Post and I'll ask you a question

The Nyx Avatar

nyx, do you have a favorite amusement park ride you rode, and a favorite you missed out on? 

(for the record, my current fav i've done is Lightning Rod [Dollywood] but i'll be going to Cedar Point so Steel Vengeance might top it. the one i missed out on is X2 [Six Flags Magic Mountain] and i want to go back before it expires and gets torn down)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, TheComposer said:

Meltryllis (summer variant in pictures). Probably second favorite behind Kiyohome, but summer variant is releasing this year (NA server is behind JP so we know who's coming). Plus I just love the penguin coat.

What is your favorite manga?

6 hours ago, Erika Mishima said:

chocolate obv, other than that spicy food, anything, i'm not that picky eater, but choco always goes first

Have you had Devil's Food cake?

5 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Hmmm I've been thinking. There's a good number of ones I like but I'd have to go for Lugia

I prefer Lugia over the fire chicken that is Ho-Oh.

Do you like Pringles?

3 hours ago, cr47t said:

nyx, do you have a favorite amusement park ride you rode, and a favorite you missed out on? 

(for the record, my current fav i've done is Lightning Rod [Dollywood] but i'll be going to Cedar Point so Steel Vengeance might top it. the one i missed out on is X2 [Six Flags Magic Mountain] and i want to go back before it expires and gets torn down)

I like those that spin. Only example I can give that you might recognize is Fiddler's Fling. Yeah...the most adrenaline I seek outdoors is driving faster in my car.

Do you have a favorite junk food?

48 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

I like those that spin. Only example I can give that you might recognize is Fiddler's Fling. Yeah...the most adrenaline I seek outdoors is driving faster in my car.

Do you have a favorite junk food?

probably five guys burgers, or this chicken sandwich i'd get at jake n joes or (preferably) at a certain local bar in my area. also assuming chipotle doesn't count.

assuming your home park is six flags great america (which came up looking up fiddler's fling), i'd advise try the Whizzer to start, its not as tame as little dipper but a lot of people love it regardless of ride tastes. i hear the best rides there (i've never been so i'm going off other people and videos) are Raging Bull in the very back row, Goliath (which is very short along with) Maxx Force, and X-Flight looks fun too.

12 hours ago, cr47t said:

probably five guys burgers, or this chicken sandwich i'd get at jake n joes or (preferably) at a certain local bar in my area. also assuming chipotle doesn't count.

assuming your home park is six flags great america (which came up looking up fiddler's fling), i'd advise try the Whizzer to start, its not as tame as little dipper but a lot of people love it regardless of ride tastes. i hear the best rides there (i've never been so i'm going off other people and videos) are Raging Bull in the very back row, Goliath (which is very short along with) Maxx Force, and X-Flight looks fun too.

I think you misread what I said. I don't usually seek adrenaline. I'd only ride something like Raging Bull just to say I did it.

What do you usually like to eat for snacks?

6 hours ago, TheComposer said:

I have and will continue to read all of One Piece. For something so long running, its quality has been remarkably consistent.

How about favorite anime?

On 7/18/2021 at 2:01 PM, The Nyx Avatar said:

Do you like Pringles?

I don't particularly dislike them but they seem thinner than most other chips, so thin that they kinda melt in the mouth and fill you up as much as cotton candy. So not super excited about them either.

13 hours ago, Horu said:

Rock and roll

Do you like that genre of music?

6 hours ago, TheComposer said:

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Not exactly the most original but nothing has topped it for me. Steins;Gate tried though.

I watched every episode of that second anime on YouTube. But couldn't find Episode 25. So I went on an alternate website to watch it. Not worth it. So not fucking worth it.

If you were to have a superpower, which would you choose?

5 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

I don't particularly dislike them but they seem thinner than most other chips, so thin that they kinda melt in the mouth and fill you up as much as cotton candy. So not super excited about them either.

What about Lays Stax?

They've got more strength to them.

On 7/19/2021 at 4:01 AM, The Nyx Avatar said:

Have you had Devil's Food cake?

Never heard of it, a quick search on google it looks like a chocolate cake? but instead of melting chocolate, it use cocoa powder/coffee? Sounds tasty

6 hours ago, Horu said:

I do. Generally grew up with heavy metal and classic rock.

What are some of your favorite artists?

