Le Crayon Corner~

Sleepy

This is an experiment following up from this thread.

Basically, this is a club for drawing.
It doesn't matter what your preferred style or your skill level is. Let us just have a good time.

If you wanna improve, we can try to give our two cents.
If you wanna push for a group project, collaboration, or a challenge of some kind, you can pitch the idea and something could come out of it.
If you just feel like sharing something you are proud of, that too.

Even if you have absolutely no previous experience drawing but are interested.

What is it? You ask why this has to exist when you can already post at the Showcase section?
Well, look at this as a sort of base, for more interaction and more of a "homie" feel.... *shrugs*

cpZiqDT.png

• Like 5

Might as well join this one. 

Don't have any recent hand drawings (well, least at the time of posting), but I have digitized versions of them thereof. 

http://sakurauchiha233.deviantart.com/ (I have some old stuff here, but I haven't uploaded for months/years [basically meh drawings of Ruka/Luna from 5Ds and I guess Naruto])

====

[spoiler=You saw part of this in Jord's chat earlier...]

Remember my Prancer avatar on Discord; the stock pic for that:

Sky_Flyer_-_Prancer_2.pngSky_Flyer_-_Prancer.png

Yeah, I guess you can have the RAW version too as an intro. I drew this at the end of 2015 (idk, around 2-3 am), so kinda old by now [no pen outline; just hard pencil lines].

====

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/348622-sakura-i-dont-care-that-the-winter-holidays-are-over/ (You can view the other 8 in here). There's also the companion Archetype, but will save that for a later time. In a way, most of my recent drawings are [rein]deer-related.

====

159875080.png

(Think you saw this one a couple years ago when I made the card for it. Forgot what I did with the hand drawing, but yeah, this was a vectored form.)

• Like 2

Did this last night. It's the main character for a story I'm writing.  Several things were unintentional; the lack of hands hands (just ran out of room), and the Jojo-esque vibe going here. I wanted the features to be less anime, and lean towards "realistic", and the result was Jojo-like lol. 

[spoiler=]

SCAN0015-2.5.png

• Like 2

Super glad to see such a good reception, and I'd like to reply to every post so far.

Just have been a bit tired from work this week.

Though I've been making preparations for my drawing something soon. I bought some new pens and checked up if any of my markers is in danger of drying up xD
I also, as much as it is an outrageously expensive purchase, have been contemplating on getting a light box, for a number of reasons.

Yeah I really like what people are posting~! So far my favorite is probably Sakura's 7 year old DA ID. Mmph, Grade A material lol.

Jokes aside, You can also make your own Light Box if you have stuff lying around. Whatever is cheaper.

I'm trying to get into the habit of drawing more often. Been really slacking. Currently doing a study on Kubo (cause bleach will always be my favorite anything ever.) and Toriyama, the way he colors is so... Toriyama... Coloring is another thing I'm working on.

Also for anyone that cares, I also recommend looking into the "For The Arts"/"People for the Arts" movement concerning budget cuts for the National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities.

(Maybe if this club keeps up and I do more stuff, my dA will probably be updated more often. Or hell, maybe do stuff on Pixiv because I have an account there too)

I'd like to draw more often, but stuff that gets in the way is obviously college and lack of interest; plus my limitations on drawing styles. (I can probably still draw Western style, but tend to not do so as much; thankfully I'm not in an art course at college).

Should start doing traditional pieces (or coloring them in by hand, as opposed to using Photoshop or something; though I digitize stuff because at least I can undo changes if I need to; hand-drawn, that's it). I have color pencils, but yeah.

I'll start off this multi-quoting post by saying: I am not the best at coming up with names so the club's name is more of a place-holder. If anybody has any ideas about a better one that'd be great xD

I just had my coffee this Saturday morning. Let's see what we have here.....

I don't have any recent pencil drawings to post, so I'm gonna repost one of my old Pixel Arts as a lil' intro poost, but I'll use this group as motivation to start makin' new things!

8vmXD4Q.png?1

That looks awesome! 

I can really picture it appearing in a 16-bit era game xD

That rock head I particularly like. It really looks like it has volume.

