Le Crayon Corner~

Sleepy

4 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

^This comment here has confirmed there is an ulterior motive, lurking in the darkness.

Reveal hidden contents

83e1.png.fe05b3b0a62366227396e95c65f7dee9.png

But I've also heard your saying too xD. Also you're missing a great truth: I'm not only going after Pam, but I'm also concerned about Autumn's safety. I'd be a better father for her and won't endanger her life, like a certain dude does. I'm not surprised in finding out the attention pattern you mention: I have a better eye than most people 😄 .

NUUUUHHH, please don't mention Dragon Ball, hahaha. If anything, I believe the stuff you bring up are one of those things that could be added to my ever-increasing list of "Things that don't make any sense in Dragon Ball" xD

You're giving the "defense system" a bit too much credit, she gets hurt more easily than you'd think. Actually, there's one battle early in the story where she literally get's OHKO'ed. But then again, it was probably because of that protection that she didn't die there. But yeah, your supposition is pretty accurate. At the start, she can only trains sparingly, and rather concentrates in amplifying the amount of magic power she has and her control over it, which in turn helps with the ability in discussion, but not as much as if she was training it consciously, which only happens later when she has a "sensei". Btw, now that I think about it, that event with Orenjiro happens some hours after the battle I mentioned before, so there you have those regenerative powers in action, pretty much like a slightly powered up pomada de la abejita. There's another character in the story named Fleurette which HAS regenerative powers, to the point she can grow limbs in a matter of seconds (she's a Vampire). We're talking about a whole different level of character. If you would make a ridiculous comparison of the three characters as Pokemon ('cause why not)? by the time they appear first, Liliamyr is a Lv 5 Ralts, Natsumi is a Lv 30 Ninjask, and Fleurette is a Lv 80 Crobat xD. Oh by the way, if you don't like me talking too much about my story in the drawing club, you can tell me, it's just I get excited and can't stop writing >_<''

Oh no, it's totally fine. Rather than ask you to stop, I'd instead ask you if you have the story in the making (written or drawn) somewhere yet or if it's still in the planning stages. I think it's very nice to have stuff like that to talk about, as a fellow member that is planning out a story.

The "planning" stages are very hard to get out of though xD My halloween drawing with the giraffe was made iirc back in 2016. If all that time I focused on this project with no blocks, IRL stuff on the way, and more of an idea of exactly how to go about the panels/flow/composition/pace/etc... I'd probably have like 6 volumes of sketch pages on me by now xD
Feel free to tell me as much as you want about your story, so long as you are not uncomfortable sharing too much information about it that you might wanna turn into some twist for the readers later on hehe xP
I'm also kinda curious on if Nyx has a story plan project with a lot of plans behind his girl characters that he posts.

I have a bunch of stuff about my own project I could talk about. I have my own kinda magic system that'd probably get me ranting for a while that's tied down with the lore of my setting. I even have a few deities (currently 3 to be exact). I'll take advantage of this chance to point at one of them. I've posted these images before and one of them even was my profile header image xD
Meet Rea. 

qmCNgk6.jpg

PMdBDPf.jpg

27uMyfj.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Oh no, it's totally fine. Rather than ask you to stop, I'd instead ask you if you have the story in the making (written or drawn) somewhere yet or if it's still in the planning stages. I think it's very nice to have stuff like that to talk about, as a fellow member that is planning out a story.

The "planning" stages are very hard to get out of though xD My halloween drawing with the giraffe was made iirc back in 2016. If all that time I focused on this project with no blocks, IRL stuff on the way, and more of an idea of exactly how to go about the panels/flow/composition/pace/etc... I'd probably have like 6 volumes of sketch pages on me by now xD
Feel free to tell me as much as you want about your story, so long as you are not uncomfortable sharing too much information about it that you might wanna turn into some twist for the readers later on hehe xP
I'm also kinda curious on if Nyx has a story plan project with a lot of plans behind his girl characters that he posts.

I have a bunch of stuff about my own project I could talk about. I have my own kinda magic system that'd probably get me ranting for a while that's tied down with the lore of my setting. I even have a few deities (currently 3 to be exact). I'll take advantage of this chance to point at one of them. I've posted these images before and one of them even was my profile header image xD
Meet Rea. 

Reveal hidden contents

qmCNgk6.jpg

PMdBDPf.jpg

27uMyfj.jpg

Oh, I'm glad, thanks! 🙂 . The whole story is supposed to be 3 books long (yeah, typical fantasy trilogy). It's been many, many years since I wrote, sadly, but It's just I have things in my mind to sort. Also, my old PC where I was writing broke down and I could never extract the files from there, though I think there's a copy of the book in one of my USBs. Right now, I have written about 70% of the first book, that was around 230 pages, I don't remember well. As time has passed, I've felt there are things that now feel silly or I'd like to re-write, but I don't know if I'd actually rewrite the entire book, or just add and/or modify certain things. Since the book first started as being "the story of a videogame" that I kinda made on the theory, certain things that work in games and don't work in books are there, like the immediateness of certain things, or how characters get recovered way too quickly from life or death battles, or the time to move from location to location, etc. so I might have to adjust that.