5 hours ago, Erika Mishima said:

Never heard of it, a quick search on google it looks like a chocolate cake? but instead of melting chocolate, it use cocoa powder/coffee? Sounds tasty

What's your favorite candy bar?

4 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

What are some of your favorite artists?

Guns N Roses, Def Leppard, Led Zepplin, Aerosmith, AC/DC, etc.

Another thing I learned is Avenged Sevenfold used the instrumental from AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" for "Hail to the King".

10 hours ago, Horu said:

Guns N Roses, Def Leppard, Led Zepplin, Aerosmith, AC/DC, etc.

Another thing I learned is Avenged Sevenfold used the instrumental from AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" for "Hail to the King".

Ever listened to Judas Priest or Black Sabbath?

8 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Can't say I have experience with those.

I'm sure they can be found. Sure, Pringles has WAY more flavors. But Lays Stax aren't as thin, and they have more flavor on each crisp than any of Pringle's.

What is your favorite shiny Pokemon?

14 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Ever listened to Judas Priest or Black Sabbath?

I'm sure they can be found. Sure, Pringles has WAY more flavors. But Lays Stax aren't as thin, and they have more flavor on each crisp than any of Pringle's.

What is your favorite shiny Pokemon?

I don't have one. My favorite pokemon is Furret but its shade of pink for the shiny kinda makes it hard to notice it is one. I went on a google search to see if something else caught my eye. I guess gold magicarp is fun and pink ampharos is about the best shiny from my team.

13 hours ago, Horu said:

When I'm alone and it hits my playlist.

Do you have any OCs?

3 hours ago, Sleepy said:

I don't have one. My favorite pokemon is Furret but its shade of pink for the shiny kinda makes it hard to notice it is one. I went on a google search to see if something else caught my eye. I guess gold magicarp is fun and pink ampharos is about the best shiny from my team.

I know what you mean. I love Jirachi. But I'm gonna be honest, I hate how it looks shiny. The red hues clash so bad with it. Giratina and Gardevoir though? I love the use of blue and cyan.

Who would you say is your main OC?

5 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Do you have any OCs?

I know what you mean. I love Jirachi. But I'm gonna be honest, I hate how it looks shiny. The red hues clash so bad with it. Giratina and Gardevoir though? I love the use of blue and cyan.

Who would you say is your main OC?

The main character in my personal main comic project is the witch girl Sonnet (purple hair and freckles). If you can't recall her let me know so I post an image as soon as I have access to my computer. 

However, for some reason the most popular OC of mine from what I've seen is the rainboots girl Patsy (my current avatar) so to others she might be the main OC of mine or at least the most distinctive/special xD

--- then there's Danika (non-beady eyes redhead) but she was made for a yugioh fic (that would be about my tcg project instead if I were to go for it), Zoophie (giraffe avatar, she's just a brand avatar of mine xD) and Karina (my first human OC, based/inspired somewhat by a friend that does not exist IRL but used to pop up in my dreams to hang out a lot when I was a kid... one of those dream scenarios where everything seems to make sense and be known until you wake up and realize it wasn't. She'd be my pick but she almost doesn't really count as an OC. I've posted drawings of her if you are curious... She's brown haired with pink eyes and a school uniform and oddly enough the clothes are more of a creative liberty of mine than the eye color xD)

Every other OC I have is part of some of the above.

1 hour ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Do you have any OCs?

I have quite a few. Though, some aren't really part of the same universe. Not even part of the same multiverse. My story project that doesn't really deal with the use a primary MC is pretty much nothing but OCs. In my other Story, it introduces Horu at a rather young age and pretty much follows him. Also, translating Horu into my YGO fanfic - though he doesn't show up until fairly late in the story.

5 hours ago, Sleepy said:

The main character in my personal main comic project is the witch girl Sonnet (purple hair and freckles). If you can't recall her let me know so I post an image as soon as I have access to my computer. 

However, for some reason the most popular OC of mine from what I've seen is the rainboots girl Patsy (my current avatar) so to others she might be the main OC of mine or at least the most distinctive/special xD

--- then there's Danika (non-beady eyes redhead) but she was made for a yugioh fic (that would be about my tcg project instead if I were to go for it), Zoophie (giraffe avatar, she's just a brand avatar of mine xD) and Karina (my first human OC, based/inspired somewhat by a friend that does not exist IRL but used to pop up in my dreams to hang out a lot when I was a kid... one of those dream scenarios where everything seems to make sense and be known until you wake up and realize it wasn't. She'd be my pick but she almost doesn't really count as an OC. I've posted drawings of her if you are curious... She's brown haired with pink eyes and a school uniform and oddly enough the clothes are more of a creative liberty of mine than the eye color xD)

Every other OC I have is part of some of the above.

