Le Crayon Corner~

Sleepy

10 hours ago, Yami Kiniko said:

@The Nyx Avatar has goblin hands in his profile pic.

Also @Sleepy, are you a boy or a girl? I want to know so I can make some fanart.

No. That's just the Ritual Spell for the video game Cosmo Queen. If you see my profile, you'll see Cosmo Queen.

10 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Oh wow, how did I miss an entire 15th page of content of my own club until now? xD
@Horu IshayukiI remember that frog Pokemon concept art. From what I understand the final evolution went through some changes along the way? xP

[/insert Goblin Slayer reaction here]
Why is it a Goblin though? 

Random trivia but...
Iirc, this was Nyx xD
latest?cb=20110711161203

Oh that looks awesome. DM's school uniform. The hair color makes me think of Botan from YuYu Hakusho xP
I thought you were planning a comic or something haha.... Looks very much like the Yugioh style... That's something I have trouble capturing for some reason haha....

Hey! A least someone remembers.

Thanks! Based on what CowCow said that the mascot should be an anime girl to and quote "attract the weebs", I thought an anime girl would make a good mascot for the forum. Moreso given how she relates to the card game the site's based on. The hair color I used is the hues of cyan used on the site (Neo Card Maker).

I'd happily make a comic, but...some of these drawings on my tablet take hours to draw.

As for capturing the Yugioh style: I just have reference images in different layers. So that I know what colors to use and how the eye should look.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

I know at the very least that you get terrifying when playing arcade KoF xD. Anyway, getting an evil counterpart from Kiniko is something that eventually happens in YCM, heck, there was one time when Kiniko believed I was a girl and my counterpart was a dark queen or something. I was actually fine with that, btw, what happened to her, @Yami Kiniko?

Revolution. "Dark Queen Rayfield" became "Demon Girl Rayfield"

15 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Those colors are super smooth. The ball at the floor is like an assignment from art class xP
Today has been a pretty active day for the art group n.n

Thanks a lot for that comment ^_^. I'm also happy that the club is getting lively

Also, @Horu Ishayuki, you really had to give Horu his "YuGIOh!" hair, right? That design on the cheek must be his duelist mark, right? I always supposed it was in his hand, like a Master's from Fate.

@Yami Kiniko Haha, so that means my counterpart got demoted from Queen to Girl? Oh well, what to do xD.

7 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Also, @Horu Ishayuki, you really had to give Horu his "YuGIOh!" hair, right? That design on the cheek must be his duelist mark, right? I always supposed it was in his hand, like a Master's from Fate.

Nope. It's on his left eye but yeah, I wanted a more Yusei-ish look for him since Yugi is a dweeb, Jaden has ADHD, and the protagonists after Yusei are all pretty much dorks. So yeah, it was the best way to represent his "no schits given" attitude.

*Sigh* Not again, Kiniko. I think many people before has asked you to read the rules. You cannot post links to your stuff in other people's topics, it's not polite to do so. What's more, this link leads to another drawing club posted in someone else's drawing club, can't you see that's wrong?

Just now, Rayfield Lumina said:

*Sigh* Not again, Kiniko. I think many people before has asked you to read the rules. You cannot post links to your stuff in other people's topics, it's not polite to do so. What's more, this link leads to another drawing club posted in someone else's drawing club, can't you see that's wrong?

Its not 100% a drawing club, but ok. I will try to remember.

This is technically still a sketch even though I added color for the sake of information on it.
Here's an old character of mine called Dulce.
The style I currently use for my personal project is one that won't allow her to show the red eyes she had, but I guess that's a cost I gotta do in order to successfully incorporate her into it xD

pnchU5t.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sleepy said:

This is technically still a sketch even though I added color for the sake of information on it.
Here's an old character of mine called Dulce.
The style I currently use for my personal project is one that won't allow her to show the red eyes she had, but I guess that's a cost I gotta do in order to successfully incorporate her into it xD

