Mod count [Serious]

Sleepy

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aix had a decent history of modship before the couple years leading up to that.

So is the goalpost that you have a couple of years trial?

I think we have too many deadbeat mods

Before the last firing wave, what were Rai and Aix doing in the end days? What is smear and night doing. People get in and they stay. That's largely why the trial period for Jr mod is such a joke. Aint nobody not getting promoted

So is the goalpost that you have a couple of years trial?

I think we have too many deadbeat mods

Before the last firing wave, what were Rai and Aix doing in the end days? What is smear and night doing. People get in and they stay. That's largely why the trial period for Jr mod is such a joke. Aint nobody not getting promoted

I'm literally not saying anything about any of that please stop trying to drag me into a discussion I'm not having.

Sakura asked RPers how Zai is doing as RP mod. I told him.

I think you forget I am one of the few who actually did call for people to be axed.

Bigger question...what about Night...you and flame are super active, but is Night?

He's still here, but as most of you already know, he does have a full-time job and cannot always be around to moderate (or Showcase more/less doesn't require too much supervision lately considering inactivity). But he has been here lately floating his thoughts about recent events and how to move forward in the future pertaining to things.

When Night's around, he puts in an effort to add to discussions and figure out what's the best way to do stuff. (To be frank, that latest pitch was made by him)

(Just to be clear, nothing specific pertaining to that has been worked on yet, and does not mean that we are going through with it.)

RP is hard to specifically "improve" because we mostly self-moderate ourselves. He hasn't had as much time as Aix had but he is at least on the same level generally.

From what I recall, a few other vets said that he doesn't address stagnation in the area. Though as I don't look at the area much, if at all, I cannot confirm if this is true or not at this time.

I'm literally not saying anything about any of that please stop trying to drag me into a discussion I'm not having.

Sakura asked RPers how Zai is doing as RP mod. I told him.

I think you forget I am one of the few who actually did call for people to be axed.

There should have been a 

in there, only the first q was to you

He's still here, but as most of you already know, he does have a full-time job and cannot always be around to moderate (or Showcase more/less doesn't require too much supervision lately considering inactivity). But he has been here lately floating his thoughts about recent events and how to move forward in the future pertaining to things.

When Night's around, he puts in an effort to add to discussions and figure out what's the best way to do stuff. (To be frank, that latest pitch was made by him)

(Just to be clear, nothing specific pertaining to that has been worked on yet, and does not mean that we are going through with it.)

From what I recall, a few other vets said that he doesn't fix some of the stagnation problems in the area; something Yui apparently does. Though as I don't look at the area, I cannot confirm if this is true or not.

Very fair, but my question is "is having a full time job an excuse to not being an active mod"

People like Dad step down when life gets busy, why can't others

tbh RP is more active than its been than in any of the time I've been in it. There was a time I remember we had like 10 RPs on the page at a time.

It's mostly due to the members themselves. As it was in the past as well.

Edit: Not to say it can't improve, just that it's not in dire straits.

I've not forgotten. It's not personal either. I just want people to justify their modship. It's not like Sakura is my biggest fan, but I'm not calling for his demodding

In my exp, the main activity drivers on YCM have been TCG/OCG and debates general in recent years

And we badly need a PR mod

Dad should probs get a second in command there, and we should debate the whole PR mod thing

If anyone has a plan to get Clubs up and running again, there's merit there too

Modship should be merit based, not a place you get into and just stagnate in

I'm legit starting to wonder how much of the anti-Zai is not actually a joke. 

IDK how particularly bad or good he's been, because I haven't really studied his actions as a mod during this time.....

Ehh, disgusted how he came into power, but that's about it

I mean, I'm still a full time undergrad student in CEE doing mid-level 300-level courses / coupled with lab leader stuff for ethnic studies, but I do have time to come on and handle matters when needed.

If you can balance your real life out with your moderation duties, then you can stick around. (It's not an all-day commitment, but contribute to the major staff discussions and retain order in your section.) Taking a few days off is fine, but just make sure you tell us so we can cover for you in the meantime.

However, if it gets to a point where you're frequently absent from discussions / don't log on for extended periods of time, then yeah, it may be time to pass your position on. To be fair, Rai and Zextra were removed because of this, even without a note from them.

====

Dad withdrew for a time because his real life was getting hectic; you have to ask him for those details yourself.

====

As for Custom Cards, there's not much I can do about the cardmaker for obvious reasons. I have some ideas in mind for events in there, but that's dependent on whether/not you guys will be interested in doing so and if it can work out in the long run.

If it were solely up to me, I would've addressed Zai or other inactive mods at present and dealt with them accordingly (but you know that it isn't, even if I can literally promote/demote other staff members to full power). I will note that Smear is being looked into at the moment.

