Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal Sub/Manga Official Discussion Thread

.Nu-13

I fecking knew 0 was a thing. I've been saying so forever now. Cool though 99.

I'm not surprised that Number 0 is gonna be a thing tbh.

Yeah, this Duel is going well. Maybe not as much as the Nasch Duel (opinions may vary), but much better than the Don Thousand Duel.

Yeah, this duel is definitely better than the disappointment that was the Don Thousand duel.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...this duel is just Yugi vs. Atem...

...and, that's an awful lot of characters who don't matter watching the duel...

...and...okay, the "five versions of the boss monster on the field" thing was how Yusei should've beaten Jack.

Not surprised at all. Since it is drawing a parallel to the ceremonial Duel, I knew there'd be a bunch of spectators. I expected Tron to be one of them (since he's practically the Marik parallel), but his sons are close enough. I'm sure they're getting a gripping view of the action from so far away. At least there's not as much pointless commentary between the minor characters.

The 5Ds writers actually made Yusei vs Jack genuinely gripping and exciting with the two of them constantly trumping each other and outplaying one another. Yuma and Astral are doing okay, but Astral's cards haven't been on the same level of fairness as Yusei and Jack. Plus, the outcome is more obvious here (Yuma wins) whereas I was convinced for the entire Duel that Yusei vs Jack could go either way.

I find the best move of that episode not to be "Yuma takes advantage of Astral's effects getting negated" but "Yuma bluffing the hell out of Astral to take down 39"

You're always hoping you can pull off a move like that in real life, but nobody ever falls for those bluffs in my experience. The only reason he might have is because he knows Yuma so well and almost always has a trick up his sleeve, or, you know, plot.

I find the best move of that episode not to be "Yuma takes advantage of Astral's effects getting negated" but "Yuma bluffing the hell out of Astral to take down 39"

While successfully bluffing Astral is an in-universe accomplishment, I knew he was bluffing. It was actually kind of obvious. Granted, Yugioh characters almost never bluff, least of all in a way that would cost them the Duel. The fact it would have cost Yuma the Duel is what made the bluff effective.

While successfully bluffing Astral is an in-universe accomplishment, I knew he was bluffing. It was actually kind of obvious. Granted, Yugioh characters almost never bluff, least of all in a way that would cost them the Duel. The fact it would have cost Yuma the Duel is what made the bluff effective.

It's not that believable, though, because what exactly was Astral afraid of? He might lose, what, 1 monster? He did have a card specifically for the situation where he did negate the attack, but still.

It's not that believable, though, because what exactly was Astral afraid of? He might lose, what, 1 monster? He did have a card specifically for the situation where he did negate the attack, but still.

Considering he had only a little over 1000 LP, it would simply be wiser not to risk it in case Yuma had a card or effect to drastically alter ATK. Yuma had 2 Set cards and a card in hand, and he had declared an attack that, if not responded to, would cost Yuma the Duel. It makes sense to assume he's planning something (in RL games, if a LIGHT attacks a stronger monster, they probably have Honest, or a Forbidden Lance, etc).

What bugs me is not that the bluff was obvious, but that the card Yuma was planning to use wasn't actually that good, even against Utopia. Also, Astral should have suspected Double-Up Chance would happen next.

Considering he had only a little over 1000 LP, it would simply be wiser not to risk it in case Yuma had a card or effect to drastically alter ATK. Yuma had 2 Set cards and a card in hand, and he had declared an attack that, if not responded to, would cost Yuma the Duel. It makes sense to assume he's planning something (in RL games, if a LIGHT attacks a stronger monster, they probably have Honest, or a Forbidden Lance, etc).

What bugs me is not that the bluff was obvious, but that the card Yuma was planning to use wasn't actually that good, even against Utopia. Also, Astral should have suspected Double-Up Chance would happen next.

I guess that combined with the fact that he had a backup kind of made up for it in the end.

What I thought was more interesting was the moment when Shark and Yuma were dueling where if Yuma would have continued with his attack (and attempted to win) he would have actually lost, but since he decided not to attack it went in his favor. It was raw, so I didn't actually catch 100% of what was going on.

Archived