Yeah, sometimes it's just too hard to get things straight, right? 😄 . That Zoophie drawing is one of my favourites, but I have to say right now any drawing where Pam appears becomes my automatic favourite xD. Like the one you posted last, although I'm surprised to see Autumn as scared! I mean, she's small and the first impression gotta be like FUUU, THE HELL IS THIS PLACE, but I thought she was more the brave type that gets excited with anything new, even if it's weird or scary. I'm happy how that evil dude that's her husband is still not appearing, let's hope it stays that way xD. But please tell me about your magic system, I'm super curious about that!

I have to be honest: that Rea drawing is-just-amazing! But also, my second thought: Arceus Sleepy version. But who's the witch girl with Rea? She's not Sonnet, right? Does Rea has a particular... reign? I mean, Rea, Deity of X.

In my book, there are also 3 supreme entities: Daneaitir, God of Time, Izer'Nied, God of Spirit, and Kar-Neiflen, God of Matter. In my defense, that exists before Gen IV of Pokemon ^_^''

29 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Oh, I'm glad, thanks! 🙂 . The whole story is supposed to be 3 books long (yeah, typical fantasy trilogy). It's been many, many years since I wrote, sadly, but It's just I have things in my mind to sort. Also, my old PC where I was writing broke down and I could never extract the files from there, though I think there's a copy of the book in one of my USBs. Right now, I have written about 70% of the first book, that was around 230 pages, I don't remember well. As time has passed, I've felt there are things that now feel silly or I'd like to re-write, but I don't know if I'd actually rewrite the entire book, or just add and/or modify certain things. Since the book first started as being "the story of a videogame" that I kinda made on the theory, certain things that work in games and don't work in books are there, like the immediateness of certain things, or how characters get recovered way too quickly from life or death battles, or the time to move from location to location, etc. so I might have to adjust that.

Yeah, sometimes it's just too hard to get things straight, right? 😄 . That Zoophie drawing is one of my favourites, but I have to say right now any drawing where Pam appears becomes my automatic favourite xD. Like the one you posted last, although I'm surprised to see Autumn as scared! I mean, she's small and the first impression gotta be like FUUU, THE HELL IS THIS PLACE, but I thought she was more the brave type that gets excited with anything new, even if it's weird or scary. I'm happy how that evil dude that's her husband is still not appearing, let's hope it stays that way xD. But please tell me about your magic system, I'm super curious about that!

I have to be honest: that Rea drawing is-just-amazing! But also, my second thought: Arceus Sleepy version. But who's the witch girl with Rea? She's not Sonnet, right? Does Rea has a particular... reign? I mean, Rea, Deity of X.

In my book, there are also 3 supreme entities: Daneaitir, God of Time, Izer'Nied, God of Spirit, and Kar-Neiflen, God of Matter. In my defense, that exists before Gen IV of Pokemon ^_^''

Huff, I feel your pain. Having a computer break down when something is saved in it... but I never had so much as 3 entire books worth of content o.o"
Yeah on the bright side you can always edit and improve upon what you've written. Though from personal experience, it is hard to refine something without a second opinion that'd have an easier time than the writer at editing things in a way that makes sense. Otherwise it is always easy for the writer to always excuse something weird by thinking "I'm foreshadowing X" and other things like that xD

Still, I hope you do have the USB backup as you suspect you might. Re-reading something you made a long time ago is helpful. xP
You  can do time jumps in-between locations that can excuse some of the healing time as well as the fact you are probably going all across the world for a new fight. I also recall this web comic thing called "God of High School" I bumped onto a few years back that had weird nano-tech injected in participants that made them heal up from abnormally harsh states so they always could get back to fight the next round. It's just something I got reminded of.

- - - -

My characters have aspects to their personality that don't exactly go in line with what you'd think of them on the first impressions. Pyro is more vocal and blunt and energetic. She's sorta chaotic, but she's responsible when detecting danger in particular. If somebody is about to mix chemicals that she knows might make something explode, she'd be the first to make a move and either snatch the fluids or pull the ones handling them away before catastrophe ensues. She also comes from a normal place so she's definitely not used to anything supernatural or creepy. She might be more daring towards things once she is more used to things but not right now.

Meanwhile, Sonnet is more polite and quiet, but the smiling easy going faces she makes in everyday life she also maintains even if you were to put her in the middle of the street in Silent Hill xD so she's a lot less phased by these things, and also, she doesn't have quite the same instinct when it comes to getting out of danger. She's quietly reckless. 

Fear not, Pyro's dad will appear soon. I can't keep him out of the scene if he's the one driving right next to the others right now xD

As for the Magic System I run, it goes directly tied with the deities so it is gonna be part lore and part technical stuff:
I think I'll elaborate upon it via private message for now xP

23 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Reveal hidden contents

qmCNgk6.jpg

PMdBDPf.jpg

27uMyfj.jpg

No, aside from a slice of life.

