Reactions

Loleo

I want to add more reactions! <3 and Thanks! I know they may seem less meaningful the more you give out but it is how we show appreciation for a card when you don't want to type an essay. Also does anybody look at ratings?

I support this. Since the heart is the default "like", when I want to put an extra special reaction, my options are a trophy would seem more at home as a "great review/feedback/argument" than anything else, or the happy face reaction that is more so for when you are laughing at/with people.
The other 2 are not exactly celebratory in nature, and they are fine... but yeah, we could use some more.

Not the biggest priority in the site but would still be nice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
44 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

@YCMaker Do you think this could be done? In that link you shared about Ranks/Badges I noticed those guys have 2 more reactions (+1 and Meow). I'm positive the community will appreciate more options to react.

What do you have in mind?

A heart one but red or pink I think would be nice. the default "like" is a blue and white heart, but I'd like to say "I love it" sometimes rather than "I like it", though other than that, I actually think some of the Horu suggestions would be pretty cool as well xD

6 hours ago, YCMaker said:

What do you have in mind?

I took this long to reply because I've been asking left and right what would people like. The absolute consensus is "YES, we want more reactions!", but everyone has their own ideas, which are pretty hard to condense into one or two new reactions. Being this the case, my take would be pretty similar to Sleepy's: A pink/red heart that denotes an "I love it" of sorts. Another one could be an Astonished/Amazed reaction, to show your admiration/respect for other people's posts. And personally, the one I'd like the most is a... dog reaction *blushes*. Yeah, I know it sounds childish, but this kind of... mainstream cuteness is pretty popular nowadays, and considering there are a lot of young people coming here to post their cards, it might be a good idea. Evidently, this idea comes from that "Meow" reaction I saw in the other forum.

set-cute-shiba-inu-puppy-600w-1711040875.jpg.434cc601eb0dd86e988ffbb4867941cc.jpg

Just an example. Obviously we'd need to make our own, as this is copyrighted. I believe we could have the top left or top right as a "friendly alternative" to the classic blue heart reaction. Or make Pink/Red heart replace Blue heart and have this one as the normal "Like"? The plan is to make it as appealing as possible, and let's be honest, who dislikes freaking Shiba Inus? 

I'm all for adding some new ones as well.

When I react to something, I usually use the regular "like" and the "thanks" icons.  For me, I just use one as a more intense version of the other, so some different colors for a simple "like" sounds nice as a cleaner way to differentiate.  In addition to that I'd also like to see some kind of "medal" icon to go along with the trophy one.

I like the idea of adding a Surprised/Shocked reaction, and a lighthearted/animal one sounds like it would be fun too.

19 hours ago, God Emperor Cow said:

So I just tested it with the kind shuckle tinkerer there

reactions besides "like" also add to "rep" total which seems a bit off, especially as some are things like "confused"

Lol, thanks.

Yeah, all the reactions add to the rep count which does not necessarily make sense.  I feel like this is somewhat more relevant in the debates section; it doesn't make sense to give a post a "negative" reaction (Sad/Confused) if it's just going to raise that person's rep score.

If there was a way to show what reactions people received individually, that would probably do more to boost people's willingness to give various reactions.  I dunno if that's possible though.

On 6/27/2021 at 12:59 PM, Tinkerer said:

If there was a way to show what reactions people received individually, that would probably do more to boost people's willingness to give various reactions.  I dunno if that's possible though.

This is available right now, Tink. If you go to your profile and click on your Rep, you'll see a log recording all reactions received and given, divided by type. What's funny is, unless I'm wrong, that earlier this didn't work properly. I remember checking it once or twice a year ago or something, and the total reactions recorded were never equal to your total rep, but now that I went there to double check for this answer, it now seems to work perfectly.

Update: Perfectly my ass, it shows my reaction activity correctly, but looking at one or two people with higher react count, the total is not correct at all xD. Don't ask me why.

6 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Update: Perfectly my ass, it shows my reaction activity correctly, but looking at one or two people with higher react count, the total is not correct at all xD. Don't ask me why.

maybe only started counting once the update happened

(btw anyone else having the issue in this thread where "go to first unread post" doesn't?)

10 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

This is available right now, Tink. If you go to your profile and click on your Rep, you'll see a log recording all reactions received and given, divided by type. What's funny is, unless I'm wrong, that earlier this didn't work properly. I remember checking it once or twice a year ago or something, and the total reactions recorded were never equal to your total rep, but now that I went there to double check for this answer, it now seems to work perfectly.

I kinda meant each of them as actively separate rather than under the single "reputation" heading.

...Of course, at that point what would count as a "rep"? Just the "like" reaction? Hmm, I think I'm just complicating things needlessly...

25 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

I kinda meant each of them as actively separate rather than under the single "reputation" heading.

...Of course, at that point what would count as a "rep"? Just the "like" reaction? Hmm, I think I'm just complicating things needlessly...

I understand the concern of not wanting people to get rep which is considered as positive through the normally questionable concerned emoji but yeah the topic is complicated

12 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

11 hours ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

I understand the concern of not wanting people to get rep which is considered as positive through the normally questionable concerned emoji but yeah the topic is complicated

No, no, my friends, the topic is not complicated. It's just about a single thing: Support the Shiba Inu reaction, and ye shall return to the path of truth and enlightenment.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived