YGO 20XX Submission/Approval

Horu

4 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

So they can be dropped in the next pack. And I'm aware that Burst Phoenix is almost unsummonable (due to the fact that it requires 3 Lv4 Phoenix monsters and the 2 current are a Lv1 and Lv5. I'm working on ideas for the lower Lv Phoenixes but I wanna focus on another idea for the time being.

Sounds good.

1 minute ago, Rayfield Shade said:

😥😥😥 I understand. In that case, I guess I'll leave 'en all as they are and rather think of an Aqua support. After all, I didn't like much to call the mermaids Fish, haha, I'm sure the mermaids would find it denigrating.

Actually, it's funny because there are 2 Mermaids in the Water Starter Deck: Mermaid Knight and Cure Mermaid.  The two are Aqua-type and Fish-type respectively, so you've actually got some thematic leeway to work with.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terra Firmaid - Amethy

Earth

Rock/Effect

Lv4

1000/1600

If this face-up Defense Position is the only monster you control: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower EARTH monster from your hand in face-up Defense Position.

Zephyrmaid - Breezewing

Wind

Winged Beast/Tuner

Lv2

600/300

When this card is sent to the GY: Destroy 1 Spell/Trap card on the field.

Magmaid - Ember

Fire

Pyro/Tuner

Lv1

500/300

When this card is sent to the GY: Inflict 500 damage to your opponent's LP.

Prismaid - Fae

Light

Fairy/Effect

Lv5

1900/1500

If this is the only card in your hand: You can Normal Summon it without a Tribute.

Fearmaid - Arachni

Dark

Insect/Effect

Lv4

1800/800

When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent: You can select 1 face-down Spell/Trap card your opponent controls; the selected card cannot be activated or removed from the field until your opponent's second End Phase after this effect was activated.

This should work quite nicely in the current format.

Antipodea-Web.jpg.11c9cac7b051dc59b6b7e8a2c54b0b9d.jpg

Phoenix Mermaid Antipodëa

FIRE

Pyro / Effect

This card is also always treated as WATER-Attribute and Aqua-Type. Once per turn: You can place 1 Whirlpool Counter on an "Umi" you control OR place 1 Lava Counter on a "Volcano" you control. You can remove Whirlpool and/or Lava Counters from anywhere on the field (max. 2); increase this card's Level by the number of counters removed. If you control a WATER and a FIRE monster while this card is in the GY: You can Special Summon this card to a zone adjacent to both monsters. You can only use this effect of "Phoenix Mermaid Antipodëa once per Duel.
ATK 1000 / DEF 1000
20XX-EN011

*** Laughed with this one. She's strong, but give her a chance. Antipodëa is a Chrono Trigger reference, by the way.

Well She certainly makes Burst Phoenix summonable since she can technically meet the requirement of being a Lv4 "Phoenix" monster. So that gives 2 cards that can meet that Lv4 "Phoenix" requirement (Baby Phoenix and Phoenix Mermaid).

But here are a few ideas that might be fun to play with:

Final Embers

Trap Card

If your LP would be reduced to 0 by a direct attack from a monster your opponent controls: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower FIRE monster you control from your GY; the attacking monster must attack this card instead.

Rejuvenating Drizzle

Trap Card

When your LP would be reduced to 0 by battle or a card effect controlled by your opponent: You can discard 1 WATER monster from your hand; gain LP equal to the number of face-up WATER monsters you control x800.

49 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

f your LP would be reduced to 0 by a direct attack from a monster your opponent controls: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower FIRE monster you control from your GY; the attacking monster must attack this card instead.

If your LP would be reduced to 0 by the direct attack of a monster your opponent controls: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower FIRE monster from your GY, and if you do, that attacking monster must attack the Special Summoned monster instead.

I like this one.

54 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

When your LP would be reduced to 0 by battle or a card effect controlled by your opponent: You can discard 1 WATER monster from your hand; gain LP equal to the number of face-up WATER monsters you control x300.