I have a tablet that I don't use nearly as much as I should so I might as well hop in here. Here, have a picture of Citrine, my gemsona

[spoiler=Oops this is big]tumblr_na2zg21pDd1r5ukuro1_1280.jpg

Don't feel bad about not using it enough.

I feel in alien territory when trying to draw digitally. I have a Bamboo tablet and I don't really use it...... *shrugs*

That's a pretty ambitious-looking whip design. I can probably guess it is meant to be more than just a whip.

Might as well join this one. 

Don't have any recent hand drawings (well, least at the time of posting), but I have digitized versions of them thereof. 

http://sakurauchiha233.deviantart.com/ (I have some old stuff here, but I haven't uploaded for months/years [basically meh drawings of Ruka/Luna from 5Ds and I guess Naruto])

====

[spoiler=You saw part of this in Jord's chat earlier...]

Remember my Prancer avatar on Discord; the stock pic for that:

Sky_Flyer_-_Prancer_2.pngSky_Flyer_-_Prancer.png

Yeah, I guess you can have the RAW version too as an intro. I drew this at the end of 2015 (idk, around 2-3 am), so kinda old by now [no pen outline; just hard pencil lines].

====

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/348622-sakura-i-dont-care-that-the-winter-holidays-are-over/ (You can view the other 8 in here). There's also the companion Archetype, but will save that for a later time. In a way, most of my recent drawings are [rein]deer-related.

====

159875080.png

(Think you saw this one a couple years ago when I made the card for it. Forgot what I did with the hand drawing, but yeah, this was a vectored form.)

I've seen a couple of your deer drawings, but it's my first time seeing the non-digitalized version of one.

I can see how it went through a few changes. Eliminated black outline and green inside of the ear, among other things. Or actually, if there was only the raw, I'd think that green is actually there as a shade of red. I find it interesting that the digital deer's background is also a little different... it's darker.

If I'm counting right, this is the third deer, counting the fuzzy-haired one in your sig and your avatar.

Same.

I'd still like to join, though.

Guess I'll share some of my drawings, too.

[spoiler=Show]
F2zwgYL.png

x2akCnD.png

d71UZzL.png

bInkWHd.png

JwND7Pp.png

fJqtJPN.png

Oh yes. Good ol' Miiverse drawings. Always love how cleanly you can make these. Mine always come up sketchy-looking and I've sort of come to terms with that xD

Did this last night. It's the main character for a story I'm writing.  Several things were unintentional; the lack of hands hands (just ran out of room), and the Jojo-esque vibe going here. I wanted the features to be less anime, and lean towards "realistic", and the result was Jojo-like lol. 

[spoiler=]

SCAN0015-2.5.png

Yeah that's definitely an expression that I could see in a Jojo chapter xD
Maybe it is the uniform or IDK, but it also kind of loosely reminds me of this guy:

[spoiler=This guy]

4LEuQbe.jpg

Yeah I really like what people are posting~! So far my favorite is probably Sakura's 7 year old DA ID. Mmph, Grade A material lol.

Jokes aside, You can also make your own Light Box if you have stuff lying around. Whatever is cheaper.

I'm trying to get into the habit of drawing more often. Been really slacking. Currently doing a study on Kubo (cause bleach will always be my favorite anything ever.) and Toriyama, the way he colors is so... Toriyama... Coloring is another thing I'm working on.

Also for anyone that cares, I also recommend looking into the "For The Arts"/"People for the Arts" movement concerning budget cuts for the National Endowments for the Arts and Humanities.

It is interesting how you mentioned Kubo and I posted a Sternritter's face in my previous quote of you xD

Gotta say, Bleach is not my favorite anything ever, but I have to admit when Kubo is inspired his art is amazing. Could see his in-between chapters posters from early Bleach volumes for a long time.

Hope to see you here more often. Our previous club for this is like 9 years old by now. Fog38's avatar in my friend list randomly stopped being a broken image in my friend list this morning. Yet she's not been around for like 3 years.

(Maybe if this club keeps up and I do more stuff, my dA will probably be updated more often. Or hell, maybe do stuff on Pixiv because I have an account there too)

I'd like to draw more often, but stuff that gets in the way is obviously college and lack of interest; plus my limitations on drawing styles. (I can probably still draw Western style, but tend to not do so as much; thankfully I'm not in an art course at college).

