YGO 20XX Submission/Approval

Horu

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super Volcano

Field Spell Card

While this card is face-up on the field: FIRE monsters gain 500 ATK/DEF. Once per turn, during your End Phase: You can add 1 Lava Counter to this card (max 12). Once per turn: You can remove any number of Lava Counters from this card to Special Summon 1 FIRE Xyz monster from your GY whose Rank is equal to the number of Lava Counters removed.

Eruption

Trap Card

Can be activated when either "Volcano" or "Super Volcano" has 12 Lava Counters on it. Apply the appropiate effect:

• If a "Volcano" you control has 12 Lava Counters: Destroy it then destroy all monsters on the field; inflict damage to both players equal to the number of their respective monsters that were destroyed by this effect ×300.

• If a "Super Volcano" you control has 12 Lava Counters on it: Destroy it and banish all monsters on the field; inflict damage to both players equal to the number of monsters bamished by this effect ×500.

So yeah. The standard Volcano in this format does a max of 1500 damage to each player when it erupts. But Super Volcano can deal a max of 5000 damage to both players. Doesn't seem like Volcanos are a very good homefield advantage.

12 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Super Volcano

Field Spell Card

While this card is face-up on the field: FIRE monsters gain 500 ATK/DEF. Once per turn, during your End Phase: You can add 1 Lava Counter to this card (max 12). Once per turn: You can remove any number of Lava Counters from this card to Special Summon 1 FIRE Xyz monster whose Rank is equal to the number of Lava Counters removed.

Eruption

Trap Card

Can be activated when either "Volcano" or "Super Volcano" has 12 Lava Counters on it. Apply the appropiate effect:

• If a "Volcano" you control has 12 Lava Counters: Destroy it then destroy all monsters on the field; inflict damage to both players equal to the number of their respective monsters that were destroyed by this effect ×300.

• If a "Super Volcano" you control has 12 Lava Counters on it: Destroy it and banish all monsters on the field; inflict damage to both players equal to the number of monsters bamished by this effect ×500.

So yeah. The standard Volcano in this format does a max of 1500 damage to each player when it erupts. But Super Volcano can deal a max of 5000 damage to both players. Doesn't seem like Volcanos are a very good homefield advantage.

I can already feel my face splattered by lava, talk about extreme effects, but too hard to pull off! About Super Volcano, though, don't you feel +500 ATK is too powerful? Also, I'm wondering if other Phoenix monsters will be able to place counters on Super Volcano or they are limited to place them in Volcano. In the first scenario, it'd be too easy to special Summon the Xyz, while if Super Volcano is alone it will take 4 full turns to Summon Burst Phoenix.

1 minute ago, Rayfield Shade said:

I can already feel my face splattered by lava, talk about extreme effects, but too hard to pull off! About Super Volcano, though, don't you feel +500 ATK is too powerful? Also, I'm wondering if other Phoenix monsters will be able to place counters on Super Volcano or they are limited to place them in Volcano. In the first scenario, it'd be too easy to special Summon the Xyz, while if Super Volcano is alone it will take 4 full turns to Summon Burst Phoenix.

4 turns to bring Burst Phoenix back from the GY But the issue with summoning it is that you're summoning it with no materials means it can't use its effect. Super Volcano trades the small advantage over WATER monsters for an extra 200 point boost. Then you downgrade the ability to summon literally ANY FIRE/EARTH monster (that has a level) with an effect to only being able to bring back FIRE Xyz monsters (with no materials), essentially making them normal monsters due to not being able to use their effect.

Given that Super Volcano makes "Molten Destruction" obsolete, I am hesitant about accepting it on principle.

It also feels a bit needless. There's a lot to explore with the regular Volcano card that there isn't much point making another version yet. I know they have different niches, but it doesn't feel like enough for me to feel comfortable accepting yet.

5 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

4 turns to bring Burst Phoenix back from the GY

Oh, the Special Summoning is from the GY. The card doesn't specify from where, so I kinda imagined it was from the Extra Deck. It would be interesting if the Super Volcano becomes an Xyz Material after you summon the Xyz, though. It would be more powerful, so you'd have to give it another limitation, I guess.

The Field Spells can be approved at any given time. No rush there. I'm just working on a series of cards that can fit into an idea that I have. Hence, Eruption is actually a bigger key to the idea than Super Volcano is.

That being said.... Here are a few special cards for the other side of the spectrum:

Tsunami

Spell Card

Can only be activated when you control a face-up "Umi". Destroy a face-up Field Spell Card your opponent controls and/or all face-up non-WATER monsters on the field.

