Post and I'll ask you a question

The Nyx Avatar

On 7/4/2021 at 10:46 AM, The Nyx Avatar said:

When did you first dabble into the Internet?

Mmm... the memory is kinda hazy, but I started using it for school investigation. I don't think there was wikipedia during those days. I can remember visiting some old school sites with horrible bright colors for background and tons of broken images lol.

Hey, I forgot to answer till now and I'm amazed on how lively the place has become, how nice n.n

On 7/6/2021 at 11:11 AM, Sleepy said:

;9

;9

Welcome!!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Used. It was in an accident and the person that sold it to me repaired it for sell. It is from another state so paperwork was quite a hassle to take care of.

Well, here's hoping you get it.

What brought you to this forum many years ago?

1 hour ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Mmm... the memory is kinda hazy, but I started using it for school investigation. I don't think there was wikipedia during those days. I can remember visiting some old school sites with horrible bright colors for background and tons of broken images lol.

Hey, I forgot to answer till now and I'm amazed on how lively the place has become, how nice n.n

Welcome!!

Well, it's thanks to users like you that this thread is still alive.

I first got a taste for the Internet playing Flash games in the schooo library computer when I was 9. Good shit.

Which class did you like the least in school?

48 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Well, it's thanks to users like you that this thread is still alive.

Thanks n.n

48 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

I first got a taste for the Internet playing Flash games in the schooo library computer when I was 9. Good shit.

This reminded me of a certain PC educative game I played when I was a kid. It was pretty simple, you just had to move your character around a mansion collecting items. The thing is, it was a game in Spanish and the items were named in English, so the idea was that you'd learn some words.

51 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Which class did you like the least in school?

Technical Drawing, hands down. Not because of the subject in itself, but because I had a teacher so nasty I felt sick just thinking about going to that class. 

2 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Thanks n.n

This reminded me of a certain PC educative game I played when I was a kid. It was pretty simple, you just had to move your character around a mansion collecting items. The thing is, it was a game in Spanish and the items were named in English, so the idea was that you'd learn some words.

Technical Drawing, hands down. Not because of the subject in itself, but because I had a teacher so nasty I felt sick just thinking about going to that class. 

Understood. I hated my English teacher from 11th Grade and Rhetoric instructor from college.

Did you ever play this game?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1ZjpbFBX9wbTYVTrYnx1

26 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Understood. I hated my English teacher from 11th Grade and Rhetoric instructor from college.

Did you ever play this game?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1ZjpbFBX9wbTYVTrYnx1

Rethoric? Interesting.

About Child of Light, no, I haven't played the game, but I have roughly 15 tracks from the game. The epicness of the boss battles are just insane, specially the vocal versions, though my favourite track is probably "Leave your Castle". Guess I'll post it here, if you don't mind

15 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Do you ever intend on buying another console?

Nah, PC/Mobile is better investment. The only exception might be the PC/Mobile port-able version of the console controller since gripping stick in your hand does feel different also no button schematic mistranslated ferl thingy

13 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Oh, trust me. Where I live we get the best (or worst) of each season. It gets hot and humid in the Summer, and below zero Fahrenheit with snow.

What languages do you know how to speak?

I still think it's better :v

Bahasa Indonesia, Javanese (still split into 3 languages), Arabic, a bit of: Japanese, Mandarin (Chinese), Germany

11 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

What brought you to this forum many years ago?

IRL friends back in high school found the card maker back in 2007 fooling around during lunch at one of the school library's computers. Took me a while to resolve to make an actual account because it was the first time I had the chance to interact with strangers through an online site. I thought I'd just use the card maker at first but saw what looked like a lot of kid activity in the forums once I peeked and even some drawing their own cards or making holo effects for it. For a good while I told myself "I'll just talk about the subjects at hand, never about me" but by now I've losened up a bit more xD

Of course, drawing my own cards and playing with my own deck was the goal. Even though I joined the site in 2008, I had drawn cards before by folding index cards in half and writing and doodling on them. By now, I've more or less achieved the goal twice. First on 2013 with a purely drawn deck (as in, I hand made the whole card without any use of YCM and then scanned them and just presented the art in them while generating the rest of the card with the card maker.... xD (it was only a bit over 30 main deck cards though).
Then with my Abystella archetype back in like 2017, which was made with the card maker in mind so the art didn't have to be like 5cm x 5cm and could have better details and coloring. I also got to duel once with it at Duel Portal. Though I've never printed it and it was made for the DPR project (Duelist Port Royal) that was going on at the time rather than a full on personal project (if it was from me to me 100% I would not really use copies of cards but this was a more grounded approach).

