YGO 20XX Submission/Approval

Horu

Right right. I should probably reopen this huh?

I really don't know if the situation has changed much, but I suppose we could remake the project into something a little more generic like a club rather than a manual Legacy of the Duelist game.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Redro said:

Right right. I should probably reopen this huh?

I really don't know if the situation has changed much, but I suppose we could remake the project into something a little more generic like a club rather than a manual Legacy of the Duelist game.

Well, I'm just saying I miss the activity here, I Also think stuff might have not changed much, but I have a feeling people like @Bluvista, @morrisoni4 might get interested, and even @Sleepy is having a look around. With a solid base of people, we might be able to fuel the project, and then if other people see a lot of activity, this will only get bigger. That's what I like to think, though 😊

Hey question here:
The list of approved custom cards at the OP doesn't have links to the cards themselves or anything, just has the names of the custom cards listed... Where can the actual cards be seen?

If there's no actual place compiling the cards or even the links to the cards, I think there should be a thread.
Kinda hesitant to suggest this because there's like 5 threads for this thing scattered about already buuuuut....

I think there should be a thread explicitly dedicated to post the cards. No replies or discussions inside of it, just new posts/comments to post further approved cards. Keeping them somewhat accessible.

14 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Hey question here:
The list of approved custom cards at the OP doesn't have links to the cards themselves or anything, just has the names of the custom cards listed... Where can the actual cards be seen?

If there's no actual place compiling the cards or even the links to the cards, I think there should be a thread.
Kinda hesitant to suggest this because there's like 5 threads for this thing scattered about already buuuuut....

I think there should be a thread explicitly dedicated to post the cards. No replies or discussions inside of it, just new posts/comments to post further approved cards. Keeping them somewhat accessible.

Yeah, before YCM was... uh... "updated" last August, there was a way to link to individual posts.  However, there's no way to do that anymore which very much sucks.  On the plus side, all the cards listed in the OP are contained in this thread, so you could find 'em.

When this was open, I was hunting around for a way to build a database for the cards so you could look 'em up all in one place and have all the details.  For 20XX to come back in any fashion, that pretty much needs to be up and running.  I didn't really have a solid method of doing it.  Still don't, tbh.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

3 minutes ago, Redro said:

Yeah, before YCM was... uh... "updated" last August, there was a way to link to individual posts.  However, there's no way to do that anymore which very much sucks.  On the plus side, all the cards listed in the OP are contained in this thread, so you could find 'em.

When this was open, I was hunting around for a way to build a database for the cards so you could look 'em up all in one place and have all the details.  For 20XX to come back in any fashion, that pretty much needs to be up and running.  I didn't really have a solid method of doing it.  Still don't, tbh.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I love how updated is between "" XD. Anway, if memory serves, there was a google spreadsheet somewhere containing all the available cards with all of their characteristics, wasn't it? Although I must confess that the fact that such a list was never fully updated (nor the one in the OP here) kinda annoyed me. So, I guess the only thing to do is to make another thread specially dedicated to the listings.

Yeah I gave the suggestion:
Keep having the card submission approval discussion here, and posting all the cards here for that purpose, but make a separate thread ESPECIALLY to store and compile all the approvals, and only what's approved. Advice people to NOT post any comments/feedback at that special thread. No cards buried between the discussion pages, just the compilation of cards and nothing else. If its not there, it is not available for the format.

- - - -

Yeah the site updated in a way that now has a lot less bugs and has stuff like that Leaderboard function, but it lost a ton of things. We don't have points, sigs, individual post links, and spoilers stopped being shown... hmmm can we still make those using the mybb code?
[spoiler=Testing]

Let's see.... Oh ok... you can't put Spoiler titles..... sucks, but at least there's a way to make them work.

And there's no shop... which contained the "lock/unlock" thread functions for regular members so you didn't need to ask a mod to manage your own thread to a degree....

18 hours ago, Sleepy said:

^Went ahead and gathered everything approved I could find for set 1.
It should make it easier to see what the place has got to work with now.

Feel free to use it to update the OP here if you want to. xD

Wow! This is absolutely amazing, Sleepy, thanks a lot!! Check this out, @Redro!

20 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Wow! This is absolutely amazing, Sleepy, thanks a lot!! Check this out, @Redro!

I organized the written ones and re-wrote some parts so the info was in the same format for all (some had ATK/DEF under effect and some didn't, some had stars in asterisks and some in numbers, stuff like that).

I did alter a couple effect. Like, the first 4 spells you posted had an updated version on page 2 and so I used that second text, which means it won't match with the card image's.

A couple other cards were approved with changes that were not actually re-written into the cards displayed. I recall one of them had an exchange along the lines of "maybe if I make the effect last only 2 turns or so" and "in that case approved!" so I went ahead and wrote it in when I posted it there....

Wanted to organize the ones with images but I never got back from that break xD

- - - - -
About some of the cards (I haven't read them all)

I'm not entirely sure that one written Synchro Monster is approved or if it just went over my head, because it's pretty heavily focused on "Phoenix" monsters for its effects and most of those iirc weren't approved for the set.

The vanilla is 1850 ATK, but I thought the parameter was like 1800 for vanillas and lower stats for effect monsters?
Trying to see how to push the envelop for it already? I'm not a fan of cards with 50s or other awkward non-multiples of 100, but that's not my business I suppose.

On the same vein, the Insect Fearmaid card is an effect monster with 1800 ATK with a pretty solid stun effect..... is this alright? I expected Level 4 effect monster beaters to have like, 1600 or maybe 1700 if even....

