know when to drop it?

How is that...different than Black for example?

It isn't. Both of you have that about yourself, until it affects how you view the conversation. Where it stems is the sections you would be more gravitated towards, and what you would overall add to the forum. General is where you would be more suited, simply because of what you immerse yourself in. In General, there is actual conversation, and it would be defending your own points while trying to stimulate the conversation to agreeing with you. In CC, that only happens when the members are shitty and can't take advice at all. The consequences are less liberal from section to section and that is partly because of the members involved and the type of topics that the sections promote.

I was just replying to names that were brought up, I didn't really look at more than that. I thought my input would be something, I guess. Mostly, I wanted to put Gus into the conversation because of how fitting I see him as being a leader figure.

If you would, let me elaborate. Your opinion is not glanced over, ever, whenever the conversation got heated (from my point of view). Your opinion standard is nothing more than that of an opinion, without having content to back it up other than "what-if" and "what is does for me". When it comes to casual vs. competitive. You only cared about people having fun with the game, not getting to the concept of the game being a learning experience. When it came to a conversation about how YCM's past was so much better, you kept wanting to say how you never saw it then but it seemed that YCM's past was a shitstorm because of how it is remembered. When I said that your opinion on card's power level was sheet, you took it personally because you "could know how good cards are" without knowing why cards are good in the first place. When I tried to talk to you about what cards are banned, you were so keen on the reason being "not a mistake, it was just overly pushed". Your context of information bars to only what you see, and not the information that is actually there. Your opinion is only formed by your opinion, with the only background being what you deal with. It is too personal with no support or foundation.

Your explanation of things is just a jumbled pile of trying to put things into new words and configurations. Exactly how you would explain something. Not argue what you are explaining. It is only confusing because you are a running stream of wanting to explain something, not defend something.

Your level head might be better. Running RPs are helpful there. This was just going off of me seeing you when things got beyond more than just a fruitful conversation, where you took things as a personal attack. I don't spend my time in the RP forum anymore, so I don't keep watch of how you run RPs. RPs and debates are different structures, though. You can take from them, and use some of the same leadership, but know that your voice shouldn't be the de facto power. It should be a bridge to change the pace, flow, and definition of conversation. You should only have absolute reign when it goes beyond a topic that cannot find its way back to its original structure.

That's fair enough, yeah.

Hmm. So the issue seems to be that I tend to not go into in-depth arguments about the facts and the overall structure of things? I suppose that much is true. I guess the main reason for that is a difference of what is "important" to me. When it comes to solving issues or deciding a course of action, then looking at things more in depth is good. I usually see most discussions as a prelude to the important bits. Putting it another way...Unless I'm given a reason that I feel it's important to get facts and be objective, I tend to think of things as... "I'm just talking about what I feel or think about the subject." Most forum threads I look at as something to talk about ideas and thoughts. And from that piece together the overall idea behind the subject. Each individual letting known what they think, so that common themes and more shaky reasoning can be noticed.

When it comes to the big decisions I don't say as much directly because I prefer going to the sources rather than try and get the solution through something as inconsistent as threads.

The big draw for me doing this thread for instance. It was to gather up the information, and let people express their issues, so that when the actual decisions are made it would be easier to understand the thoughts of as many people involved. And that information would be gathered up and sorted through and that's when the decisions would be made. After looking at the pieces put together.

Oh and to clear up that power level thing I never was actually upset.

This is slightly off topic but also not, I suppose. I guess it's hard for me to explain my exact thought process because it comes naturally to me without having to think much about it.

That's fair enough, yeah.

Oh and to clear up that power level thing I never was actually upset.

I know you weren't upset. You actually handled the conversation well and backed off when you needed to. It was one moment you took the proper road of the conversation. This isn't really meant to seem back handed, as it could. It is more just an observation of you. The use of the example was more on what your opinion is, where it stands.

It shouldn't be used as an example of your attitude, because you handled the situation well, even if it wasn't that impact of a situation.

Dae, I really, really appreciate all those kind words. I would like to assure you that I have a plan more often than it appears I do, but that isn't really something I can prove so it is for you (or, more accurately, everyone) to decide.

