Le Crayon Corner~

Sleepy

12 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

I want to show a creation I made two or three years ago. It's made of foamy, but I painted the background and used wet colored pencils for the shadows and highlights. I make my foamy "paintings" by cutting the pieces so they fit together like a puzzle ^_^. And of course, I made this as tribute to my favourite Pokemon, Meloetta! For those who are into the Pokemon TCG, you'll recognize the card this "painting" is based on.

IMG_20200327_163737329.thumb.jpg.f604075f1f32c29c4e91e3bee9141b64.jpg

I found your Meloetta card on ebay.

More sketches:
This time featuring Mindel the "Joker girl", the older sis of my little witch character.
I've really underperformed in drawing this one, I think those are like 80% of my drawings of her, and are each 6 months to a year apart from each other, to the point I haven't standardized even her hair length or shape all that well.

I think the newer scanner is doing the job too obnoxiously light and I don't really know how to fix that issue so I might end up re-installing my old one and relegating the new one to just prints which is what it does best.... darn it...

Anyways... 2 of these have pajamas so it goes in theme xD
And yeah, one or two of these have been here in the club before xP
jwJlBTS.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Oh, that's cute.
Reminds me I drew my characters in pajamas a few years ago, though I aged them up a little bit for that so for the plans I have for them this could be considered "non-canon" xD
XNU1dWr.jpg

The umbrella detail on Patsy killed me XD. Who's the girl on the left???

2 hours ago, Sleepy said:

More sketches:
This time featuring Mindel the "Joker girl", the older sis of my little witch character.
I've really underperformed in drawing this one, I think those are like 80% of my drawings of her, and are each 6 months to a year apart from each other, to the point I haven't standardized even her hair length or shape all that well.

I think the newer scanner is doing the job too obnoxiously light and I don't really know how to fix that issue so I might end up re-installing my old one and relegating the new one to just prints which is what it does best.... darn it...

Anyways... 2 of these have pajamas so it goes in theme xD
And yeah, one or two of these have been here in the club before xP
jwJlBTS.jpg

Wow, she's pretty. Looks like half of the town has a crush on her, but she doesn't seem too happy about it. The last one is someone offering a bouquet of flowers to her, and she's like... oh s*** right? XD

You two made me want to upload another drawing too ^_^. I really don't remember if I made this before the three chibis I posted earlier, but I think I did. She's Liliamyr, the main character of my story, and also the non chibi version of my profile pic. That ridiculous ahoge is no more XD. As I always say, the overall appearance and clothes have changed a bit over time, but she's there.

DibLiliamyr01.thumb.jpg.4eaa3fd858cf6b4f59cadf2c70850988.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

The umbrella detail on Patsy killed me XD. Who's the girl on the left???

Wow, she's pretty. Looks like half of the town has a crush on her, but she doesn't seem too happy about it. The last one is someone offering a bouquet of flowers to her, and she's like... oh s*** right? XD

Her name is Doris. Even though I mostly post art of the same 3 girls, I actually have a little over a dozen characters for this project of mine more or less elaborated by now. She's the most normal one in the picture xD

Mindel is always busy doing her own thing pretty isolated from everyone, and as a result her comfort in any sorts of social situations is almost non-existent, but she tries to be helpful and stuff regardless. Sooo yeah, that's her reaction xD

Here's another character sample now that I've got this stuff going on:
PywzSZO.jpg

This is Evelyn. She likes exploring underground areas and stuff like that... and she's younger than the main girls so probably not something I'd recommend doing xD

- - - - -

34 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

You two made me want to upload another drawing too ^_^. I really don't remember if I made this before the three chibis I posted earlier, but I think I did. She's Liliamyr, the main character of my story, and also the non chibi version of my profile pic. That ridiculous ahoge is no more XD. As I always say, the overall appearance and clothes have changed a bit over time, but she's there.