Speaking of which here's another drawing of them. This time showcasing what each of them will personally do amidst the social distancing (don't ask why they're on the same paper).

nVH1H2q.jpg

Also, I'm giving my girls a break next time.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

No, aside from a slice of life.

Speaking of which here's another drawing of them. This time showcasing what each of them will personally do amidst the social distancing (don't ask why they're on the same paper).

nVH1H2q.jpg

Also, I'm giving my girls a break next time.

Melody is just too cute ^_^. I don't know what is Lumina doing, though. That girl always looks angry.

57 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

No context behind this currently but:
XqpLdjE.jpg

O_O Who could this little lady be? She looks like a redhead Sonnet, but I don't think she's her or the friend of Rea. Another sister?

3 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Melody is just too cute ^_^. I don't know what is Lumina doing, though. That girl always looks angry.

O_O Who could this little lady be? She looks like a redhead Sonnet, but I don't think she's her or the friend of Rea. Another sister?

She IS a redhead Sonnet xD
It's an image with no context, but it does have a small roll in my project xP

8 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

No, xD
but good try. It has more to do with her magic.

It's actually weird that she's blue-haired while everyone in her family is redhead. My theory for a second was that it happened because of a Pyro experiment gone wrong. Remember my drawing of Aezuza I posted back there? (the purple girl) Her hair was originally light brown, but due to her stupid experiments ended up blonde xD

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

It's actually weird that she's blue-haired while everyone in her family is redhead. My theory for a second was that it happened because of a Pyro experiment gone wrong. Remember my drawing of Aezuza I posted back there? (the purple girl) Her hair was originally light brown, but due to her stupid experiments ended up blonde xD

I'm gonna have to confess here that I can't recall Aezuza. I went back to page 12 and scrolled through but I must have gotten it mixed up xD
Could you post her again ^^"

Light brown to blonde sounds like peroxide xD
And now she's seen as some sort of school delinquent for her hair? hahaha.

1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

I'm gonna have to confess here that I can't recall Aezuza. I went back to page 12 and scrolled through but I must have gotten it mixed up xD
Could you post her again ^^"

Light brown to blonde sounds like peroxide xD
And now she's seen as some sort of school delinquent for her hair? hahaha.

np, sure thing ^_^

AezuzaChibi04.thumb.jpg.1c37d1d78ef80d80a0867481190f35b0.jpg

She doesn't go to school, btw xD. She's more of a vagrant, studying all kinds of stuff she finds on her travels. If you didn't find this the first time, I'll repeat that she's some sort of dumb genius, in general she seems to have more air than brain in the head, but she's also able to resolve ridiculously complex mathematic problems in a matter of seconds and invent wonderful machines. Her ultimate creation are 3 dolls that resemble her physically, although they're not exactly the same, and a machine that, combined with her powers that manipulate space-time, she's able to transfer her soul to those dolls, but each doll has a particular personality, which is similar to the original, but change according to the personal experiences of each doll. Like I said before, my current image of her is a little less childish and colorful, but still has the spark 😄 .

8 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

She's not angry though; just sassy.

What she's doing is taking selfies. Also, it's hard to see, but Melody doodled her and her friends on her paper, as well as a cloud and a sun with a smile.

14 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

She's not angry though; just sassy.

What she's doing is taking selfies. Also, it's hard to see, but Melody doodled her and her friends on her paper, as well as a cloud and a sun with a smile.

Owww, that's sweet ^_^. Since you haven't posted a coloured drawing, I've wondered what's the hair and eye colour of the 4 girls.

On 4/29/2020 at 12:25 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

Owww, that's sweet ^_^. Since you haven't posted a coloured drawing, I've wondered what's the hair and eye colour of the 4 girls.

Red or orange for Lumina with hazel eyes, Ramona gets green eyes, and Cecilia blue eyes and blonde. Melody will be a surprise.

Anywho, this weekend I drew this for a pal's birthday:

lZLCPc4.png

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 8:33 PM, Horu Ishayuki said:

I have a challenge for anyone willing to accept it: Draw Horu in your style.

Not saying this is guarantee that someone would take up the challenge (honestly I've been having trouble doing other requests I accepted a while ago as it is xD )
but I'm gonna have to ask what Horu looks like, and/or where it is from (if applicable).

6 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Not saying this is guarantee that someone would take up the challenge (honestly I've been having trouble doing other requests I accepted a while ago as it is xD )
but I'm gonna have to ask what Horu looks like, and/or where it is from (if applicable).

20200421_004227.thumb.jpg.25baa9ce3fd882ae555078e655c45960.jpg

here is a concept.

Typically, he has dark hair (style however you see fit) and typically wears black boots/shoes, blue pants, gray-ish t-shirt and a black hoodie. His backpack is usually black or gray with a single strap. The mark over his left eye is the Eye of Horus. If you're in the mood, his duel disk looks like a feather.

• Like 1