Mod count [Serious]

Sleepy

Didn't think you'd want modship again

I was most definitely joking.

In truth, these days, I operate best as a hands-off supervisor. PR requires constant communication and collaboration, which are areas I am actually terrible at. My time as a Super was spent mostly just overseeing the bigger picture, which could lead to me missing smaller details in situations. I was there when I was needed, but I'd despise the minutia that goes into public statements.

Hell, I wouldn't even need to be a mod myself. If I'm able to oversee discussions and decisions, offer input, but ultimately just let the rest take care of itself, all is fine.

...which is why I felt it best to retire. My input and such is most reliable when I do it willingly, rather than out of obligation. Heck, I've been more involved with these recent discussions this past week than during most months prior to retirement.

Also...I'm pretty sure Giga was the one I vaguely remember being the most "get rid of Sakura". I at least THINK he's the one I absolutely flipped out on in one PM that was sent to me and Night on Christmas.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well the pm we had immediately after was when we talked sheet out, but it was basically

"YOU WILL NEVER BE A MOD AGAIN"

"I DON'T WANT IT ANYWAY IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING funk YOU"

It's always fun to hear/see the uber-rare situations where I actually flip out.

Its rarity makes it have so much more impact.

oh sheet we C&S now

Um I mean yes we must discuss the tax plan for the shop

That means no more shitposting >.>

Oh so there was a second mod against sakura? Nai was obv, but felt there was a second guy pulling strings

The 'riot against sakura' was my doing, but I pretty much just set the thing up and watched the forum catch on fire.

My PMs calling for demotion we're about other mods.

Just to put it out there, let's not drag Sakura down after he's come so far.  What is in the past should be in the past.  I think he would appreciate it if he didn't get his name dropped when he's not actively a problem nor has he been for a while now.

And if I may, I'd like y'all to refrain from letting this sheet get wild again.  

I'll be real and say Zai got real heated.  It was heavy-handed and while I understand why he got angry, can you really blame him?  He's not PR anymore.  I coulda sworn there was an official announcement when he was moved to RP but if not, he did say he was gonna do it himself.

So if you really want a PR Mod that badly and Birdie (whose name I forgot to drop in mod forum cuz I was playing Destiny I'm sorry forgive me) is willing to come back, would you be appeased if she was reinstated as a moderator?  

Disclaimer :  That's hypothetical.  While Birdie's support (filthy support mains) is great, there has NOT been an official discussion on her anywhere on the mod forum since she was last elected.  So supporting her reinstatement here does not mean it will suddenly be instantaneous.  

Blame the mod forum. Every post is worth 1 million points. If you ever see mod points sky rocket its because we are talking about something.

Shh! They might find out I still have access to the mod forum if they're watching my point count!

No I can't understand. 

Mod after mod vouched for his caliber as PR mod, not for RP (that was my idea after Evil gave him a promotion despite him flopping the trial period).

I did not see that caliber, just as I and others suspected. Mod Musical Chairs isn't ok 

I don't even know what you want anymore.

Check that. I DO know what you want. You've made it unambiguously clear what you want. I just lack the capacity to grant that desire, nor do I see the benefit in doing so.

Also, I thought the transfer happened a while ago. Possibly when the site was on Winter break. *shot for bad joke*

Shh! They might find out I still have access to the mod forum if they're watching my point count!

I don't even know what you want anymore.

Check that. I DO know what you want. You've made it unambiguously clear what you want. I just lack the capacity to grant that desire, nor do I see the benefit in doing so.

Also, I thought the transfer happened a while ago. Possibly when the site was on Winter break. *shot for bad joke*

I want Night, Smear, and maybe Zai if RP cannot give a ironclad reason why they need him, to step down

I want Bree remodded as PR mod. I want TCG to hire a second mod as compromise and give broke a chance. Ideally that would be sleepy or black for me. 

I want Hina to get her fair shot at general mod, and not get ax'd cause some mod dislikes her

shall I go on?

I want Night, Smear, and maybe Zai if RP cannot give a ironclad reason why they need him, to step down

I want Bree remodded as PR mod. I want TCG to hire a second mod as compromise and give broke a chance. Ideally that would be sleepy or black for me. 

I want Hina to get her fair shot at general mod, and not get ax'd cause some mod dislikes her

shall I go on?

Out of curiosity, why would TCG need a second mod? Compromise for what? Broke is having his chance. It's much harder to take note of how an individual mod is doing in his new position if there are two "new" faces running the section.

I don't even know if Hina got unfairly axed last time. I seem to recall she actually had a really good chance, but I'm foggy on details. Didn't Dad win that one? No wait, he was Debates, wasn't he? Hmm...yeah, don't remember, but I don't think she got unfairly excluded.

Out of curiosity, why would TCG need a second mod? Compromise for what? Broke is having his chance. It's much harder to take note of how an individual mod is doing in his new position if there are two "new" faces running the section.

I don't even know if Hina got unfairly axed last time. I seem to recall she actually had a really good chance, but I'm foggy on details. Didn't Dad win that one? No wait, he was Debates, wasn't he? Hmm...yeah, don't remember, but I don't think she got unfairly excluded.

I voted in favor of Hina if that's what you're wondering.

