Who is okay with me wanting a break?

Horu

It seems some users here aren't particularly fond of me wanting to take a break. Though I do have support from the users who understand why I am choosing to do so.

Dae, Giga, Godbrand, and Rayfield do support me in this and I have explained my reasons.

I plan on taking a break after the card maker is released simply to recharge and work on my own stuff. I also explained that I would still be available to anyone that just wanted to talk or needed my opinion on something. Ideally, the break would consist of me not really posting any topics/statuses of my own in the forums until I get everything sorted out.

I'm just going through a lot of stuff right now and I can't really talk about it. As stated above, I will continue to help out with the card maker and I will occasionally post something, that something could be a generalized thought or a more complex thought. Not really sure at this point.

I said I plan on taking a break once the card maker is released. Primarily so I can rest and work on my projects. Yes, I will still be available but won't be posting anything new from the time the card maker is completed to the time I complete my first project. Make sense?

55 minutes ago, Nobody Really said:

I said I plan on taking a break once the card maker is released. Primarily so I can rest and work on my projects. Yes, I will still be available but won't be posting anything new from the time the card maker is completed to the time I complete my first project. Make sense?

YCMaker hasn't given a timeline for the card maker though.  It's probably not the best idea to hinge your own quality of wellbeing on something you have no control over.  Take your break and when you feel like returning, return.  In this case, it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks.

1 hour ago, Mr Melon said:

YCMaker hasn't given a timeline for the card maker though.  It's probably not the best idea to hinge your own quality of wellbeing on something you have no control over.  Take your break and when you feel like returning, return.  In this case, it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Thanks, man. But I'm unable to work on my projects at the moment due to my laptop being halfway across town and I'm a little depressed today since my dog died right after I got out of work this morning. Really, bouncing between work, family, sleep and YCM to keep my mind busy right now. Also, I'm snowed in at work so that doesn't help matters a whole lot when it comes to project progression.

Quick update on my plan to take a break: The break will follow my next name change. Since the name change has been changed to 90 days, I will wait out the rest on this time and change to something to indicate my unwillingness to participate in any further discussions.

2 hours ago, UltimateIRS said:

if it were up to me you would currently be on a three day break

In all fairness, it made it clear that my threads are a safe zone for anyone who wishes to speak their piece. I guess I should make it a little more clear in the title of the threads.

Who knows what someone MIGHT do during your absence? I may post some random card(s)/archetype(s) but other than what random idea springing in my head i will probably will not be super active thanks to my new job. You gotta recharge your batteries when you can and hang out with friends (in real life) or enjoy some kind of entertainment. 

On 2/18/2021 at 10:58 AM, UltimateIRS said:

I was not aware that anyone was opposed to you wanting to take a break.

It's a free country and such he can do whatever* he wants to do. 

13 hours ago, Nobody Really said:

Quick update on my plan to take a break: The break will follow my next name change. Since the name change has been changed to 90 days, I will wait out the rest on this time and change to something to indicate my unwillingness to participate in any further discussions.

Change your name to MIA AWOL BYE

Archived