Fire Emblem Heroes

Astro Dude

Ok, I'm saying this as someone who got into the series with Awakening, loved the game, and will defend it to hell and back, but seriously I wish the Top 20 wasn't so heavily tilted towards Fates and Awakening. I mean I love some of the characters from those two that made it in, but still I wish characters from older games could've gotten in. Ah, well. Speaking of newer characters though, I wonder if we'll get those Cipher exclusive characters in this?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I'm saying this as someone who got into the series with Awakening, loved the game, and will defend it to hell and back, but seriously I wish the Top 20 wasn't so heavily tilted towards Fates and Awakening. I mean I love some of the characters from those two that made it in, but still I wish characters from older games could've gotten in. Ah, well. Speaking of newer characters though, I wonder if we'll get those Cipher exclusive characters in this?

It's disappointing, but it's not all that surprising considering like us, most of the current fanbase probably got in with Awakening and Fates and therefore don't know a lot of the older characters.

To be honest, I'm actually a little surprised that the top 20 isn't entirely Smash and the latest two games. Not to say they aren't what's dominating for the most part but you have characters like Hector and Lyn in the top 3's to make up for it.

Since Awakening was almost going to be the last game of the series, it really revitalized the entire series. I imagine Intelligent Systems is grateful for that, although the fan polls reflect how many people had started with Awakening. Warriors will probably continue to try and ride the coattails of Awakening, and then there was Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Here's hoping that Shadows of Valentia might mix things up a bit.

I'm really glad to see Ike take not only the 1st spot but the 5th spot, only guy to be in the top 10 twice. Imagine how many total votes he must've funking gotten for that to happen.

Also, in the character trailer uploaded the other day, they really missed an opportunity by not having Frederick's line be "Pick a god and pray!"

EDIT: I was wondering how someone like Dorcas made it up so high and then I remembered this commercial.

I guess the fans put votes in his mutton, too.

Right so I was informed about the rankings and I have a few things to say. So dropping in for a moment.

-At least it's PoR Ike at number 1 instead of RD

-Freaking Roy for number 2 though?

-Ephraim is at a solid 7. Damn good given how his game is often brushed over these days it feels

-Male Robin is preferred as is female Corrin and that fascinates me

-Way to go Dorcas lmao

-Top 10 for females is pretty sheet not gonna lie. Barring a couple.

-11-20 for females is where it's at though.

-I had hopes Anna might've broken into top 10 but that's not bad.

-I was entirely not expecting Lute to be that high but I am SO VERY HAPPY ABOUT THAT

And they got the original  VA's for Awakening and fates to reprise their roles, and got new actors for characters that didn't have them, like Nino for example. TAKE THAT Tales of Link. But you kinda wonder, when you start do you get a basic set of heroes, including one Lord character?

Also, in the character trailer uploaded the other day, they really missed an opportunity by not having Frederick's line be "Pick a god and pray!"

THIS IS SOME BULLSHIT

-Freaking Roy for number 2 though?

[spoiler=Day 3: YEAH FUK U]

WTbOlZC.png

2nd Character Trailer is out already too.

yuri lowenthal as Eliwood

I prefer RD Ike's appearance to PoR Ike's, he's still the same guy even if RD's writing left a lot to be desired.

I mean, look at that tall drink of water.

[sWOLEIKE.jpg]

The writing actually kinda took his character skeleton and just ran with that, filling it in with the bait for the Soren/Ranulf endings and le plot importance.

Nevermind the AMOUNT he changed in 2-3 years is beyond absurd, considering he only went from 16~ to 19~.

I don't like SWOLE Ike because he feels like a different character, not the same guy.

also por ike is almost cute and rd ike is ick but shhh

The writing actually kinda took his character skeleton and just ran with that, filling it in with the bait for the Soren/Ranulf endings and le plot importance.

Nevermind the AMOUNT he changed in 2-3 years is beyond absurd, considering he only went from 16~ to 19~.

I don't like SWOLE Ike because he feels like a different character, not the same guy.

also por ike is almost cute and rd ike is ick but shhh

tfw we share the same opinion on this matter.

I felt that RD Ike was just...my main issue was that he was "The Hero" because he was "The Hero". PoR Ike was a kid struggling to make it and managed to win the day despite his flaws, with help from his friends. RD Ike just sort of wins the day because "Guys it's IKE okay? He's like, our greatest hero and stuff".

Buuut I guess that's a bit off topic sorry.

That's why I complained about RD's writing. I still consider him more or less the same guy, even if RD's characterization of him was way worse than PoR's (among other of RD's problems) and didn't do the best job of showing it. Leaving only appearance as the deciding factor, which is why I went for the hunk version.

THIS IS SOME BULLSHIT

2nd Character Trailer is out already too.

yuri lowenthal as Eliwood

Cindy Robinson Strikes again.

All the Hoshido siblings are together at least.

Ursula, meet Agria from Tales of Xillia. She's a hero, somehow, like you. It's a shame we couldn't recruit her in Fire Emblem Blazing Sword.

I want at least 1 Hero class in the top list; Ike doesn't count because of his different appearance to a regular Hero. I voted for Raven in a previous day, but then I realized that he would be given his Mercenary attire.

I was surprised to see Dorcas in the top 20. I guess his popularity stems from Fire Emblem: Blazing Blade being the first FE title introduced to the west, and one of the first characters you recruit there.

My Battle Ballot so far:

1. Path of Radiance Jill
  2. Tharja
  3. Ursula
  4. Radiant Dawn Jill
  5. Amelia
  6. Severa
  7. Lyn
  8. Sakura
  9. Path of Radiance Ike
  10. Elise
  11. Beruka
  12. Caeda

As for Sakura, with Paragon she can either be upgraded to an Onmyoji or a Priestess, so I went for the Priestess cause of the stat boosts and the ability to use bows, what I did not know is, like Lissa, when Sakura promotes to Priestess, she is wearing Queen Mikoto's dress. Nice touch.

Update: for my final hero in honor of Fire Emblem Echoes Shadows of Valentia, I have chosen Celica.

Archived