I'm still in pursuit of that goal somewhat... to make a 100% (highlander) personal protagonist-like deck full of self-drawn cards whose art and card design I am happy with....

5 hours ago, Erika Mishima said:

I still think it's better :v

Bahasa Indonesia, Javanese (still split into 3 languages), Arabic, a bit of: Japanese, Mandarin (Chinese), Germany

Wow. I only know a grand total of two so far.

What colors can you see with your color blindness? 

I ask because I tried looking it up, and some showed some of the colors being visible but faded, and others straight up showed none of those colors that were faded.

20 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

IRL friends back in high school found the card maker back in 2007 fooling around during lunch at one of the school library's computers. Took me a while to resolve to make an actual account because it was the first time I had the chance to interact with strangers through an online site. I thought I'd just use the card maker at first but saw what looked like a lot of kid activity in the forums once I peeked and even some drawing their own cards or making holo effects for it. For a good while I told myself "I'll just talk about the subjects at hand, never about me" but by now I've losened up a bit more xD

Of course, drawing my own cards and playing with my own deck was the goal. Even though I joined the site in 2008, I had drawn cards before by folding index cards in half and writing and doodling on them. By now, I've more or less achieved the goal twice. First on 2013 with a purely drawn deck (as in, I hand made the whole card without any use of YCM and then scanned them and just presented the art in them while generating the rest of the card with the card maker.... xD (it was only a bit over 30 main deck cards though).
Then with my Abystella archetype back in like 2017, which was made with the card maker in mind so the art didn't have to be like 5cm x 5cm and could have better details and coloring. I also got to duel once with it at Duel Portal. Though I've never printed it and it was made for the DPR project (Duelist Port Royal) that was going on at the time rather than a full on personal project (if it was from me to me 100% I would not really use copies of cards but this was a more grounded approach).

I'm still in pursuit of that goal somewhat... to make a 100% (highlander) personal protagonist-like deck full of self-drawn cards whose art and card design I am happy with....

Nice! One of my friends from Middle School told me about the site and even helped me give it a try until I finally got my own account in 2014. When I first used the site, it was to make cool and silly custom cards. Only when I established this account did I think of sharing any on the forum.

And...yeah. While I don't disclose everything, that's more or less how I felt about talking about myself here.

Any video games you've played recently?

7 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Rethoric? Interesting.

About Child of Light, no, I haven't played the game, but I have roughly 15 tracks from the game. The epicness of the boss battles are just insane, specially the vocal versions, though my favourite track is probably "Leave your Castle". Guess I'll post it here, if you don't mind

Reveal hidden contents

It's a nice game. A platformer but also a turnbased RPG. It's very beautiful and moving.

Any games you've been playing recently?

5 hours ago, Dokutah Jolly said:

Nah, PC/Mobile is better investment. The only exception might be the PC/Mobile port-able version of the console controller since gripping stick in your hand does feel different also no button schematic mistranslated ferl thingy

Do you have Steam?

5 hours ago, TheComposer said:

I have once again remembered this site exists.

tenor.gif

Did you get a vaccine for coronavirus?

47 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Nice! One of my friends from Middle School told me about the site and even helped me give it a try until I finally got my own account in 2014. When I first used the site, it was to make cool and silly custom cards. Only when I established this account did I think of sharing any on the forum.

And...yeah. While I don't disclose everything, that's more or less how I felt about talking about myself here.

Any video games you've played recently?

None. Haven't played any in a while. I have a couple DS cartridges I can't seem to find where I left them at.... 

1 hour ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Wow. I only know a grand total of two so far.

What colors can you see with your color blindness? 

I ask because I tried looking it up, and some showed some of the colors being visible but faded, and others straight up showed none of those colors that were faded.

Red-Green blindness (deuteranomaly), to simplify, it's hard to distinguish green-ish color, sometimes i mixed it up with blue and red, although it's rare occasion, i can still see green, but it's gradation/hue, if leaned towards blue or red color palette, sometimes i mixed it up as blue or red instead of a green, even orange too sometimes.