Reveal hidden contents

pnchU5t.jpg

Oh goodness, she's really pretty, but the picture kinda saddened me a little. I don't think it has much to do with this. but this picture made me think of tsukumogami, you know, those Youkai that originally are objects who are discarded and on their hundredth "birthday" they gain a spirit and become sentient. You'd probably think what the hell any of this has to do with your character, but it's because of these girls from Touhou Project. They're tsukumogami, their musical instruments (a Biwa and a Koto, respectively) came to life and gained the shape of girls (like everything in Touhou xD). In a sense, they're treated as some kind of demon, and I'm seeing that Dulce is probably an undead, seeing how her hand is revealed to be a skeleton when light touches it. But when you say "your personal project" you mean Patsy's, or is something else entirely? I don't see why she cannot have red eyes, but you must have your reasons 🙂 

9 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Oh goodness, she's really pretty, but the picture kinda saddened me a little. I don't think it has much to do with this. but this picture made me think of tsukumogami, you know, those Youkai that originally are objects who are discarded and on their hundredth "birthday" they gain a spirit and become sentient. You'd probably think what the hell any of this has to do with your character, but it's because of these girls from Touhou Project. They're tsukumogami, their musical instruments (a Biwa and a Koto, respectively) came to life and gained the shape of girls (like everything in Touhou xD). In a sense, they're treated as some kind of demon, and I'm seeing that Dulce is probably an undead, seeing how her hand is revealed to be a skeleton when light touches it. But when you say "your personal project" you mean Patsy's, or is something else entirely? I don't see why she cannot have red eyes, but you must have your reasons 🙂 

Yeah, Patsy's
I call it the "Witch & Pyro" project xD
She can have red eyes still, but she can't show them because all the characters have dot eyes as it is. I could try to fill the inside with red but it'd probably look weird.

She is an assistant Grim Reaper. There is a personification of death that spreads its work to cover many areas/regions smoothly and rotates employees, while the main reaper itself cannot actually cross to the side of the living. This girl here is in charge of the region were my characters' town is located, and is on duty only during the month of October. She's good at poker-facing and keeping calm and collected with co-workers and on daily life, but is a lot more relaxed and kind when she's actually interacting with ghosts and souls to be guided. This is more like her in her private time, giving a little concert at the graveyard for those who haunt the place. 

2 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Yeah, Patsy's
I call it the "Witch & Pyro" project xD
She can have red eyes still, but she can't show them because all the characters have dot eyes as it is. I could try to fill the inside with red but it'd probably look weird.

She is an assistant Grim Reaper. There is a personification of death that spreads its work to cover many areas/regions smoothly and rotates employees, while the main reaper itself cannot actually cross to the side of the living. This girl here is in charge of the region were my characters' town is located, and is on duty only during the month of October. She's good at poker-facing and keeping calm and collected with co-workers and on daily life, but is a lot more relaxed and kind when she's actually interacting with ghosts and souls to be guided. This is more like her in her private time, giving a little concert at the graveyard for those who haunt the place. 

I angrily and earnestly protest that Patsy is not considered for the project's name, albeit I'm aware she's not one of the MCs. I demand to talk to the creator 😠 , or else I won't buy the comic.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

I angrily and earnestly protest that Patsy is not considered for the project's name, albeit I'm aware she's not one of the MCs. I demand to talk to the creator 😠 , or else I won't buy the comic.

Well, I do admit she's gotten a bigger role as plans keep being made and I world-build xD
Though, is it only because she looks cute? xP 

1 minute ago, Sleepy said:

Well, I do admit she's gotten a bigger role as plans keep being made and I world-build xD
Though, is it only because she looks cute? xP 

She's not only cute. She has an interesting past, strange powers (rainy stuff, which could be considered a curse, but who knows) and likeable personality: sweet and timid, but ready to destroy a punching bag at anytime xD.

1 minute ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

She's not only cute. She has an interesting past, strange powers (rainy stuff, which could be considered a curse, but who knows) and likeable personality: sweet and timid, but ready to destroy a punching bag at anytime xD.

