Mod count [Serious]

Sleepy

We need regular recall elections every 6 months.

Mods will run on clear policy proposals for sections they want to moderate over

During the recall election, the incumbent mod is given an up or down vote if they get to remain as mod for the section they want to moderate over

If yes, continue for another 6 months, if not, new elections held

Voting rights should be limited to members who are active in the section. I have no right to choose who the RP mod is, Cowcow really doesn't have much right to choose the TCG/OCG mod

The only way the "problem is with thy, not me" ideology Zai espouses goes away is if the mods realize they work for us...if your life sucks, that's sad, quit and let someone who can do the job properly take over.

Alright! Let's begin with that then:

- Six months - Up and Down Vote:

Is there a particular reason it's six? If it's an arbitrary line in the sand I'd hate to see a bad month or a bad week get a good mod kicked out.

Worse, I'd hate to see a section go to sheet because someone was completely beholden to the other members.

Yeah, you should be good to your fellow members... but what if a majority of a section are all stupid trolls? Or just a small but very very vocal subsection of people?

You'd end up appeasing the small but vocal subsection at the expense of legitimate commentors. The good commentors would end up leaving and then you'd be at the whims of a bunch of trolls. It's too easy to game the system, as a troll.

And then it's too easy to game the system as a mod. You would have incentive to keep in power instead of actively working towards helping their fellow members.

"John, Jane and Jeff are trolling, but Jane's my friend and John and Jeff are probably gonna vote against me next week. Let's give 'em a one week ban!"

I mean, not to that extreme of course but when you focus more on getting people to like you instead of doing your job, it's gonna be terrible.

Exhibit A: US Congress

- New Election:

How will the new election take place? Is it a simple everyone votes for everyone kinda thing? That's not gonna fly well at all.

I can't really say too much here since you haven't proposed how this will work, however I get the feeling you want it to be a simple first past the post election. Winner take all. Highest votes wins.

The problem is that you end up with a candidate that a majority of the vote doesn't want. If you have Apple, Banana and Cucumber as candidates and 33 people vote for Apple, 33 for Banana and 34 for Cucumber, sure you got the "most popular" winner, but you've pissed off 2/3rds of the board.

We did something similar back with written cards I believe a long long time ago and it was funking awful. I think there were like 10 candidates and the "winner" got like 3 votes.

- Limting voting to active members:

Who determins activity? Some sections are naturally more active than others. What stops someone from just becoming a bit more active in a section a week before the election then hiding once the election is over?

If mods determine activity, then they get to choose their own voters and that's no good.

I know it seems like I'm being a huge jabroni and trying to sheet on your parade here, however if you do really feel that strongly towards it, I suggest revising your idea or fleshing it out a bit more or putting more thought into it.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I'm sorry. I probably shouldn't post here, so I'll just cite a few things and then be on my way. If any of this is out of line, then I apologize in advance for any disruptions.

I would appreciate if people looked through all of these threads.

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/361311-do-you-believe-in-jews/

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/361313-do-you-believe-in-muslims/

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/363048-chechnya-allegedly-opens-prison-camps-for-homosexuals/

https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/366034-when-you-control-all-the-goyyim/

Throughout each of these threads, it was made clear that certain content and behavior was not acceptable. Granted, some of the warnings were directed more towards Shard than Enguin, but that really shouldn't make a difference. If Shard was told that he was out of line, then Enguin should very well have known that his behavior would be held to the same standard.

No one is asking anyone else to read minds. This isn't hitting Enguin with a random ban and then coming up with the justification after the fact. This isn't making up a rule for the express purpose of banning him. He was involved in some of those threads, and had already been told then and there that such behavior was unacceptable. If he continued acting in such a manner, then he was willfully, purposefully, and knowledgeably violating the warnings he had been given.

It wouldn't be enough to say that Enguin should have known better. Enguin did know better, and yet he continued with his behavior. If the mod team has deemed it appropriate to permaban him, then Enguin had received plenty of clear warnings. As far as I can tell, nothing the mod team did was underhanded, extra-judicial, or done behind closed doors. Enguin has no one to blame but himself for choosing to behave in such a way that would get him permabanned.

Holy lack of context 

There were a bunch of thread "do x exist" that was a YCM fad. Pretty sure I had one made about me too. You over reacted, as usual, to the point where another mod had to reprimand you. 

Enguin didn't even post in the 3rd thread

Nor the last. Maybe the one who should read those threads...is you?

