[RESULTS ARE FINAL] 2016 Election for President of the United States | Donald Trump Victory

cr47t

Well RIP Sanders, it was a fun process to watch, and gave me much entertainment. 

He's not actually lost yet, but the odds of him getting the nomination are basically non-existent at this point. Which is a shame. Probably the only way he wins now is by taking like California in a landslide or something like that. Before these 4 states he needed to win like each state by like 10%, and now he has to win them all by like 20 points or so. 

Rubio dropping out as well means we are basically set on it being Trump/Clinton for the general election, which is not going to be pretty one way or the other. 

Can we just sit for a second and take that in. Donald Trump has a good to fair chance of becoming the next president of the United States

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clinton swept up all 5 states. The dem nomination is pretty much in her pocket unless she slips up or gets arrested, both highly unlikely scenerios. Rubio losing his home state must hurt alot, almost feel sorry for him.

I dont see how Trump wins the GE if he's nominated. Hillary's got this "If I have to" feel to her, but the anti-Trump stigma is real from both parties. I truly wonder if the "establishment" is willing to risk tearing the party in 2 to prevent the Trump nomination. 

Clinton swept up all 5 states. The dem nomination is pretty much in her pocket unless she slips up or gets arrested, both highly unlikely scenerios. Rubio losing his home state must hurt alot, almost feel sorry for him.

I dont see how Trump wins the GE if he's nominated. Hillary's got this "If I have to" feel to her, but the anti-Trump stigma is real from both parties. I truly wonder if the "establishment" is willing to risk tearing the party in 2 to prevent the Trump nomination. 

Look at the numbers dood. Trump got more voters than Hillary in a 4 way election. The turn out will be crazy for him. And if he softens his abrasiveness, yet remains firm on his message, the hate for him in the Red side will go down.

Also considering that Trump makes the North East suddenly in play, the election might not be as easily swept as you think. 

The question is, will Trump stay conservative if he's elected or go back to his liberal roots

Look at the numbers dood. Trump got more voters than Hillary in a 4 way election. The turn out will be crazy for him. And if he softens his abrasiveness, yet remains firm on his message, the hate for him in the Red side will go down.

Also considering that Trump makes the North East suddenly in play, the election might not be as easily swept as you think. 

The question is, will Trump stay conservative if he's elected or go back to his liberal roots

Im highly skeptical the East Coast is leaning Republican for Trump (honestly why). I wont deny there are those that are upset Bernie wont be the nom, but it will fade like the angry Hillary supporters in 08. Ultimately the Trump presidency plus potential GOP Supreme Court seats that Trump will be picking to last at least 30 years will get them to the polls, I dont expect record turnouts, but blue states will remain blue.

The hate for Trump will never go down, it doesn't matter what he says at this point. These are people that plan on dragging this Primary to the convention despite Trump dominating. These are formers candidates like Ronmey and Mccain openly insulting him, and going so far as to set up a news conference and show Republicans exactly how to prevent Trump from getting the nomination.

And what 4 way election are you talking about? Bernie isn't going to break away and run as an independent, and if any Republican does it, Trump and the GOP will lose.

Im highly skeptical the East Coast is leaning Republican for Trump (honestly why). I wont deny there are those that are upset Bernie wont be the nom, but it will fade like the angry Hillary supporters in 08. Ultimately the Trump presidency plus potential GOP Supreme Court seats that Trump will be picking to last at least 30 years will get them to the polls, I dont expect record turnouts, but blue states will remain blue.

The hate for Trump will never go down, it doesn't matter what he says at this point. These are people that plan on dragging this Primary to the convention despite Trump dominating. These are formers candidates like Ronmey and Mccain openly insulting him, and going so far as to set up a news conference and show Republicans exactly how to prevent Trump from getting the nomination.

And what 4 way election are you talking about? Bernie isn't going to break away and run as an independent, and if any Republican does it, Trump and the GOP will lose.

Cruz

Trump

Kasich

Rubio

both cruz and trump are are getting more turn out relative to Hills or sands

Well IK I wont vote for anyone that actively wants War which rules out everyone but Trump and Sanders. Sanders and I have problems on other fronts in mass quantities, so that leaves Trump.

I'm not white. I'm not a Christian. My family immigrated here a few generations ago. It's easy to pawn every Trump supporter off as racist pricks, but that's not true at all

http://www.vox.com/2015/12/22/10649210/donald-trump-tax-tpc

Someone confirm or deny.  And show me the figures, not your word of mouth.

I mean, the TPC paper is linked right there for the immediate tax changes http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/publications/url.cfm?ID=2000560, and both the left leaning and right leaning websites confirmed it. These tax cuts are almost entirely regressive with the top 1% getting upward of 25% tax cuts while middle get barely any.

But the big takeaway from it is Tax Foundation(the right-wing site) claiming it would raise wages by ~6.5% and create about 5M jobs for the unemployed class with barely anything and lower class to actually join the middle class so it's not technically a direct cash injection to the current class like the 1 to 20% are getting to the tune of 1M, but a fattening of the middle class in numbers. These numbers are usually fudged a tiny bit but you get the idea.

Pretty sure its mainly because many Democrats already accepted Hillary as the candidate or don't really care who gets the nomination at this point. Democrats have always been bad at voting outside of GE.

Maybe, but I personally know quite a few Democrats here who went Trump. I personally voted Hillary, and I'm really regretting it now. Underestimating Trump is very risky imo

No one does.  But spreading the entire country into a panic isn't gonna help us find the funkers.

See, this might be a really unpopular opinion. But I want Trump's policy applied to everyone. Regardless of religion. Every mother funker here could be an ISIS sleeper agent. All Emails, and conversations should go through the government. Privacy is not worth a life.

Call me Fascist, call me 1984. But I'm fine with a computer going through my snapchat nudes if it means finding a planned terror attack on the next phone it checks

Like it honestly upsets me that people are racist dude. Not too long ago, (last week), I saw a white woman get all upset that she was singled out for the pat down in the airport. Her exact words were, do I look like a terrorist to you. 

Yes. Everyone. Is. Potentially. A. Threat. 

NO ONE is above scrutiny. Call it panic. I call it saving lives

There's a difference between scanning emails and turning every brown person into a terrorist.  One incites panic. The other is just annoying.

Agreed, I say we operate under the premise that everyone is a terrorist. White, Brown, Green, Yellow, Red, etc

Nobody is above scrutiny, not "president" Trump, not coke dealer on fifth, not Ted funking Cruz. NOBODY.

Everyone charged under suspicion will be publicly noted, so none of that Stalin type disappearing act

No Death Penalty because we cannot reverse that currently  

Privacy does not supersede life

We're honestly not disagreeing

Archived