Changing the Mod Team

Like I said, I have great record for being the Other TCG mod. I don't have a great record for being promoted to mod. I have a horrible track recorded, and I am one of the names mentioned in the last fiasco. This is why I wouldn't get it. Because of my attitude on this forum. I already mentioned this.

I think it could be done that Dae only has power inside Other TCG. Something to consider.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At last check, Dad's name was at least up for consideration. Only mild reservations expressed at this time, so definitely not a deal-breaker.

As for Dae...I'd have to find this alleged air-tight case again, but I personally would be overwhelmingly skeptical at the prospect.

Really? Who's more fit to be active in other TCG and MTG in general? If you and Nai are in charge of YGO, him being placed there seems logical. Driving ATM, but Dae pretty much defended against Crab's Devil's Advocate ploy quite well.If you're worried about Dae in other areas just restrict his power to OTCG

So despite Night's desire to have mods worry about more than their sections, it's really not the right approach. Teaching everyone everything is pretty silly. You should have people diversify and focus on their strengths. 

Dae is without a doubt talented in that regard as he has demonstrated with his activity in the section. 

As far as I am aware, flame has other tcg covered (though frankly more structured activity would be fantastic) but if it is being discussed for there to be a new moderator for that section, I personally think I would be a good fit there.

Similarly to Dae, I have extensive experience in MTG, and have at least cursory experience in every popular format of the game. As for CFV, I don't really play it, but I have a relative understanding of the game, which I feel might be worth bringing up.

I will admit, my knowledge of MTG isn't as great as Dae's (though I'd say it's at least comparable) but I am constantly learning and getting better. I have various ideas I have been wanting implemented in the section, such as a centralized thread for discussing gaming materials such as sleeves, playmats, deck boxes, etc, and since Dae also has so much to offer, I can work with him to help bring his ideas to fruition.

I have been avoiding bringing up myself as a mod in this discussion, simply because I don't think I would be right for general, but I am certain that I could good work for Other TCG, if someone is needed for it.

Honestly, I really liked the idea of both vla1ne and Aerion being mod in the General/Debate section, but since vla1ne doesn't wanna do it, I don't know if I'd feel too comfortable with just one mod in debates. Vla1ne and Aerion were a good pair, because they were on opposite ends, but without a second mod to even things out. I just don't feel comfortable with that.

Whether it's guns or immigration or political affiliation or whatever, I fear that the ones who have a different opinion than what's the norm on here may not feel comfortable speaking about the issue if we just have one mod on one end, and not another on the other end, and if that happens, Debates could literally end up being just one side of the argument, and not the other.

Just my 2 cents. Also, I definitely support Hi I'm Dad for mod of General. I think he'll be able to do it.

Wait, why are we bringing up an Other TCG mod? The section already has Rai and Flame Dragon for MtG and me and Nai for CFV (should it ever really come up in there again) so now I'm just confused.

As I said, I was under the impression the section was already covered. Dae simply implied that there was a need, and I was saying that if another mod was needed there, I was up to the task.

I never said a mod was needed. I said that I could offer something to increase activity, and being mod for Other TCG would be in the best position to do so. Regardless of anything, Other TCG already has mods that do their job of watching over it. The change in Mod Team was seemingly trying to do more to just watch over the subforum, so I put my name into a pot to see because I felt like I would be a good candidate to do more than just watch over the Other TCG subforum.

The change in Mod Team was seemingly trying to do more to just watch over the subforum, so I put my name into a pot to see because I felt like I would be a good candidate to do more than just watch over the Other TCG subforum.

Precisely this.  There's a number of strong candidates for moderation across YCM, and it would be appropriate to put them on the board.  And if we're advocating for more moderation, I think Dae would be fine in TCG.  But if you're gonna keep us waiting, an update would be nice.  Even if it's just to say, "we're still considering people and haven't come to a decision at this time".

While I have not been part of the deciding process, for obvious reasons, I can say that there is one more member who is almost 100% guaranteed to be promoted to Moderator status.

I'm actually shocked it hasn't been done yet, but wait with bated breath, and ye shall receive.

While I have not been part of the deciding process, for obvious reasons, I can say that there is one more member who is almost 100% guaranteed to be promoted to Moderator status.

I'm actually shocked it hasn't been done yet, but wait with bated breath, and ye shall receive.

Thanks for the update.  This is what we want:  more communication.  This is a small step in the right friggin' direction.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/354420-custom-cards-reform/
http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/354434-showcase-reform/

Smear and I have also started work on our respective sections. While Smear's changes listed here are mostly common sense/cleanup, but the CC reform very much requires user input, which I know that you all would appreciate.

