Fire Emblem Heroes

Astro Dude

Man, I really wish Feathers are actually farmable. I'd be fine with the current pricing for the rank-up from 4 to 5 if I can get 1000 each day or something. Relying on arena to get 1000s per 3 days was quite a pain in the ass.

THIS is my only problem with the game right now. We can get 1000 or so at the end of every season from the duel thing but that'd take weeks, maybe even months to upgrade even a single character from 4 to 5 stars. The fact that you only get like 5-10 a day otherwise is a funking joke.

However, I understand their reasoning considering it's a mobile game and they want you to spend the money on orbs to get better heroes– of whom you CAN break down to get more feathers. It's just frustrating for a game that has otherwise had a great feedback loop for progression that has almost convinced me to buy orbs even without this other bullshit. Now I'm not sure I want to spend a dime on it :\

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I feel like you don't get enough value for orbs, as-is, which is what's holding me back from purchasing any.

2 Dollars for less than a single hero is absurd, and /$75/ for 140 orbs is just... no. At their most expensive, they're $0.66/0.67 a piece, but at their least, they're still more than 50 cents a pop. 54 funking cents. Thus, at their cheapest, a single hero barring chaining is $2.70. That's funking dumb.

I understand these orbs are all purpose, but making a shop where you use orbs to buy stamina potions/dueling swords/etc., where they cost different things, makes more sense than making them all purpose and making them funking expensive,

So if you use the Send Home option on heroes you can get feathers. 5 for 1*, 10 for 2*, 150 for 3*, 300 for 4*, and 1000 for 5*.

I thought I mentioned this but it's still not great when breaking a 5* gives you 1/20 of what you need to make another 4* into a five star

6TnPLpB.png

Got me BATRE THE TANK KILLER

His entire set is made to screw armored knights over while still being bulky.

I never played Fates, so I'm still not super familiar with all the characters. They're all pretty cool but I got a recent pull that caught my attention.

VU5aEO8.png?1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPX-mW4l1rU

She's also got a comb over to hide her huge forehead.

So what's everyone's roster looking like so far? This is mine:

oqs9MWs.png?1

I've beaten the main story on Normal, though chapter 8 on Hard, and through chapter 3 on Lunatic. I've run straight through all the 15 or so Stamina Potions we've been able to get so far, and I already spent all the My Nintendo Points on Dueling Crests. Guess it's time for a break.

So there's an event starting tomorrow, they're adding new Special Maps. You get 3 orbs for beating them on each difficulty, and there will be a new map for the next 5 weeks so you can get a total of 30 orbs: https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/828141110451134470

EDIT: I wasn't sure what to expect since I was just picking 4* to balance out my team, but Catria and Lilina are awesome. Catria gets +6 defence when she attacks and then leaves the enemy with -7 attack for their turn so she can pick fights and counterattack really safely, and she has Luna with a Killer Lance. Meanwhile Lilina's damage output is actually just funking insane. Beruka is a bit underwhelming, unfortunately, her speed is quite lacking. Hopefully I can get Hector soon enough for an awesome axe user.

I played a bit normally. Then I got annoyed of having no 5-stars so I restarted and re-reolled.

I got two 5 Star Young!Tikis and a 5 Star Sheena.

My team so far is 2x Tiki, Clarine, and Olivia.

I thought the Tiki twins would be highlight of the team, but surprisingly Clarine (Troubadour) and Olivia (dancer) really pull through. Clarine swoops in to do a ranged attack, Olivia dances, Clarine gets the heck out of dodge and the opponent can't reach us.

Alternatively, Clarine heals someone for +7 on them and +7 on herself, then Olivia gives her another turn, and she can heal for +17 on someone and +7 on herself. It's pretty great.

Obvious complaint though, needs more orbs and feather. I know it's F2P but it sucks they have so many varied characters and we can barely scratch the surface of getting them or getting them to an appropriate level. I doubt I'd have stayed with Clarine though so maybe it's fine? I dunno.