In any case, I am glad that others can see how many shits I give.

• Mikhail was just dope, everyone hated the funk, but as an individual he was legitimately remarkable in many aspects. 
  • Black, like all the others is a leader, not a subordinate. All of them burned out because leaders cannot be corralled or controlled. Good luck stripping them of power and expecting good results. And that's what happened. Not just the sheet with Pika but even after. Black, you harbored many negative emotions toward staff for a very long time, and there were many times that it translated into unneeded issues for the site. I just want that to be acknowledged.
  • Though still all of that sheet is irrelevant now, I genuinely don't think you're the exact same person. And I really want to work with you instead of being forced to work around you. I've seen growth from you, and even though you probably feel some resentment toward me for noting that other sheet, just know that it's not with ill-intent and I'm genuine in my belief in you. And I hope that you agree and are willing to be on the team again to benefit the forum.
  • I want to promote Black for CC. 

Mihail was amazing and it's good to finally see someone acknowledge this.

Also, promoting Black to CC should be the logical step right now. I don't think there is anybody on this topic, or in this general community, who could match Black's previous record. Not to mention he is not the same user I once knew, he has turned out to be a well rounded, unbiased, and downright humble individual. To suggest anyone would be a better pick for CC mod is... well... illogical.

So since my name has been thrown around a couple of times (I doubt in much seriousness among the actual discussion happening among the mod team) I figured I should say a little on my thoughts:

[spoiler=Because god-awful formatting]

Did I know someone would nominate when I raise concerns about general?

Yeah, it was kinda obvious. There's maybe 3 super obvious people who post in general, so odds were that I'd be mentioned. But I mentioned what I did because I think that the section needs something like it to really prosper, and because I want to see the section thrive as it's my main section of activity. Speaking of which

Issues with my name in the hat:

Some people have raised issues with my potential objectivity - That's kinda the smallest concern. Because I don't really let personal opinion dictate me in arguments that much. I'll throw comments about what I personally feel at the end of a topic (I.E. guns are stupid, or Hilary is a b****) but I don't let cloud me that much, and I'd be more than willingly to work on it if people think it's that much of an issue. I'm an opinionated person but I enjoy discussion for the sake of discussion to much to let it get really personal, even if my conveyed tone suggests otherwise. But it really is the biggest concern compared to:

Activity

I really don't post much outside of general. And I'm not really concerned to, because like everyone here I have s*** outside of this place that takes priority, and whilst I could push myself to be more active here, I'm not going to let it become a bigger priority than the other stuff. I never have, and I never will. Which is probably an issue considering the whole point of this is a lack of perceived activity. 

Relation to the community:

I know like 3 people here decently well, and 5 over the whole time I've been on the site? Winter, Black and Koko. As well as Chris if he still posted, and Matt if he hadn't gone insane. I've never really interacted with anyone else that much beyond probably mocking them a little on Discord (Speaking of which the mandatory Discord usage is probably a thing I couldn't/wouldn't do), so I wouldn't function as a bridge. And I would probably would come off as a little aloof dick, because I just do that unintentionally as a person. You could argue that being a mod is my chance to open up to and with the community, but I've been here 4 years essentially and I've arguably made myself more distant? So you can take that as you will. 

Essentially, even if I would be the logical person to help general (Not saying I am, but if that's what people thought) in terms of who I actually am as I person I doubt I would be the choice for a mod right now. Because we want someone stable, open and engaged with the community, and I wouldn't define myself as any of those things. 

I will say that if there is no-one else deemed fit to do the job, I would try and I would try to adapt to minimise these flaws as much as I can for the sake of the job, I just can't promise anything because they are issues I've been dealing with for a long time now. I'm not ruling myself out entirely. I would just say there is probably someone better suited for the job. Probably not Winter unless you have him on a leash for the first 6 months, but there is bound to be someone better suited. 

Also why the f*** isn't Black the CC mod yet? He's the only real candidate worth considering. No offence to anyone else, but that guy has done so much for the site continually in the time I have known him, and he has the temperament for it nowadays. 

Archived