If your LP would be reduced to 0 either by battle damage or by your opponent's card effect: Discard 1 WATER monster; gain LP equal to the number of face-up WATER monsters you control x300.

I'm fond of WATER support, but I must say I don't see much use for this Trap. After all, we're talking about a killing hit when your LP is possibly very low. Say that a BEWD or something similar attacks you, this card has the potential of healing 1500 LP max in the far-fetched scenario of controlling 5 face-up WATER monster's at the time of activation. I feel there's hardly enough healing to survive, also it's too situational to carry in a Deck. Then again, my idea would be to change the "number of face-up WATER monster you control x300" to "the number of WATER monsters in your field, hand and GY x200"

39 minutes ago, Rayfield Shade said:

If your LP would be reduced to 0 by the direct attack of a monster your opponent controls: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower FIRE monster from your GY, and if you do, that attacking monster must attack the Special Summoned monster instead.

I like this one.

If your LP would be reduced to 0 either by battle damage or by your opponent's card effect: Discard 1 WATER monster; gain LP equal to the number of face-up WATER monsters you control x300.

I'm fond of WATER support, but I must say I don't see much use for this Trap. After all, we're talking about a killing hit when your LP is possibly very low. Say that a BEWD or something similar attacks you, this card has the potential of healing 1500 LP max in the far-fetched scenario of controlling 5 face-up WATER monster's at the time of activation. I feel there's hardly enough healing to survive, also it's too situational to carry in a Deck. Then again, my idea would be to change the "number of face-up WATER monster you control x300" to "the number of WATER monsters in your field, hand and GY x200"

Well, since it specifies face-up monsters, I could likely up the gain to 500. the purpose of the card is to buy you a turn though.

Edit: I put the LP gain to Rejuvenation to 800 for a couple reasons. (1) The odds of having a full field when you're about to lose are extremely slim. (2) This card requires you to be in at one hell of a disadvantage to activate. (3) It is literally a spur of the moment card.

1490341737_RipplingAura-Web.jpg.66f738959816a53d9b2c27cd968b35d1.jpg

Rippling Aura

Normal Trap

Tribute 1 Aqua monster, then target 1 card on the field; destroy it, and if you do, apply 1 of the following effects based on the number of cards in adjacent zones to the zone where that destroyed card was.
•   1: Place 2 Whirlpool Counters on an "Umi" you control.
•   2: Draw 1 card.
•   3: Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower Aqua monster from your hand in Defense Position, also it cannot change battle position.
20XX-EN012

*** This is an obvious replacement for Fish Depth Charge so it works along Mermaids. More situational, but also more versatile, so they have more or less the same power.

19 hours ago, Rayfield Shade said:

FIRE

Pyro / Effect

This card is also always treated as WATER-Attribute and Aqua-Type. Once per turn: You can place 1 Whirlpool Counter on an "Umi" you control OR place 1 Lava Counter on a "Volcano" you control. You can remove Whirlpool and/or Lava Counters from anywhere on the field (max. 2); increase this card's Level by the number of counters removed. If you control a WATER and a FIRE monster while this card is in the GY: You can Special Summon this card to a zone adjacent to both monsters. You can only use this effect of "Phoenix Mermaid Antipodëa once per Duel.
ATK 1000 / DEF 1000
20XX-EN011

*** Laughed with this one. She's strong, but give her a chance. Antipodëa is a Chrono Trigger reference, by the way.

Approved

16 hours ago, Rayfield Shade said:

1490341737_RipplingAura-Web.jpg.66f738959816a53d9b2c27cd968b35d1.jpg

Rippling Aura

Normal Trap

Tribute 1 Aqua monster, then target 1 card on the field; destroy it, and if you do, apply 1 of the following effects based on the number of cards in adjacent zones to the zone where that destroyed card was.
•   1: Place 2 Whirlpool Counters on an "Umi" you control.
•   2: Draw 1 card.
•   3: Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower Aqua monster from your hand in Defense Position, also it cannot change battle position.
20XX-EN012

*** This is an obvious replacement for Fish Depth Charge so it works along Mermaids. More situational, but also more versatile, so they have more or less the same power.