This was flame's warning to Shard: "Shard, I warned you. I told you if you kept up the anti-semitism I would perm ban you and you haven't stopped. Even when you kept it up I delayed it because I don't want to permaban anyone. But you refuse to learn. You refuse to stop. Anti-Semitism has no place here. Hate has no place here. And despite being told to stop you continue to do it. A line needs to be drawn and your refuse to stop crossing it. "

It left no doubt as to what Shard was allowed or not allowed to say. I'd love for you to point out where Enguin was given a similar courtesy that the team was viewing his comments specifically as anti-semetic. Hell, even if we accept that you were a fair mod who sets an example, much of your posts could have been taken as a warning to posters like me and snatch who actually participated in the first two threads instead of a random OP and lack of engagement afterwards. When Yui later banned Enguin for the Sakura thread, he listed a litany of issues he had with Enguin (some valid, the others not so). AS was not one of them.

Let's look at what Enguin said "We've all heard the stories but I've never seen convincing evidence of their existence" "Misc is no place for serious discussion." are you honestly telling me that's you dastardly proof that enguin is an anti Semite?

Try again:

Pica

I have responses, but I also have a final tomorrow. I'll respond to you within the week. 

It's a little bit weird seeing the last bit of the topic focus on Enguin's ban, while the Enguin's ban thread stayed behind.

Was there a point where the threads got mixed up? xD

Not that I have much else to say in the matter. Hardly know  Enguin past his Misc thread where his fake mod adventures at discord were told.

It's a little bit weird seeing the last bit of the topic focus on Enguin's ban, while the Enguin's ban thread stayed behind.

Was there a point where the threads got mixed up? xD

Not that I have much else to say in the matter. Hardly know  Enguin past his Misc thread where his fake mod adventures at discord were told.

Supposedly yes, or the entire drama pertaining to this incident made certain users take up their arguments here. 

But yeah, just going to drop in now and request that anything pertaining to Enguin's ban is to be taken to the other thread, not here. Keep this thread only for general moderator business.

Enguin didn't even post in the 3rd thread

Nor the last. Maybe the one who should read those threads...is you?

I believe he's saying "read these topics as examples of times the YCM mods have said anti-semitism is not tolerated", as opposed to "read these topics as examples of something Enguin did"

BUT ENOUGH ABOUT ENGUIN

Smear -resign

Night - resign - 

YCMaker 

Falling Pizza resign

Yui is stepping down

Zai - resign

Sakura - need to train new mod team, so no immediate resignation

Dad - recall

Flame Dragon - need to train new mod team, so no immediate resignation

BrokeN - not sure, likely resign and proper election held

For all of us that don't follow YCM politics, is it possible to get a rundown on why you feel these mods should resign? Please note, I'm not asking to be talked down to like I'm retarded. I'm legitimately trying to understand your position and if you can't get someone to understand it then the normal working class YCM-ers won't support it.

I believe he's saying "read these topics as examples of times the YCM mods have said anti-semitism is not tolerated", as opposed to "read these topics as examples of something Enguin did"

BUT ENOUGH ABOUT ENGUIN

For all of us that don't follow YCM politics, is it possible to get a rundown on why you feel these mods should resign? Please note, I'm not asking to be talked down to like I'm retarded. I'm legitimately trying to understand your position and if you can't get someone to understand it then the normal working class YCM-ers won't support it.

Yes, and as I mentioned the main mod that was freaking out was Roxas, and he got reprimanded for overreacting. Contrast Roxas's post with Yui's fairly calm "Keep it friendly kids"

Night made less posts over the portion of my 6 Month ban than some members make in a day. He was very very inactive. 

Smear even more so

Zai - got into modship based on very sketchy circumstances. When even his closest backers questioned how well he was doing, he went on a public rant and blamed the users. In the process getting panned by supers, fellow mods, and regular users.

He was picked as PR mod in a sham election, then he was promoted despite most of the PR stuff being done by his partner who then stepped down. Night vouched on his word that he would demote Zai if things didn't change. PR is at a historic low, the PR mod has been abolished, and now Zai is RP mod. It feels like musical chairs contrived to get his foot in the door

I have to explain the idea behind recalls in more detail, and I will as promised. Dad is mainly to show the system could work. I'm disgusted with how he handled enguin's ban (and I don't intend to let up on that), but other than that, he's been perfect

Broke. N cussed out a user for a YGO card choice among other things. When confronted with the Enguin affair, he was extraordinary condescending to the userbase. I'm not thrilled with him, but that's not really a reason to be demoted (yet). 

