Pokemon Generations

[spoiler=Poster for the series]

generationsposter.jpg]

Saw this in my YT news feed, thought it looked quite cool. It revisits each generation of the Pokémon video game series to shed new light on some timeless moments. From the earliest days in the Kanto region to the splendor of the Kalos region, go behind the scenes and witness Pokémon history with new eyes! These bite-sized adventures, about 3 to 5 minutes long, will be released every week through December 23, 2016. The first episode comes out on the 16th

EDIT: added the official poster

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is actually pretty hype. I think having more time per episode will be an advantage for Origins, which this is clearly playing off of, but at 18 episodes this will be about the same length.

Curious things I noticed include Zygarde's perfect form showing up when it never does in game and Red seemingly being the protagonist in all of these.

Not exactly. More like a series of OVAs. Which, all things considered, is still unexpected but seriously awesome.

Yeah, I just saw on Serebii.

The Pokémon Company has announced a new series of shorts called Pokémon Generations. These shorts will go live on Youtube weekly through to December 23rd 2016 and will last 3 to 5 minutes. They will feature various timeless moments from each generation of Pokémon games. Pokémon Generations is to consist of 18 episodes. The first two launch September 16th

Still cool though.

hold on........................

thats AZ..........................................

does this mean they gonna add moar game characters like zinnia?

She has a shot. They said the it would hit all the most memorable moments from the games and her scene at the end of OR/AS could make the cut. At 18 episodes my guess is we'll get about 3 per generation.

This is going to be fun to watch, considering it's all of the generations thus far. But yeah hopefully they at least debut the other main characters besides Red (as it's pretty obvious Red only showed up as playable in Gen 1); think they will have the others to an extent.

Only gen that I'm probably going to have an eye-opener on is Gen 4, since I never played DPPt (emulator sucks) and thus never got to see the plot. Rest are probably close to the remake versions.

This is going to be fun to watch, considering it's all of the generations thus far. But yeah hopefully they at least debut the other main characters besides Red (as it's pretty obvious Red only showed up as playable in Gen 1); think they will have the others to an extent.

Only gen that I'm probably going to have an eye-opener on is Gen 4, since I never played DPPt (emulator sucks) and thus never got to see the plot. Rest are probably close to the remake versions.

Based on the trailer it looks like Red is the main character for all the regions. Which is admittedly strange.

I highly recommend hunting down a copy of Platinum and playing through it. IMO its one of the best Pokemon games.

This made me think, they should eventually do an anime based off the Pokemon Adventures manga. It'd be like Jojo with switching off protagonists for every region, different stories, and they have years of material to work off of.

But with Generations, I'm cool with them doing few minute episodes at a time. If anything, that guarantees the animation will be crisp and at its peak the whole time.

[spoiler=Thoughts on Episodes 1 and 2]

I do like that they began episode 1 with the original opening sequence n' junk, then showcasing Red going through all the regions.

As for episode 2, it was nice to see Looker leading the chase for Giovanni, closing with Giovanni leaving wearing his HGSS attire.

The first episode is a nice set up piece for the series. The intro bit was great and having Mr. Mascot run around to various iconic places (minis Johto) in the various regions was cool. Unova and Kalos had the best ones imo. Pikachu was also pretty adorable.

The Looker episode was cool. Getting to see the police in the world do something is pretty nice. Plus it sets up Gen 2's story beats.

The first episode is a nice set up piece for the series. The intro bit was great and having Mr. Mascot run around to various iconic places (minis Johto) in the various regions was cool. Unova and Kalos had the best ones imo. Pikachu was also pretty adorable.

The Looker episode was cool. Getting to see the police in the world do something is pretty nice. Plus it sets up Gen 2's story beats.

The second place pikachu goes is ecruteak city though.

Archived