So far I only have Striker, which is good, but I need all of you to help out, so that we can get things rolling.

EDIT: I was ninja'd, but points overall remain

Smear and I have also started work on our respective sections. While Smear's changes are mostly common sense/cleanup, but the CC reform very much requires user input, which I know that you all would appreciate.

I'd also like to add that it's common sense and clean-up for now. I have plans involving rewarding members for posts & CnC and event plans.

Keep in mind this is only for Showcase. There's more planned for Shops and the rest too. ;)

Thanks for the reminder. "Hi, I'm Dad" has been added for Debates/General (I think that was the intended placement).

And Zextra has been trimmed, sadly.

Still don't get why. He logs on daily by the looks of it

It's hardly a legend zero deal

He has not been an active moderator for quite some time. Due to his schooling and real life, and such, he is not able to devote much time or energy to the site in terms of moderation duties, and this has been something that we long ago acknowledged as the case, but never really addressed. His lack of presence and activity has been noticed several times by members and mods alike, and for the most part, we've always just brushed it off as "he's busy because of school/college/real life" and moved on without ever addressing the issue properly, or being able to produce an estimate of when he will be able to return to active duty.

But this has been the case for...probably at least a year or two. We've always hesitated to appoint an outright replacement simply on the fact that he seems to login on a near-daily basis, but how long he's online and what he does when online is unclear.

My understanding is that he doesn't actually do anything significant. If I'm somehow gravely mistaken, let me know, but it's not like I just randomly bumped him off out of nowhere. He has not joined in or acknowledged any of the mod forum conversations or discussions, or even this thread to my knowledge, and none of the current mods have vouched for him by saying "He's actually plenty active with our discussions/actions" (which I legitimately would not be aware of), or told him to check the active discussions.

Because in the Mod Forum itself, where we're having the discussions, I several times made a comment that I intended to trim Zextra due to his persistent and well-known inactivity. And then waited a few days more just to be safe before actually doing it.

I've always liked Zextra, but there's really only so long I can defend the inactivity when it's been brought to my attention several times, and much of the community is likewise aware of it. It's not personal, but since the Mod team is already trying to improve the quality of the team based on activity and new blood, there is simply no justification for NOT tending to that matter.

In my honest opinion we need a more site wide and active super mod. I made this suggestion in Discord but I figured I'd make it more srs. As much as I appreciate Flame Dragon I don't think he has the site wide presence of other mods.

My suggestions for a new super are Sakura or Koko, maybe even Rai or Aix. All of the listed users have a decent site presence and you know they are mods (apart from the changing of the names which mods are aware of *cough aix*).

I'm not suggesting we demote Flame (if the mods deem it necessary then so be it) but at the moment we have three supers who have very little whole site presence. Yes Night and Evilfusion receive respect when they post but they are not on the site as widely as other moderators.

I wanted to stay out of this discussion and allow the majority to decide what is best but, logically in my eyes, the only difference I see between supers and mods is that one group has a little more fancy powers, there doesn't seem to be a specific hierarchy and Super Mods are less present than other mods (this isn't a ratio issue either, they just aren't as active across the site)

In my honest opinion we need a more site wide and active super mod. I made this suggestion in Discord but I figured I'd make it more srs. As much as I appreciate Flame Dragon I don't think he has the site wide presence of other mods.

My suggestions for a new super are Sakura or Koko, maybe even Rai or Aix. All of the listed users have a decent site presence and you know they are mods (apart from the changing of the names which mods are aware of *cough aix*).

I'm not suggesting we demote Flame (if the mods deem it necessary then so be it) but at the moment we have three supers who have very little whole site presence. Yes Night and Evilfusion receive respect when they post but they are not on the site as widely as other moderators.

I wanted to stay out of this discussion and allow the majority to decide what is best but, logically in my eyes, the only difference I see between supers and mods is that one group has a little more fancy powers, there doesn't seem to be a specific hierarchy and Super Mods are less present than other mods (this isn't a ratio issue either, they just aren't as active across the site)

Why does the Super Mod need a site-wide presence, exactly?

Because the person/peoples in charge of the team should be active to be able to help decide what decisions are best for the site. Having every mod vote in someone and give opinions is great but we still need someone who is willing to officially put forward this information as the head of the team, like how in a work role the head of the team will guide the team and make most of the decisions. Which is why Sakura should, in my opinion he is the most level headed and has the ability to be understood by users. I'm not saying that other supers aren't "understood" but we need someone who is more connected to the users.

Sakura is friendly with new and old users a like, posts most of the decisions and seems to have a very neutral position on most things.

Archived