Pokemon Generations

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're probably getting the encounter with Giovanni via Celebi from HGSS adapted since there's a small piece of footage from the trailer (https://youtu.be/wMzwcIG8vgk?list=PLQWzKIaERirwv9M89dxN3bNLY0PyuChOU&t=13) showcasing him that isn't present in the 2nd episode.

Also, that scene with the Rocket Grunts walking like drunks is particularly funny because in the prior scene, they were shown spending their time off, so for all we know, they could've actually drank a mug or two.

And theory time: I find it weird that they missed the perfect opportunity to make Generations an even bigger milestone celebration by releasing 20 shorts, stopping at only 18. It's also weird that they'd release them in the West even before announcing a Japanese release date. Then it came to me: what if they're planning to release the series in Japan after finishing airing here with 2 extra shorts focusing in Alola? Not only would that work as a means to appease their home market, but also to reach the golden mark and contemplating the newest generation, which surely deserves as much attention as the previous ones, while avoiding spoiling the games before their official release?

Actually, it's based on the Japanese interpretation of gangsters and hoodlums.

Yeah, I've already seen that on anime, but I think they went overboard with the posing to the point of becoming ridiculous. I mean, even Kazuma Kuwabara would tell them they're going too far.

And theory time: I find it weird that they missed the perfect opportunity to make Generations an even bigger milestone celebration by releasing 20 shorts, stopping at only 18. It's also weird that they'd release them in the West even before announcing a Japanese release date. Then it came to me: what if they're planning to release the series in Japan after finishing airing here with 2 extra shorts focusing in Alola? Not only would that work as a means to appease their home market, but also to reach the golden mark and contemplating the newest generation, which surely deserves as much attention as the previous ones, while avoiding spoiling the games before their official release?

That would make sense, especially with this being the 18th anniversary of the series outside of Japan.

So that was totally Jessie and James.

I was thinking that too because of the hair color.

If Jessie and James ever got a redesign, I'd actually say look more like that. Or at least Jessie. I always like it when characters try out new hairdos.

Episodes 3 and 4 were pretty cool. I liked that the E4 got a modern touch like having a central chamber and the Team Rocket walk is a gif just waiting to circulate.

I think episode 5 is the weakest one we've gotten so far. Nothing wrong with it of and in itself, but Silver's acting felt a little off at places. Though maybe I'm just crazy. Still enjoyed it.

Episode 6 was exactly what I was expecting from Generations. Animated versions of high profile stories from the games. The story of the Legendary Beasts is an awesome choice for it.

I think episode 5 is the weakest one we've gotten so far. Nothing wrong with it of and in itself, but Silver's acting felt a little off at places. Though maybe I'm just crazy. Still enjoyed it. Episode 6 was exactly what I was expecting from Generations. Animated versions of high profile stories from the games. The story of the Legendary Beasts is an awesome choice for it.

I agree with you on episode 6. Shame we never got to see Silver fight the E4. Sam Riegel would have made a great Will.

Anywho, next up will be something from Hoenn.

Hoenn will probably give us something related to Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza, without being the actual fight from the climax of the games since we got that already in the Mega Evolution special (and it was GLORIOUS). Maybe Wallace winning Steven's Champion title? Or the unlocking and hunting of the Regis. What I would REALLY like is a journey in the Trick House, but that probably won't happen. IDK what we'll get.

Episode 5 was aight, but 6 was GREAT and I loved it. It pretty much perfectly captures the mystery and allure of the legendary Pokemon and what it feels like to discover it and explore the world. 

I think the most important thing to ask when trying to figure out what we'll get in generations is which side characters can they focus on. At this point its clear that we aren't going to follow any of the game leads, so that is where we'll need to look.

For Hoenn I'm betting on something focusing on Steven at the very least.

Archived