Site Changes Discussion

Tormented

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've modified some permissions that allow your "find my content" feature to show all of your posts (it goes back 50000 days) no more struggling to find the content you recall posting.

Have fun on the nostalgia trip.

okay but what about the profile feed search? all my best memes are there

I'm not even sure that's possible given how they aren't stored in the same way as posts per se. 

In any case, I'm looking into this member searching feature suddenly disappearing, none of my recent changes appears to have made any effect so I'm sure it's a setting somewhere.

I'm not even sure that's possible given how they aren't stored in the same way as posts per se. 

In any case, I'm looking into this member searching feature suddenly disappearing, none of my recent changes appears to have made any effect so I'm sure it's a setting somewhere.

all status updates are viewable at all times, I think, so it doesn't matter.

I mean the removal part.

i don't think necroposting should necessarily be prevented so this is a good enough solution imo. there's absolutely no reason to bump a deck from ten formats ago, but if it's not related to card games then it becomes less unreasonable. bumping old anime threads with news of a new season, for example.

Why are Necro posts even bad?

I assume it's mainly because the topic is already dead, so bringing it back is useless, since nobody cared enough to continue the thread. There are of course times where it can cause an uprising of discussion, personally I don't update my rulebook thread a lot, since there is so rarely any need, but a new topic wouldn't make sense there, but in other cases, may as well have posted a new topic, as the thread was not created for your new discussion point, related or not.

I assume it's mainly because the topic is already dead, so bringing it back is useless, since nobody cared enough to continue the thread. There are of course times where it can cause an uprising of discussion, personally I don't update my rulebook thread a lot, since there is so rarely any need, but a new topic wouldn't make sense there, but in other cases, may as well have posted a new topic, as the thread was not created for your new discussion point, related or not.

Starting a new topic just fragments the discussion for no real reason

it's not really as imperative as back when the site was more active, back when new members still often come out of nowhere and post in topics that had been dead for months or years. It's mostly relevant in sections like RP or CC from back then until now.

I still prefer new threads rather than necros in places like TCG, aside from focused discussion, it also maintains a certain sense of consistenshi with the rules regarding on whether the topic of a non-new card should have a new thread or just use a past thread of that card instead.

We can accept both but the inconsistenshi looks ugly.

I remember asking to have the "last visit time" thingy at the bottom of the page changed so that it would be more readable against the background, but nothing became of that. Now it appears that that line is entirely gone? It's not that important but I thought it was kinda neat so that I would know how much time had elapsed since I last refreshed YCM. Could you possibly re-add that? Maybe not over the background, but somewhere.

Right, I'm going to perform a hefty load of fixing things this Friday (30th) Something is playing up somewhere and to attempt to fix things I need to go through each and every change to see the route of the problem (if it's anything in the frontend that I can even change)

Please do not be alarmed if the site temporarily goes down this Friday.

Users now receive a necro warning when posting on posts older than 30 days.

sBQsUJH.png

Hey, quick question regarding this. Does this prevent you from necrobumping said thread? I was trying to add a post to the DB Super thread in the Animation section since the show ended recently and I figured it'd be fine if the last post was from February, but it wouldn't go through. I tried just doing "test post" as well and that didn't go through either.

Hey, quick question regarding this. Does this prevent you from necrobumping said thread? I was trying to add a post to the DB Super thread in the Animation section since the show ended recently and I figured it'd be fine if the last post was from February, but it wouldn't go through. I tried just doing "test post" as well and that didn't go through either.

No, it does not prevent you from posting.

Archived