Oh but you haven't seen the stuff the others have going on xP
Especially this one: 
YG6e51d.jpg

3 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Oh but you haven't seen the stuff the others have going on xP
Especially this one: 
YG6e51d.jpg

Haha, I'm eager to know what stuff Sonnet and Autumn are up to, but I won't give up on the Patsy stuff. I will bury them in protest e-mails until they get fed up and make the comic "The Magical Mystical Mythical Adventure of Patsy and friends" except for the Magical Mystical Mythical Adventure which sounds horrible xD. I just hope they're not like Game Freak, 'cause those guys just won't listen...

• Haha 1

Here's a very very rough draft. It's like the sketch in preparation for the actual sketch xD
It's a page 1 I've essentially planned out around 3 times with this attempt. 
I know it looks like it's just 2 panels without a ton of info being provided but I found it pretty hard to decide how to start. One of my older attempts had like 10 panels with a "waking up" sequence that probably was more similar to a storyboard for animation than a comic layout ^^"

Anyways... I'll try to alternate between this and the Pokemon drawings thread. I've been planning this project for literally years (as badly as the end product might end up becoming hahaha)....  I'm mostly working on the layout and figuring out how much info is too much of a dump and how much is too little. Flow of the page feeling awkward or hard to read... stuff like that is what I'm figuring out.

ZwPD7EF.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Here's a very very rough draft. It's like the sketch in preparation for the actual sketch xD
I know it looks like it's just 2 panels without a ton of info being provided but I found it pretty hard to decide how to start. One of my older attempts had like 10 panels with a "waking up" sequence that probably was more similar to a storyboard for animation than a comic layout ^^"

Anyways... I'll try to alternate between this and the Pokemon drawings thread. I've been planning this project for literally years (as badly as the end product might end up becoming hahaha)....  I'm mostly working on the layout and figuring out how much info is too much of a dump and how much is too little. Flow of the page feeling awkward or hard to read... stuff like that is what I'm figuring out.

Reveal hidden contents

ZwPD7EF.jpg

Yay, it's finally here, the rough of the draft of the sketch of the preliminary version of the first page of Patsy's Adventure! Strange... I'm not seeing our blue-haired MC anywhere xD. Now, leaving jokes aside, I've been watching this drawing for a while now... because it causes a strange combination of feelings in me. You know, even though it's obviously not my project or anything, I kinda get excited while seeing this, like when you start a new book and you enjoy the first two paragraphs and think "this might be good". Seeing how something that have been cooking for years in a person's mind and finally seeing the light in a physical form is something I enjoy. At the same time, I feel somewhat envious, because I'd absolutely love to be able to draw a manga, but in my current state that's impossible to do. So yeah, what's left to say is I wish you the best of success for your project.

p.d. Also, what's with Pyro's sleep mask? xD

Holy moly @BGMCANN0N, looks like Dr. Menguele had a go with these poor creatures. I have to pick Komortordragon as my favourite, although funnily enough it's the only one I'm not seeing how the pun works (the material). Siliconey should be the most terryfing, imo, that thing in it's mouth looks like freaking brain O_O

I've noticed before that you draw most of the time in sheets of graph paper. When I made my first drawings that I wanted to colour digitally, I avoided that so I didn't have to erase all of that, but I now that I'm a bit more knowledgeable of image editors I've come to understand that's not needed, right? I'm guessing you create a new layer and manually draw the lines, or maybe you use an entirely different method?

6 hours ago, BGMCANN0N said:

Yeah, I draw over the lines with my tablet on a different layer over the drawing (Photoshop)... And then I delete the initial layer (the original drawing on graph paper). And work on making good line art over the new layer overtime before I start adding color layers underneath my either perfect or near perfect line art.

Well, that's more planning than I do. I just put pictures for reference in different layers and try to recreate them the best I can (or at least certain pieces). The layers for the actual drawing consist of a minimum of two. The outline and color. Anything afterwards is usually for finicky little details (like the card my mascot that never was has!). Not the best approach, but it's what I know.

22 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Hide contents

ZwPD7EF.jpg

Hahah. That gave me a chuckle.

