YGO 20XX Submission/Approval

Horu

This thread is strictly for the 20XX Submission/Approval. Anyone involved in this project can submit cards at their leisure and they will be reviewed here. I will post approvals accordingly to the the 20XX starter decks. Right now, the project dips into the Xyz Era so anything later than that likely won't make it onto the list until a later time. Have fun and enjoy the blessings of Mega Ultra Chicken.

https://imgur.com/a/UvlKmbU

The link above shows the current cardpool as pertaining to the four starter decks that a player can choose from.

*Approved but to be released at a later time.

Approved Monsters:

*Armored Mermaid Nerinie

Baby Phoenix

Blazing Phoenix

*Dancer Mermaid Arurue

Fireball Spirit

Huricane Wyvern

Innocence Mermaid Opeline

Quake Machine

Seashore Tribesman

Silent Knight

Sorcery Mermaid Irithet

Approved Spells:

Bountiful Quartzbloom

Eclipse

Fiery Rubybllom

My Neighbor, A Bear

Oppression from the Masses

Serrene Sapphirebloom

Untamed Emeraldbloom

Xyz Vortex

Approved Traps:

Funhouse Mirror

Oppression from the Masses

Quicksand

Approved Exta Deck Monsters:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a quick correction, we have Xyzs as well, but no Pendulums/Links.

Some notes that could help for designing in early 20XX format:

- 1900 is the ATK limit, and that is only limited to Normal monsters (any higher has downsides). 1700 ATK is the limit for Level 4 effect monsters.

- Traps are the most powerful card type.

- Special Summons are somewhat rare and costly.

- Normal monsters can have really strong support.

First card upload for me (*excited*) These are generic support for Elemental Decks

27826503_SereneSapphirebloom-Web.jpg.26670f9ee0d6d00a15f2d997926cc975.jpg1377561820_FieryRubybloom-Web.jpg.213124db699c54d0054885fc50a9fd83.jpg

2139221593_BountifulQuartzbloom-Web.jpg.1f49c03f2e5c7d48465181020f4e9486.jpg1280824943_UntamedEmeraldbloom-Web.jpg.9239fb23286e813bd301fbd91d35fcf8.jpg

Serene Sapphirebloom        Spell-Continuous
This card's name is also always treated as "Umi". All WATER monsters on the field gain 300 ATK. You can Tribute 1 WATER monster; Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand or Deck with a Level equal or lower to that tributed monster. You can banish 2 WATER monsters from your GY; draw 1 card. If a WATER monster you control would be destroyed (either by battle or card effect), you can destroy this card instead. You can only use each effect of "Serene Saphirebloom" once per turn.
20XX-EN001

Fiery Rubybloom            Spell-Continuous
All FIRE monsters on the field gain 300 ATK. You can Tribute 1 FIRE monster, then target 1 FIRE monster you control; it can make a second attack each Battle Phase this turn.. You can banish 2 FIRE monsters from your GY, then target face-up 1 Spell/Trap on the field; destroy it. If a FIRE monster you control would be destroyed (either by battle or card effect), you can destroy this card instead. You can only use each effect of "Fiery Rubybloom" once per turn.
20XX-EN002

Bountiful Quartzbloom        Spell-Continuous
All EARTH monsters on the field gain 300 ATK. You can Tribute 1 EARTH monster, then target 1 EARTH monster you control; it is unaffected by your opponent's card effects until the end of this turn. You can banish 2 EARTH monsters from your GY, then target 1 EARTH monster in your GY; add it to your hand. If an EARTH monster you control would be destroyed (either by battle or card effect), you can destroy this card instead. You can only use each effect of "Bountiful Quartzbloom" once per turn.
20XX-EN003

Untamed Emeraldbloom        Spell-Continuous
All WIND monsters on the field gain 300 ATK. You can Tribute 1 WIND monster, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; return it to the hand. You can banish 2 WIND monsters from your GY; add 1 WIND monster from your Deck to your hand. If a WIND monster you control would be destroyed (either by battle or card effect), you can destroy this card instead. You can only use each effect of "Untamed Emeraldbloom" once per turn.
20XX-EN004

Please let me know if there are errors or if I should modify them so they fit into the 20XX format 🙂

I'm gonna ignore the generic effects to each of the four cards and look at their actual individual effects instead.

Sapphirebloom can be useful for keeping the field occupied so you don't take direct attacks.

Rubybloom is just to give a monster a second attack at the cost of a monster.