Falling Pizza hasn't done sheet since Crab days

Most of YCM actually doesn't disagree. Aix's last post as mod specifically asked for Night (and I think Smear, but not sure) to resign, and was widely agreed with. Even Zai's most ardent backers, like Cowcow aren't thrilled with him. I'm abrasively persistent, but not that far out of the mainstream

Most of YCM actually doesn't disagree. Aix's last post as mod specifically asked for Night (and I think Smear, but not sure) to resign, and was widely agreed with. Even Zai's most ardent backers, like Cowcow aren't thrilled with him. I'm abrasively persistent, but not that far out of the mainstream

I was against Zai as a mod before you and have multiple times brought up my issues in public, to the mods, and to Zai. You need to get your facts straight before you say these things.

Hell I even had a thread about it.

I was against Zai as a mod before you and have multiple times brought up my issues in public, to the mods, and to Zai. You need to get your facts straight before you say these things.

Hell I even had a thread about it.

You urged me and everyone else who was on a warpath to give him a chance. Same as a number of others that are no longer in that camp. The end matter is his support has soured to a degree

You urged me and everyone else who was on a warpath to give him a chance. Same as a number of others that are no longer in that camp. The end matter is his support has soured to a degree

I urged that because it's logical. The fact you described it as "warpath" shows how bad it was. Stop using my name when you apparently forget what I've actually said and done please.

Yes, and as I mentioned the main mod that was freaking out was Roxas, and he got reprimanded for overreacting. Contrast Roxas's post with Yui's fairly calm "Keep it friendly kids"

Was there a status update I'm forgetting about? Because the only person who got reprimanded within the threads themselves was Zai. Black reprimanded Zai for locking a thread without explanation, and so I provided an explanation.

Please leave me out of this thread. You bring me up every chance you get. I think everyone else knows by now how much we don't like each other, so beating a dead horse is not helpful to this topic. This thread is supposed to be talking about the current team, right? Then maybe stop dwelling on my actions, and instead, maybe focus on the people who are still mods.

Was there a status update I'm forgetting about? Because the only person who got reprimanded within the threads themselves was Zai. Black reprimanded Zai for locking a thread without explanation, and so I provided an explanation.

Please leave me out of this thread. You bring me up every chance you get. I think everyone else knows by now how much we don't like each other, so beating a dead horse is not helpful to this topic. This thread is supposed to be talking about the current team, right? Then maybe stop dwelling on my actions, and instead, maybe focus on the people who are still mods.

If it were black, I would have said it was black.

I'm not the one who brought age old posts into the mix to try to frame Enguin for a joke OP

You were a pretty important mod when this whole situation went down back in the day. And you honestly deserve credit for the push to reform the team

I'm quite happy to leave you out of it from now on, as you noted, you're not a mod anymore

Alright! So let's get this sheet organized instead of just playing a game of "nou":

You believe the following mods should resign, and you give the following reasons:

Smear - Inactivity

Night - Inactivity

Falling Pizza - Inactivity

Yui - Already stepping down?

Sakura - Needs to train new mods?

Dad - Needs to go to a recall election?

Flame Dragon - Needs to train new mods?

Zai - "got into modship based on very sketchy circumstances. When even his closest backers questioned how well he was doing, he went on a public rant and blamed the users. In the process getting panned by supers, fellow mods, and regular users.

He was picked as PR mod in a sham election, then he was promoted despite most of the PR stuff being done by his partner who then stepped down. Night vouched on his word that he would demote Zai if things didn't change. PR is at a historic low, the PR mod has been abolished, and now Zai is RP mod. It feels like musical chairs contrived to get his foot in the door"

BrokenN- "Broke. N cussed out a user for a YGO card choice among other things. When confronted with the Enguin affair, he was extraordinary condescending to the userbase. I'm not thrilled with him, but that's not really a reason to be demoted (yet).

SO! Question(s) time!

inactives

For those that are inactive what section do they actually mod? Or is everyone a Super Mod and everyone handles everything?

For those that are inactive, if they became active again would all be forgiven?

For those that are inactive... do they even show up enough for us to give a sheet about them? If we unmodded them right now, would they even realize it?

Need to train new mods/recall

... What specifically does that mean? They'd stay on as mods and then... what? Cross that bridge when we get there?

People that actually may or may not have legitimate gripes against

Please be specific and try to limit your opinion here.

Zai:

- When you say "sketchy circumstances" what about it did you (or did anyone?) find as sketchy about it?

- Fun public rant topic: Got a link to it? I don't read the YCM Gazette daily so if you can link to it and "let the users decide for themselves", I'm more than ready to read. I loves me some drama.

BrokeN:

- Re: Cussed out a user - Is that worth being demoted? What lead to events and what specifically did he say.

- Re: Enguin - See above.

Is that all accurate? Does anyone agree or disagree with this assessment?

LASTLY: Instead of a reckless "repeal and replace"... is there any opposition to just adding more people?

