Post a Pic of the Real You!

Shikаmaru

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When something is mainstream, people become bored of it. Because of this, a couple of them decide to go against the status quo, i.e going from Gangnam Style to some unknown band/singer/act. This makes the unknown person/people popular and therefore mainstream, and so the cycle resets itself.

Because I'm smarterer than all of you guys.

Then again, you cant avoid mainstream now. Going indie makes you a hipster, and Hipster is mainstream. Avoiding the mainstream is mainstream.

You cant win! :o

I was called a hipster by my friend. I asked her why, and she said "Everything about you, the way you dress, the way you talk, EVERYTHING!" I pretty much took it as a compliment, Idk I kinda like the presence hipsters leave. Then a couple of days ago she changed her mind, and said I'm more "Vintage". This just about made my day; I'm in love with everything vintage. Though when I think of my style I don't really get it it's like a cross breed between everything. I have certain days where I can be preppy as hell, or like today I really decided to collaborate with the season. But I'd probably say vintage is the best you can get with me.

Metalhead for moi \m/:D\m/ Normally I adorn myself in metallica t-shirts; I couldn't find one the day of those pics.

I also play a lot of Metal Guitar (though I seem better at blues) and am currently in a metal band(Though we cant decide precisely what genre we are)

So yeah. I be metalhead. Whether it's traditional metal, mainstream metal or indie/unheard of metal, I probably listen to it.

What? Expected me to look differently?

Nah, I don't have clear expectations for most, although I often ask myself what the person behind the screen looks like.

I didn't know you were still around though =o (and that you were Berserker).xD

Well, regarding the style discussion.

I've always had a thing for some Japanese fashions (some because there's also weird-a** stuff out there), but I mostly stick with Sweet/Casual Gal lately or whatever looks cute, yet comfortable.

Mostly dishing out the over-the-top hair, make-up, clothing layers and going for something Agejo- or Rock-related for a night out.

I still wear Classic Lolita and Hime style sometimes, but rarely.

/maximum-wapanese-hipster

But for everyday life, I dress casually. Ain't nobody got time for piling up those hair experiments and false lashes everyday.x)

Okay, so I found something more recent.

[spoiler=It's sideways, but bear with me]uypoj.jpg

/Incapableofsmilingforpictures

Looking good, bro.

I guess I'm the only one with time for verity, thought I'm worried... I need to start buying summer cloths, it's only what 4 to 5 months away. Plus I need to buy more converse. Oh and for winter I need more sweaters, running out of stuff to wear. I'm kinda panicking I have worn everything in my closet at least twice since the beginning of the year. >.<

Wardrobe?

My wardrobe is filled with polo shirts and jeans. And one pair of snickers.

And I just alternate between them. Ain't nobody got time for variety.

[spoiler=Snickers?]

n50195eb293882.jpg

Nah, I concur. Because I study in a city that prides itself on looking old and has paving-stones everywhere, it's impossible to run around with heels.xD So I stick with the most comfortable stuff possible, usually sneakers or anti-foot-pain shoes.:3 Plus, it's better if you walk around a lot.xD

Opal, I'm curious if you had an image of what I looked like before I posted pictures.

Tbh, I imagined you to look like the character you played as in the mafia game for a while.

lol, sorry...x)

I have this habit of imagining what people could look like based on their avatars.=o Not sure why and it's automatic. But I don't judge people on it (and not when they actually post a picture).

I guess I'm the only one with time for verity, thought I'm worried... I need to start buying summer cloths, it's only what 4 to 5 months away. Plus I need to buy more converse. Oh and for winter I need more sweaters, running out of stuff to wear. I'm kinda panicking I have worn everything in my closet at least twice since the beginning of the year. >.<

Well, we're lucky that we have these post-holiday sales going on right now. They mostly have left-over winter stuff and some summer clothes.

[spoiler=Am I not turtle enough for the turtle club?]

rll2dx.jpg

Yes. You turtle enough.

And turtles are cute as hell!

Got to love turtleneck sweaters for the winter. Keeps me from catching colds so easily at least.

Tbh, I imagined you to look like the character you played as in the mafia game for a while.

lol, sorry...x)

I have this habit of imagining what people could look like based on their avatars.=o Not sure why and it's automatic. But I don't judge people on it (and not when they actually post a picture).

Except...my avatar is of stick people. xD

Also, game posted! =D

I had some converse a few weeks ago. They were about a month old, and some of them Gorrilaz converse, and were fricking epic. But I lost them around a shopping centre near my school when I was out with my mates, and haven't been back to check if they've been handed in. So I doubt they're still there, if they ever were.

I doubt someone stole them, because it was only one shoe that was missing. But y'never know, I guess. >.> I'm gonna go check on thursday, I think.

Wardrobe?

My wardrobe is filled with polo shirts and jeans. And one pair of sneakers.

And I just alternate between them. Ain't nobody got time for variety.

That's me two years ago.

I want to laugh at you for worrying, but even I haven't gone through all of my clothes twice since New Years. :\

How does that happen?

My wardrobe is filled with a copious amount of moderately high-end sweaters and as we were discussing prior, far too many button ups.

I've also got a ridiculous amount of vests, considering they cost a hefty amount and I never like being 'over-dressed'. I just really like the pairing of a button up, and a vest with simple jeans.

I also tend to spend around $400-600 per season, that ends up being a pair of shoes (I own not a single pair of sneakers), 3 sweaters and another pair of pants I really don't need.

I care way too much about my image, but I think that just comes with living in New York.

Archived