Probably easier with example like the below spoiler:

You may already know, the image below is an example of Ishihara test, known for it's use as a color blind test, and image below "supposedly" show an image of number (1-9) with color differentiation to people with normal/healthy eyes, but for me, i didn't see a thing, just a random dots of green-ish and gray color, and see no number/numerical.

GuWusGl.jpg

2 hours ago, Erika Mishima said:

Red-Green blindness (deuteranomaly), to simplify, it's hard to distinguish green-ish color, sometimes i mixed it up with blue and red, although it's rare occasion, i can still see green, but it's gradation/hue, if leaned towards blue or red color palette, sometimes i mixed it up as blue or red instead of a green, even orange too sometimes.

Probably easier with example like the below spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

You may already know, the image below is an example of Ishihara test, known for it's use as a color blind test, and image below "supposedly" show an image of number (1-9) with color differentiation to people with normal/healthy eyes, but for me, i didn't see a thing, just a random dots of green-ish and gray color, and see no number/numerical.

GuWusGl.jpg

Ah. Thanks for clearing up. It's because some examples made it look like absolutely no green or red was visible, so I was getting mixed messages from examples. 

How did you first discover this forum?

3 hours ago, Sleepy said:

None. Haven't played any in a while. I have a couple DS cartridges I can't seem to find where I left them at.... 

I know back home I only played the same three games and rarely played something else as often (Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Overwatch, and Duel Links). While on vacation and out of boredom, I picked up and played a bunch.

Any game you plan on getting in the future?

Just now, The Nyx Avatar said:

Dammit Nyx, i just reading old archives here, bringing back some good old ycm memories, suddenly you ask this out of nowhere, talk about small coincidence 😅

Iirc, around Dueling Network era (2015), someone i know there told me about some site that can make a custom cards, called Yugioh Cardmaker, then decided to go there and see it myself.

Surprised of me back then, i can make my own custom cards on that site, create a random and silly cards and having fun for myself. After a few months of random card making, i noticed in the submenu called "Forum", then proceed lurking in the forum site, hoping to see how the forum goes etc for a day, afterwards i thought "wow, so much people talks about ygo, especially customs too", then i decided "okay tomorrow, i will try make an announcement and try to be an active member"

Then making an introduction myself the next day, i still remember fondly, greeted by Sakura, Gadjiltron, Nai, Hina, Neph, Yui, Lujan, Dae and Queen of the Abyss, thank you guys for the warm welcome back then~

Also still remember people be like: "Another Indonesian??" 🤣🤣

51 minutes ago, Erika Mishima said:

Dammit Nyx, i just reading old archives here, bringing back some good old ycm memories, suddenly you ask this out of nowhere, talk about small coincidence 😅

Iirc, around Dueling Network era (2015), someone i know there told me about some site that can make a custom cards, called Yugioh Cardmaker, then decided to go there and see it myself.

Surprised of me back then, i can make my own custom cards on that site, create a random and silly cards and having fun for myself. After a few months of random card making, i noticed in the submenu called "Forum", then proceed lurking in the forum site, hoping to see how the forum goes etc for a day, afterwards i thought "wow, so much people talks about ygo, especially customs too", then i decided "okay tomorrow, i will try make an announcement and try to be an active member"

Then making an introduction myself the next day, i still remember fondly, greeted by Sakura, Gadjiltron, Nai, Hina, Neph, Yui, Lujan, Dae and Queen of the Abyss, thank you guys for the warm welcome back then~

Also still remember people be like: "Another Indonesian??" 🤣🤣

Guess Indonesia likes Yugioh

What is your favorite Extra Deck monster?

8 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

tenor.gif

Did you get a vaccine for coronavirus?

Moderna. I did wait a bit before getting it but that's because I'm still working for home so I had the chance to avoid the rush while also making sure there weren't any immediate reasons to not take them.

46 minutes ago, TheComposer said:

Moderna. I did wait a bit before getting it but that's because I'm still working for home so I had the chance to avoid the rush while also making sure there weren't any immediate reasons to not take them.

Understood. I waited a while, too. I really just took it so that I could travel.

How are restrictions/regulations in your area right now?

12 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Guess Indonesia likes Yugioh

What is your favorite Extra Deck monster?

Back then, there is always a YGO community during car free day in the morning (Sunday), as of now, i never see them again. Not sure if in my country YGO is still a thing again, especially there is no show/anime on going on local channels.