Alright! So let's get this sheet organized instead of just playing a game of "nou":

You believe the following mods should resign, and you give the following reasons:

Smear - Inactivity

Night - Inactivity

Falling Pizza - Inactivity

Yui - Already stepping down?

Sakura - Needs to train new mods?

Dad - Needs to go to a recall election?

Flame Dragon - Needs to train new mods?

Zai - "got into modship based on very sketchy circumstances. When even his closest backers questioned how well he was doing, he went on a public rant and blamed the users. In the process getting panned by supers, fellow mods, and regular users.

He was picked as PR mod in a sham election, then he was promoted despite most of the PR stuff being done by his partner who then stepped down. Night vouched on his word that he would demote Zai if things didn't change. PR is at a historic low, the PR mod has been abolished, and now Zai is RP mod. It feels like musical chairs contrived to get his foot in the door"

BrokenN- "Broke. N cussed out a user for a YGO card choice among other things. When confronted with the Enguin affair, he was extraordinary condescending to the userbase. I'm not thrilled with him, but that's not really a reason to be demoted (yet).

SO! Question(s) time!

inactives

For those that are inactive what section do they actually mod? Or is everyone a Super Mod and everyone handles everything?

For those that are inactive, if they became active again would all be forgiven?

For those that are inactive... do they even show up enough for us to give a sheet about them? If we unmodded them right now, would they even realize it?

Need to train new mods/recall

... What specifically does that mean? They'd stay on as mods and then... what? Cross that bridge when we get there?

People that actually may or may not have legitimate gripes against

Please be specific and try to limit your opinion here.

Zai:

- When you say "sketchy circumstances" what about it did you (or did anyone?) find as sketchy about it?

- Fun public rant topic: Got a link to it? I don't read the YCM Gazette daily so if you can link to it and "let the users decide for themselves", I'm more than ready to read. I loves me some drama.

BrokeN:

- Re: Cussed out a user - Is that worth being demoted? What lead to events and what specifically did he say.

- Re: Enguin - See above.

Is that all accurate? Does anyone agree or disagree with this assessment?

LASTLY: Instead of a reckless "repeal and replace"... is there any opposition to just adding more people?

Does it make a difference? If they're inactive, does it really matter if they mod a certain section or are a super? They're not doing their job either way

Ideally yes. But we've seen this with Zai. When he gets called out for not doing anything, he'll show up for a few days, then vanish again. You would need to become active again, and stay active.

Smear likely wouldn't. Not really sure what Night does here give his hectic RL. It doesn't matter if they wouldn't notice. Being a benchwarmer isn't a mod duty last I checked

They'd stay on as mod since they're doing a good job. If the latter chances, we can deal with that bridge if we need to build it

Zai:

Dad announces a PR Mod position- a new trial balloon program and says the users will decide on it. People pitch in and reason why their choices should be selected

Highest Vote earned was Birdie, who was selected. Depending on how the votes were counted, #2 would have been anyone from Cowcow to Giga. Notably Zai only had like 2 votes total and showed up late into selection process. 

Yui and Giga get taken out in a circular firing squad. The mods secretly decide that neither will serve, but don't mention this to the public. They then select Zai. Zai's main benefactor, the disgraced mod Roxas, soon is fired for targeting users

Birdie does much of the PR push, and then resigns due to personal issues. She has assured the public they were voluntary. 

Aix makes a post before resigning calling on the mods to mass resign and clean ship. 

Zai is promoted despite not being active. I call it out (among others). Night stakes his reputation on  matter and says he will personally demote Zai if nothing changes. 

Fastforward 6 months, Dad and Yui largely take up the role of PR mod, but it's eventually abolished. Zai is defacto RP mod. A position he didn't run for. They basically played musical chairs with modship to somehow get and retain him on the team

Broke. N a number of people have described him as a jabroni and a prick. Veterans have said he's dismissive and condescending. He then vulgarly curses out a user for using a card he doesn't like. I think it shows a bad temperament. Mods should be above the frey, not get into the thick of the matters for every petty disagreement. The difference between a Roxas and a Black

Let me get you your links

https://forum.yugioh...-2#entry6993307

White, on 24 Mar 2017 - 4:54 PM, said:snapback.png

Let's be honest at least now, you're not getting demodded. You were selected by the mod team. They has "high hopes for you" - ie, you're not going anywhere.

Let's dispel with that notion. They've kept less controversial and inactive mods than you on.

Now that's done, if you think your method works, then do something I guess. I haven't seen your new method yet.

The problem WAS how you were selected, the problem now IS what you've done (or rather not done) for your trial period. Your explanation defending Evil for promoting you doesn't answer the criticism. At least not regarding my point.

