YGO 20XX Submission/Approval

Horu

1 hour ago, Kazuchika Okada said:

Eclipse

Normal Spell

When this card is activated, you can choose one of these effects:

• Discard 1 LIGHT monster, then add 1 DARK monster from your GY to your hand.
  • Discard 1 DARK monster, then add 1 LIGHT monster from your GY to your hand.

Just a test. If it's cool, I'll try and make more Chaos thingies.

Approved!

5 hours ago, Rayfield Shade said:

..... Mermaids!

I am also apprehensive about all four together. How about a compromise?

@Horu Ishayuki I'll leave the decision to you, but I'm thinking maybe approve 2 of the 4 and hold off on the other two until 20XX developes a bit more. Sound good?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kazuchika Okada said:

Eclipse

Normal Spell

Sounds a lot like the trap card "Exchange of Night and Day" except more general and instant. Should be interesting.

Also I'm just going to place this here for safe keeping. It may be too powerful now, but I can wait for it's approval if it fits with what people want later on.

16 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

Approved!

I am also apprehensive about all four together. How about a compromise?

@Horu Ishayuki I'll leave the decision to you, but I'm thinking maybe approve 2 of the 4 and hold off on the other two until 20XX developes a bit more. Sound good?

Yeah. I'll look at them again in a while.

Edit: I approved Opeline and Arurue (as immediate additions) since they work together in a loop and aren't really much of a threat and a little battle prorection never did a whole lot of damage. On the next Release, Sorcery Mermaid will gain approval.

On 12/6/2019 at 9:59 PM, Kazuchika Okada said:

Just a bit of polishing, Okada-san.

Eclipse

Activate 1 of these effects.

• Discard 1 LIGHT monster; add 1 DARK monster from your GY to your hand.
  • Discard 1 DARK monster; add 1 LIGHT monster from your GY to your hand.

Hope this helps 🙂

In order to better planing the remaining A Legendary Ocean support cards I want to make, I'd like to ask if the following cards will be available eventually at 20XX.

Surface        Salvage        Forgotten Temple of the Deep        Oh F!sh!        Tornado Wall        Codarus        Penguin Soldier        Warrior of Atlantis        Hammer Shark        Abyss Soldier        Armed Sea Hunter

I'm interested in all of them, put I put special emphasis on Surface because the sole reason I made the 3 small mermaids Level 3 was because of that card. If it won't be available, I'd like to ask permission to modify them so they're Level 4 -> Level 3 with Legendary Ocean active so they can summon rank3/level 6 Extra Deck mobs. I understand that modifying already approved cards should be kept to a minimum, so that's why I was asking permission to do so. Also, I didn't know the effect of Fish Depth Charge, so maybe changing the mermaids from Aqua to Fish to work with that Trap would be acceptable? If not, I understand.

1390886433_MyNeighbor-Web.jpg.8b5443f77754c3e87162950cab02c31e.jpg

My Neighbor, a Bear

Effect monsters you control that are in an adjacent zone to a Normal Monster cannot be destroyed by battle. Normal Monsters you control gain 400 ATK each time an Effect Monster that is in an adjacent zone is destroyed by your opponent's card effect.

*** Which means, go for the bear first.

6 hours ago, Rayfield Shade said:

1390886433_MyNeighbor-Web.jpg.8b5443f77754c3e87162950cab02c31e.jpg

My Neighbor, a Bear

Effect monsters you control that are in an adjacent zone to a Normal Monster cannot be destroyed by battle. Normal Monsters you control gain 400 ATK each time an Effect Monster that is in an adjacent zone is destroyed by your opponent's card effect.

*** Which means, go for the bear first.

Can I run this in my Blue-Eyes Deck?

But really, I wanna build an archetype that can manage the special summoning well but also remain fairly consistant without it.

9 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Can I run this in my Blue-Eyes Deck?

By all means, Horu! I'm glad you liked it.

9 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

But really, I wanna build an archetype that can manage the special summoning well but also remain fairly consistant without it.

Yeah, I'm also thinking of a couple of cards that support Normal Monsters, so BEWDs will be benefited as well. I'm guessing that, in this format, BEWDs will be real beasts, though. hehe.

52 minutes ago, Rayfield Shade said:

By all means, Horu! I'm glad you liked it.

Yeah, I'm also thinking of a couple of cards that support Normal Monsters, so BEWDs will be benefited as well. I'm guessing that, in this format, BEWDs will be real beasts, though. hehe.