How would you describe Patsy?

3 hours ago, Horu said:

I have quite a few. Though, some aren't really part of the same universe. Not even part of the same multiverse. My story project that doesn't really deal with the use a primary MC is pretty much nothing but OCs. In my other Story, it introduces Horu at a rather young age and pretty much follows him. Also, translating Horu into my YGO fanfic - though he doesn't show up until fairly late in the story.

Can you give a few examples?

2 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

How would you describe Patsy?

Can you give a few examples?

Patsy is a happy-go-lucky girl overall. She lives alone with her 2 scarecrow parents in a house that dubs as the town's bakery (in my story's town it is common to see scarecrows around town that nobody ever seems to notice moving but are always going about doing something, and are usually hosts of the essence of somebody that used to live there but has long since passed away). She's actually pretty nimble and elusive, which helps her with her hobbies of getting into the woods on her own to harvest some unique local plants that she finds and experiments with.

She's got a thing going where no day of her life passes without some rain around her (to varying amounts seemingly dependent on her mood, and inherited from generations back in her family). These traits of her make her seem suspicious and eerie at times when the townspeople barely know of her and see her in misty mornings and whatnot. So she does not really have friends early on. Once she does, she is quick to butt in and help the MCs antics often. 

Thanks to his background, her dad has her do some boxing in hopes it helps her be more protected since scarecrows can't really interact with living people in real time, so she is essentially a kid on her own completely out there.

She's overall too bubbly for the setting she's in, although a little more useful and capable than it might look like at first.
She's more adept at getting away from trouble than most characters in town, but sometimes to a detriment and wants to learn to stand her ground at least sometimes over the course of things....

Just now, Sleepy said:

Patsy is a happy-go-lucky girl overall. She lives alone with her 2 scarecrow parents in a house that dubs as the town's bakery (in my story's town it is common to see scarecrows around town that nobody ever seems to notice moving but are always going about doing something, and are usually hosts of the essence of somebody that used to live there but has long since passed away). She's actually pretty nimble and elusive, which helps her with her hobbies of getting into the woods on her own to harvest some unique local plants that she finds and experiments with.

She's got a thing going where no day of her life passes without some rain around her (to varying amounts seemingly dependent on her mood, and inherited from generations back in her family). These traits of her make her seem suspicious and eerie at times when the townspeople barely know of her and see her in misty mornings and whatnot. So she does not really have friends early on. Once she does, she is quick to butt in and help the MCs antics often. 

Thanks to his background, her dad has her do some boxing in hopes it helps her be more protected since scarecrows can't really interact with living people in real time, so she is essentially a kid on her own completely out there.

She's overall too bubbly for the setting she's in, although a little more useful and capable than it might look like at first.
She's more adept at getting away from trouble than most characters in town, but sometimes to a detriment and wants to learn to stand her ground at least sometimes over the course of things....

I know you normally draw characters with beady eyes. But...what would you say is her eye color?

4 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

I know you normally draw characters with beady eyes. But...what would you say is her eye color?

Hmm I think an emerald green would look good in her considering her hair.
Though little trivia of my project: All my characters in that universe have what IRL would deem natural hair colors.
The ones that don't are due to something else. Purple hair is the equivalent to "the devil's kiss" sort of speak that marks those that have dwellved into having to do with black magic, and blue hair is a mark of affiliation with the Grim Reaper's power (the equivalent to those at least, you know I use 4-legged animals and not the usual deities for those xD ). They would have not had that hair color originally.

4 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Hmm I think an emerald green would look good in her considering her hair.
Though little trivia of my project: All my characters in that universe have what IRL would deem natural hair colors.
The ones that don't are due to something else. Purple hair is the equivalent to "the devil's kiss" sort of speak that marks those that have dwellved into having to do with black magic, and blue hair is a mark of affiliation with the Grim Reaper's power (the equivalent to those at least, you know I use 4-legged animals and not the usual deities for those xD ). They would have not had that hair color originally.

Can you share a drawing of Patsy?

Archived