I'm curious why you were promoted to mod after not doing anything in your trial period. Giga's problems (if they remain) are separate. The problem in the future WILL be if you continue as you have in the last month.

Yes you were busy, so was Birdie. She stepped down. You did not. She did stuff actively while she was around. I'm still waiting to see what people claim you did during the same period.

Dismissing everything negative about as a witch hunt will only make that more likely to pass. Them blinders helps no-one

You were given a chance in your trial period, and you're being given a second chance now it seems. Please don't squander it. I'm asking more than ordering; even if you do squander it, nothing is gonna happen to you or your position. YCM just won't improve. 

Night, on 24 Mar 2017 - 5:05 PM, said:snapback.png

If he doesn't do sheet and/or doesn't do it well I'll personally demote him. 

Now you can stop worrying that nothing will happen because I'm far too prideful to go back on my word. 

Flash Flyer - Sakura, on 29 Nov 2017 - 01:10 AM, said:snapback.png

It's sufficient enough; more/less wanted an idea of what he does in the section because I don't go into RP, despite wanting to at a later date.

If Zai reads this, he can use this to see what needs to be improved with himself.

Damn I'm good

Of course I’ve been reading this, and I have a few things to say.

Disclaimer before I do though. Usually I refrain from posting stream-of-conciousness responses like this to important topics because often i’m either busy with work or i’m not in the right frame of mind to respond objectively and/or politely. I’m making an exception this time, so sorry in advance. Some of this is going to sound angry, maybe even accusatory. And I might be digging my own grave too, but at this point I’d rather say what I feel I need to say and face the consequences anyway.

Anyway, where to start. RP, I guess.

Imma lay it out plainly, for those people who haven’t realized this yet or just plain don’t go into RP. RP does not need a moderator. All it needs is at least one person on the mod team who is a part of the section so that when mod powers are needed, someone who knows what they’re doing is in charge. The reason I say this is, plainly, that RP knows what they’re doing. The whole section is full of intelligent, kind, welcoming people who foster a spirit of collaboration and genuinely work with one another to help everyone improve. It self-moderates, its GROWING (Trust me, I checked) and I’m even going to go as far as to say that you can take just about any one of the regular hosts in RP and make them a YCM moderator. They’ve all got the skill set and the work ethic for the job (though my personal choices are all either on the team or retired from the team, funny how that kinda makes what I just said hold up, ain’t it).

“But then why do we even need you Zai?”

I suppose on the face of things you really don’t, but then again section assignments are simply our areas of expertise. Mods are supposed to help the site as a whole, after all.

“Zai, you don’t do sheet. Quit pretending that you’re any help to the site at large and go crawl back into your RP hole.”

The above is probably a bit harsher than the majority of you would phrase it, but I think I’ve got the gist of most people’s opinions. On a related note: for the record, if anyone’s still hung up on HOW I became a moderator, frankly, you can get over it. If the decision that was made almost a year ago, which I personally took no part in other than volunteering to be a moderator, is still coloring your opinion of me (and I mean me specifically), then you need to take a step back and realize that you’re being irrational. The election should no longer (or really have ever, if I’m being honest) have any bearing on your assesment of me as a staff member. I’ll even go out on a limb and refute the claims that I know are coming in response to this that that was never the case, and that I’ve somehow deluded myself into thinking that the community hasn’t been totally objective for the past 10 months. Look guys, gals, and those who identify somewhere in between, We’re all human and this is YCM, a community known for its irrationality. You’re not fooling anyone except maybe yourselves.

Ok back on topic. Matt as a mod. Oh yeah, spoilers, my name’s Matt. Figured I should use my real name to underscore how blunt/honest i’m trying to be, and for the record you can all call me that if Zai doesn’t tickle your fancy. Anyway...

I’ll give you the tl;dr first. Its only two sentences after all.

1. funk you, I do help the site.

2. I don’t do as much as I could be doing, and what I do often isn’t visible, or sometimes even tangible.

And I can already sense the incredulity. Don’t worry, I’ll explain.

Lets start with some of the things that you guys may or may not be aware of about me. Neither of these are meant as excuses, simply facts of my life that will help explain why I do (or don’t do) what I do and how I do it. The first one’s the simple one. Four days a week I work a hazardous, physically demanding job at a chemical plant. Management there is poor and so often i’m physically and emotionally drained, which means im not going to be doing much on YCM. This is part of why my rps seem to have trouble too, but that’s neither here nor there. Second up is that like a lot of us here I suffer from depression, and there plain and simply some days where I either can’t motivate myself to be here or it is unhealthy for me to be on YCM. Both of those hurt my activity (though for the record I should also say that I’m often checking in on the site at work).