Question is, for RP guys, how much improvement has he made in the section? As PR, yeah, not so much.

I've heard less-than-good things regarding Zai in RP, mostly in that he is a completely unreliable host.

Apologies if these sound like weasel words, but I'm going off of secondhand information here. His RP's generally die very quickly, usually because he just does not commit to his RP's. He seems to lose interest very quickly, and the RP's die unceremoniously. His recent "Of Monsters and Myths" RP was only just now officially abandoned on Skype.

Generally speaking, if he's not good at maintaining his own RP's, I'm not quite sure about letting him oversee the entire section. He seems extremely hands-off. The most I communicate with him is in a Skype chat for Merciful Idiot's Grand Crossover Roleplay, where Zai is generally… dismissive towards the RP itself.

Prior to his promotion, Zai's involvement in roleplays was the primary criticism I had heard against him. I'm not against him being a moderator at all, but I do think that if he is to be assigned to any particular section, RP does not suit him. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I cannot think of which section I do want him to supervise.

Now, I don't think any of that actually answers your question. To be honest? I don't think he's done anything to improve the Roleplay section. He seems very hands-off. I'm not sure what he actually contributes to that section as a moderator, if anything. That said, I think his merits as a Roleplay host and his merits as the Roleplay moderator should be judged individually.

In Night's case it's not days or even weeks sadly

April 27th

May 20th

May 25th

June 23rd

July 30th

Aug 10th

Aug 18th

October 9th

November 25th

Those are his recent post dates, there are members who have made more posts than him in the last day than he has in 8 months

I've heard less-than-good things regarding Zai in RP, mostly in that he is a completely unreliable host.

Apologies if these sound like weasel words, but I'm going off of secondhand information here. His RP's generally die very quickly, usually because he just does not commit to his RP's. He seems to lose interest very quickly, and the RP's die unceremoniously. His recent "Of Monsters and Myths" RP was only just now officially abandoned on Skype.

Generally speaking, if he's not good at maintaining his own RP's, I'm not quite sure about letting him oversee the entire section. He seems extremely hands-off. The most I communicate with him is in a Skype chat for Merciful Idiot's Grand Crossover Roleplay, where Zai is generally… dismissive towards the RP itself.

Prior to his promotion, Zai's involvement in roleplays was the primary criticism I had heard against him. I'm not against him being a moderator at all, but I do think that if he is to be assigned to any particular section, RP does not suit him. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I cannot think of which section I do want him to supervise.

Now, I don't think any of that actually answers your question. To be honest? I don't think he's done anything to improve the Roleplay section. He seems very hands-off. I'm not sure what he actually contributes to that section as a moderator, if anything. That said, I think his merits as a Roleplay host and his merits as the Roleplay moderator should be judged individually.

This brutally honest, and I'm impressed you actually wrote it. Thought you'd bat for your pal, but jeez

It's sufficient enough; more/less wanted an idea of what he does in the section because I don't go into RP, despite wanting to at a later date.

If Zai reads this, he can use this to see what needs to be improved with himself.

This brutally honest, and I'm impressed you actually wrote it. Thought you'd bat for your pal, but jeez

When I "endorsed" him, I had some of those thoughts back then, but I put them aside because I thought voicing those thoughts would have been in bad faith. Now can you please drop your obsession over him being my "pal"?

It's sufficient enough; more/less wanted an idea of what he does in the section because I don't go into RP, despite wanting to at a later date.

If Zai reads this, he can use this to see what needs to be improved with himself.

I'll admit that I myself have a relatively limited presence in RP. As I mentioned, I'm mostly going off of hearsay, so if other people who participate in Zai's roleplays - or are at least more familiar with his activity in the section - can pitch in, I think they might offer a better idea of what Zai, you, and the rest of the team can evaluate.

When I "endorsed" him, I had some of those thoughts back then, but I put them aside because I thought voicing those thoughts would have been in bad faith. Now can you please drop your obsession over him being my "pal"?

I'll admit that I myself have a relatively limited presence in RP. As I mentioned, I'm mostly going off of hearsay, so if other people who participate in Zai's roleplays - or are at least more familiar with his activity in the section - can pitch in, I think they might offer a better idea of what Zai, you, and the rest of the team can evaluate.

I thought you were friends, I apologize if that was not the case

https://forum.yugioh...-2#entry6993307

Let's be honest at least now, you're not getting demodded. You were selected by the mod team. They has "high hopes for you" - ie, you're not going anywhere.

Let's dispel with that notion. They've kept less controversial and inactive mods than you on.

Now that's done, if you think your method works, then do something I guess. I haven't seen your new method yet.