DibLiliamyr01.thumb.jpg.4eaa3fd858cf6b4f59cadf2c70850988.jpg

I had to look up ahoge xD
She looks like a magical girl. Does she have a story or background? =0

• Like 1

PywzSZO.jpg

This is Evelyn. She likes exploring underground areas and stuff like that... and she's younger than the main girls so probably not something I'd recommend doing xD

1st pic... Ahh, that's cute, looks like Riko from Made in Abyss. 2nd pic. Holy moly O_O It's the same logo from her shirt! 3rd pic. Cuteness overload. x_x

I had to look up ahoge xD
She looks like a magical girl. Does she have a story or background? =0

Jajaja, well, you now know that "gallito" is the famous japanese ahoge.

She's not a magical girl, but she IS a sorceress. Well, yes, she has an story, but, I don't think you want me flood LCC with tons of details about my story XD. Mmm... how should I go to make it short? Nah, I can't XD

She's an orphan. Looks like her parents abandoned her in a forest when she was 1. Some lumberjacks found her, but since they didn't want to have another mouth to feed (times were rough), they took her to an orphanage. The owners there were... well, the short term for them is pile of s*hit. The moment she could walk, she was given a broom and put to sweep. She quickly became something that could be called a slave. For some unknown reason, these owners loathed her, and treated her much more harsher than the other orphans who, seeing someone even weaker than them, unleashed their frustration on the poor thing; they didn't know another thing but cruelty, so its not surprising. So, amidst this hell, she became sick (age 7). On top of cruel, those owners were stupid and ignorant, and thought the disease could be spread (even though it was just a fever and some small weals due to intoxication), so even though they benefited from having the girl around, they dumped her in the middle of the nearest path, inside some used potato bag, and left her there to die, maybe by being run over by a carriage, or something. It could have happened, but she managed to crawl half outside the bag and her bright orange hair stood out in the path. When she woke up, she was inside a monastery, and her fever was gone. This time, she didn't receive mistreatment, but almost total indifference, except that she was given water and food. She was locked in a cold room and nobody would talk to her. This continued for some days, until a large group of robed men came and took her to a huge garden with marble columns as high as the sky. She was scared to death, but she was so used to obey that she didn't even thought of escaping. The robed men made a circle around her and began to chant. She doesn't remember what else happened... until 2 years later. I can't disclose what exactly happened there, but there's a term: Auradelta. Anyway, it's forbidden magic, don't do it at home. Fortunately for her, one year after she was made an Auradelta, a certain woman found out about this, and got enraged. She was an old woman named Minerva, and you don't want to make her angry. Anyway, it took her a year, but she finally managed to destroy that cult and rescued the little girl. She was so moved by her situation, that she decided to adopt her. And for the first time in her life, Liliamyr knew of love, albeit she was so traumatized it took her a long, long time to understand the old lady now rising her didn't want to harm her at all. Minerva was a wealthy woman with a nasty temper for evildoers, she was rude but elegant, energetic but wise, and she happened to be incredibly kind. And Liliamyr felt happy for the first time in her life, and even smiled once in a while. For two and a half years, Minerva raised the girl and taught her lots of things. The girl was very intelligent, but her extreme shyness made the learning a bit difficult. Anyway, it looked like some shadow of gloom and sadness was always pursuing this unfortunate girl, and Minerva fell sick (this is beginning to look like Remi). This happened when Liliamyr was around 10. I also can't disclose what exactly happened during those last hours, when Minerva was on her deathbed, but a horrifying incident happened there, most of the room was destroyed, and what was left of Minerva was almost unrecognizable, although she seemed to be smiling. So, if anything else was needed, the villagers of the town came to hate Liliamyr too, and of course, framed her of that incident, even thought it was impossible for a little girl to have done such a thing. From that point, there's a time skip of 6 years, and that's when the story starts, with a kinda suicidal Liliamyr starting her second year in the Academy of Magic of the town desperately looking for something in life to hold on to. By the way, the drawing is a bit of a lie, probably, it looks like that timid smile is wore often, but from the moment Minerva died to the point she finds her first friend, she doesn't smile AT ALL. And yeah, I might look pretty f*cked up for being so mean to the poor girl, but its needed for the plot ^_^''.

Sorry for the lengthy stuff, but you asked, and I couldn't help myself XD.