It's always had 2 hasn't it? You were consistently there. Nai filled in during the reign of Klav 13-14 range, Koko stepped in after that, then Nai again. If anything it's only recent that there's been 1 mod (you) for TCG

Because people don't trust broken. I don't see a huge issue eitherway. C'mon, you're a smart dude, when has ANYONE ever failed the trial period? It's really not a thing lol. I've wanted Sleepy to mod TCG for a LONG time now. If you look in the theory section, she was always really cool with her ideas on how to modify the game. I've been a fan for a couple years now. Black just knows his sheet even if he can be a jabroni, not very controversial 

Nop, Dad and Black pushed for Hina actually, Dad was modded long before the PR situation. I'd have to find my pms, but certain individuals mentioned to me that Hina had no chance because certain mods didn't want her on the team

I didn't push Hina. I knew it wasn't an avenue that would lead to fruition, even if I believed in her myself. I apologized to her for it a ways back.

My apologies, I'll correct that.

For the record, Black was not the one who told me Hina was a dead end, but more point to the case that it was a sunk endeavor 

I forgot for a moment that Dad was already a mod. I thought you were General mod. I now remember you advocating her. And I don't think I vetoed her as an option, so it was more likely a general consensus among the mods that her...particular qualities made her difficult to wholeheartedly endorse over other options.

Yes, I am aware of the shortcomings of the trial period essentially being a formality with nothing else at stake. I'd like for that to be corrected for the future. I'd also like to see maybe a LITTLE more risk with candidates. Not terrible options that are definitely not right, just more options from the middle ground.

And I don't have anything against Sleepy as an option, I'm just skeptical that TCG needs 2 mods. Technically, even when I was TCG mod, I barely did anything, and one of other mods usually handled things when I was at work or similar. I imagine a single, dedicated mod would be sufficient.

Thing with Sleepy is she's had some truly amazing idea over the years

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/forum/53-yu-gi-oh-banlists-and-theory/page-3?prune_day=100&sort_by=Z-A&sort_key=last_post&topicfilter=all

Page three and before. I'd love to put her in a position where she can bring more attention to them so it's not me and black and a few others commenting. She'd be a nice contrast to Broke. N personality wise. Idk...I've always felt there were 2 mods active in TCG, but maybe that was just mods who played YGO rather than TCG mods

See that consensus idea bothers me. Does Night and Sakura really know what's better for General than the 5-10 peeps who churn out 30 posts a day in General? IMO no

Thing with Sleepy is she's had some truly amazing idea over the years

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/forum/53-yu-gi-oh-banlists-and-theory/page-3?prune_day=100&sort_by=Z-A&sort_key=last_post&topicfilter=all

Page three and before. I'd love to put her in a position where she can bring more attention to them so it's not me and black and a few others commenting. She'd be a nice contrast to Broke. N personality wise. Idk...I've always felt there were 2 mods active in TCG, but maybe that was just mods who played YGO rather than TCG mods

See that consensus idea bothers me. Does Night and Sakura really know what's better for General than the 5-10 peeps who churn out 30 posts a day in General? IMO no

Yeah, there's always only been 1 "official" TCG mod. Pika for a long time, and then me when she retired. There's usually 2-3 mods that frequent the section. (Black and Koko, Sakura to some extent, me, etc)

PLEASE keep in mind I'm making some of these comments PURELY off of my memory. I don't remember what the circumstances were for Hina not being chosen as a mod. I don't even remember who GOT chosen over her. But I remember one or two mods endorsing her as an option, and one or two other mods being hesitant because of her patronizing tone and word choice at times. It wasn't just "How well will that person be for the section?" but also "How will it be to WORK with them as part of the team?"

If you're potentially good at a job, but butt heads constantly with your coworkers, that's more problematic than if you're so-so at a job (with room for improvement) but have a great rapport with your colleagues.

I've said it before - mods look at more factors when reviewing candidates than the members necessarily have to think about. I also have conceded that the criteria might be too rigid, or make too many assumptions about a member's character based on past events or a general perception of an individual.

I've gotta put a note here:

I don't particularly know how being a mod would help me push those game-alteration ideas in a different manner than as a regular member. People keep having the same freedom to be engaged with any ideas there or to just say next. Also, those idea threads more often than not go largely unnoticed (which hasn't stopped me from posting random ideas over the years) so I don't think it'd be a good idea to further push them in any way xD

From the ideas I suggested, the one that stuck around longer was the one that turned into Chance Format (I wonder if anybody remembers that, Pika was still a mod back then). That one ended up annoying a handful of members that kept seeing the tag.

Though, thank you for the complement there Winter.

Yeah and my view is your role as mod of x section is to look out for regulars in x section, not get buddy buddy with your new establishment friends. We have differential views on what a mod should do, so not shocking our criteria for choosing them varies

You either misunderstand me, or you are deliberately warping what I said.

As a moderator, you are part of a TEAM of moderators. You discuss issues with one another to make decisions that can affect the site as a whole. You don't have to be buddy x buddy with everyone, but you have to be able to have civil conversations and debates with the rest of the team. If you are constantly picking fights, being misinterpreted (due to being overly patronizing or using unnecessarily complicated terminology that mask your meaning) or otherwise struggle to have such discussions...that makes it harder to work with you as a member of the team.

That was my original opposition to Hina a long time ago. I have described her phrasing and tone (to her, no less) as being "me taken up to 11, and then twisted a little more". I use larger or more precise vocabulary, and reveal very little emotionally. But Hina was on a whole other level with that, to the point where I could barely understand her, even if I used a dictionary on every word I didn't recognize. It was nearly impossible to have even a NORMAL conversation, much less one where the goal is to understand one another's perspectives of an mundane situation.

It has gotten much better, but it's not difficult to see why this type of extreme personality might rub people, members and mods alike, the wrong way.

It's been noted that the team can be extremely dysfunctional when it comes to communicating with one another, in addition to members. Why on earth would it be surprising that someone who is naturally difficult to communicate with in even the most basic fashion might not be an ideal option?!

Archived