This is hard, but i narrow down to 2

ElShaddollConstruct-SDSH-EN-UR-1E.pngFirstoftheDragons-LDK2-EN-C-1E.png

Construct because, everyone loves it right? lol, first time i'm on Dueling Network, Shaddoll is the first archetype i am taking a liking into, First of the Dragons because, how awesome it looks, the effect is simple yet, strong.

9 hours ago, Erika Mishima said:

Back then, there is always a YGO community during car free day in the morning (Sunday), as of now, i never see them again. Not sure if in my country YGO is still a thing again, especially there is no show/anime on going on local channels.

This is hard, but i narrow down to 2

Reveal hidden contents

ElShaddollConstruct-SDSH-EN-UR-1E.pngFirstoftheDragons-LDK2-EN-C-1E.png

Construct because, everyone loves it right? lol, first time i'm on Dueling Network, Shaddoll is the first archetype i am taking a liking into, First of the Dragons because, how awesome it looks, the effect is simple yet, strong.

It's understandable. While retailers and TV don't support this, at least the Internet has means to purchase cards or play the game online. Great for fans in places that don't support this franchise as much as it could like Russia for example.

How would you describe your current home? Rural? Urban? Suburb? Village?

11 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

How would you describe your current home? Rural? Urban? Suburb? Village?

Well, it's in the middle of the city, so it's urban for sure, but also feels like a village, since it's also in the middle of a rice field and mountain slope. 

20 hours ago, TheComposer said:

I believe there's very few considering the state, but I also don't go out enough to be certain.

Have you gotten any new games as of recently?

11 hours ago, Erika Mishima said:

Well, it's in the middle of the city, so it's urban for sure, but also feels like a village, since it's also in the middle of a rice field and mountain slope. 

That's fine. I've been to a small city not too far from farmland myself.

What would be your ideal environment to live in the future?

7 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

What would be your ideal environment to live in the future?

I want somewhere, like, fresh air in the middle of the forest, not too separated with neighbors, like a small village in a forest, and close to a river while also avoiding the noisy city crowds, what a heaven.

On 7/10/2021 at 8:44 AM, The Nyx Avatar said:

Ah. Thanks for clearing up. It's because some examples made it look like absolutely no green or red was visible, so I was getting mixed messages from examples. 

I know back home I only played the same three games and rarely played something else as often (Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Overwatch, and Duel Links). While on vacation and out of boredom, I picked up and played a bunch.

Any game you plan on getting in the future?

I got nothing in mind. I've got a number of unfinished games and what I'd normally buy are newer installments of them mostly, but if I can't bring myself to play the ones I already own well....

Shantae 1/2 Genie 1/2 Hero

Pokemon W1, W2, OR, Moon.

Splatoon 2

Smash Ultimate (yes this and the above have somewhat of a story mode to complete)

One of the Professor Layton games I can't remember the exact name

Ever Oasis (probably the least known game in this list, yet the one I've been looking for in my room's drawers the most)

Breath of the Wild

Hollow Knight

A Hat in Time

. . . And I probably have a few more I missed. I already mentioned the thing I had with Animal Crossing where I went several times to try to get New Horizons physical and it stayed out of stock until my surprise quarantine vacations expired and a few more months. I did not pre order because I didn't think I'd be able to commit to it at all, then when I could it wasnt available, and when it was finally, I had lost my time and even my interest.

4 hours ago, Erika Mishima said:

I want somewhere, like, fresh air in the middle of the forest, not too separated with neighbors, like a small village in a forest, and close to a river while also avoiding the noisy city crowds, what a heaven.

Too much noise in your current area?

18 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

I got nothing in mind. I've got a number of unfinished games and what I'd normally buy are newer installments of them mostly, but if I can't bring myself to play the ones I already own well....

Shantae 1/2 Genie 1/2 Hero

Pokemon W1, W2, OR, Moon.

Splatoon 2

Smash Ultimate (yes this and the above have somewhat of a story mode to complete)

One of the Professor Layton games I can't remember the exact name

Ever Oasis (probably the least known game in this list, yet the one I've been looking for in my room's drawers the most)

Breath of the Wild

Hollow Knight

A Hat in Time

. . . And I probably have a few more I missed. I already mentioned the thing I had with Animal Crossing where I went several times to try to get New Horizons physical and it stayed out of stock until my surprise quarantine vacations expired and a few more months. I did not pre order because I didn't think I'd be able to commit to it at all, then when I could it wasnt available, and when it was finally, I had lost my time and even my interest.

What is your favorite dish?

Archived