Well, BEWD isn't in the pool yet. But yeah, I can approve the card since it will be some nice earth support.

Okay, here goes version 2.0 of the Elemental Blooms. I've implemented the modifications needed so they fit with the project's format.

Serene Sapphirebloom        Spell-Continuous
This card's name is also always treated as "Umi". All WATER monsters on the field gain 200 ATK. You can Tribute 1 WATER monster; Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand with a Level equal or lower to that tributed monster. If a WATER monster you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can destroy this card instead. You can only use each effect of "Serene Saphirebloom" once per turn.
20XX-EN001

Fiery Rubybloom            Spell-Continuous
All FIRE monsters on the field gain 200 ATK. You can Tribute 1 FIRE monster, then target 1 FIRE monster you control; it gains ATK equal to that tributed monster’s ATK in the GY until the end of this turn. If a FIRE monster you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can destroy this card instead. You can only use each effect of "Fiery Rubybloom" once per turn.
20XX-EN002

Bountiful Quartzbloom        Spell-Continuous
All EARTH monsters on the field gain 200 ATK. You can Tribute 1 EARTH monster, then target 1 monster your opponent control; halve its ATK. If an EARTH monster you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can destroy this card instead. You can only use each effect of "Bountiful Quartzbloom" once per turn.
20XX-EN003

Untamed Emeraldbloom        Spell-Continuous
All WIND monsters on the field gain 200 ATK. You can Tribute 1 WIND monster; add 1 Level 4 or lower WIND monster from your Deck to your hand, but it cannot be Summoned this turn. If a WIND monster you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can destroy this card instead. You can only use each effect of "Untamed Emeraldbloom" once per turn.
20XX-EN004

Just a quick off-topic thought (Rayfield's Sapphirebloom brought this to my attention actually) but does anyone else find it fair that of all the monster types that got a boost from the original field spells, Thunder monsters actually got a boost from both Mountain and Umi? So imagine if both players actually had those cards in play. Thunder monsters would be boost by 400 while every other type listed in the text of those cards would only get a standard 200 point boost.

Anyway, Rayfield, I like the bloom spells and technically approved the originals but the wording on the new versions is actually better. I can approve these as soon as soon as I get word from the either Tinkerer or TheBlackCatter. They already have my approval.

20 hours ago, Rayfield Shade said:

Okay, here goes version 2.0 of the Elemental Blooms. I've implemented the modifications needed so they fit with the project's format.

Serene Sapphirebloom        Spell-Continuous
This card's name is also always treated as "Umi". All WATER monsters on the field gain 200 ATK. You can Tribute 1 WATER monster; Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand with a Level equal or lower to that tributed monster. If a WATER monster you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can destroy this card instead. You can only use each effect of "Serene Saphirebloom" once per turn.
20XX-EN001

Fiery Rubybloom            Spell-Continuous
All FIRE monsters on the field gain 200 ATK. You can Tribute 1 FIRE monster, then target 1 FIRE monster you control; it gains ATK equal to that tributed monster’s ATK in the GY until the end of this turn. If a FIRE monster you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can destroy this card instead. You can only use each effect of "Fiery Rubybloom" once per turn.
20XX-EN002

Bountiful Quartzbloom        Spell-Continuous
All EARTH monsters on the field gain 200 ATK. You can Tribute 1 EARTH monster, then target 1 monster your opponent control; halve its ATK. If an EARTH monster you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can destroy this card instead. You can only use each effect of "Bountiful Quartzbloom" once per turn.
20XX-EN003

Untamed Emeraldbloom        Spell-Continuous
All WIND monsters on the field gain 200 ATK. You can Tribute 1 WIND monster; add 1 Level 4 or lower WIND monster from your Deck to your hand, but it cannot be Summoned this turn. If a WIND monster you control would be destroyed by battle or card effect, you can destroy this card instead. You can only use each effect of "Untamed Emeraldbloom" once per turn.
20XX-EN004

Approved.

3 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Silent Knight

Light

Warrior/Effect

Lv4

1600/1000

While this is the only face-up monster you control: This card gains 400 ATK and inflicts Piercing Damage when it battles a DARK monster.

Approved.

The "sample cards" I gave are also up for approval/disapproval.

