[RESULTS ARE FINAL] 2016 Election for President of the United States | Donald Trump Victory

cr47t

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NEW YORK EXIT POLLS: CLINTON 54% SANDERS 46% TRUMP 61% KASICH 24% CRUZ 15%

Not the win Sanders needed but not the massacre that occurred on the GOP side

Exit polls are not official. And do realise there is a lawsuit in play on the Democrats side, so there is a chance tonight's results are moot.

Interesting. I would have expected them to wait for more data.

The most important GOP exit poll numbers for Trump tonight:

NYC 52%

Long Island 67%

Hudson Valley 64%

Urban upstate 60%

Rural upstate 46%

He needs 50 in all to sweep NY, quite possible, Sanders is closing on Hills though...which is bad cause a Sanders vs Trump fight isn't to my advantage

Edit: Trump just crossed 70%

CgcsvslUkAAoZoY.jpg

So I saw the results for both parties, and they had already projected Trump to win even though only 1% was reporting. (It wasn't the same on the dem's stats but whatevs)

This is why I disapprove the media's approach to these elections.

President - CD - District 20 - GOP Primary 570 of 571 Precincts Reporting - 99%
  Name Party Votes Vote %   check.gif Trump, Donald GOP 20,314 49%     Kasich, John GOP 13,925 33%     Cruz, Ted GOP 7,411 18%     Carson, Ben GOP 0 0%

Trump lost 4 delegates with Kasich edging him out by 70 votes in District 12 (funk you katniss)

This one's the last one that really matter, and we'll see if Trump can cross 50 here (unsure, but 90/95 is a pretty decent sweep)

At least Cruz didn't win any of the delegates there, so he's stalled for now (though he still has those last three victories / delegates to use for now).

I'd like to point out that while Clinton won NY, she only held NYC, Buffalo, and Rochester to do it while Sanders won the rest of the state, and that is very interesting.

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results

Well, all of the precincts she won were much heavier than the ones Sanders won; despite him getting the bulk of the state. So in a way, Clinton won the heavier areas that matter more, and Sanders gets the smaller ones.

So Sanders loses by 15% I believe... Which is really bad. Again, making victory improbable and dependant on either a massive win in Cali, or a serious change of events at the convention. 

A shame the loss was so big, but given all the drama that happened with people being taken off of the register it's not that shocking. 

Also worth noting that Trump was 3rd overall in the state in terms of votes. The state is massively democrat leading, but the fact that Democrats actually turned out to vote seemingly spells great things for the primary if it can be replicated. 

So Sanders loses by 15% I believe... Which is really bad. Again, making victory improbable and dependant on either a massive win in Cali, or a serious change of events at the convention. 

A shame the loss was so big, but given all the drama that happened with people being taken off of the register it's not that shocking. 

Also worth noting that Trump was 3rd overall in the state in terms of votes. The state is massively democrat leading, but the fact that Democrats actually turned out to vote seemingly spells great things for the primary if it can be replicated. 

The Sanders-Trump crossvote is a factor still, and it's unclear on how much of Cruz and Kasich will collapse in behind Trump relative to Clinton.

While Trump did only get 3rd overall, he was running against more people. It's too early to make general election calls (if that's what you were attempting to do)

They also put Carson on the ballot still for w/e reason (but left off Rubio). And lets not forget the man didn't spend a damn cent, while Cruz and Kasich went ads after ads

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/hillary-clinton-and-donald-trumps-new-york-wins-a-preview-of-the-general-election

An interesting read btw

No idea, but I think Hilary only extended her lead by 21 delegates to 233 total. So... It's still possible for Sanders to win. 

On the other hand, current expectations for some states require Sanders to have over 100% of the popular vote in terms of delegates. He basically needs to clean up in California, and still take a convincing majority in most other states. And by clean up, I mean with like 15 or more points. Even that would only reduce the delegate lead by like 70 though. 

Not sure how exactly the delegate split works, but I figure it's time for some more number crunching. If Cruz loses just another 56 delegates, it's going to become impossible for him to win here. That's entirely possible with next week, where 118 delegates are at stake across five states. Trump needs 392. Still hoping that it becomes impossible for Cruz to win, but also that Trump doesn't get enough. Best-case scenario is that next week is an even split, where Cruz would run out out, and though Trump wins, it wouldn't be enough, so he wouldn't win just yet. Trump needs 53% of the remaining delegates. Two weeks ago I had said Trump needed 67%, and that I would hope Clinton doesn't make it to 2000 this month. Well… Trump's percentage decreased, and Clinton has a very good chance of reaching 2000, maybe even 2100 after next week. Suffice it to say, this situation is the exact opposite of what I wanted.

Archived