There’s also the fact that a lot of what I do has nothing to do with actually producing site content. As I said above, RP is very low maintenence, and 9/10 times I’m assisting the team with developing ideas in the mod forum or answering PMs from users. I’m not silent, and I certainly don’t neglect to pay attention to what’s going on on YCM, despite what you may think. Simply put i’m just not the most visibly active member of the team. I have no one to discipline and really no big changes to make to my section.

Which brings me to my next point, and spoilers this probably where you’ll see most of my vitriol, because this is much more important to me than actually keeping my job as a moderator. Its also not entirely about me.

YCM, you treat your staff like sheet.

You really do, whether its because you dislike some of us or we take actions you don’t agree with, or even maybe because you’re bored and antagonizing us when we make decisions is entertaining. In my ten months on the team, in almost every case, any important announcement of ours is met with vitriol. We’re chastized at every opportunity, to the point that it seems less about improving the site and more about different members trying to control what we do or say. Sometimes its backhanded, other times its downright malicious, and I think its safe for me to say that I speak for all of the staff when I say that how you (yes, you, the members, not the staff) conduct yourselves with us creates an unhealthy, stressful, or even hostile work environment. And before you dismiss this as whining, remember that all of us are unpaid volunteers, who are only here out of a genuine desire to help YCM function. I want to make something perfectly clear about YCM’s staff as I have seen them firsthand: We’re not power-hungry, we’re not abusive (especially lately), we’re not malicious or spiteful, or even misguided, and it appears from my end that a lot of you think otherwise, and act accordingly. Straight up: stop it. You interfere with our ability to remain objective and efficiently do our jobs, all for the sake of “holding us accountable”. Accountable to what? We’re not here to lord power over YCM. We’re to keep it clean and friendly, and 100% of the time that’s what we set out to do.

If you ask me, this is symptomatic of problems that YCM’s community has always had, even waaaay back 9 years ago when I first became a member. All too often we resort to hostility and fingerpointing when we’re dissasitsfied, when in reality what’s actually going to help the community is trust and communication. Speaking of reality, here’s another fact that people seem to conveniently forget when dealing with the staff, and its so true that i’ll even go as far as saying its axiomatic. A member will never be completely satisfied with the site staff unless they themselves are part of it. We can’t make you happy, and its not really even our job to bow to your wishes. Staff are supposed to work toward the good of the site, not check and make sure what they do is ok with a vocal minority of members, who all on at least a very small level are doing what they do in order to exact some measure of control over the site.

Apologies if that turned into a rambling mess. Here’s basically what I want you to take from the above:

Leave the staff the funk alone and trust them to do their jobs. The crew we have right now are good people with good intentions, and the only thing all this posturing and faux politicking does is stir up feelings of anger and contempt on all sides. We don’t need oversight, because we are the oversight, and the people that came before us thought we were qualified to be that oversight.

Anyways, what does this mean in relation to me?

Well i’m not resigning, for one thing. This is a platform I can use to help people whom I consider friends, colleagues, and associates, and I have no intention of doing otherwise. I’m also going to take the opportunity to say (for the umpteenth funking time by the way) that my PM inbox, my skype, and my discord are always open. If you haven’t noticed by now, I love to talk, so nut up and come talk to me directly about whatever issues you have with me or the site or anything else. I can be rough and sarcastic, but ask anyone who considers me a friend around here, i’m a nice guy and I don’t mean any harm. I’m totally willing to level with people if they’re willing to come to me and do the same.

The caveat to the above, however, is this: to those who think I shouldn’t be here, i have only one thing to ask of you. Quit dancing around it and mumbling amongst yourselves and bring those concerns directly to the rest of the team. If only to prove with certainty that my coworkers do a way better job than almost any of you give them credit for. They’ll take a long, hard look at me and come to a resonable decision regarding my qualifications. And if the end result is me stepping down, so be it. I’ve got a list of cool people from RP whom i’m sure would do a good job.

EDIT: entirely unrelated to the above, but if birdie wants back on the team i’m all for it.

The Zai post 

Yui and Giga get taken out in a circular firing squad. The mods secretly decide that neither will serve, but don't mention this to the public. They then select Zai. Zai's main benefactor, the disgraced mod Roxas, soon is fired for targeting users

I can't speak the specifics for why Yui and Giga were not chosen for the position, but I would not described as a "circular firing squad" where the team "secretly" decided that neither will serve.

