Le Crayon Corner~

Sleepy

So she tries to act professional but her sarcastic and fun side and lack of being able to put on a poker face screws her up huh? xD
And I see you really like chibi designs xP I've never been very good with the art of chibifying characters.... they always come off eerie instead of cute for me haha.

Glad to see the club isn't dead yet and I see hints at some writing projects with these ones, which is very nice.

23 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

So she tries to act professional but her sarcastic and fun side and lack of being able to put on a poker face screws her up huh? xD
And I see you really like chibi designs xP I've never been very good with the art of chibifying characters.... they always come off eerie instead of cute for me haha.

Glad to see the club isn't dead yet and I see hints at some writing projects with these ones, which is very nice.

Hahaha oh no, how can that be? I really like chibi characters, and draw them more often than normal ones because they're easier and I'm not very confident in my skills. These in particular are not very chibi like, though, 'cause they're 3 heads tall aprox, but still qualify in the style. Does that mean you find Madolche eerie? XD?

Natsumi is a rather complex character with one of those nasty pasts you can only find in anime. A perfect ninja is (supposedly) one who can absolutely kill their emotions, and she often calls herself a "terrible ninja" because she breaks that premise, although she's rather powerful and does well her job.

It'd be really cool if more people comes and leave their stuff here. What should we do to make that happen? By the way, there is a third drawing with this style I made and even coloured in GIMP, but I can't find the files, they must be in an USB, when I find it, I'll post the remaining one 🙂 

I don't find chibis eerie in general, just the ones I've done because I can't get them right....  xD
I'm gonna dig through my files and see if there's something in my computer that maybe I haven't posted before hmm...

I think I never posted the finished Wee Witch's Apprentice here:
Z4ykwUH.jpg

Or the Dark Magician Girl one (they share the same paper IRL).

eNnND5W.jpg

Or the rest of the reindeer so here are all 9 
Dasher
OEUPi6S.jpg
Dancer
73T4ydX.jpg
Prancer
2QbyOze.jpg
Vixen
lJnfkJg.jpg
Comet
xpJCoo1.jpg
Cupid
zGxjp63.jpg
Donner
mob5zpw.jpg
Blitzen
d7dK2gJ.jpg
Rudolph
WHhY976.jpg
aaaaand I'll leave it at this for this post, with a random power ranger bunny girl sketch... I kinda wanted to draw something anthropomorphic for once, and also had been wanting to draw something tokusentai style for once, and so I combined the two sort of xD
EjAYo2q.jpg

• Like 4

C....C....CUTE!!!! Your drawings never fail to bring a smile to my face, so thanks for that. I'd be in one hell of a trouble if somebody asked me which reindeer is my favourite, I like 'em all, but maybe Comet or Blitzen would win the battle. Just PLEASE post an archetype with them or else I'll do it, hahaha. Looks like DMG decided to pose yet again, that lady is never tired of being reprinted. And your bunny girl is looking really cool, I haven't met Sakura but I have a feeling he would have liked her quite a bit. I was reminded of Zoodiac Bunnyblast too. I haven't found my USB yet, lol, but there's only two places to look left, it should be there.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally found my USB!!! Well, I found it like 3 days ago but forgot about it, lol. Anyway, this is the third drawing I made along with Rhuvinas and Natsumi, but I did finish coloring this one using GIMP.

AezuzaChibi.thumb.jpg.9beb4b9cc2a5e935d6ce2fd092949ff7.jpg

AezuzaChibi04.thumb.jpg.845f347fe021a857aea5e6cdc7c55392.jpg

Damn, I wish I didn't make her eyes so big, hahaha. Anyway, her name's Aezuza, she's a member of the Illuminae race, the first to inhabit the world where my story unfolds. Her race is supposed to be solemn, calm and have restricted emotions, so she's an exception, an enthusiast dumb genius. Her magic is Time-based, and her appearance has changed a bit since that day I drew her, less colorful and childish, but still a lot of fun. During the story, the characters meet Aluren, which looks very similar to her. That's because Aluren is one of three dolls Aezuza created and to which she can transfer her mind to, though these dolls retain a particular personality based in their own experiences mixed with Aezuza's. These three dolls are her greatest creation, like I said, she's a genius scientist of sorts.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

She's my Gym Leader! Ghost Type Gym Leader. She's not named Nyx though. I call her Helena.

I was also wondering if it was ok that our Gym Leader wasn't exactly us, but an avatar of our choosing, either male or female, and if we had to name our Gym Leader the same as us. Because I also wanted my Gym Leader to be a lady! Also, congratz, she's looking really pretty and intimidating 🙂 

Just now, Rayfield Lumina said:

I was also wondering if it was ok that our Gym Leader wasn't exactly us, but an avatar of our choosing, either male or female, and if we had to name our Gym Leader the same as us. 

Fine by me. I figured that was the best option anyways; gives us more artistic liberties. Moreso because I don't want to use my username or real name for the Gym Leader.

1 minute ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Because I also wanted my Gym Leader to be a lady!

Go for it man! I won't judge

2 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Also, congratz, she's looking really pretty and intimidating 🙂 

Well, with the party I chose, that was part of the intention (no, I didn't draw any of these Pokemon; just want to illustrate why I chose them for her party):

Image result for pokemon sableye creepy

Image result for pokemon cofagrigus scary

Image result for pokemon dusknoir art

Image result for pokemon golurk art

Image result for pokemon mega banette creepy

1 minute ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Well, with the party I chose, that was part of the intention (no, I didn't draw any of these Pokemon; just want to illustrate why I chose them for her party):

Woah, those guys are looking brutal, dat pic of Dusknoir, specially! Could it be you choose Helena because of the name's resemblance to Hela, Goddess of Death?  On a slightly different topic, did you like Cofagrigus' new forme? I find it pretty interesting, design-wise

1 minute ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Woah, those guys are looking brutal, dat pic of Dusknoir, specially! Could it be you choose Helena because of the name's resemblance to Hela, Goddess of Death?

