Public Relations Moderator to be Announced

Dad

Since I'm out of the running for not being power-hungry enough, I'll co-sign Yui and Hina. 

I'll be honest, it's not actually on you.

We want there to be transparency, but there's no way we could have a position like a PR Member, because it would make it difficult to be less than 100% transparent (if you could see the mod forum and/or comment in it) or it'd be a glorified title if you were simply liaison.

I kept trying to justify the idea to myself, because I like it/admitting that there has to be some unspoken stuff in the mod forum isn't something I want to have to do, but yeah...

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't actually thinks anyone is left who despises me. If there is, they can take it up with me.

If you are open to it, I would like to have a private discussion with you or Dad so as to dispel whatever concerns you may have about me, because I honestly believe a lot of how you (and other mods) see me is based on false perceptions.

I don't actually thinks anyone is left who despises me. If there is, they can take it up with me.

If you are open to it, I would like to have a private discussion with you or Dad so as to dispel whatever concerns you may have about me, because I honestly believe a lot of how you (and other mods) see me is based on false perceptions.

I never said who had misgivings about you.

I've gotten an iffy report along with a good report from the team. I'm not opposed, but I'm not yet swayed. I will say I'm not exactly opposed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ussCHoQttyQ

Futurama clips <3

If someone on the team has issues with me, i'd be more than happy to take the time to dispel whatever concerns they have. I'm an honest duck and I can be professional when the situation calls for it.

Personally against CowCow being the PR mod. Cowcow as PR mod would be effectively putting a leftie version me in that role. His old reporting habits and behavior in debates does not give me confidence in him for this role.

Stand by Birdie and Hina. Balanced and kind veterans both. Have trust and respect of both userbase and mod team

I have asked multiple mods about my reporting habits and have been told it is not a problem. Had it been a problem I wouldn't have done it. Also my behavior in debates is because, as a member, I felt my only job was to give my opinions and not be too big of an jabroni. As a mod I would obviously have to have higher standards of myself. I'd need to get some RPers to confirm but I do pretty well in a position of "power" as it were.

If we go off previous behavior in regards to debates and controversy honestly none of the candidates (and many current mods) have a clean record. Parenthesis probably has the best in that regard imo.

Just figured I'd mention something because I was...well, mentioned.

Oh and I noticed it mentioned but just wanting to say that I don't think there's active people around who are really against Parenthesis so much that it'd affect his modship. Like, even the people he argues with often say they don't dislike him.

And dang it Winter how much more do I have to do to show I'm calling out both sides? :P I literally called for considering Roxas being demodded twice. XD

Are you impartial?

Also, would you be active? You'd have the lowest post-count of any moderator at promotion since Tyrantking10, IIRC. He had an irrelevant and short-lived term.

Of course I would be. I've been making a point of it lately to be more active on-site, and having responsibilities would probably incentivize me to stay more active.

Also I suppose its worth noting that i've been a member for.... 8 years now? I've been much more active in the most recent 3 than the 5 before, but i've been present here in some capacity longer than most of the userbase.

As far as my impartiality, that's not a problem at all. I host roleplays all the time, which requires an as much of an even hand as this job does, i'd wager.

After some talking off YCM, I want to put in another nomination for Giga Parenthesis. We talked a bit and I honestly do see him doing the job better than me (unless I have some secret latent god-tier modship powers that is), but at the same time, I've committed too hard to this to really say "I don't want to be considered anymore". Keep me in mind by all means, but if it comes down to "We can have either Yui or Parenthesis", give him the job (unless it ends up being both of us as duo mods could you imagine lol). It's more his kind of work than mine, he definitely wants it at least a little more than me, and I'm sure y'all will need more mods in the future I can try to become. If Aix or Nai steps down I can even vote it out against Zai to become a new RP mod =w=

I'm leery of Parenthesis becoming a PR Mod because of his campaign to get Sakura lynched with tacit support from people within the mod team leaking information, frankly.

Multiple years ago, since when which I have established a wonderful working relationship with him as he improved his ability accordingly. He is one of my go-to mods for getting things done, and I bear no ill will toward him (and I can only hope his feelings are mutual).

And I can't help but mention that I was far from the sole leader of said movement. I just made the thread.

