[PHRA] Phantom Knights

819_20200602063910_img_2_niCopNqouTb2dvW

The Phantom Knights of Stained Greave

Level 3 DARK Warrior Effect Monster

1200 ATK / 600 DEF

-You can only use each of this card name's (1) and (2) effects once per turn.

(1) If a "The Phantom Knights" monster(s) is Special Summoned to your field: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, then you can increase this card's Level by 1.<Trigger>

(2) You can banish this card from your GY; Special Summon 1 "The Phantom Knights" monster from your hand, except "The Phantom Knights of Stained Greave", then you can increase its Level by 1.<Ignition>

819_20200602063939_img_1_wt0X0FRcarddH6F

The Phantom Knights of Tear Scale

Level 3 DARK Warrior Effect Monster

600 ATK / 1600 DEF

-You can only use each of this card name's (1) and (2) effects once per turn.

(1) You can discard 1 card; send 1 "The Phantom Knights" monster or 1 "Phantom Knights" Spell/Trap from your Deck to the GY, except "The Phantom Knights of Tear Scale".<Ignition>

(2) If another "The Phantom Knights" monster(s) and/or "Phantom Knights" Spell/Trap(s) is banished from your GY, while this card is in your GY: You can Special Summon this card, but banish it when it leaves the field.<Trigger>

819_20200602064005_img_2_vXkeePUNeNAMqyM

Ark Rebellion Xyz Dragon

Rank 5 DARK Dragon Xyz Effect Monster

3000 ATK / 2500 DEF

3 Level 5 monsters

-You can only use this card name's (2) effect once per turn.

(1) This Xyz Summoned card cannot be destroyed by card effects.<Continuous>

(2) You can detach 1 material from this card; you can only declare attacks with this card for the rest of this turn, also this card gains ATK equal to the combined original ATK of other monsters on the field, then if this card has a DARK Xyz Monster as material, negate the effects of all other face-up monsters on the field.<Ignition>

819_20200602064053_img_1_6fau5U3xhwhhF8v

Rank-Up-Magic Phantom Force

Quick-Play Spell

-You can only activate 1 card with this card name per turn.

(1) During the Main Phase: Banish any number of DARK monsters from your GY, then target 1 DARK Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 "The Phantom Knights", "Raidraptor", or "Xyz Dragon" Xyz Monster that is Ranks higher than that monster you control equal to the number of monsters banished, by using it as the Xyz Material. (This is treated as an Xyz Summon. Transfer its materials to the Summoned monster.) For the rest of this turn after this card resolves, you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except Xyz Monsters.

Am I the only one disappointed that Rank-Up-Magic Phantom Force cannot rank down ?

Overall very decent support.

Arc Rebellion is an offensive alternative to Dark Requiem and can pierce through pretty much anything. (also am I the only one who this card reminds of Starving Venoms anime effect ?).

3 minutes ago, ~British Soul~ said:

You probably are given it's a Rank-UP Magic.

True, although this means that Cursed Javelin is still useless to Phantom Knights.

And this would have been a fun reminder of Utopia Roots, only that this Rank down would have actually been useful.

Edit: I wonder if Stained Greeves is useful, even in the context of a pure Phantom Knight deck.

That being said Tear Scale's power more than makes up for that, being by far the prefered target for the revival traps and even able to

revive itself.

4 minutes ago, The Highlander said:

True, although this means that Cursed Javelin is still useless to Phantom Knights.

And this would have been a fun reminder of Utopia Roots, only that this Rank down would have actually been useful.

Yeah, Cursed Javelin doesn't even do anything to support PK either. It's just one in name only.
As for the idea of a Rank-Down-Magic generically, I wouldn't mind getting one that isn't locked to Utopia only.

Unless I'm missing something that's already done it, I like the idea of joining support between Phantom Knights and Raidraptors. Also just happy that Phantom Knights are getting any support at all.

Phantom Force is pretty great, and I appreciate that Ark Rebellion doesn't actually require Dark Rebellion, so that allows for a little more flexibility in the Extra Deck, even if it's just Ark Rebellion + any Dark Rank 4 vs. Dark Rebellion + Dark Requiem.

On 6/8/2020 at 9:09 AM, Phantom Roxas said:

Unless I'm missing something that's already done it, I like the idea of joining support between Phantom Knights and Raidraptors. Also just happy that Phantom Knights are getting any support at all.

Phantom Force is pretty great, and I appreciate that Ark Rebellion doesn't actually require Dark Rebellion, so that allows for a little more flexibility in the Extra Deck, even if it's just Ark Rebellion + any Dark Rank 4 vs. Dark Rebellion + Dark Requiem.

They've been doing stuff like this a lot recently. Yesterday's reveals joined UA and FA

Archived