Quartzbloom is single turn protection for a monster you control.

Emeraldbloom is just a Spell version of Hane-Hane.

Now that that is covered, I could actually approve these since you do lose a monster to use the above mentioned effects. But these cards could be helpful in a pinch.

12 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

I'm gonna ignore the generic effects to each of the four cards and look at their actual individual effects instead.

Sapphirebloom can be useful for keeping the field occupied so you don't take direct attacks.

Rubybloom is just to give a monster a second attack at the cost of a monster.

Quartzbloom is single turn protection for a monster you control.

Emeraldbloom is just a Spell version of Hane-Hane.

Now that that is covered, I could actually approve these since you do lose a monster to use the above mentioned effects. But these cards could be helpful in a pinch.

Mmm, I see. I tried to make them not so powerful so they match the average capabilities of that era. My thoughts for those effects you mentioned were: Saphire helps to bring a monster of adequate level for Synchro/Xyz. Ruby Tributes a weak monster to let a strong one attack twice, Quartz for delivering a finishing blow without worries, Emerald to take care of those annoying Xyz Monsters that resist destruction. They also have a banishing effect that adds a bit of versatility. I wanted to give FIRE/EARTH/WIND an effect similar of WATER's This card's name is also always treated as Umi, but I don't know if there are Decks that can use fields such as Sogen, Mountain, Yami etc that can be used as Umi does.

1 hour ago, Gorlois said:

Where can one find a compilation of what cards currently exist in this format?

Hello, fine person!

I didn't know you were interested in the format!  So far, the only cards in the pool are the Starter Decks which are shown to anyone who's interested.  Please express your interest in this thread, and I'll add you to the PM where you can see the deck lists.  A formalized way to see the card pool will be up soon-ish.

2 hours ago, Rayfield Shade said:

First card upload for me (*excited*) These are generic support for Elemental Decks

Serene Sapphirebloom        Spell-Continuous
This card's name is also always treated as "Umi". All WATER monsters on the field gain 300 ATK. You can Tribute 1 WATER monster; Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand or Deck with a Level equal or lower to that tributed monster. You can banish 2 WATER monsters from your GY; draw 1 card. If a WATER monster you control would be destroyed (either by battle or card effect), you can destroy this card instead. You can only use each effect of "Serene Saphirebloom" once per turn.
20XX-EN001

Fiery Rubybloom            Spell-Continuous
All FIRE monsters on the field gain 300 ATK. You can Tribute 1 FIRE monster, then target 1 FIRE monster you control; it can make a second attack each Battle Phase this turn.. You can banish 2 FIRE monsters from your GY, then target face-up 1 Spell/Trap on the field; destroy it. If a FIRE monster you control would be destroyed (either by battle or card effect), you can destroy this card instead. You can only use each effect of "Fiery Rubybloom" once per turn.
20XX-EN002

Bountiful Quartzbloom        Spell-Continuous
All EARTH monsters on the field gain 300 ATK. You can Tribute 1 EARTH monster, then target 1 EARTH monster you control; it is unaffected by your opponent's card effects until the end of this turn. You can banish 2 EARTH monsters from your GY, then target 1 EARTH monster in your GY; add it to your hand. If an EARTH monster you control would be destroyed (either by battle or card effect), you can destroy this card instead. You can only use each effect of "Bountiful Quartzbloom" once per turn.
20XX-EN003

Untamed Emeraldbloom        Spell-Continuous
All WIND monsters on the field gain 300 ATK. You can Tribute 1 WIND monster, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; return it to the hand. You can banish 2 WIND monsters from your GY; add 1 WIND monster from your Deck to your hand. If a WIND monster you control would be destroyed (either by battle or card effect), you can destroy this card instead. You can only use each effect of "Untamed Emeraldbloom" once per turn.
20XX-EN004

Please let me know if there are errors or if I should modify them so they fit into the 20XX format 🙂

I'm... gonna have to be the bad guy here; those spells are too strong at the pool's current level.  All the spells have 4 effects (which is more than any card in the pool so far), and all of them have at least 1 effect that's powerful even in today's TCG environment.  PM me and we'll see what can be done to work them into the pool.

