Mod count [Serious]

Sleepy

Whatever the case of how Zai has been doing as a mod, so far it feels like he has sadly failed as PR Mod. Not necessarily fault of his own, exactly, but, while I can't be sure from a small sample size, it feels like he doesn't hold much trust/confidence/approach-ability compared to others. As far as the position goes.

He isn't necessarily a bad mod overall but I do think that it would be good for him as much as anyone to be able to distance himself from the "PR" position.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whatever the case of how Zai has been doing as a mod, so far it feels like he has sadly failed as PR Mod. Not necessarily fault of his own, exactly, but, while I can't be sure from a small sample size, it feels like he doens't hold much trust/confidence/approach-ability compared to others.

He isn't necessarily a bad mod overall but I do think that it would be good for him as much as anyone to be able to distance himself from the "PR" position.

Iirc PR is only a title in name now cuz Zai was moved to rp.

Whatever the case of how Zai has been doing as a mod, so far it feels like he has sadly failed as PR Mod. Not necessarily fault of his own, exactly, but, while I can't be sure from a small sample size, it feels like he doesn't hold much trust/confidence/approach-ability compared to others. As far as the position goes.

We’re already pretty much doing this. Communication is something the team as a unit is working on now.

The mods staked their rep on Zai being a good PR mod, and he blew it

Why are you asking us to trust those same people to make more wonderful choices?

No you're not. That is a horrible business that operates at luxurious rates of employment, never actually happens when employment is already a necessity to maintain and cooperate with.

Well this is demonstrably false, people get fired all time time in sectors when they under-perform 

Why are you asking us to trust those same people to make more wonderful choices?

Because YCM operates fine where the need for a PR mod has no equated what it originally was meant for, since the mods do not work in uniform. Zai has done a fine job, but the job that original was put up did not require what was originally asked. YCM doesn't operate on some spectrum, it operates through individuals running it, where the PR mod doesn't need to collectively establish a voice. Instead, the need to moderate is where things fall in line. Stop acting like YCM is some government, it is a damn site that has no uniform structure and has no need to change itself when it doesn't consistently drive for growth or change.

Because YCM operates fine where the need for a PR mod has no equated what it originally was meant for, since the mods do not work in uniform. Zai has done a fine job, but the job that original was put up did not require what was originally asked. YCM doesn't operate on some spectrum, it operates through individuals running it, where the PR mod doesn't need to collectively establish a voice. Instead, the need to moderate is where things fall in line. Stop acting like YCM is some government, it is a damn site that has no uniform structure and has no need to change itself when it doesn't consistently drive for growth or change.

So Zai was hired under false pretenses? 

Apologies for the double post.

Winter, i’m gonna be blunt. You don’t get it. At all. Worse, you’re part of the problem.

YCM doesn’t need reform. It needs trust, communication, and civility. Getting rid of me will change nothing. Feel free to try and get me demoted, its not like there isn’t a case for it, but there will be another staff member on the radar in short order.

YCM needs to trust us and treat us well, not attempt to control us and scrutinize our every move.

We trusted the team and got you as our PR mod

I suppose I am a problem if holding people to their words is a problem

@Night

I'd actually be fine with even Roxas becoming a mod again, but I've not your level of "the fault is not with me, but thou" in anyone one else

Actually I am gunning for a few other mods

Smear hasn't posted in months, and individual members have posted more in the last 2 days than Night has in 8 months. Neither of which are acceptable 

Bruh. In a business, if you puttin up numbers on one front better than the other, I'm moving you not firing you.

Well you killed a few people's hopes on the way out. Same thing. So when you coming back?

This. Door’s basically open for you. Us Birbs should stick together.

Would want it done properly, if at all. Full discussion and everything, ya know? Prior announcement, a thread, whatever.

Members should be able to voice their concerns over it. If it's widely seen as a poor choice, then that's that. I ain't gonna try to force myself into a position where it's seen as a bad move overall.

If others think there isn't anything I can do, well, it isn't worth fighting mass opinion.

Well this is demonstrably false, people get fired all time time in sectors when they under-perform 

Underperform and doing different jobs aren't the same. You're confusing things

So Zai was hired under false pretenses? 

Sure, but that is just another term that means sheet, since he was hired for a purpose and role that had no pure definition or accountability to what it was supposed to do, as there was no recognition to how a PR Mod should operate. Zai made it his own and filled a role that was needed, not one that was requested.

Underperform and doing different jobs aren't the same. You're confusing things

Sure, but that is just another term that means sheet, since he was hired for a purpose and role that had no pure definition or accountability to what it was supposed to do, as there was no recognition to how a PR Mod should operate. Zai made it his own and filled a role that was needed, not one that was requested.

He underpeformed (or basically didn't perform) the job that he was supposed to do. And now is supposedly doing other things on Mod Forum. Judging by his comments here:

giphy.gif

The second part is bullshit since both Birdie and him were given the same prerogative, she did it and stepped down when she no longer could, he milked it

Winter you're hurting your point the more you go, eat a snickers, take a nap

Yeah, I'm going to class, we just got the office, trust big brother line. Someone else can deal with this mess (or more likely not do anything about it)

YCM doesn’t need reform. 

YCM needs to trust us and treat us well, not attempt to control us and scrutinize our every move.

Would want it done properly, if at all. Full discussion and everything, ya know? Prior announcement, a thread, whatever.