Oppression from the Masses

Oppresion-Web.jpg.6385dc4b5e262b556f8adad345a4d129.jpg

Continuous Trap
When this card is activated: Declare 1 Monster Card name. Apply 1 of the following effects based on the type of monster with the declared name.
•  Normal Monster: The ATK of monsters with the declared name is halved.
•  Effect Monster: Flip and/or Continuous Effects of monsters with the declared name are negated.
Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, pay 200 LP or destroy this card. If this card is destroyed and sent to the GY: You can pay 800 LP; place this card on the top of your Deck.
20XX-EN010

*** Because the bullying is a terrible thing, and so hard to eliminate 😞

Blazing Phoenix

Fire

Pyro/Synchro/Effect

Lv5

1900/1500

1 FIRE Tuner monster + 1 or more FIRE non-Tuner monsters

When this card destroys a monster by battle: It gains 200 ATK. Each time the ATK of this card increases: Discard 1 "Phoenix" card from your hand; shuffle 1 Level 4 or lower "Phoenix" monster from your GY into your Deck.

Phoenix Feather

Spell Card

When this card is sent to the GY: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of face-up "Phoenix" monsters you control ×300.

Volcano

Field Spell Card

All face-up EARTH and FIREmonsters gain 300 ATK/DEF. During your End Phase: Add 1 Lava Counter to this card (max. 12). All face-up WATER monsters lose ATK/DEF equal to the number of Lava Counters on this card ×100. Once per turn: You can remove a number of Lava Counters from this card; Special Summon 1 EARTH or FIRE monster from your GY whose Level is equal to the number of Lava Counters removed from this card.

Burst Phoenix

Fire

Pyro/Xyz/Effect

R4

2700/2000

3 Level 4 "Phoenix" monsters

Once per turn: You can detach 1 material from this card; select 1 of the following effects:

• Destroy 1 face-up monster on the field.

• Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower FIRE monster from your GY.

• Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent's LP.

I know the Xyz doesn't meet my stat requirements to be a R4 but the effects make up for its lack of stats.

7 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Once per turn: You can remove 1 Unit from this card; select 1 of the following effects:

Errr, what is an Unit? Did you mean material?

7 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

know the Xyz doesn't meet my stat requirements to be a R4 but the effects make up for its lack of stats.

I think the stats are alright, considering the only Rank 4 - 3 material mobs with higher ATK than this are Evilswarm Ouroboros (2750), Number 32 Shark Drake (2800) and Gagagigo the Risen (2950 and no effect). Although this is just me, but I think Burst Phoenix's effects are a little OP for 20XX. Or maybe it's this strong because it has a lot of trouble to make it to the field?

15 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Each time the ATK of this card increases: Discard 1 "Phoenix" card from your hand; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Phoenix" monster from your GY.

Just a suggestion here. As it is, this effect is mandatory. Maybe you want to add the classic "You can... after the colon to give it more flexibility.

3 minutes ago, Rayfield Shade said:

Errr, what is an Unit? Did you mean material?

I think the stats are alright, considering the only Rank 4 - 3 material mobs with higher ATK than this are Evilswarm Ouroboros (2750), Number 32 Shark Drake (2800) and Gagagigo the Risen (2950 and no effect). Although this is just me, but I think Burst Phoenix's effects are a little OP for 20XX. Or maybe it's this strong because it has a lot of trouble to make it to the field?

Just a suggestion here. As it is, this effect is mandatory. Maybe you want to add the classic "You can... after the colon to give it more flexibility.

Once the materials are part of the monster, they are considered units.

I made Burst Phoenix's effects somewhat powerful because it does require 3 Phoenix monsters to be summoned (in a format that doesn't support it yet).

I made Blazing Phoenix's effect manditory because it sucks when a manditory effect is negated.

4 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Once the materials are part of the monster, they are considered units.

I made Burst Phoenix's effects somewhat powerful because it does require 3 Phoenix monsters to be summoned (in a format that doesn't support it yet).

I made Blazing Phoenix's effect manditory because it sucks when a manditory effect is negated.

Got it. But I'll be stubborn on the first one. I don't think there's a mob out there that says "remove 1 unit". Before, it would say "Detach 1 Xyz Material etc" The current wording is simply "Detach 1 material...

That's where I messed up. I put "remove" instead of "detach". Also, I updated it to material in case the official term was changed again. I also changed Blazing Phoenix's effect so that it adds to the deck instead of summoning.