Super Cell

Continuous Spell Card

While this card is face-up on the field apply the following effects:

• WATER and WIND monsters gain 200 ATK.

• EARTH and FIRE monsters lose 200 DEF.

• Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 face-up monster you control; Special Summon 1 "Tornado" monster from your hand.

EF1 Tornado Dragon

Wind

Dragon/Effect

Lv2

700/200

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: Destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field.

Category 1 Hurricane Leviathan

WATER

Sea Serpent/Effect

Lv3

1000/700

Can only be Summoned/Set while "Umi" is face-up on the field. When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: Return up to 2 Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls to their hand.

1.0 Earthquake Tortoise

Earth

Reptile/Effect

Lv1

200/600

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: Destroy all other face-up Level 1 monsters on the field.

Fault Line

Continuous Trap Card

Each time a monster is Special Summoned: Add 1 Shift Counter to this card. If there are 5 Shift Counters on this card: Send it to the GY; destroy all monsters on the field then inflict damage equal to the number of monsters destroyed x300 to both players.

Enlight-Web.jpg.938b2791f725f3336545e210c8dc16ae.jpg67589449_GetUpBear-Web.jpg.2d22972b6eb9fca4fd983de0efada911.jpg1422354899_BearPride-L.jpg.9111d97e294126297b1f68dc1c26fad3.jpg

Daily Enlightenment of a Small Bear
Spell-Continuous
Once per turn: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower Normal Monster you control; banish it until your next Standby Phase, also, when that Normal Monster is Special Summoned back to your field, increase its Level by the number of times it has been banished by this card’s effect and increase its ATK by the number of times it has been banished by this card’s effect x500.
20XX-EN018

*** Slowly and steadily, train your bear to be the strongest. I has an interesting lingering effect. Even if your bear is taken down, if you revive it it would regain all its lost might when it is banished and special summoned again by the same card, since its the same monster being affected by the same banish and get stronger effect. The "number of times it's banished" should not reset... at least I think it should work that way.

Time to get up for a Small Bear
Spell-Quick-Play
Activate if you control no monsters. Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Normal Monster from your hand in Defense Position, and if you do, that monster cannot be destroyed until the end of this turn.
20XX-EN019

*** Works as a good 1 turn defense at least. Has certain similitude with Pin-Point Guard, but only for Bears, when you don't have mobs and Summons from hand, but you needn't your opponent to attack and a quick-play spell is better than a trap, imo.

Bear me with Pride
Trap-Counter
Tribute 1 Normal Monster, then target 1 Effect Monster you control in an adjacent zone to that tributed monster; that Effect Monster gains ATK equal to that tributed monster’s original ATK and cannot be destroyed by monster effects until the end of the next turn.
20XX-EN020

*** Sacrifice your bear for the greater good.

5 hours ago, Rayfield Shade said:

This is a De-Spell terribly nerfed. I'd say you should make it stronger by giving it another effect.

Fixed it. Typically, you released like 3 cards that can be treated as Umi so this card destroys your opponent's field spell and any non-water monsters on the field. So generally, what a tsunami does irl.

On 12/21/2019 at 8:26 PM, Horu Ishayuki said:

The Field Spells can be approved at any given time. No rush there. I'm just working on a series of cards that can fit into an idea that I have. Hence, Eruption is actually a bigger key to the idea than Super Volcano is.

That being said.... Here are a few special cards for the other side of the spectrum:

Tsunami

Spell Card

Can only be activated when you control a face-up "Umi". Destroy a face-up Field Spell Card your opponent controls and/or all non-WATER monsters on the field.

Super Cell

Continuous Spell Card

While this card is face-up on the field apply the following effects:

• WATER and WIND monsters gain 200 ATK.

• EARTH and FIRE monsters lose 200 DEF.

• Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 face-up monster you control; Special Summon 1 "Tornado" monster from your hand.

EF1 Tornado Dragon

Wind

Dragon/Effect

Lv2

700/200

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: Destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field.

Category 1 Hurricane Leviathan

WATER

Sea Serpent/Effect

Lv3

1000/700

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: Return up to 3 Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls to their hand.

1.0 Earthquake Tortoise

Earth

Reptile/Effect

Lv1

200/600

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: Destroy all other face-up Level 1 monsters on the field.

Fault Line

Trap Card

Each time a monster is Special Summoned: Add 1 Shift Counter to this card. If there are 5 Shift Counters on this card: Send it to the GY; destroy all monsters on the field then inflict damage equal to the number of monsters destroyed x300 to both players.