Members should be able to voice their concerns over it. If it's widely seen as a poor choice, then that's that. I ain't gonna try to force myself into a position where it's seen as a bad move overall.

If others think there isn't anything I can do, well, it isn't worth fighting mass opinion.

Wtf.  Woman, literally the entire board is clamoring to bring you back. Nothing official in the mod forum, but sheet I'll bring that up tonight.  So go head and put on ya Sunday best and I'll bring ya name up.

He underpeformed (or basically didn't perform) the job that he was supposed to do. And now is supposedly doing other things on Mod Forum. Judging by his comments here:

giphy.gif

The second part is bullshit since both Birdie and him were given the same prerogative, she did it and stepped down when she no longer could, he milked it

He didn't underperform with a job he was promoted do it. There was nothing to do with the mod, it was just a title and excuse. We don't need a PR mod in any form. Zai is fine as being a mod, and that is what YCM needs. Jobs change to do necessity not desire. We have no necessity for a PR Mod, so it would have just become a mod regardless of how much initiative someone put forth. Birdie was good, but she should have become a mod just the same, because YCM is stagnate and doesn't operate toward forward growth. It operates in spurs that change things, but resolve to just another place people come to hang out in. Nothing changes and nothing needs to change here.

Oh dear

I come back in the morning and my thread has turned into a serious discussion thread. I legit just wanted to know which mods are dead and which mods are active. I wasn't even asking for any heads or future developments since I figured the mod thread at the suggestions forum would be dealing with that. That's why this was made in Misc xD

A clear "If I contacted X mod, would they be around to answer?"  But since it's come to this, might as well.

One can say rgular members can never see all the stuff mods do. PMs, reports, warns, bans, Mod forum things we don't have access to. Which is why I deemed the most extremist #Downw/Duck posts a joke. I do expect that any mod alive will take care of those at the very least. 

If Zai does that much, I'd say a thread suggestion what the task and steps should entail needs to come before a beheading Zai topic discussion.
It was never super clear to me with apples and oranges what the position's reforms would entail other than being a two-way cable

A ) Talking about mod plans to regular members. Which often discussions are about private matters with members where third parties usually have no business with, or things a little bit too technically or insignificant to hold a public post about (which I can't quite imagine which, but it's not something I could rule out).

B ) Talking about regular members' opinions to mods, which is hard to get why mods would be in a separate ethereal realm high enough that they'd need a messenger to see said opinions, and posting in the mod forums is for things regular members aren't supposed to see so how can one voice commoners' opinions about something commoners don't know about?

So what's the revolutionary thing that Zai failed to do? Not necessarily on Zai's end, but.

I do thing Zai's election went on kind of similar to BrokeN's, so can't say people's concerns are coming from nowhere. One would think it'd be on Zai to make the announcement and let the topic sit open for a while. "We have X, Y, and Z candidates in mind, and this is NOT a voting thread, we just wanna hear what the community thinks". If Zai was busy, well, it can wait a couple more days, it's not like we weren't without Evilfusion or a replacement for a few weeks already. Just that ability to post with the rules clearly stated in regards to the actual effect of the discussion, I think would make a big difference.

I personally need to make it a habit from now on to check that transparency thread. I legit often forget it is there. I guess it is a good thing to have. I kinda imagined the transparency thing would come in the form of threads that aren't an "entry log and lock" list, but it is still fine thinking about it. It's not like all the topics listed warrant or want a thread of their own (like, Yui would have made a thread if Yui wanted to do so, like Zextra did when he quit). And it's not like they'd be THAT much easier to notice in the form of a separate new thread if I wasn't already looking for them. This one's more on my end to keep a note on.

I need to dig up Birdie's plans from when she got elected. I'm sure she made a thread somewhere....
While I wrote this post, a page and a half of posts got created..... This is gonna take a while to catch up.

We need regular recall elections every 6 months. 

Mods will run on clear policy proposals for sections they want to moderate over

During the recall election, the incumbent mod is given an up or down vote if they get to remain as mod for the section they want to moderate over

If yes, continue for another 6 months, if not, new elections held

Voting rights should be limited to members who are active in the section.  I have no right to choose who the RP mod is, Cowcow really doesn't have much right to choose the TCG/OCG mod

The only way the "problem is with thy, not me" ideology Zai espouses goes away is if the mods realize they work for us...if your life sucks, that's sad, quit and let someone who can do the job properly take over. 

Yeah no that leads to way too much mess and forcing term limits will just force mods to appeal to certain people. Sometimes mods need to do unpopular things to make sheet work. And I don't know that enough of YCM can have the responsibility needed to vote like that.

Who said anything about forcing term limits, it's more about accountability than focus on new faces on the team

Pretty sure Evil would win re-election everytime he ran (cuz you know, he actually does sheet). Right now, there's no way to hold the mods accountable. They just morph around and shift blame and responsibilities 

I think we should take these argument threads and discuss what you people want the protocol to be like on the scenarios that bring out the most complaints, so that we get to stop with the repetition of "you didn't do things like I wanted you to".

Solutions, not fights.

and I think the communication should be prioritized over wanting to fire staff members as a subject, and be civil and stop pointing fingers, so that both sides actually feel like a compromise can be reached without dumb extremist measures. Don't unify a bunch of members to riot and don't unify the mods into not wanting to listen to you.

Yes one can't ever make absolutely everybody happy, but let's not be radical, people.

Archived