The problem WAS how you were selected, the problem now IS what you've done (or rather not done) for your trial period. Your explanation defending Evil for promoting you doesn't answer the criticism. At least not regarding my point.

I'm curious why you were promoted to mod after not doing anything in your trial period. Giga's problems (if they remain) are separate. The problem in the future WILL be if you continue as you have in the last month.

Yes you were busy, so was Birdie. She stepped down. You did not. She did stuff actively while she was around. I'm still waiting to see what people claim you did during the same period.

Dismissing everything negative about as a witch hunt will only make that more likely to pass. Them blinders helps no-one

You were given a chance in your trial period, and you're being given a second chance now it seems. Please don't squander it. I'm asking more than ordering; even if you do squander it, nothing is gonna happen to you or your position. YCM just won't improve. 

If he doesn't do sheet and/or doesn't do it well I'll personally demote him. 

Now you can stop worrying that nothing will happen because I'm far too prideful to go back on my word. 

Damn I'm good

I thought you were friends, I apologize if that was not the case

I really do not want to throw him under the bus (Oops, too late), but it honestly bugged me how much you harped on me as if there was some kind of favoritism going on. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt in spite of my personal feelings, but in the end, it became yet another example of how I supposedly abused my power. Funny how trying to be objective somehow still ended up backfiring in my face.

I really do not want to throw him under the bus (Oops, too late), but it honestly bugged me how much you harped on me as if there was some kind of favoritism going on. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt in spite of my personal feelings, but in the end, it became yet another example of how I supposedly abused my power. Funny how trying to be objective somehow still ended up backfiring in my face

Pretty sure you were Demodded by the time Zai was modded? Pretty sure.

My frustration with him comes more towards Evil (who defended his promotion even after a poor trial period), Night who made a big deal about vouching for him post promotion. And whoever else on the mod team now who thinks the quo is fine

I mean people made a big deal for me pushing for Hina/Brightflame/Val1ne/Black/Giga being modded cause they were my "friends"...you just gotta ignore that sheet

That's one way to look at it. Other way to look at it is, you're being objective, and I'm kinda impressed you were willing to do that

Given the vague rules and their wildly inconsistent enforcement throughout the site's history with no signs of that ever changing in the future, the fewer the mods the better.

Moreover, mods should not feel pressured under threat of demotion to use their mod powers where use of their powers wouldn't help matters. Demotion should primarily be for misuse of mod powers. 

Pretty sure you were Demodded by the time Zai was modded? Pretty sure.

My frustration with him comes more towards Evil (who defended his promotion even after a poor trial period), Night who made a big deal about vouching for him post promotion. And whoever else on the mod team now who thinks the quo is fine

I mean people made a big deal for me pushing for Hina/Brightflame/Val1ne/Black/Giga being modded cause they were my "friends"...you just gotta ignore that sheet

That's one way to look at it. Other way to look at it is, you're being objective, and I'm kinda impressed you were willing to do that

No, I was still a part of the mod team while Zad was promoted. Granted, he was PR Mod at the time. I can't recall if he was moved to RP before or after Black and I were both kicked off the team, but I'm pretty swear that the primary reason for the arguments between you and I hinged entirely on me being mod, and that affecting the outcome. You saw it as another example of me abusing my power, and repeatedly held it against me. If you have (had?) issues with Evil and Night, I will not dispute those. I'm only talking about as what I saw as you holding a grudge against me for "rigging" the election in Zai's favor.

#PowerToBirdie

Not even a shitpost. Call it nepotism if you want, but she showed her capability in the month she was a mod before having to step down, and the team at this time needs someone like her. Don’t call it PR if you don’t want to, but she has an interest in keeping the members informed of major ongoings, while being someone personable that people can come to when much of the current team isn’t.

Night and Dad have both expressed approval of her recently, and I think she would fill the niche of someone willing to slow processes to think them through as well as being a personable and approachable team member.

On a more topic relevant note, I concur with Roxas about Zai. I wanted him to succeed even when members thought he wouldn’t... and he just didn’t. Friends in RP are none too fond, and his attempts at PR usually ended in telling people to shut up/they were being shitty/etc. I feel he has been an active detriment to the team, further forcing a divide that was meant to be bridged by his role.

I cant speak for others, but I thought of PR as member first, mod second. Someone to go to with concerns, someone to speak on behalf of the community. That’s just my ideal, but I definitely feel Zai was much more a mod first, member never.

I've said it once, I'll say it again (of my own accord and for my own reasons): if Birdie wants back in, I'm personally ready to welcome her back.

If a piece of sheet mod like me can take a breather for real life concerns and still be back on staff, then she most definitely can.

Besides, this team is a funking sausage fest. We could use fresh eyes and someone who has been on the opposite end.

Archived