Should start doing traditional pieces (or coloring them in by hand, as opposed to using Photoshop or something; though I digitize stuff because at least I can undo changes if I need to; hand-drawn, that's it). I have color pencils, but yeah.

I need the same kind of motivation for my DeviantArt as well xD

Though for me it also doesn't help that I have almost 6000 notifications to go through before I can clean my feed..... 16 of which are notifications for my page, and 80% of which are usually llama badges.... *shrugs*

I have nothing much to do(except wait), so I'll be here occasionally. I'm at school, have something to show later.

We'll be waiting. Please come float with us =D

MM8MlT1.jpg

It is interesting how you mentioned Kubo and I posted a Sternritter's face in my previous quote of you xD

Gotta say, Bleach is not my favorite anything ever, but I have to admit when Kubo is inspired his art is amazing. Could see his in-between chapters posters from early Bleach volumes for a long time.

Hope to see you here more often. Our previous club for this is like 9 years old by now. Fog38's avatar in my friend list randomly stopped being a broken image in my friend list this morning. Yet she's not been around for like 3 years.

I need the same kind of motivation for my DeviantArt as well xD

Though for me it also doesn't help that I have almost 6000 notifications to go through before I can clean my feed..... 16 of which are notifications for my page, and 80% of which are usually llama badges.... *shrugs*

We'll be waiting. Please come float with us =D

MM8MlT1.jpg

Funny enough, Kubo was likely my first inspiration for my art style. But I will draw in other forms if I have a picture for reference or experimentation.

[spoiler=Show]

nxPYZeB.png

kGmgmHa.png

7tmdc3X.png

NpcFnLL.png

(Look; this one's even Rukia)

4p0qWXE.png

And speaking of sketchy...

[spoiler=Show]

My first ones

N2wE1Rq.png

iKxYwEx.png

(First one I ever made right here:

gphtpo4.png

• Like 1

Funny enough, Kubo was likely my first inspiration for my art style. But I will draw in other forms if I have a picture for reference or experimentation.

[spoiler=Show]

nxPYZeB.png

kGmgmHa.png

7tmdc3X.png

NpcFnLL.png

(Look; this one's even Rukia)

4p0qWXE.png

And speaking of sketchy...

[spoiler=Show]

My first ones

N2wE1Rq.png

iKxYwEx.png

(First one I ever made right here:

gphtpo4.png

I once went through your Miiverse drawings, but I don't think I got to the last one. You have so many of them xD

Love that Rukia one.

I'll take this chance to upload some of my latest... things:

89xISyd.jpg

OcoBqxK.jpg

e53StOp.jpg

vwYCkrb.jpg

bERhEwE.jpg

• Like 4

Yeah that's definitely an expression that I could see in a Jojo chapter xD

Maybe it is the uniform or IDK, but it also kind of loosely reminds me of this guy:

[spoiler=This guy]

4LEuQbe.jpg

Glad I wasn't drinking. Found this hilarious lol. I did like the sternritter's outfits, and probably was in my mind for designing that character. Bleach for sure wasn't the best, but I personally have few complaints. xP

Aster, Aster.... I just found an amazing DA gallery.

I know you have this custom Pokemon project going on, so maybe you already know of this member, but I felt compelled to post this anyways just in case xD

http://coonae.deviantart.com/gallery/

Omg, I love it, definitely needed the inspiration xD. Me and this person should definitely be friends~

The only fellow Pkmn Fangame designers I watch and talk to are Midnitez-REMIX who's working on like 1000 games, all more... eeehhh, "suggestive" xD. And Starrcasm who works on Ethereal Gates.

Also I'm subbed to the topic so I'll be here checking out everyone's stuff.

Other than just wait for drawings or just posting mine, I also wanna leave some challenges up over time for anybody that might want to do them. I'm gonna start with one I had mentioned before making this club:

Pokemon Drawing, with 3 variations:

A ) Choose an existing Pokemon's typing (and design) using the types you get.

B ) Make a fakemon (with its evolutions if you want to/if it has any) out of the types you get.