You really have no need to tie me to Zai's election. I posted my support for him, but you give far too much weight to that post. It did not tip the election as much as you seem to believe it did. I would hardly call myself his "main benefactor". The extent of my support was contained to that post where I endorsed him, unless I'm forgetting something more. You phrase it like I was running some great campaign or sabotaging the entire election on a continual basis, but it was seriously just that one post. That's it.

Your description of why I was kicked off the team it was a gross oversimplification that conveniently neglects context, and in particular, what specifically was the final straw, but more importantly, it's entirely unrelated to Zai. Judging by the larger point you're making, I have a theory, though correct me if I'm wrong. Your argument seems to be that, since I was Zai's "main benefactor", and I was fired, my endorsement somehow taints or discredits him purely by association. That because I was deemed unfit for the team, that somehow invalidates Zai as well. Whenever you bring up this election, it really doesn't seem like you're judging Zai. You're judging him with regards to your resentment towards me. Frankly, that isn't the least bit fair towards Zai. You've often spoken about how you see the current team as engaging in musical chairs. So I have to ask, do you consider Zai to be my successor, at least to a certain extent? Or that I passed the torch to him? Because if that's the case, that's… really stupid.

Basically, your argument seems to boil down to "Roxas rigged the election to groom Zai as his successor, and since Roxas was fired, Zai has lost as credible support, and no longer deserves a position." And that's really the problem. It doesn't matter what Zai does on his own, because you seem to be approaching this from a perspective where you somehow try to make this all my fault.

Going back to the particular segment Pika going from you…

"When even his closest backers questioned how well he was doing, he went on a public rant and blamed the users. In the process getting panned by supers, fellow mods, and regular users.

He was picked as PR mod in a sham election"

I'm assuming I'm included among those "closest backers". Given your obsession in tying the election to your "Roxas is the Boogeyman" narrative, I don't think I'm too far off there. In the election, I put aside personal feelings I had because I wanted to speak professionally, which is why I made a post in support of Zai. Then, when I later questioned how well he was doing on, you expressed surprise that I didn't support my "friend". And now I have no idea what else I'm supposed to say here.

If you can't separate me from how Zai got promoted, and if you still hold on to how the election turned out (And quite frankly, you're exaggerating how it was handled), then the real issue is that you just can't learn to move on. So learn to judge Zai on his own merits, and stop trying to make it about me.

Broke. N a number of people have described him as a jabroni and a prick. Veterans have said he's dismissive and condescending. He then vulgarly curses out a user for using a card he doesn't like. I think it shows a bad temperament. Mods should be above the frey, not get into the thick of the matters for every petty disagreement. The difference between a Roxas and a Black

What is even the point of that comparison at the end? Again, this is similar to my problem with your argument against Zai. You're not talking about Broken on his own merits. You're just trying to find ways to compare him to me.

To any mods, I apologize if this adds fuel to the fire. All I ask is that Winter follow through on when he said "I'm quite happy to leave you out of it from now on."

People who were in the running for the mod spot said things about other contestants they shouldn't have said publicly. That ended up getting a lot of people who had merit as a PR mod eliminated for either being petty or for being unfit for the job.

I don't actually disagree with that, my bigger concern is the mods never saw fit to say. X and Y have done this and that, so we don't feel comfortable with them. They kept it all hushed up

X took out Y and Y took out X

Zai had like 2 people support him Roxas, he leapfroged over a ton of people who had more votes than him. 

No? I was the one who suggested the idea in the first place that Zai be RP mod. I'm not judging him off your vote at all. I'm still contesting the idea that you didn't pull for him when the mods deliberated tho.

Musical chairs = give zai a job he's unprepared for, get his foot in the door, then cycle him through various jobs to keep him on the team. Making his original job a sham

Closest backers would honestly be the person that slapped me down and urged Zai to be given a chance to try to perform. You might qualify, but it seemed you were more commenting on merits of his roles R/P mod? Correct me if this is wrong

>inactivity

By what merit are we saying these people are inactive?

I merely ask because:
a) Mods can post in secret forums
b) Mods can do other things, such as updates to the board

I'm not retarded. I don't actually believe any of the mods are actually doing any of the above. I merely want a specific and measurable definition. "If a mod does not post publically within [x-amount of time] they should be considered inactive"

>Zai

Sounds like some kind of fuckery but... by what authority did Dad have to say "PR Mod election!"

A mod can chime in and make me look stupid if they want, but if this is just Dad announcing sheet spur of the moment it sounds like the whole election thing was a farce to begin with.

I asked for specifics and for limits on opinions, so I don't quite care for the tone of "Zai's main benefactor, the disgraced mod Roxas, soon is fired for targeting users"

What do you mean by Zai's main benefactor? Again, specifics. Disgraced mod Roxas? Again, keep your opinions limited. Reading that kinda makes me question the rest of your post as a primary source.