Approved

On 12/16/2019 at 5:36 PM, Horu Ishayuki said:

Blazing Phoenix

Fire

Pyro/Synchro/Effect

Lv5

1900/1500

1 FIRE Tuner monster + 1 or more FIRE non-Tuner monsters

When this card destroys a monster by battle: It gains 200 ATK. Each time the ATK of this card increases: Discard 1 "Phoenix" card from your hand; shuffle 1 Level 4 or lower "Phoenix" monster from your GY into your Deck.

Phoenix Feather

Spell Card

When this card is sent to the GY: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of face-up "Phoenix" monsters you control ×300.

Volcano

Field Spell Card

All face-up EARTH and FIREmonsters gain 300 ATK/DEF. During your End Phase: Add 1 Lava Counter to this card (max. 12). All face-up WATER monsters lose ATK/DEF equal to the number of Lava Counters on this card ×100. Once per turn: You can remove a number of Lava Counters from this card; Special Summon 1 EARTH or FIRE monster from your GY whose Level is equal to the number of Lava Counters removed from this card.

Burst Phoenix

Fire

Pyro/Xyz/Effect

R4

2700/2000

3 Level 4 "Phoenix" monsters

Once per turn: You can detach 1 material from this card; select 1 of the following effects:

• Destroy 1 face-up monster on the field.

• Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower FIRE monster from your GY.

• Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent's LP.

I know the Xyz doesn't meet my stat requirements to be a R4 but the effects make up for its lack of stats.

I edited Volcano to stop at 12 counters so the user can't pull an infinite nerf on the opponent. Also, the real power in the card isn't to slowly the water monsters. The real purpose is the eventual return of key monsters.

23 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Terra Firmaid - Amethy

Earth

Rock/Effect

Lv4

1000/1600

If this face-up Defense Position is the only monster you control: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower EARTH monster from your hand in face-up Defense Position.

Zephyrmaid - Breezewing

Wind

Winged Beast/Tuner

Lv2

600/300

When this card is sent to the GY: Destroy 1 Spell/Trap card on the field.

Magmaid - Ember

Fire

Pyro/Tuner

Lv1

500/300

When this card is sent to the GY: Inflict 500 damage to your opponent's LP.

Prismaid - Fae

Light

Fairy/Effect

Lv5

1900/1500

If this is the only card in your hand: You can Normal Summon it without a Tribute.

Fearmaid - Arachni

Dark

Insect/Effect

Lv4

1800/800

When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent: You can select 1 face-down Spell/Trap card your opponent controls; the selected card cannot be activated or removed from the field.

This should work quite nicely in the current format.

Approved all of them except the last one. Permanent Spell/Trap lockdown is too good, no matter the format. If it worked just until the End Phase, then it'd be acceptable.

20 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Well She certainly makes Burst Phoenix summonable since she can technically meet the requirement of being a Lv4 "Phoenix" monster. So that gives 2 cards that can meet that Lv4 "Phoenix" requirement (Baby Phoenix and Phoenix Mermaid).

But here are a few ideas that might be fun to play with:

Final Embers

Trap Card

If your LP would be reduced to 0 by a direct attack from a monster your opponent controls: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower FIRE monster you control from your GY; the attacking monster must attack this card instead.

Rejuvenating Drizzle

Trap Card

When your LP would be reduced to 0 by battle or a card effect controlled by your opponent: You can discard 1 WATER monster from your hand; gain LP equal to the number of face-up WATER monsters you control x800.

Approved.