There are... Several things about this set that need addressing, but first let's look at acceptances:

"Tornado Dragon" and "Earthquake Tortoise" are good as-is. "Hurricane Leviathan" would be good if it was more conditional (either lower it to only work on NS and only return 2 cards, or restrict it heavily in some other way). "Fault Line" needs to be a continuous trap, also, you should probably put a max number of counters on it.

I'll PM you about Super Cell. As for Tsunami... You might've taken it a little too far from being too weak to being broken. Face-down monsters are not considered as having an Attribute, so Tsunami essentially becomes a Dark Hole/Raigeki while you have Umi. That's too powerful, especially since WATER is already 20XX's strongest Attribute.

On 12/22/2019 at 3:48 PM, Rayfield Shade said:

Spell-Continuous
Once per turn: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower Normal Monster you control; banish it until your next Standby Phase, also, when that Normal Monster is Special Summoned back to your field, increase its Level by the number of times it has been banished by this card’s effect and increase its ATK by the number of times it has been banished by this card’s effect x500.
20XX-EN018

Time to get up for a Small Bear
Spell-Quick-Play
Activate if you control no monsters. Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Normal Monster from your hand in Defense Position, and if you do, that monster cannot be destroyed until the end of this turn.
20XX-EN019

Bear me with Pride
Trap-Counter
Tribute 1 Normal Monster, then target 1 Effect Monster you control in an adjacent zone to that tributed monster; that Effect Monster gains ATK equal to that tributed monster’s original ATK and cannot be destroyed by monster effects until the end of the next turn.
20XX-EN020

"Time to get up for a Small Bear" is accepted. The other two will be accepted pending certain corrections. PM me.

4 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

There are... Several things about this set that need addressing, but first let's look at acceptances:

"Tornado Dragon" and "Earthquake Tortoise" are good as-is. "Hurricane Leviathan" would be good if it was more conditional (either lower it to only work on NS and only return 2 cards, or restrict it heavily in some other way). "Fault Line" needs to be a continuous trap, also, you should probably put a max number of counters on it.

I'll PM you about Super Cell. As for Tsunami... You might've taken it a little too far from being too weak to being broken. Face-down monsters are not considered as having an Attribute, so Tsunami essentially becomes a Dark Hole/Raigeki while you have Umi. That's too powerful, especially since WATER is already 20XX's strongest Attribute.

Fixed Tsunami to only hit face-up monsters. Hurricane Leviathan will be fixed soon. I need to limit it to when it can be summoned due to the type of storm it represents. A small detail I overlooked when I made it.

Update: I weakened Hurricane Leviathan to bounce 2 cards and it can only be summoned/set while Umi is out.

Tornado Warning

Quick-play Spell Card

Discard 2 WIND monsters from your hand: Shuffle 1 "Tornado" monster from your GY into your Deck.

Tornado Watch

Trap Card

Can only be activated when your opponent declares an attack: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Tornado" monster from your hand.

These 2 cards should help boost Wind to somewhere around the level of water. I know I haven't submitted the other Tornado monsters yet. But that's mostly because I'm deciding a proper escalation of their effects.

This archetype is somewhat inspired by toon monsters. 

Toy Chest

Continuous Spell Card

All face-up "Toy" monsters you control gain 200 ATK/DEF. Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Toy" monster from your hand.

Toy Soldier

Earth

Warrior/Effect

Lv1

300/200

When this card is destroyed: add 2 Level 1 "Toy" monsters from your Deck to your hand.

Building Block Fortress

Field Spell Card

Once per turn, during your End Phase: Place 1 Block Counter on this card. When an opponent's monsters declares an attack: You can remove a number of counters equal to the Level of the attacking monster; negate that attack.

Mini Drone

Wind

Machine/Effect

Lv1

100/100

This card is treated as a "Toy monster". Once per turn: You can discard 1 "Toy" monster from your hand; look at 1 card in your opponent's hand.

I'm putting 20XX on hiatus for now.  To allow things to run smoothly when it reopens, I'll still allow submissions here just so we have a good stream of custom cards for when it does reopen.

I'll keep updating the card pool spreadsheet, but it won't be very often.

On 12/23/2019 at 11:44 PM, Horu Ishayuki said:

Fixed Tsunami to only hit face-up monsters. Hurricane Leviathan will be fixed soon. I need to limit it to when it can be summoned due to the type of storm it represents. A small detail I overlooked when I made it.

Update: I weakened Hurricane Leviathan to bounce 2 cards and it can only be summoned/set while Umi is out.

Accepted the fixes.  Because of the tons of Umi support, though, I'll need to decide which cards will be featured in Pack 1 and which will have to be delayed to Pack 2.

The rest of the cards I'm not accepting based on what I'd PM'd you about.

