[RESULTS ARE FINAL] 2016 Election for President of the United States | Donald Trump Victory

cr47t

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I understand of this occurance, since the caucus system is seemingly the most absurdly complicated and undemocratic electoral process I have seen thus far. 

From what I have seen this part of the second stage of the Nevade caucus. The plegged delegates and a host of unpledged ones turn up on a day to reallocate themselves as they wish essentially. 

In this case half of the total number or so turned up, more voted for Bernie than expected initially. Hillary supporters in the organisers kept asking for recounts and just generally delaying the process to try and swing things in there favour, as they have done in previous stages of the caucus. However, they funked up badly, because it turns out that more Hillary delegates left than Sanders, so when the final tally was taken the end result was in heavily in Sanders favour. 

So in essence, in an attempt to screw with democracy, Hillary's Nevada campaign shot itself in the foot, and Sanders got a minor win. 

Something I've heard before is that Arizona generally has a terrible voting system, but as the Secretary of State says in the video UltimateIRS provided, the backlash has never been to this extent. The issue is going to be determining if this is a consequence of Arizona's usual problems, or if there was indeed something more going on.

Trump needs 67% of the remaining vote, while Cruz still needs 82%. It's mathematically impossible for Kasich at this stage, so he needs a brokered convention, and at the point Trump and Cruz are at, that may very well be possible. However, Sanders has roughly the same percentage as Trump, though different numbers of votes. Throughout this month, I just hope Hillary doesn't make it to… 2000. She might make it to 1800, but I want Bernie to close the gap. New York should be decisive turning points for both parties, and might make or break Cruz and Sanders. Pennsylvania is even more important for Sanders. I'm glad he won Wisconsin, but he'll need even bigger victories throughout the month.

55.7% victory according to the Guardian with all precincts reporting in. Which I mean is a victory that's almost as good as he needs it to be, but Wyoming is a tiny state, so again New York and Cali probably decide things. 

It's still good to see. 

EDIT; On the other hand apparently there were polls leading up to this that had Hilary losing significantly more than this, in which case that's actually really bad. Tiny delegate count so it doesn't affect the score that much, but every little matters. 

They canceled voting and just had the party bosses pick delegates in a nutshell

Cruz got all of em

Ok, more levelheaded me: This is honestly the reason why I'm losing interest in the Election more by the day. The parties are hellbent on making the people lose, and I'm not good with that. Super Delegates are just as cancerous as this crap on the Republican side

They canceled voting and just had the party bosses pick delegates in a nutshell

Cruz got all of em

Ok, more levelheaded me: This is honestly the reason why I'm losing interest in the Election more by the day. The parties are hellbent on making the people lose, and I'm not good with that. Super Delegates are just as cancerous as this crap on the Republican side

Well, there's always Jill Stein (the Green Party candidate). If Bernie doesn't get the nomination I might go and voulunteer for her campaign.

Sander's will probably lose New York though. 

It's a closed Primary, which already puts things against him since he does best with Independents and the Youth, and voter registration closed like 6 months ago. So I doubt a lot of his support will actually be able to vote for him. Save for first time voters who are an exception. Polls have him like 12 points down on top of this. 

I think the best he can do is keep a loss down to single digits and pray that California heavily goes in his favour. Or that one of the three or so miracles Hilary could potential put in his lap happen. 

Sander's will probably lose New York though. 

It's a closed Primary, which already puts things against him since he does best with Independents and the Youth, and voter registration closed like 6 months ago. So I doubt a lot of his support will actually be able to vote for him. Save for first time voters who are an exception. Polls have him like 12 points down on top of this. 

I think the best he can do is keep a loss down to single digits and pray that California heavily goes in his favour. Or that one of the three or so miracles Hilary could potential put in his lap happen. 

If Michigan is anything to go by, polls mean little to nothing. And do realize a fair amount of his supporters (i.e. millennials) would be first time voters. Hell, I am a first time voter for presidential elections. >>

If Michigan is anything to go by, polls mean little to nothing. And do realize a fair amount of his supporters (i.e. millennials) would be first time voters. Hell, I am a first time voter for presidential elections. >>

Michigan is an open primary, and the polls in question were mostly on actual party voters, not independents. So a Michigan like event is unlikely as a result. If this was an open primary anyway, I'd also say the polls aren't that troubling but it isn't. And yes, that is true on the millennial part but we still cut out a large chunk of his voter base. 

So again, single digits loss or breaking even is my realistic hope for this, and then hoping Cali goes heavily in his favour to compensate. I obviously want to see better, but this is a little more realistic. 

I'd love to be more optimistic about it, but it still pays to be aware of the situation leading into things. So here is hoping we get a second panama leak inditing the Clinton's. 

Archived