1 hour ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

1st pic... Ahh, that's cute, looks like Riko from Made in Abyss. 2nd pic. Holy moly O_O It's the same logo from her shirt! 3rd pic. Cuteness overload. x_x

Jajaja, well, you now know that "gallito" is the famous japanese ahoge.

She's not a magical girl, but she IS a sorceress. Well, yes, she has an story, but, I don't think you want me flood LCC with tons of details about my story XD. Mmm... how should I go to make it short? Nah, I can't XD

She's an orphan. Looks like her parents abandoned her in a forest when she was 1. Some lumberjacks found her, but since they didn't want to have another mouth to feed (times were rough), they took her to an orphanage. The owners there were... well, the short term for them is pile of s*hit. The moment she could walk, she was given a broom and put to sweep. She quickly became something that could be called a slave. For some unknown reason, these owners loathed her, and treated her much more harsher than the other orphans who, seeing someone even weaker than them, unleashed their frustration on the poor thing; they didn't know another thing but cruelty, so its not surprising. So, amidst this hell, she became sick (age 7). On top of cruel, those owners were stupid and ignorant, and thought the disease could be spread (even though it was just a fever and some small weals due to intoxication), so even though they benefited from having the girl around, they dumped her in the middle of the nearest path, inside some used potato bag, and left her there to die, maybe by being run over by a carriage, or something. It could have happened, but she managed to crawl half outside the bag and her bright orange hair stood out in the path. When she woke up, she was inside a monastery, and her fever was gone. This time, she didn't receive mistreatment, but almost total indifference, except that she was given water and food. She was locked in a cold room and nobody would talk to her. This continued for some days, until a large group of robed men came and took her to a huge garden with marble columns as high as the sky. She was scared to death, but she was so used to obey that she didn't even thought of escaping. The robed men made a circle around her and began to chant. She doesn't remember what else happened... until 2 years later. I can't disclose what exactly happened there, but there's a term: Auradelta. Anyway, it's forbidden magic, don't do it at home. Fortunately for her, one year after she was made an Auradelta, a certain woman found out about this, and got enraged. She was an old woman named Minerva, and you don't want to make her angry. Anyway, it took her a year, but she finally managed to destroy that cult and rescued the little girl. She was so moved by her situation, that she decided to adopt her. And for the first time in her life, Liliamyr knew of love, albeit she was so traumatized it took her a long, long time to understand the old lady now rising her didn't want to harm her at all. Minerva was a wealthy woman with a nasty temper for evildoers, she was rude but elegant, energetic but wise, and she happened to be incredibly kind. And Liliamyr felt happy for the first time in her life, and even smiled once in a while. For two and a half years, Minerva raised the girl and taught her lots of things. The girl was very intelligent, but her extreme shyness made the learning a bit difficult. Anyway, it looked like some shadow of gloom and sadness was always pursuing this unfortunate girl, and Minerva fell sick (this is beginning to look like Remi). This happened when Liliamyr was around 10. I also can't disclose what exactly happened during those last hours, when Minerva was on her deathbed, but a horrifying incident happened there, most of the room was destroyed, and what was left of Minerva was almost unrecognizable, although she seemed to be smiling. So, if anything else was needed, the villagers of the town came to hate Liliamyr too, and of course, framed her of that incident, even thought it was impossible for a little girl to have done such a thing. From that point, there's a time skip of 6 years, and that's when the story starts, with a kinda suicidal Liliamyr starting her second year in the Academy of Magic of the town desperately looking for something in life to hold on to. By the way, the drawing is a bit of a lie, probably, it looks like that timid smile is wore often, but from the moment Minerva died to the point she finds her first friend, she doesn't smile AT ALL. And yeah, I might look pretty f*cked up for being so mean to the poor girl, but its needed for the plot ^_^''.

Sorry for the lengthy stuff, but you asked, and I couldn't help myself XD.

If you mentioned Remi, I think I have a feel of what the tone is gonna be like xD
Gotta include a little bit of Candy Candy and of Minky Momo's finale for those extra influences haha....