C ) Fuse 2 Pokemon

You have feedom to choose what to draw specifically, but if you feel like just leaving it up to luck: Go to THIS page, set the settings to Min=0 Max=18. Click on it twice, and look at what each of your two results is in this list, that will be your types.

0 None

1 Bug

2 Dark

3 Dragon

4 Electric

5 Fairy

6 Fighting

7 Fire

8 Flying

9 Ghost

10 Grass

11 Ground

12 Ice

13 Normal

14 Poison

15 Psychic

16 Rock

17 Steel

18 Water

If you want to select a random Pokemon, set the page's settings to Min=1 Max=802 and see what you get. That'll be the Pokedex number of what you will draw. This is the full pokedex:
https://pokemondb.net/pokedex/all

Alolan Forms, Alternate Modes like Shymin's/Giratina's, Mega-Evolutions, and whatever variations there might be in your result, that'll be up to you to base yourself from if needed...

- - - - -

Anybody up for something like this? 

• Like 1

Doing my own challenge from the previous post

I got Psychic/Fighting, and decided to make a fakemon with it.

This paper is so thin that it'd be pretty much pierced by my copics if I tried to color it, but anyways xD

[spoiler=Drawing]

W29GSDN.jpg

It has a Mandala on its back and his physical punches are short and fast, but not the strongest ones.

They are a guide that parallels the direction of punches delivered through psychic abilities for a much bigger range.

Mostly uses its psychic powers to deliver blows like that as it only requires to use its ability on intervals of seconds for the split moment of impact, as opposed to maintaining concentration for longer periods of time for things like levitation.

• Like 1

I got Electric/Psychic... So I made a weird diamond pattern cheetah cat thing with a floofy squirrel tail... xD

It runs at speeds over 90 mph and uses telekinesis to shred and destroy obstacles in its way. It stays energized by using its tail to absorb power from near by electrical sources in a 70 yard radius.

Not something you want having around.

[spoiler=Floofy Tail Thunder Cat]

20170402_163156_1_2_kek_by_asterrmon259-

• Like 1

I'll try to do the challenge when I get time (considering my break is over now), but yeah.

(As for the deer stuff, I technically have the raw drawings for all of them; I just rendered out the pencil forms and modified it in PS, so the background itself is not hand drawn. But as far as YCM goes, yeah. [i still have the raw from my current avatar pic])

Hi there. Drawing is funny. I like drawing.

Too bad this is what happen when I do.

609647martian.png

The linework is obviously sketchy but the color helps a lot.

The red arms remind me of a certain team of fighters at Dragon Ball Super's current arc xD

It's not really bad at all.

• Like 2

Hi there. Drawing is funny. I like drawing.

Too bad this is what happen when I do.

609647martian.png

The linework is obviously sketchy but the color helps a lot.

The red arms remind me of a certain team of fighters at Dragon Ball Super's current arc xD

It's not really bad at all.

Cauchemar the Green confirmed for Universe 11.

Linework seems stylized, I kinda like it. Shading is nice, and I see some crosshatching in there, so I can't say you're bad. Cut a deal with Madhouse or pitch a spin-off with Toriyama and you're in lol.

• Like 1

Haha thanks to both of you  :Kappa:

Tbh, that was one of my first drawings with my tablet (that I didn't use to draw since then), and it was soooo frustrating not being able to handle that thing, so that's why you can see those full-of-wrath lines :B

Well, now that I look again, that smile doesn't make it look like drawn under the influence of anger and frustration :B

Edit : Finally, there is some creepy feeling from his smile.

EDIT : traditionnal drawing

can you see the face ?

1491303182-img-20170404-124549.png

• Like 1

Haha thanks to both of you  :Kappa:

Tbh, that was one of my first drawings with my tablet (that I didn't use to draw since then), and it was soooo frustrating not being able to handle that thing, so that's why you can see those full-of-wrath lines :B

Well, now that I look again, that smile doesn't make it look like drawn under the influence of anger and frustration :B

Edit : Finally, there is some creepy feeling from his smile.

EDIT : traditionnal drawing

can you see the face ?

1491303182-img-20170404-124549.png

Tbh, this one looked like just giverish at first glance, but after you mentioned the face I saw a blond middle-aged man with a mustache and gotta say, that's a pretty cool effect xD