Gotta check if Silent Knight has any DARKs it can interact with in the way it wants to, and if there's any double Tribute vanilla Dragons in the pool for the white Wyvern to use... or if said vanilla Dragons have enough to make something for them. I remember Blue-Eyes was casually ran at 1 in early days because of how bulky it was, and sometimes just discarded and revived instead. Lord of D was never really reliable, although nowadays people play a deck revolving around it for the 2002 format that never existed IRL at the time because nobody was really building ideal, getting all the expensive stuff from LOB or getting 3 copies of Kaiba's and Yugi's decks each for it (it would have been madness back then xD ).
Once stuff like Kaiser Sea Horse and Paladin of the White Dragon made it more digestable.... I don't think this format would need archetype stuff but well... I gotta read Rayfield's vanilla support there..... xD

Yup, I saw it.  I also saw that Sleepy had included some of the older versions of the cards, but that was addressed above as well.

The power level was initially really meant to be low.  Should we stick to that low power level or should it be buffed a bit before reopening?

1 hour ago, Redro said:

Yup, I saw it.  I also saw that Sleepy had included some of the older versions of the cards, but that was addressed above as well.

The power level was initially really meant to be low.  Should we stick to that low power level or should it be buffed a bit before reopening?

Personal opinion: if it has to be buffed, I'd say it should be very slightly. The reason for me is simple: I don't like the current state of the game, when you basically spend 20 minutes seeing how the opponent Special Summons 60 times and ends up FTKing you or establishing such a field it's best to give up, and with the new Master Rule, that's what will happen (more than ever, since now we have a 6th zone). What I loved about this project was the low power of the cards, and even though I struggled a bit to don't make 'em a bit too powerful for the formal (which seems to contradict the previous, but in truth those slightly op effects are laughable compared to the combos you can make in today's meta) I want the game to be nice and simple, with a healthy number of turns and some changes in the tide of the battle.

If it's buffed a bit, I'd like to make small improvements to the cards I already posted, if possible. I'm talking about simple stuff like adding a couple hundreds of ATK or removing a limitation here and there. But now that Sleepy has made such a nice compilation, I don't want to annoy much with asking for some changes.

Well, there's my stance on this ^_^.

3 hours ago, Redro said:

Low levels are fine, I just pointed those out because the thread had some limits established and said cards seemed to go above it, even if just a little bit.
If that was addressed somewhere in the thread, I don't have any real issues with the cards themselves.... I just really didn't read most of the thread, just went around scanning with my eyes for text that seemed to be in the format of card suggestions, and then a reply with "accepted" or otherwise quoting them...

Started up referencing the OP's list but I ran out of it after the first 2 pages so if I added something I shouldn't have or skipped something or something has an update I missed, or anything.... really do, tell.

1 hour ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Personal opinion: if it has to be buffed, I'd say it should be very slightly. The reason for me is simple: I don't like the current state of the game, when you basically spend 20 minutes seeing how the opponent Special Summons 60 times and ends up FTKing you or establishing such a field it's best to give up, and with the new Master Rule, that's what will happen (more than ever, since now we have a 6th zone). What I loved about this project was the low power of the cards, and even though I struggled a bit to don't make 'em a bit too powerful for the formal (which seems to contradict the previous, but in truth those slightly op effects are laughable compared to the combos you can make in today's meta) I want the game to be nice and simple, with a healthy number of turns and some changes in the tide of the battle.

If it's buffed a bit, I'd like to make small improvements to the cards I already posted, if possible. I'm talking about simple stuff like adding a couple hundreds of ATK or removing a limitation here and there. But now that Sleepy has made such a nice compilation, I don't want to annoy much with asking for some changes.

Well, there's my stance on this ^_^.

The compilation isn't made to be a final untouchable thing... I can for sure edit it however the project demands.
It wouldn't be the final compilation anyways because a bunch of those cards need arts and text updates in the card images, and to be uploaded into DuelingBook or DuelPortal (which I kinda like DuelingBook a bit more because I like watching cards with my art in them more clearly, but kudos to the guy running DP still... he allowed customs first). xP

I haven't really worked on any of this stuff or even formally joined the project (which is still on hold in any case), so I just wanted to speed up the compiling of the content, and did it kinda prepared to accept if it wasn't well received that I appointed myself to start tinkering with all this content I had no hand on producing, and ended up with the thread I made locked for it xD

Sooooo yeah, don't worry about having me edit that list.... It'd be more up to if Redro is fine with the edits...
I didn't stop by enough to see the details but I did catch a glimpse of you two on a debate about editing a card that had already been approved, I think on one of those mermaid cards... 

• 2 months later...

I'd like to open this back up, but the site seems to have even less traffic than when I'd put it on hiatus.  Unless the site gets a bunch of interest, this might not be able to come back in its current form.  I also need to set up the submission process better when it gets reopened.

6 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

@Tythe Scora, is card submission open yet? This project is starting to get necrobumped to extremes. I think it would be fair to at least open up card submissions. I'll add the new cards every Thursday or Friday if need be.

Uh.. I said that this topic could stay open.  People could always have kept submitting stuff - I even said I wanted people to keep submitting stuff so we'd have a large pool of custom cards when I reopened the format, but I guess everyone forgot.

That said, I set things up badly the first time and it would just be easier to start things up from the ground again.  I'd rather ask a mod to close these threads so I can reset it.

Archived