At first I thought she had eye bags, but then thought it was just because of the style and they were meant to be cheek blushes, but after your lore, I now think they are eye bags again xD Poor girl. That's a series of unfortunate events and that's BEFORE the story even begins.
So magic is sort of normal in this world? because she's in an academy of magic, and plus the cult and Minerva, it seemed like it is a fairly widespread thing.

I did not count very meticulously but since she got sick at 7, there was a 2 year gap there, and 2 more that the cult had her and her memory was blank for (this is potentially an extremely dark set of theories that could fill in the void time of such length).... a couple more years with Minerva, and 6 more before the academy.... She's 17?

5 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Nice! I was like *awww* with the girl on the right, but why didn't you gave her feet? XD This reminded me of how my MC uses a pajama with penguins ^_^

I wanted her to wear slippers, but I didn't know how to draw those in this pose. I don't exactly have reference images in my workplace.

Anywho, here's the sporty girls:

B5RxpeG.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

If you mentioned Remi, I think I have a feel of what the tone is gonna be like xD
Gotta include a little bit of Candy Candy and of Minky Momo's finale for those extra influences haha....

XD Well, her origins are kinda Remi-like, so I had to make that reference... Noooo... Mr. Vitalis! I DID watch Candy-Candy (I remember when that bloody Anthony died by falling off the horse, my mom loved that anime, lol) but I never watched Minky Momo. Wasn't her a little girl with pink hair? Ok, googled it just now and among the automatic options it appeared Minky Momo Death Gif... holy crap, I don't wanna see that.

1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

At first I thought she had eye bags, but then thought it was just because of the style and they were meant to be cheek blushes, but after your lore, I now think they are eye bags again xD Poor girl. That's a series of unfortunate events and that's BEFORE the story even begins.
So magic is sort of normal in this world? because she's in an academy of magic, and plus the cult and Minerva, it seemed like it is a fairly widespread thing.

They're not eye bags, they're me being bad at drawing XD. But you have a point, they might be, after all. This isn't Lemony Snicket's a Series of Unfortunate Events, but comes close. Things get pretty nasty for her, when, you know, she has to go on the epic adventure and has to fight and survive and stuff, but at least throughout the story she's not alone, and she gets livelier. I mean, at the start, she even stutters and can't look at people in the eye, but gets more confident as time passes. Yeah, magic is normal in my world, how much magic every being can use varies greatly, but nobody makes a fuss about it, I mean, there's not really a difference in classes or discrimination or the like. The people blessed with a decent amount of magic is rather limited, and it's balanced with a weak (but not sickly) physical constitution. Some prodigies can overcome this, but that's extremely rare.

1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

I did not count very meticulously but since she got sick at 7, there was a 2 year gap there, and 2 more that the cult had her and her memory was blank for (this is potentially an extremely dark set of theories that could fill in the void time of such length).... a couple more years with Minerva, and 6 more before the academy.... She's 17?

I think I screwed it with the time. She was 6 when the cult took her, but it was about 1 1/2 years while she was in the Auradelta state, and she lived 2 1/2 years with Madame Minerva. After 6 years, when the story starts, she's 16. And it's not as disturbing as you're thinking XD, but it wasn't nice. Actually, if I wanted to put it in terms we people who haven't being used for an Auradelta can imagine, it might be impossible. It's some sort of defensive spell, by the way, but absolutely forbidden.

Here are two more pics of her:

DibuLiliamyr02.thumb.jpg.2c3094c49762d9cc008da6a0ba131368.jpg

DibuLiliamyr03.thumb.jpg.330070f8b6c6603c1d38ef5b88179431.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

I wanted her to wear slippers, but I didn't know how to draw those in this pose. I don't exactly have reference images in my workplace.

Anywho, here's the sporty girls:

B5RxpeG.jpg

Aha!! So instead of working hard, you make use of every opportunity to draw! I always knew you were evil Nyx xD Anyway, I'm waiting for the kimono version next time☺️

On 4/7/2020 at 1:24 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

Aha!! So instead of working hard, you make use of every opportunity to draw! I always knew you were evil Nyx xD Anyway, I'm waiting for the kimono version next time☺️

Um, not quite. I usually draw during my free time. If I was loafing around more often, I'd draw more. In March, I hardly had any time to draw.

