Yu-Gi-Oh! New Generation Dueling CCG

-DOOM

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1292014142' post='4842070']
Yeah, sorry I can't be active. Will be even less so over Christmas. =s
[/quote]

I guess most of us will be less active over christmas...

anyway:

|Trap Hole Construction Kit|0|SET1|Spell Card|Spell||Quick-Play|||You can only activate this when your opponent Summons a monster with higher ATK than the ATK of all monsters you control. Send the Summoned monster and 1 of monsters to the Graveyard.|

|Extend|0|SET1|Spell Card|Spell|||||During either player's turn, if a Level 4 or lower monster you control battles a monster, you can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to double your monster's ATK until the End Phase. Your opponent takes no Battle Damage this turn.|

|Act of Desperation|0|SET1|Spell Card|Spell|||||You can only activate this card when the number of your removed from play cards is higher than the number of cards in your Graveyard. Draw 2 cards.|

Better?

[i]"|Satanic Guard|0|SET1|Fiend/Effect|Fire|4||900|1700|If you have 6 or more monsters in your Graveyard, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. If a FIRE Fiend-Type monster you control would be destroyed by battle, you can remove from play this card from your Graveyard and send 1 card from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard instead.|[/i]
[i]
[/i][i][b]I don't like 'cannot be destroyed by battle' since we're avoiding removal being too easy. How about 'cannot be destroyed by battle 2/3 times per turn'?[/b]"
[/i]
i don't get it...[i]
[/i]

[quote name='.Supervillain' timestamp='1292013289' post='4842038']
K. Do you know some people who could join this?
[/quote]

Neg 10 rep here. <_<<_<

PM Purple Whatevers? :unsure:

[quote name='.Supervillain' timestamp='1292014733' post='4842097']
I guess most of us will be less active over christmas...

anyway:

|Trap Hole Construction Kit|0|SET1|Spell Card|Spell||Quick-Play|||You can only activate this when your opponent Summons a monster with higher ATK than the ATK of all monsters you control. Send the Summoned monster and 1 of monsters to the Graveyard.|

|Extend|0|SET1|Spell Card|Spell|||||During either player's turn, if a Level 4 or lower monster you control battles a monster, you can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to double your monster's ATK until the End Phase. Your opponent takes no Battle Damage this turn.|

|Act of Desperation|0|SET1|Spell Card|Spell|||||You can only activate this card when the number of your removed from play cards is higher than the number of cards in your Graveyard. Draw 2 cards.|

Better?

[i]"|Satanic Guard|0|SET1|Fiend/Effect|Fire|4||900|1700|If you have 6 or more monsters in your Graveyard, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. If a FIRE Fiend-Type monster you control would be destroyed by battle, you can remove from play this card from your Graveyard and send 1 card from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard instead.|[/i]
[i]
[/i][i][b]I don't like 'cannot be destroyed by battle' since we're avoiding removal being too easy. How about 'cannot be destroyed by battle 2/3 times per turn'?[/b]"
[/i]
i don't get it...[i]
[/i]
[/quote]

Like with Shield Wing.

Add "your" to Trap Hole CK.

Slippery-slope isn't colloquial, it's a game-design term. It means that when you start winning, it becomes easier to put yourself in an even better position. It's fine in very small amounts, but too much and anyone that takes a noticable lead pretty much auto-wins, and you get a lame duck situation. A lame duck situation is where the game isn't over, but it's almost certain a specific player will win, so there's no point player. Lame ducks are very bad.

Act only works if you're Decks acting very well anyway, so is a slippery slope, and getting it when you're losing gives you a lame duck. Most cards that do this in Yugioh are overpowered 'all or nothing' cards that stop player-player interaction and shouldn't exist, or aren't played because they're terrible. At the very least, it should only require X (where X is small) number of RFG'd cards, which allows it to be useful if your Deck has been working at any point during the game (although it still leads to dead hands, which no-one wants)

[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1292019224' post='4842283']
Slippery-slope isn't colloquial, it's a game-design term. It means that when you start winning, it becomes easier to put yourself in an even better position. It's fine in very small amounts, but too much and anyone that takes a noticable lead pretty much auto-wins, and you get a lame duck situation. A lame duck situation is where the game isn't over, but it's almost certain a specific player will win, so there's no point player. Lame ducks are very bad.

Act only works if you're Decks acting very well anyway, so is a slippery slope, and getting it when you're losing gives you a lame duck. Most cards that do this in Yugioh are overpowered 'all or nothing' cards that stop player-player interaction and shouldn't exist, or aren't played because they're terrible. At the very least, it should only require X (where X is small) number of RFG'd cards, which allows it to be useful if your Deck has been working at any point during the game (although it still leads to dead hands, which no-one wants)
[/quote]

:unsure:

Thank you for explaining :lol:

But if I make the card require 5 rfg'd cards for example, the card would be a dead draw in the beginning of every duel....

[quote name='.Supervillain' timestamp='1292019844' post='4842323']
:unsure:

Thank you for explaining :lol:

But if I make the card require 5 rfg'd cards for example, the card would be a dead draw in the beginning of every duel....
[/quote]

Exactly :s

How about something like this:

|Act of Desperation|
|Spell Card|
|Activate one of the following effects:
* Remove from play 1 card in your Graveyard and draw 1 card during the End Phase.
* Activate only if you have 4 or more cards removed from play. Remove from play 1 monster you control and draw 2 cards.|

That seems to avoid the slippery slope and the dead-draw.

[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1292021113' post='4842404']
Exactly :s

How about something like this:

|Act of Desperation|
|Spell Card|
|Activate one of the following effects:
* Remove from play 1 card in your Graveyard and draw 1 card during the End Phase.
* Activate only if you have 4 or more cards removed from play. Remove from play 1 monster you control and draw 2 cards.|

That seems to avoid the slippery slope and the dead-draw.
[/quote]

Can you submit cards in YVD format plz. :(

Archived