21 hours ago, Rayfield Shade said:

FIRE

Pyro / Effect

ATK 1000 / DEF 1000
20XX-EN011

This is gonna have to wait until Volcano is in.

59 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

I edited Volcano to stop at 12 counters so the user can't pull an infinite nerf on the opponent. Also, the real power in the card isn't to slowly the water monsters. The real purpose is the eventual return of key monsters.

The limitation is appreciated. When I say I'm gonna "hold off" or "wait" on a card, it just means that it won't be in the immediately upcoming pack. Volcano + Phoenix Mermaid will probably be approved for Booster Pack 2.

2 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

Approved all of them except the last one. Permanent Spell/Trap lockdown is too good, no matter the format. If it worked just until the End Phase, then it'd be acceptable.

Approved.

This is gonna have to wait until Volcano is in.

The limitation is appreciated. When I say I'm gonna "hold off" or "wait" on a card, it just means that it won't be in the immediately upcoming pack. Volcano + Phoenix Mermaid will probably be approved for Booster Pack 2.

Fair enough and I was thinking about putting a turn limit on Fearmaid's effect. Maybe 2 turns or something.

Edit: Changed Arachni to give 2 turn stall on Spells/Traps. If that isn't long enough to inch ahead, then maybe the person using this is just running a slow deck?

I'll submit this card.

Clever Swordsman: Earth, Warrior, Effect, Lv. 4; If this card attacks a monster whose ATK is higher than this card and the difference is 800 or lower: You can Negate this card's attack and then this card's ATK becomes the same as the attacked monster. 1000/1000

1623603410_CleverSwordsman.jpg.1a55f4326abc490f0b4881b431828bc6.jpg

Pretty sure it is balanced as well as low power, but that's up to all of you to decide.

19 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Fair enough and I was thinking about putting a turn limit on Fearmaid's effect. Maybe 2 turns or something.

Edit: Changed Arachni to give 2 turn stall on Spells/Traps. If that isn't long enough to inch ahead, then maybe the person using this is just running a slow deck?

Approved.

12 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

White Wyvern

Light

Dragon/Effect

Lv4

1500/1250

If you Tribute Summon a Normal Dragon monster: This card can be used as 2 Tributes.

Approved.

7 hours ago, TheBlackCatter said:

I'll submit this card.

Clever Swordsman: Earth, Warrior, Effect, Lv. 4; If this card attacks a monster whose ATK is higher than this card and the difference is 800 or lower: You can Negate this card's attack and then this card's ATK becomes the same as the attacked monster. 1000/1000

1623603410_CleverSwordsman.jpg.1a55f4326abc490f0b4881b431828bc6.jpg

Pretty sure it is balanced as well as low power, but that's up to all of you to decide.

Approved.

Some more submissions:

Recycled Blade
Equip Spell
You can equip this card from your GY to a monster you control.  You can only gain this effect of "Recycled Blade" once per turn.  The equipped monster gains 200 ATK.

Archfiend Night-Mare
DARK ****
Fiend
A nightmarish horse that rides through people's dreams.  It is said that only beings from the heavenly realms or the depths of Pandemonium can tame this creature.
1850/1600

23 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

Some more submissions:

Recycled Blade
Equip Spell
You can equip this card from your GY to a monster you control.  You can only gain this effect of "Recycled Blade" once per turn.  The equipped monster gains 200 ATK.

Archfiend Night-Mare
DARK ****
Fiend
A nightmarish horse that rides through people's dreams.  It is said that only beings from the heavenly realms or the depths of Pandemonium can tame this creature.
1850/1600

Approved

Momoline-Web.jpg.d99043406b784c2942cca9bb073c648f.jpgFramelie-Web.jpg.30691afb8fbde8e76861d992ffe49458.jpg