4 hours ago, Rayfield Shade said:

Oppression from the Masses

Oppresion-Web.jpg.6385dc4b5e262b556f8adad345a4d129.jpg

Continuous Trap
When this card is activated: Declare 1 Monster Card name. Apply 1 of the following effects based on the type of monster with the declared name.
•  Normal Monster: The ATK of monsters with the declared name is halved.
•  Effect Monster: Flip and/or Continuous Effects of monsters with the declared name are negated.
Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, pay 200 LP or destroy this card. If this card is destroyed and sent to the GY: You can pay 800 LP; place this card on the top of your Deck.
20XX-EN010

*** Because the bullying is a terrible thing, and so hard to eliminate 😞

Approved. Simply because the effects match the premise.

On 12/8/2019 at 12:02 PM, Rayfield Shade said:

In order to better planing the remaining A Legendary Ocean support cards I want to make, I'd like to ask if the following cards will be available eventually at 20XX.

Surface        Salvage        Forgotten Temple of the Deep        Oh F!sh!        Tornado Wall        Codarus        Penguin Soldier        Warrior of Atlantis        Hammer Shark        Abyss Soldier        Armed Sea Hunter

I'm interested in all of them, put I put special emphasis on Surface because the sole reason I made the 3 small mermaids Level 3 was because of that card. If it won't be available, I'd like to ask permission to modify them so they're Level 4 -> Level 3 with Legendary Ocean active so they can summon rank3/level 6 Extra Deck mobs. I understand that modifying already approved cards should be kept to a minimum, so that's why I was asking permission to do so. Also, I didn't know the effect of Fish Depth Charge, so maybe changing the mermaids from Aqua to Fish to work with that Trap would be acceptable? If not, I understand.

Tinkerer, any chance we can approve a couple of these cards?

Rayfield, I'm gonna go ahead and unchain the other two mermaids. My reasoning being, while I am wary of all 4 being out at the same time, the odds of that happening are somewhat slim given the current speed of the format and I want to see them at their current peak simply because I want you to be an awesome opponent as well.

2 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Blazing Phoenix

Fire

Pyro/Synchro/Effect

Lv5

1900/1500

1 FIRE Tuner monster + 1 or more FIRE non-Tuner monsters

When this card destroys a monster by battle: It gains 200 ATK. Each time the ATK of this card increases: Discard 1 "Phoenix" card from your hand; shuffle 1 Level 4 or lower "Phoenix" monster from your GY into your Deck.

Phoenix Feather

Spell Card

When this card is sent to the GY: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of face-up "Phoenix" monsters you control ×300.

I'm gonna approve these two.  Gonna hold off on Volcano for a little.  The Xyz is pretty much unsummonable, but it's also too high of a power level so far.

On 12/8/2019 at 1:02 PM, Rayfield Shade said:

Spoiler: I was planning on putting Penguin Soldier and Forgotten Temple in the first Pack.  Codarus and the recycling spells are being held off until later (~Pack 2-3, maybe).  Warrior of Atlantis will come eventually as well, but I have no time frame for it.  The others cards also vary in power, so don't depend on their inclusion.

No, you can't change the types of the Mermaids that are already fully approved (Opeline and Arurue), but you can change the ones that are not fully approved.  Just make sure you resubmit them, otherwise we'll just run with the old versions.

3 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

I'm gonna approve these two.  Gonna hold off on Volcano for a little.  The Xyz is pretty much unsummonable, but it's also too high of a power level so far.

Spoiler: I was planning on putting Penguin Soldier and Forgotten Temple in the first Pack.  Codarus and the recycling spells are being held off until later (~Pack 2-3, maybe).  Warrior of Atlantis will come eventually as well, but I have no time frame for it.  The others cards also vary in power, so don't depend on their inclusion.

No, you can't change the types of the Mermaids that are already fully approved (Opeline and Arurue), but you can change the ones that are not fully approved.  Just make sure you resubmit them, otherwise we'll just run with the old versions.

So they can be dropped in the next pack. And I'm aware that Burst Phoenix is almost unsummonable (due to the fact that it requires 3 Lv4 Phoenix monsters and the 2 current are a Lv1 and Lv5. I'm working on ideas for the lower Lv Phoenixes but I wanna focus on another idea for the time being.

7 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

😥😥😥 I understand. In that case, I guess I'll leave 'en all as they are and rather think of an Aqua support. After all, I didn't like much to call the mermaids Fish, haha, I'm sure the mermaids would find it denigrating.

Archived