Enlight-Web.jpg.88dccc9d3431e7dcd5a0f57bc91d03c8.jpg294889097_BearPride-Web.jpg.1148ece9a4ad2cdd3ff00291500898e8.jpg

Once per turn: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower Normal Monster you control; banish it until your next Standby Phase and note the number of times it was banished by this effect. When that monster returns to the field, increase its Level by the number of times noted and increase its ATK by the number of times noted x500 (even if this card leaves the field).

20XX-EN018

Bear Me with Pride

Trap-Normal

20XX-EN020

Edited these two cards. Removed the Counter "Attribute" of the Trap. Credit to Tinkerer for improving "Daily Enlightenment of a Small Bear" OCG

6 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

I'm putting 20XX on hiatus for now.  To allow things to run smoothly when it reopens, I'll still allow submissions here just so we have a good stream of custom cards for when it does reopen.

I'll keep updating the card pool spreadsheet, but it won't be very often.

Accepted the fixes.  Because of the tons of Umi support, though, I'll need to decide which cards will be featured in Pack 1 and which will have to be delayed to Pack 2.

The rest of the cards I'm not accepting based on what I'd PM'd you about.

I'm aware of the Super Volcano thing since we haven't fully discovered what can be done with Volcano and the others can be delayed for the time being while the card pool is being constructed.

Also, how'd you like my Toy cards? I know they are relatively weak but they are generally toys.

6 hours ago, Rayfield Shade said:

Enlight-Web.jpg.88dccc9d3431e7dcd5a0f57bc91d03c8.jpg294889097_BearPride-Web.jpg.1148ece9a4ad2cdd3ff00291500898e8.jpg

Once per turn: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower Normal Monster you control; banish it until your next Standby Phase and note the number of times it was banished by this effect. When that monster returns to the field, increase its Level by the number of times noted and increase its ATK by the number of times noted x500 (even if this card leaves the field).

20XX-EN018

Bear Me with Pride

Trap-Normal

20XX-EN020

Approved!

4 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

I'm aware of the Super Volcano thing since we haven't fully discovered what can be done with Volcano and the others can be delayed for the time being while the card pool is being constructed.

Also, how'd you like my Toy cards? I know they are relatively weak but they are generally toys.

Looking back again, I'll approve "Building Block Fortress" since it's generic. However, I said I'm not accepting archetypes for now. I let "Phoenix" slide, but I'm not bending on it again until things are ready.

I'll let you and Draco know, but even then, I can't overload 20XX with archetypes.

7 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

Approved!

Looking back again, I'll approve "Building Block Fortress" since it's generic. However, I said I'm not accepting archetypes for now. I let "Phoenix" slide, but I'm not bending on it again until things are ready.

I'll let you and Draco know, but even then, I can't overload 20XX with archetypes.

Fair enough.

• 3 months later...

Hey, I'm sort of looking at this from the shadows, and I know this is on hold since a while ago but about this:
FurBCkz.png

Ryu Senshi, Rampart Blaster, and Mudballman in the Extra Deck have the clause "with the above cards", and that generally means they don't allow substitute materials. Without Spirit Ryu, Bubbleman, and Burstinatrix they aren't really Summonable with this base unless you are altering their rulings and errata-ing them for this format.

Nothing in here that I see can trigger "The Huge Revolution is Over"... sounds like a pretty dead card here. Since your strategy is to Weapon Change/Shield & Sword the high DEF Warriors to get better ATK, I'd recommend something that changed them back to Defense Position. I recommend "Last Minute Cancel" (changes all your monsters to DEF but your opponent has to attack while you have an Attack Position for it it has another bounce effect but without P Pals it doesn't matter) or "Ready for Intercepting" (Trap version of Book of Moon for Warriors/Spellcasters). The first of these can allow your choice of Trap Jammer to shine a little more.

Also, "Setuppercut" that could help turn your FLIP Ninja duo into something more possible to get out when you need it instead of just hard drawing it or shenanigans with Giant Rat + Magical Hats, which sounds pretty easy to work around....

With a couple of these, I'd recommend Acid Trap Hole for anti DEF strategy instead of the regular Trap Hole that hinders the few decent Normal Summon beaters. Which stuff like Dai Grepher and Kangoroo are unfortunate, with the vanillas immune to Inverse Universe, and both of these cannot get their stats switched in a way that could dodge Trap Hole anyways...

Milus is another odd choice. So much of this base is EARTH that assuming the game started with this starter deck alone for this project to work with, Milus doesn't have the typing for the Warrior support, the decent ATK/DEF amounts to be self-sufficient, will end up boosting both sides more often than not anyways, and doesn't have any protection that makes it worth going for.