I'm actually pretty surprised at the pull rates in this game. 36% for 4*, 3% for a 5*, and since the 5* and 5* Focus actually stack, you have a 6% chance for getting a 5* Focus hero.

Also, I realized that the Arena score only counts the highest score in a single run, not the higest score cumulatively during the season. Oops, I have a lot of extra Dueling Crests now. If only I'd used My Nintendo points on Stamina Pots instead, because stamina costs for Hard/Lunatic are brutal.

I also need to remember to save any future Stamina Potions I get. There's bound to be special events where I'll want to do a lot of grinding, I'll need those. This has been a pretty good learning experience for any gacha games I might play in the future, though.

EDIT: Following a suggestion I saw and I'm gonna try and see if I can use Google Opinion Rewards. Just one of those things where you do small surveys and build up Google Play credit. Could be useful.

[spoiler=So what are everyone's teams looking like right now? I just got done with a pretty strong Arena run with this gang (almost got to 3001, only reached 2957).]

kxflyD1.png?1 nFBDqbj.png?1 n5uJEgs.png?1 uWT0sU7.png?1

I feel like I went from the person least excited about this game to being the most excited out of everyone here. I've been looking at tier lists, following all the data people have collected about stat growths/max stats/etc., learning about the Arena meta, tons of stuff. Maybe I'm just really excited because it's my first gacha game. And all it took was me realizing I could emulate it, because the main reason I wasn't interested before was because I figured I wouldn't be able to play it.

I'm actually pretty surprised at the pull rates in this game. 36% for 4*, 3% for a 5*, and since the 5* and 5* Focus actually stack, you have a 6% chance for getting a 5* Focus hero.

Also, I realized that the Arena score only counts the highest score in a single run, not the higest score cumulatively during the season. Oops, I have a lot of extra Dueling Crests now. If only I'd used My Nintendo points on Stamina Pots instead, because stamina costs for Hard/Lunatic are brutal.

I also need to remember to save any future Stamina Potions I get. There's bound to be special events where I'll want to do a lot of grinding, I'll need those. This has been a pretty good learning experience for any gacha games I might play in the future, though.

EDIT: Following a suggestion I saw and I'm gonna try and see if I can use Google Opinion Rewards. Just one of those things where you do small surveys and build up Google Play credit. Could be useful.

[spoiler=So what are everyone's teams looking like right now? I just got done with a pretty strong Arena run with this gang (almost got to 3001, only reached 2957).]

kxflyD1.png?1 nFBDqbj.png?1 n5uJEgs.png?1 uWT0sU7.png?1

I feel like I went from the person least excited about this game to being the most excited out of everyone here. I've been looking at tier lists, following all the data people have collected about stat growths/max stats/etc., learning about the Arena meta, tons of stuff. Maybe I'm just really excited because it's my first gacha game. And all it took was me realizing I could emulate it, because the main reason I wasn't interested before was because I figured I wouldn't be able to play it.

Unfortunately, I don't have a credit card, and my next payday is Thursday. So I can't afford orbs until then, at least not 20 of them. I'd rather get a 1 star Lucina and work my way up.

I believe you can only roll 5* Lucinas right now. Not sure why you bring that up, though, I haven't spent any money on the game.

EDIT: Sharena's pretty good waifu material, I really like her design. It helps that she's also the only one of the Order of Heroes trio who's actually remotely good.

Also, Nintendo has outlined plans that they want to get more content out every two weeks (and assuming 1 new story chapter each time that has 3 difficulties, that's 15 orbs every 14 days which is pretty good). Hopefully Tellius stuff comes sooner rather than later!

From what I understand that's where the teams of 4 level 40 Takumis reside or something. Ok maybe that's an exaggeration (well I saw one person post such a thing in the subreddit once) but I'm gonna hold off until all my guys are level 40, at least.

You can most likely get 3001+ doing only Intermediate if you do well enough, you do get less score the more units die so watch out for that.

Archived