I'll toss in some sample cards to help people get a good gauge:

High-Level monster:

Hurricane Wyvern
WIND 7*
Dragon/Effect
WIND monsters gain 200 ATK.  When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can return all cards in 1 column to their owner's hand.
2100/2000

Mid-Level monster:

Quake Machine
EARTH *****
Machine/Effect
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can change the battle position of all monsters your opponent controls.  If this card's battle position is changed, swap the ATK and DEF of all monsters on the field.
2000/1000

Low-Level monsters:

Seashore Tribesman
WATER ***
Warrior/Effect
If you control "Umi", you can tribute this card and target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; destroy that target.
1000/1000

Fireball Spirit
FIRE *
Pyro/Tuner/Effect
When this card is destroyed by battle, inflict 300 damage to your opponent and decrease the ATK and DEF of all monsters your opponent controls by 300.
0/300

Spell:

Xyz Vortex
Normal Spell
Discard 1 card and target 1 Set card your opponent controls; attach that target to 1 Xyz monster on the field.

Trap:

Funhouse Mirror
Normal Trap
When the opponent declares a direct attack: Negate the attack, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Inverted Token" whose Type, Attribute, and Level are equal to the target's Type, Attribute and Level/Rank.  The token's ATK/DEF are equal to the original DEF/ATK of the targeted monster.  When that target leaves the field, destroy the token.

Here's a good hint: If you can make a card and it isn't broken even without a "Once per turn" clause, it should be good to fit into the pool. If you HAVE to balance it with an OPT, it's probably too powerful for right now.

I somehow doubt any of my cards will break the Lv7 barrier until later on.

So here goes:

A nice little Phoenix card to Start an Archtype that I never quite got around to working on.

a.png

Effect: Cannot be used as Synchro Material except for the Synchro Summon of a FIRE monster. If this card was used as material for the Synchro Summon of a FIRE monster: During your next Draw Phase, you can Special Summon it from your GY instead of conducting your normal draw. Each time this card is Special Summoned by its own effect: It gains 1 Level and 300 ATK/DEF.

I thought about it for a while. So it can only Synchro Summon FIRE monsters and cards that can be potentially powerful usually start out as complete crap. Also, you lose your draw if you choose to bring it back. Sadly, the effect still doesn't put it up there with most heavy hitters. This thing literally maxes out at 3400/3400. Also, it's generally Synchro fodder for like the first 6 turns.

12 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

I somehow doubt any of my cards will break the Lv7 barrier until later on.

So here goes:

A nice little Phoenix card to Start an Archtype that I never quite got around to working on.

a.png

Yeah, that works.

Could you also put the effect text somewhere, so I can grab it for the card pool sheet?

Quicksand

Trap Card

When a monster your opponent controls declares an attack: That monster's ATK/DEF is reduced by half; also, it cannot declare an attack for 2 turns.

Ok. This is pretty simple. It does what quicksand essentially does.

3 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Quicksand

Trap Card

When a monster your opponent controls declares an attack: That monster's ATK/DEF is reduced by half; also, it cannot declare an attack for 2 turns.

Wait can cost be like that cause my card grammar is like from 2016 so I have no idea on changes

19 minutes ago, Yuuji Kazami said:

Wait can cost be like that cause my card grammar is like from 2016 so I have no idea on changes

Your name... It's very familiar, but I can't remember how we interacted. Were you in the AGM?

Regardless, Yuuji is correct. No semicolon is needed in "Quicksand" as (I assume) it's not meant to be a cost. Other than that, the effect is fine so once the grammar is fixed up, it's approved for 20XX!

14 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

Your name... It's very familiar, but I can't remember how we interacted. Were you in the AGM?

Regardless, Yuuji is correct. No semicolon is needed in "Quicksand" as (I assume) it's not meant to be a cost. Other than that, the effect is fine so once the grammar is fixed up, it's approved for 20XX!

Awesome. Technically just needed to support the earth deck on the defensive side.

I know most cards are set up as "Condition: Cost/Trigger/Effect;Effect/Secondary Effect" now since Konami didn't want to list the 50k effects of Ra.

39 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

I was on a borderline banning troll spree back in 2016 ish with an ex sharing my acc, and I was involved with some CCing mostly. I got banned from the discord from an issue with Thar and avoiding timeouts. No one seemed to have really investigated on the issue with Thar or gave me a proper explanation sadly, although the punishment avoidance ban was pretty justified but it was just fun to stir things up back then lol.

34 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Awesome. Technically just needed to support the earth deck on the defensive side.

I know most cards are set up as "Condition: Cost/Trigger/Effect;Effect/Secondary Effect" now since Konami didn't want to list the 50k effects of Ra.

To be fair I wished they expanded on forcing opponent's monsters to attack as more of a theme with Earth monsters, but so far nothing directly like that with an archetype yet unless they did it recently.