Then there's Big Koala, which doesn't get much support to help it Tribute Summon, and is a bit too bulky, Fusion Material doesn't really help a whole lot since Kangoroo is easier to access and has the DEF theme going for it, and there's Mystical Sheep and EARTH Hex Sealed Fusion to go with as subs in there. There aren't even any "discard and revive" options that could help it out to combo with Spiritual Earth Art. There's Stray Lambs but it sounds like both cards aren't gonna do much unless they are drawn together. Hmmmm.....

Oh, Hippo Carnival's defensive stuff is interesting, but not enough for Milus's case.

Other ideas would be Performapal Hip Hippo for Koala's Tribute Summon aid, and it'd make the other effect of Last Minute Cancel live if you do decide to take the suggestions xD

- - - - -

I'm aware this is just a base to eventually dismiss when enough cards are created for the project, but still thought it'd be good to bring these things out. 

34 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Hey, I'm sort of looking at this from the shadows, and I know this is on hold since a while ago but about this:
FurBCkz.png

Ryu Senshi, Rampart Blaster, and Mudballman in the Extra Deck have the clause "with the above cards", and that generally means they don't allow substitute materials. Without Spirit Ryu, Bubbleman, and Burstinatrix they aren't really Summonable with this base unless you are altering their rulings and errata-ing them for this format.

Nothing in here that I see can trigger "The Huge Revolution is Over"... sounds like a pretty dead card here. Since your strategy is to Weapon Change/Shield & Sword the high DEF Warriors to get better ATK, I'd recommend something that changed them back to Defense Position. I recommend "Last Minute Cancel" (changes all your monsters to DEF but your opponent has to attack while you have an Attack Position for it it has another bounce effect but without P Pals it doesn't matter) or "Ready for Intercepting" (Trap version of Book of Moon for Warriors/Spellcasters). The first of these can allow your choice of Trap Jammer to shine a little more.

Also, "Setuppercut" that could help turn your FLIP Ninja duo into something more possible to get out when you need it instead of just hard drawing it or shenanigans with Giant Rat + Magical Hats, which sounds pretty easy to work around....

With a couple of these, I'd recommend Acid Trap Hole for anti DEF strategy instead of the regular Trap Hole that hinders the few decent Normal Summon beaters. Which stuff like Dai Grepher and Kangoroo are unfortunate, with the vanillas immune to Inverse Universe, and both of these cannot get their stats switched in a way that could dodge Trap Hole anyways...

Milus is another odd choice. So much of this base is EARTH that assuming the game started with this starter deck alone for this project to work with, Milus doesn't have the typing for the Warrior support, the decent ATK/DEF amounts to be self-sufficient, will end up boosting both sides more often than not anyways, and doesn't have any protection that makes it worth going for.

Then there's Big Koala, which doesn't get much support to help it Tribute Summon, and is a bit too bulky, Fusion Material doesn't really help a whole lot since Kangoroo is easier to access and has the DEF theme going for it, and there's Mystical Sheep and EARTH Hex Sealed Fusion to go with as subs in there. There aren't even any "discard and revive" options that could help it out to combo with Spiritual Earth Art. There's Stray Lambs but it sounds like both cards aren't gonna do much unless they are drawn together. Hmmmm.....

Oh, Hippo Carnival's defensive stuff is interesting, but not enough for Milus's case.

Other ideas would be Performapal Hip Hippo for Koala's Tribute Summon aid, and it'd make the other effect of Last Minute Cancel live if you do decide to take the suggestions xD

- - - - -

I'm aware this is just a base to eventually dismiss when enough cards are created for the project, but still thought it'd be good to bring these things out. 

Wow, thanks a lot for pointing this out! To be perfectly honest, I mostly analyzed the Water Deck, so I never noticed those inconveniences. You know, I miss making cards for this project. ANd I never had the chance to test my Mermaids and Bear cards. @Redrooooooooooooooo, when are you going to open it again XD?

35 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Wow, thanks a lot for pointing this out! To be perfectly honest, I mostly analyzed the Water Deck, so I never noticed those inconveniences. You know, I miss making cards for this project. ANd I never had the chance to test my Mermaids and Bear cards. @Redrooooooooooooooo, when are you going to open it again XD?

Oh, didn't know there were more starter deck pools. I assumed this was the only base for new cards created to not be dipped into a complete void. 

4 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

You can check them out in a Link almost at the top of page 1 ^_^

A found them. I thought the Imgur link was a single image, and just now I thought about scrolling down.... duh xD

Archived