Mirror-Web.jpg.813844d99df05c3f531588abdd54f908.jpg

Magical Girl Mermaid Momolinë   WATER
Level 5
Aqua / Effect
While you control “Umi”, monsters your opponent controls cannot attack WATER monsters you control, except this one. Gains 100 ATK for each Whirlpool Counter on the field. Once per turn: You can place 1 Whirlpool Counter on an “Umi” you control. (Quick Effect): If a face-up Spell/Trap(s) you control would be destroyed by your opponent’s card effect, you can remove 3 Whirlpool Counters from anywhere on the field instead.
ATK 1900 / DEF 1000
20XX-EN013

*** Something cuter than a mermaid? A Magical Girl Mermaid! Let's hope she hasn't made any Kyubey-like contract

Singer Mermaid Framelië        WATER
Level 3
Aqua / Tuner / Effect
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by removing 4 Whirlpool Counters from anywhere on the field, and if you do, this card cannot attack or activate its effects for the rest of this turn. Once per turn: You can place 1 Whirlpool Counter on an “Umi” you control. If this card is destroyed by battle or by your opponent’s card effect: You can send 1 “Umi” you control to the GY, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy that target.
ATK 1300 DEF 500
20XX-EN014

*** Borrowed this art from a Vanguard card. Artist is Nardack, a favorite of mine.

Mirror of Azure Dreams
Spell-Continuous
While this card is on the field, this card's name becomes "Umi". You can Tribute 1 WATER monster; add 1 card that list “Umi” in its effect from your Deck to your hand, except “Mirror of Azure Dreams”, and if you do, you cannot Summon monsters for the rest of this turn. You can pay 500 LP; return 1 Field Spell you control to your hand. If an “Umi” you control would be destroyed by your opponent’s card effect, you can destroy this card instead. You can only use each effect of “Mirror of Azure Dreams” once per turn.
20XX-EN015

Braving-Web.jpg.41fa8450b526f9b6ed13a14308abf6e6.jpgContemplative-L.png.b03a6aca6f258f5ebba10ecd1863e303.png

Braving a Dungeon with a Bear
Spell-Continuous
You can only use 1 effect of “Braving a Dungeon with a Bear” per turn, and only once each while this card is face-up on the field.
• Target 1 Normal Monster you control in an adjacent zone to an Effect Monster; it cannot be destroyed by your opponent’s Trap effects until the end of this turn.
• Target 1 Effect Monster you control in an adjacent zone to a Normal Monster; it cannot be destroyed by battle until the end of your opponent’s turn.
• Target 1 Normal and 1 Effect Monster you control; reduce the ATK of 1 monster to 0, and if you do, add that lost ATK to the other monster. These effects last until the End Phase.
After the 3 previous effects of this card have been used, destroy this card.
20XX-EN016

*** Because teamwork leads to success. Didn't really know how to word the last sentence. If anybody has a suggestion to improve it, let me know.

Contemplative Moments with a Bear
Spell-Normal
Target 1 Normal Monster in your GY; Special Summon that target to a zone adjacent to an Effect Monster you control, and if you do, skip this turn’s Battle Phase.
20XX-EN017

*** A nice and simple reviving Spell for your Bears/Yellow Cards.

18 hours ago, Rayfield Shade said:

Momoline-Web.jpg.d99043406b784c2942cca9bb073c648f.jpgFramelie-Web.jpg.30691afb8fbde8e76861d992ffe49458.jpg

Mirror-Web.jpg.813844d99df05c3f531588abdd54f908.jpg

Magical Girl Mermaid Momolinë   WATER
Level 5
Aqua / Effect
While you control “Umi”, monsters your opponent controls cannot attack WATER monsters you control, except this one. Gains 100 ATK for each Whirlpool Counter on the field. Once per turn: You can place 1 Whirlpool Counter on an “Umi” you control. (Quick Effect): If a face-up Spell/Trap(s) you control would be destroyed by your opponent’s card effect, you can remove 3 Whirlpool Counters from anywhere on the field instead.
ATK 1900 / DEF 1000
20XX-EN013