People who were in the running for the mod spot said things about other contestants they shouldn't have said publicly. That ended up getting a lot of people who had merit as a PR mod eliminated for either being petty or for being unfit for the job.

Bullshit. You can say anything publicly (within the context of the rules at least). If it was rule breaking nonsense, yeah mods should have cracked down. If it was... valid reasons a guy or girl was unfit for the job why would you NOT want them eliminated?

Zai had like 2 people support him Roxas, he leapfroged over a ton of people who had more votes than him.

I'm a little confused here...

1) Dad announces a PR mod spot.
2) Birdie gets the most amount of points.
3) You stated in another post: "Birdie does much of the PR push, and then resigns due to personal issues. She has assured the public they were voluntary."

So... I wasn't around or I wasn't paying attention around this time. Birdie won the "coveted" spot of PR mod and got to serve the team. Is this correct? If so, why are you bringing up Zai? Birdie won, she got the job, then she quit. Then some other sheet completely unrelated to any election happened. What's the sham?

I mean... unless you think Al Gore should have been the next president after W Bush or something.

If at all possible can I ask for like... specific dates? "This happened, then this happened" doesn't really fly. "Dad announced an election on [blank]. On [blank] this happened." None of this vague bullshit please. This is Comments and Suggestions, not Fanfics and RP. Save the story telling for later.

In a nutshell based on relevant discussion.

• Sleepy asking "who's still active among the staff members"
  • Discussion moves to discuss about Zai's inefficiency at his role and what he has actually done so far in the area.
  • Somehow, my past gets dragged up about my shortcomings. (I'm going to respectfully ask that it not be mentioned again, because things have changed since then)
  • Some members being adamant about the mods needing to resign and let fresh blood come in, for various reasons.
    • Notes about Dad being put in a "recall" because of how he was reassigned back to General after his absence. 
    • Some of you asking "what happened with PR", "why does it matter that certain mods are gone?", etc.

====

We already know about Night and Smear being inactive as of late, or not around as much as they should be. Night still exists as a 3rd voice of reason, but recall that he is busy with real life and other factors. Smear already noted there's not much for him to do, coupled with life. 

As for Falling Pizza, yeah, would be nice if he could help with things but he hasn't logged on since Oct 2016 and I certainly haven't seen him speak up in the mod forum either (and I've been a mod for almost 3.5 years).

====

At the present time, there are NO plans to either remove moderators and/or appoint new ones. When mod selections are up, a thread will be made in this section for you to comment on the choices. 

Please do not ask that a certain member be promoted until the threads are up.

Basically, "screw you guys, we're doubling down"

Got it. If near unanimous concern about a mod doesn't do it, nothing will.

Then again, who's really shocked. You might as well not tell us. Not like we're gonna have a choice in the matter. It's just gonna be another sham and in the night promotion

Then again, who's really shocked. You might as well not tell us. Not like we're gonna have a choice in the matter. It's just gonna be another sham and dark of night promotion

I'd love to hear what our "third voice of reason" has done recently. Forgot that modship was an entitlement, so you'll have to bring me up to speed on it. More like Zai's "mod forum contributions"?

Then again, who's really shocked. You might as well not tell us. Not like we're gonna have a choice in the matter. It's just gonna be another sham and dark of night promotion

I'd love to hear what our "third voice of reason" has done recently. Forgot that modship was an entitlement, so you'll have to bring me up to speed on it. More like Zai's "mod forum contributions"?

I think your post got messed up cause I am confused what you're saying this about.

Also I know one thing the "third voice of reason" has done

NOT ANSWER MY PM

DAMMIT NIGHT I WILL WHOOP YO BUTT

Though that reminds me to do something...

1. Basically responding to the last part of my post about requesting new mod candidates. 

2. About what Night has done lately. 

At this time, is there a pressing need to add a new moderator to TCG to make it 2, or is 1 of them sufficient? While we're at it, how has Broke. N done as a moderator thus far. 

====

Cow, if Night doesn't answer your PM, you can just add Flame and I to it, unless the matter is confidential between you two.

Basically responding to the last part of my post; we're not doing any demotions / promotions at this time, so please do not ask about the matter until it comes up. We are aware of Smear's inactivity and have addressed it (as did he), but we're not pushing for it at the moment. 

Also about what Night has done recently. 

====

Cow, if Night doesn't answer your PM, you can just add Flame and I to it, unless the matter is confidential between you two.

No worried I added Flame to it a few days ago, poked him again. But I might add you to it as well in a few days depending how things go.

Archived