Moreso for the woman who found pieces of the cross of Jesus Christ (St. Helena), but that's cool too. I just chose a conventional name, since most of the Gym Leaders have conventional names anyways. I just settled on one that had some occult connotation.

4 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

On a slightly different topic, did you like Cofagrigus' new forme? I find it pretty interesting, design-wise

It's neat, but I personally prefer Cofagrigus over Runerigus; it just looks more intimidating to me. And more colorful.

6 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Heh grassy frog xP
Does it have a secondary type or a dex entry?

My first gen is planned to be pure types but I'm using the Kanto dex as a template. So no secondary typing for this leafy frog. Also the starter evolves at Lv17 and again at Lv42.

16 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

The Grass starter for my region.

Tadpole-chan! I think you erased it's ahoge-leaf, but please don't, it looks cuter that way. Stage 2 reminded me of Grovyle. I'm guessing you'll give it lots of jumping moves, like High Jump Kick, Bounce, and the like. The stage 3 is holding a Trident? Can it generate it as part of the body? Maybe like a mucus that is solidified quickly.

1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

Here's what I've got so far in terms of art for the group pokemon project:

Holy moly, angry Giraffurnace looks too cute and dangerous ^_^. Can you please tell us what each number stands for in your map? I'm guessing 1 is the Gym and 7/8 the entrances.

3 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Tadpole-chan! I think you erased it's ahoge-leaf, but please don't, it looks cuter that way. Stage 2 reminded me of Grovyle. I'm guessing you'll give it lots of jumping moves, like High Jump Kick, Bounce, and the like. The stage 3 is holding a Trident? Can it generate it as part of the body? Maybe like a mucus that is solidified quickly.

Holy moly, angry Giraffurnace looks too cute and dangerous ^_^. Can you please tell us what each number stands for in your map? I'm guessing 1 is the Gym and 7/8 the entrances.

I posted them at the project thread but here goes (in reverse as I go towards the top)
This is based on Mt Kilimanjaro in Africa, an inactive volcano with its top covered in snow, visible from the plains, as shown in a number of photos I found.
8 is the entrance to the area. as you start walking upward and can see clouds forming besides you.
7 is right now under construction but it is going to be where the actual town is at (Pokemon center, houses, etc).
6 is a hidden area meant to service as a potential "evil team" hideout spot.
5 is the continuation (and end) of the road, culminating at a freezing waterfall that runs into the mountain. It freezes due to the altitude and outside temperature, but the rocks deeper inside it are heated up by underground thermal activity, so that lake-like place evaporates on the corners into some of the clouds around it, while the rest of its surface freezes up.
4 a cave with a waterfall raining onto the previous location. You can climb it via Waterfall (the move) and enter it to exit at the other cave:
3 is "the other cave" xD
You can use rock climb to get to the top towards spot 2, however, the main entrance to the top is actually jumping from the frozen lake to the very top by getting impulsed by a heat/cold reaction between the ice and the stove burning spots on my giraffe pokemon xP
... or at least that's the plan.
1 is the gym.

35 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

I'll remember that. Stage 2 is intended to know some jumping moves. Stage 3 collects the leaves it drops and molds them into a trident using it's mucus. So you weren't that far off.

I want to show a creation I made two or three years ago. It's made of foamy, but I painted the background and used wet colored pencils for the shadows and highlights. I make my foamy "paintings" by cutting the pieces so they fit together like a puzzle ^_^. And of course, I made this as tribute to my favourite Pokemon, Meloetta! For those who are into the Pokemon TCG, you'll recognize the card this "painting" is based on.

IMG_20200327_163737329.thumb.jpg.f604075f1f32c29c4e91e3bee9141b64.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bluvista said:

I really am jealous of how good it is. I wish my art skills were even half as good as this! It's really pretty, and the hair looks really, really difficult. How did you do it? Or does the Foamy do that itself?

Thanks a lot for your comment. Well, yeah, it's not easy. The foamy is a kinda rebel material, and it's hard to draw lines/paint on it. If memory serves, I used a needle and carefully made the lines, cutting the foamy very slightly, almost just like a guide. Then, with a very pointy wet colored pencil, you follow the guides, but you usually have to do it multiple times, For the shapes of the "pieces of puzzle", I have a paper guide with the actual size of the painting. I use a needle to puncture the paper with the foamy underneath it, and cut it following the small points.

19 minutes ago, Bluvista said:

I really am jealous of how good it is. I wish my art skills were even half as good as this! It's really pretty, and the hair looks really, really difficult. How did you do it? Or does the Foamy do that itself?

Then give it a Like.

21 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

I want to show a creation I made two or three years ago. It's made of foamy, but I painted the background and used wet colored pencils for the shadows and highlights. I make my foamy "paintings" by cutting the pieces so they fit together like a puzzle ^_^. And of course, I made this as tribute to my favourite Pokemon, Meloetta! For those who are into the Pokemon TCG, you'll recognize the card this "painting" is based on.

IMG_20200327_163737329.thumb.jpg.f604075f1f32c29c4e91e3bee9141b64.jpg

That looks cute! I don't recall ever making an artwork with crafts like that.

11 minutes ago, Bluvista said:

Wow, that sounds much harder than mixing up something on Soundation. 

I gotta try that one and compare. I did give my points of view about your themes, don't take it too bad for the last ok? I want to be true to my friends rather than say only nice things to look good 🙂 

3 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

That looks cute! I don't recall ever making an artwork with crafts like that.

I feel so flattered, seeing my work be recognized like this! Thanks a lot, Nyx!