4 minutes ago, Yuuji Kazami said:

I was on a borderline banning troll spree back in 2016 ish with an ex sharing my acc, and I was involved with some CCing mostly. I got banned from the discord from an issue with Thar and avoiding timeouts. No one seemed to have really investigated on the issue with Thar or gave me a proper explanation sadly, although the punishment avoidance ban was pretty justified but it was just fun to stir things up back then lol.

To be fair I wished they expanded on forcing opponent's monsters to attack as more of a theme with Earth monsters, but so far nothing directly like that with an archetype yet unless they did it recently.

Quicksand allows the first attack to go through (albeit at half the power) then shuts that monster down for a couple turns. So think a combo of Mirror Wall / Nighmare Steel Cage for 1 monster.

14 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

I'm... gonna have to be the bad guy here; those spells are too strong at the pool's current level.  All the spells have 4 effects (which is more than any card in the pool so far), and all of them have at least 1 effect that's powerful even in today's TCG environment.  PM me and we'll see what can be done to work them into the pool.

Ok, got it. I was confused about the power levels because, on one hand, you have the Starter Decks, which are extremely basic compared to the current meta, and then on the other it is mentioned that even Xyz are allowed since they're pre-Pendulum era, where there are already nasty Decks like Shadoll, Burning Abyss, Mermails, etc.

14 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

Here's a good hint: If you can make a card and it isn't broken even without a "Once per turn" clause, it should be good to fit into the pool. If you HAVE to balance it with an OPT, it's probably too powerful for right now.

Now, this is helpful, thanks

Here I go again. These are so much needed support for A Legendary Ocean Decks. Also........ Mermaids!

1002802343_ArmoredMermaidNerinie-Web.jpg.2a0ae7f9412b220a7c5263877b88a80e.jpg1842638583_SorceryMermaidIrithet-Web.jpg.2023e062cfc6e00de60b199b64db110f.jpg

89016567_InnocenceMermaidOpeline-Web.jpg.01812b9c770c208b7881bfc2f8f95399.jpg178836156_DancerMermaidArurue-Web.jpg.55967e32b41b3a31ca899a022f897245.jpg

Armored Mermaid Nerinië        WATER
Level 5
Aqua / Effect
While you control this card and "Umi", neither of those cards can be destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn: You can place 1 Whirlpool counter on an "Umi" you control. Once per turn: You can remove 3 Whirlpool counters from anywhere on the field, then target 1 card your opponent controls; banish it.
ATK 2100 / DEF 1600
20XX-EN005

Sorcery Mermaid Irithet        WATER
Level 3
Aqua / Effect
If this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 card that lists "Umi" in its effect from your Deck to your hand, but if you do, this card cannot attack or activate its effects for the rest of this turn. Once per turn: You can place 1 Whirlpool counter on an "Umi" you control. You can remove 3 Whirlpool counters from anywhere on the field, then target 1 WATER monster in you GY; add it to your hand.
ATK 1500 / DEF 800
20XX-EN006

Innocence Mermaid Opeline        WATER
Level 3
Aqua / Tuner / Effect
If this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 card in your GY that lists "Umi" in its effects; add it to your hand, but if you do, this card cannot activate its effects or be used as material for the rest of this turn. While "Umi" is on the field, this card must remain in Defense Position. Once per turn: You can place 2 Whirlpool counters on an "Umi" you control.
ATK 0 / DEF 2100
20XX-EN007

Dancer Mermaid Aruruë        WATER
Level 3
Aqua / Effect
During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 WATER monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) Once per turn: You can place 1 Whirlpool counter on an "Umi" you control. (Quick Effect): When a WATER monster you control would be destroyed by battle, you can remove 2 Whirlpool counters from anywhere on the field instead.
ATK 1300 / DEF 1200
20XX-EN008

I'll leave these here for now in the hope they're approved. I want to make a couple of Traps and Extra Deck monsters too, but I'll wait to see if I have to nerf these or if they're ok 🙂

On the mermaids: Individually, they are quite balanced. Together, they are very abusable. I don't mean this in a bad way. But each turn, you would essentially be placing 4 counters on Umi. This is literally a 5, 2, 7, 1, 6, 0, 5cycle. So every 2 turns, you would be able to utilize at least 2 of the mermaids' effects. The effects are pretty good. But maybe I'm only looking at the possibly of all 4 mermaids making it to the field.

Archived