27 minutes ago, BGMCANN0N said:

So this is a previous project I've been working on for one of my additions to Watt archetype in Yugioh: Wattcat aka エレキャット (Erekyatto). Still have to eliminate lineart, add shading/lighting, add lightning bolts, and match the general background of Watt monsters better than its current state. But, I think it is good start compared to most of my digital art projects. XD

Wattcat.png.3ad8dc8b4e4ced629645a6882c3cc4a3.png

1904007133_Wattcat.thumb.png.08e488dd89a577059bb41ff693176e28.png

I'm lovin' it!, the visor and the collar with the bulb are very nice touches. For me, the background looks good, if anything, I'd lower the amount of blue smoothing around Erekyatto, but it's already pretty similar to the background used by most of the members. Do you have an effect assigned to it, I'd like to see it in a card ^_^

Guest BGMCANN0N
On 4/10/2020 at 12:58 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

I'm lovin' it!, the visor and the collar with the bulb are very nice touches. For me, the background looks good, if anything, I'd lower the amount of blue smoothing around Erekyatto, but it's already pretty similar to the background used by most of the members. Do you have an effect assigned to it, I'd like to see it in a card ^_^

..d.

2 hours ago, BGMCANN0N said:

Yeah I've shown the effects before on Le Crayon Corner... But, here are the stats and effects I have in mind with a small update to it:

Wattcat

LIGHT

✪✪✪✪ (Level 4)

[Thunder/Effect]

ATK/ 1000 DEF/ 600

This card can attack your opponent directly. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent by a direct attack: Target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls;  its effects are negated, and it cannot attack while it is face-up on the field.

Pretty good stunning effect, and packs quite a bit of a punch for a direct attacker, although, if memory serves, the almighty Wattgiraffe has like 1200 or 1300. I'm pretty sure that if Sleepy likes the Watt archetype, her favourite is the giraffe, she seems to be too fond of 'em xD. Anywho, I had another look around at LCC and found some of your creations, Frog, Scarab and Kingfisher. I suppose you'll be working in their digital version in the upcoming days? I'm looking forward to them ^_^. Back in the old days, I always liked the Watts, but they kinda lacked a certain something to triumph (ironically, speed, I guess).

On 4/10/2020 at 5:12 PM, BGMCANN0N said:

Mhm. I anticipate on working on them sometime after I finish Cat... Just need to capture the feel of the archetype as best I can. As for their design in the nature of the game, I do have a handful of ideas on how to correct their speed issue... I totally get the lack of appeal to them at their current state in the game. XD

Haha, yeah. Well, the first thing that comes to mind when I think about speed are those monsters that can tribute themselves and bring another member of the archetype, so you could try adapting it to the Watts. Something like:  

Watt X

If this card inflicted battle damage to your opponent by direct attack this turn: You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 2 "Watt" monsters from your Deck (except Watt X) with different names, and if you do, the Spell/Traps in the same column as those Special Summoned monsters cannot be activated until the end of your opponent's turn.

Just some idea, anyway ^_^''

I want to upload another drawing. This time, the character is....... Rayfield! The one and only xD.

1844386325_Ray01(1).thumb.jpg.a67d7727b03ee07341adf8bba1d10411.jpg

Why are his feet so small xD? Anyway, this guy is a serious, intelligent and analytic character, but is also prone to hold heavy grudges and doesn't have much patience. The scar in his cheek is a perpetual reminder of an extremely horrible event that tainted his life forever, and in which her older sister was also involved. So, in case you're a lil' interested, this is the character I told you about once, @Redro. Remember the stuff I told you about my username? ^_^.

21 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Well, I can't draw reaper Melody until I finish Darj's request (as I intend to draw it via drawing tablet). Because like I said, I don't have references at work.

Here's the gang sporting their bikinis though:

bUCg8EN.jpg

Heh! I knew this one would appear eventually! I have to say, Melody is still my favourite.

• Like 2