*** Something cuter than a mermaid? A Magical Girl Mermaid! Let's hope she hasn't made any Kyubey-like contract

Singer Mermaid Framelië        WATER
Level 3
Aqua / Tuner / Effect
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by removing 4 Whirlpool Counters from anywhere on the field, and if you do, this card cannot attack or activate its effects for the rest of this turn. Once per turn: You can place 1 Whirlpool Counter on an “Umi” you control. If this card is destroyed by battle or by your opponent’s card effect: You can send 1 “Umi” you control to the GY, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy that target.
ATK 1300 DEF 500
20XX-EN014

*** Borrowed this art from a Vanguard card. Artist is Nardack, a favorite of mine.

Mirror of Azure Dreams
Spell-Continuous
While this card is on the field, this card's name becomes "Umi". You can Tribute 1 WATER monster; add 1 card that list “Umi” in its effect from your Deck to your hand, except “Mirror of Azure Dreams”, and if you do, you cannot Summon monsters for the rest of this turn. You can pay 500 LP; return 1 Field Spell you control to your hand. If an “Umi” you control would be destroyed by your opponent’s card effect, you can destroy this card instead. You can only use each effect of “Mirror of Azure Dreams” once per turn.
20XX-EN015

I'll hold off on these until the next set.

17 hours ago, Rayfield Shade said:

Braving-Web.jpg.41fa8450b526f9b6ed13a14308abf6e6.jpgContemplative-L.png.b03a6aca6f258f5ebba10ecd1863e303.png

Braving a Dungeon with a Bear
Spell-Continuous
You can only use 1 effect of “Braving a Dungeon with a Bear” per turn, and only once each while this card is face-up on the field.
• Target 1 Normal Monster you control in an adjacent zone to an Effect Monster; it cannot be destroyed by your opponent’s Trap effects until the end of this turn.
• Target 1 Effect Monster you control in an adjacent zone to a Normal Monster; it cannot be destroyed by battle until the end of your opponent’s turn.
• Target 1 Normal and 1 Effect Monster you control; reduce the ATK of 1 monster to 0, and if you do, add that lost ATK to the other monster. These effects last until the End Phase.
After the 3 previous effects of this card have been used, destroy this card.
20XX-EN016

*** Because teamwork leads to success. Didn't really know how to word the last sentence. If anybody has a suggestion to improve it, let me know.

Contemplative Moments with a Bear
Spell-Normal
Target 1 Normal Monster in your GY; Special Summon that target to a zone adjacent to an Effect Monster you control, and if you do, skip this turn’s Battle Phase.
20XX-EN017

*** A nice and simple reviving Spell for your Bears/Yellow Cards.

These I will approve because we need vanilla support.

4 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

I'll hold off on these until the next set.

4 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

These I will approve because we need vanilla support.

As far as I know, no card has been rejected, there are only approved cards and cards whose release will be postponed until certain Booster Packs.  When you have a chance, please update the List at the thread's beginning so it contains all the cards posted so far as well as an indication of the estimated Booster Pack they'll be released. I'm a bit confused as certain Mermaids that had an * doesn't have them anymore while certain other cards already Approved (not only mine) aren't in the list yet. Don't wanna be annoying, just asking for a bit more attention on that regard.

4 minutes ago, Rayfield Shade said:

As far as I know, no card has been rejected, there are only approved cards and cards whose release will be postponed until certain Booster Packs.  When you have a chance, please update the List at the thread's beginning so it contains all the cards posted so far as well as an indication of the estimated Booster Pack they'll be released. I'm a bit confused as certain Mermaids that had an * doesn't have them anymore while certain other cards already Approved (not only mine) aren't in the list yet. Don't wanna be annoying, just asking for a bit more attention on that regard.

Sure thing. I'll do it tomorrow as today is my birthday and I'm just relaxing. I already added your 2 new Bear Spells to the official card pool earlier.

Archived