I'm leery of Parenthesis becoming a PR Mod because of his campaign to get Sakura lynched with support from people within the mod team leaking information, frankly. 

Now Yui, you haven't done anything like that as far as I'm aware. 

Yeah, about that...

And I can't help but mention that I was far from the sole leader of said movement. I just made the thread.

I was kinda there also leading the charge from the backlines if that makes any sense, though I didn't want the guy's entire modhood removed so much as his position running the YMB. I think I may have even been the one to suggest he make the thread in the first place, though I could also be remembering slightly wrong. I definitely approved of the idea if I didn't suggest it.

Yeah, about that...

I was kinda there also leading the charge from the backlines if that makes any sense, though I didn't want the guy's entire modhood removed so much as his position running the YMB. I think I may have even been the one to suggest he make the thread in the first place, though I could also be remembering slightly wrong. I definitely approved of the idea if I didn't suggest it.

The irony

I reckoned as much. Then you were the fall guy for conspirators within the mod team who are still there. If you can name, denounce, and post PM's from your conversations with them with regards to Sakura, you will certainly have my endorsement.

This is old stuff, that ultimately I don't think anyone is sour about. It all happened in Skype chats, and it was long ago enough that I don't have anything to copy.

The who thing came from the old old rp chat. The information was gained mostly just by mods mentioning stuff in threads, rather than leaks. Nai was involved, but not as an instigator.

I also had spoken to koko about it before it happened, and the ultimate goal was to get her promoted (which happened). For the record, it was not her idea.

I am, in a sense, the fall guy, but was so willingly. There really wasn't as much of a conspiracy as it has been made out to be.

I have asked multiple mods about my reporting habits and have been told it is not a problem. Had it been a problem I wouldn't have done it. Also my behavior in debates is because, as a member, I felt my only job was to give my opinions and not be too big of an jabroni. As a mod I would obviously have to have higher standards of myself. I'd need to get some RPers to confirm but I do pretty well in a position of "power" as it were.

If we go off previous behavior in regards to debates and controversy honestly none of the candidates (and many current mods) have a clean record. Parenthesis probably has the best in that regard imo.

Just figured I'd mention something because I was...well, mentioned.

Oh and I noticed it mentioned but just wanting to say that I don't think there's active people around who are really against Parenthesis so much that it'd affect his modship. Like, even the people he argues with often say they don't dislike him.

And dang it Winter how much more do I have to do to show I'm calling out both sides? :P I literally called for considering Roxas being demodded twice. XD

It's not dislike. I don't dislike you and I see Pear as a friend. I'm not confident you can put your personal views second.

And I've personally found you hard to communicate with. You've lost your sheet at times with rant topics. In contrast, never seen Hina get emotionally unhinged

It's not dislike. I don't dislike you and I see Pear as a friend. I'm not confident you can put your personal views second.

And I've personally found you hard to communicate with. You've lost your sheet at times with rant topics. In contrast, never seen Hina get emotionally unhinged

I cannot deny we have a rocky relationship but we've had several PMs where we literally just talked about things pretty civilly did those mean nothing to you? QQ

It was indeed long ago, but if you can't properly apologize then there's precedent for it to happen again.

By the way and for the record, I would like to withdraw my vote for Yui and instead support Lord CowCow. 

Holy plot twist Batman. Thanks? I am a confused cow.

Oops this kinda seems spammy. Kinda wondering why me of all people though, Polaris

I cannot deny we have a rocky relationship but we've had several PMs where we literally just talked about things pretty civilly did those mean nothing to you? QQ

Holy plot twist Batman. Thanks? I am a confused cow.

Oops this kinda seems spammy. Kinda wondering why me of all people though, Polaris

Evidently, there aren't many people with much steam here and a semblance of clean hands. 

I'm not the first to support you and I think you'd be good with public relations as a friendly and active guy. Provided you don't leave, that is. 

I reckoned as much. Then you were the fall guy for conspirators within the mod team who are still there. If you can name them, denounce them, and post PM's from your conversations with them with regards to Sakura, you will certainly have my endorsement.

All I'm asking you to do is sell out your friends. It shouldn't be a big deal since "there really wasn't as much of a conspiracy as there has been made out to be."

EDIT:

Oh look who joined us!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Archived