11 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Yay, it's finally here, the rough of the draft of the sketch of the preliminary version of the first page of Patsy's Adventure! Strange... I'm not seeing our blue-haired MC anywhere xD. Now, leaving jokes aside, I've been watching this drawing for a while now... because it causes a strange combination of feelings in me. You know, even though it's obviously not my project or anything, I kinda get excited while seeing this, like when you start a new book and you enjoy the first two paragraphs and think "this might be good". Seeing how something that have been cooking for years in a person's mind and finally seeing the light in a physical form is something I enjoy. At the same time, I feel somewhat envious, because I'd absolutely love to be able to draw a manga, but in my current state that's impossible to do. So yeah, what's left to say is I wish you the best of success for your project.

p.d. Also, what's with Pyro's sleep mask? xD

Don't undersell yourself. I'm sure you'd be able to do it. Everybody that does it improves along the way.
Then there's cases like the creator of One Punch Man (check out the web comic, not the manga that's based on it xD )

Also, oh god I hope I can meet those expectations haha....

Pyro is just like that. If I can pull this off right, her personality will lead me to what her actions will be...

10 hours ago, BGMCANN0N said:

So while I am waiting on Bluvista's response on potential design for his Pokemon... I figure I could post this archetype I had in mind for Yugioh:

Tackydermy       Wordplay=Tacky + Taxidermy

Basically they are poorly made taxidermy of animals put together with various adhesives like tape and glue... They are possessed to exact their revenge. Their names all correspond to existing adhesives or an object that utilize adhesives.

Tackydermy Duct-Duck-Goose

Reveal hidden contents

1183385632_DuckDuctGoose.png.d82639c0846d95cc66920f1c900ff67b.png

Tackydermy Efoxy

Reveal hidden contents

Efoxy.png.13a7d989be1dc1a6ee6e0a252c9ade3c.png

Tackydermy Fiberbass

Reveal hidden contents

Fiberbass.png.ba5e25f96e93fa9a5b92440c1eb25c93.png

Tackydermy Gluerilla

Reveal hidden contents

Gluerila.png.c924ca1ac7dc429d2b1341c0f38a51c5.png

Tackydermy Komortordragon

Reveal hidden contents

Komortardragon.png.a2fcc8545aec52b692bcb464e05e93f9.png

Tackydermy Maskingsnake

Reveal hidden contents

Maskingsnake.png.ac7f82ca3e5ad20c4e4e3ccc9b9fa9b4.png

Tackydermy Moosilage

Reveal hidden contents

Moosilage.png.d1d213f3b35d5ac1625ec7dd1e757996.png

Tackydermy Neoprawne

Reveal hidden contents

Neoprawne.png.e3a94344297a5ad0e34e74fd74a71bc3.png

Tackydermy Polymammothane

Reveal hidden contents

Polymammothane.png.0eaad7489d95295c5734fe5e887be533.png

Tackydermy Priceguneroo

Reveal hidden contents

Priceguneroo.png.f0a408d0d6a66ef4418ba260a27ddda6.png

Tackydermy Scotchtapir (top)   and Tackydermy Memolounder (bottom)

Reveal hidden contents

1033118554_ScotchtapirandMemolounder.png.b09c7c4885d8c4b529466271de17b587.png

Tackydermy Siliconey

Reveal hidden contents

Siliconey.png.9f903d255b4ee2836477bb77a8a28304.png

Holy crap this is a lot of drawings, and they all look like a lot of fun. I'm especially fond of the duct duck goose bandaging itself xD
Also Fiberbass looks like it opens its mouth and goes like "time a to slep with da fishes modafaker" and fires a gun (even though by the them it's the cap of a glue bottle most likely xD )

That's some serious amount of work, and they look so clean even though they are the sketches. 
I envy how active you've gotten with drawing lately.

3 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Well, that's more planning than I do. I just put pictures for reference in different layers and try to recreate them the best I can (or at least certain pieces). The layers for the actual drawing consist of a minimum of two. The outline and color. Anything afterwards is usually for finicky little details (like the card my mascot that never was has!). Not the best approach, but it's what I know.

Hahah. That gave me a chuckle.

Glad I achieved that reaction. xD