5Ds Japanese/Sub/Manga Official Discussion Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

34 needs a sub badly.

On the subject of Birthmarks and the special powers thereof, is it possible that the powers correlate to the signer's Dragon in question?

Aki's powers are very destructive, as can be seen during the Fortune Cup, just like the Black Rose Dragon.

Ruka's power - gaining entrance to the Duel Spirit Realm, or whatever it's called - could be considered pacifistic, much like Ancient Fairy Dragon.

Also, since both Jack and Yusei have seemed to earn their birthmarks lately - during the last two years, since they aren't even referred to during the flashbacks - it becomes obvious that these powers grow over time. Both of Aki's and Ruka's powers were activated a long time ago, and I don't expect any less from Yusei and Jack.

Once again, good fanfic material.

34 needs a sub badly.

On the subject of Birthmarks and the special powers thereof' date=' is it possible that the powers correlate to the signer's Dragon in question?

Aki's powers are very destructive, as can be seen during the Fortune Cup, just like the Black Rose Dragon.

Ruka's power - gaining entrance to the Duel Spirit Realm, or whatever it's called - could be considered pacifistic, much like Ancient Fairy Dragon.

Also, since both Jack and Yusei have seemed to earn their birthmarks lately - during the last two years, since they aren't even referred to during the flashbacks - it becomes obvious that these powers grow over time. Both of Aki's and Ruka's powers were activated a long time ago, and I don't expect any less from Yusei and Jack.

[/quote']

But maybe Aki & Ruka got their powers as psychics instead...their powers seem to come natrally & with no relationship to being a Signer...

But if your theory is true, I can guess that Yusei will have a defensive ability & Jack has a "pure power" ability.

34 needs a sub badly.

On the subject of Birthmarks and the special powers thereof' date=' is it possible that the powers correlate to the signer's Dragon in question?

[/quote']

But maybe Aki & Ruka got their powers as psychics instead...their powers seem to come natrally & with no relationship to being a Signer...

But if your theory is true, I can guess that Yusei will have a defensive ability & Jack has a "pure power" ability.

You're probably right about Aki, but we don't know when she actually got Black Rose Dragon.

I think you're right about Yusei and Jack's abilities. Yusei got his Birthmark when he went to get Stardust Dragon back, saving it in a sense. Jack most likely got his Birthmark upon becoming King.

34 needs a sub badly.

[/quote']

Even if we assume that Aki's powers origin from some sort of psychic source, how come Ruka has a special ability as well? What are the odds of two random people given special abilities, AND also happens to become Signers? I doubt they're that good.

34 needs a sub badly.

[/quote']

You're probably right about Aki, but we don't know when she actually got Black Rose Dragon.

I think you're right about Yusei and Jack's abilities. Yusei got his Birthmark when he went to get Stardust Dragon back, saving it in a sense. Jack most likely got his Birthmark upon becoming King.

No, during ep 25, they already showed that Jack had the dragon wing birthmark since he was in Satellite 2 yrs ago.

34 needs a sub badly.

[/quote']

No, during ep 25, they already showed that Jack had the dragon wing birthmark since he was in Satellite 2 yrs ago.

Well, I was going to watch episode 25 again anyway. I seriously need to watch the subs.

34 needs a sub badly.

[/quote']

Well, I was going to watch episode 25 again anyway. I seriously need to watch the subs.

And, watching episode 25 right now, I just noticed that Yusei didn't actually gain a birthmark until after his duel with Aki. It only appeared temporarily before that.

[spoiler=Views]

- Me need subs lol.

- I just <3 how Rua gets the wrong end of the stick sometimes, it makes me lol when he hears the suggestion, and Ruka's reaction. Then again Ruka's reaction to what says/does makes me lol.

- Quick recovery injuries ftl.

- Lol at everyone dressed up.....god I dislike people pulling their socks up...sorry Ru Ru. (It was bad enough when Ryan did it in HSM3)

- I know Divine was testing Rua, but was the chain really necessary?

- Its been a long 21 weeks

- I <3 Rua's Tuner its sooooo cute.

- Divine's deck was very predictable....alot of people knew what type he would play. Although it was nice to see the Psychics in action

- Yay for Power Tool's first appearance

- Poor Ru Ru losing, I have a feeling Divine was more interesting in Ruka than her twin brother.

Link: Tudou

Nice spam.

Haven't seen the episode coz of streaming issues' date=' but my mood should tell all. I r sad.

[/quote']

:shock: what?...I didn't think I was spamming, sorry... :(

Anyways, but why do you suppose that Aki has been ignored in the plot for quite some time now? Maybe she'll come in later, but they just kinda dropped her... :?

Aki mainly served as the Arcadia Movement's way to spread their ideals to the world during the Fortune Cup, as well as introducing the third Signer. She had reason to start hanging out with Yusei and the group until now because it is clear that they need all five Signers to stop the Dark Signers, even though I already count two losses. The first was is the obvious Kyosuke Kiryu defeating Yusei, the second is my suspicion that Divine is a Dark Signer and how it's obvious that Rua is the Fifth Signer.

It wouldn't surprise me if Divine was a Dark Signer. There's more to him than they're letting on right now...

I was upset that Rua lost. He needs to win; he's too cool not to win!

Roxas, I believe that Rua is the fifth Signer as well. Power Tool Dragon looks like a mechanical version of the fifth dragon (now that I look at it after somebody suggested it in another forum). I'm just wondering why we haven't seen anything like a mark on him yet. Maybe he needs the actual card? Doubt it. Ruka doesn't have the Ancient Fairy Dragon yet and she has her mark. Makes me wonder...

Aki mainly served as the Arcadia Movement's way to spread their ideals to the world during the Fortune Cup' date=' as well as introducing the third Signer. She had reason to start hanging out with Yusei and the group until now because it is clear that they need all five Signers to stop the Dark Signers, even though I already count two losses. The first was is the obvious Kyosuke Kiryu defeating Yusei, the second is my suspicion that Divine is a Dark Signer and how it's obvious that Rua is the Fifth Signer.

[/quote']

I doubt that last statement here.

If Divine were a Dark Signer, he could just do away with Aki ages ago & use Arcadia Movement to kill off the Signers.

And Rua is just thinking that since he's the twin sibling of a destined heroine, he should be one himself.

Here's another crazy theory-It is probable that Misty might be involved in Arcadia Movement in her past. (The thing that she "fortune-tells" serves as evidence to it.)

It might be possible that Misty could be a Dark Signer as well. There's just this evil feeling about her...

We'll find out soon enough...

Actually, her status as a Dark Signer has already been confirmed as she will be dueling in a future episode...and she will have another one of those Nazca Gods as her Ace Card.

Archived