Exceeds → Xyz

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG its Xyz (ex-seize)

DUMB! and where did u see that box?

this sucks... explains the Bugmans tho

but still and the Numbers name changes suck!

I think its

[Machine / Xyz / Effect]

instead of

[Machine / XYZ / Effect

THIS SUCKS!

And why? Doesn't "Exceed" in the Japanese have a very blatant "D" sound or am I just too used to "Exceed" to remember?

actually its

Ekushīzu which is Xyz (ex-seize)

ekush - x

i~ - y

zu - z

Well isn't this another lame attempt by konami to show us they rule the Gaming industry <_<. I swear...why can't they ever make up their minds and just keep the cards AS THEY WERE IN JAPAN?! I mean seriously! They need to step down and bring in some new idealists...especially some of those from this site.

Well isn't this another lame attempt by konami to show us they rule the Gaming industry <_<. I swear...why can't they ever make up their minds and just keep the cards AS THEY WERE IN JAPAN?! I mean seriously! They need to step down and bring in some new idealists...especially some of those from this site.

Uhh...

The post above you just explained that this WAS the name is Japan.

"Exceed" was a fan translation that has been proven incorrect.

Eh, I prefer Exceed, but the "Ex-seize" doesn't sound too bad. I'm just mad that Konami decided that poor literacy is much cooler now that they have to spell like "Xyz", which honestly would be pronounced "Zize" imo.

Definitely getting this, even though I don't usually get the starter decks.

Uhh...

The post above you just explained that this WAS the name is Japan.

"Exceed" was a fan translation that has been proven incorrect.

I trust Konami's skill with interpreting the Japanese language only slightly further than I trust Viz. In other words, I don't.

In my opinion, the biggest whole in translating it Xyz, is that - if it was actually intended to be Xyz, it would probably just have been written "XYZ Shoukan" instead of "Ekushizu Shoukan".

God no. FUNImation wouldn't be as good as Vizmedia. Vizmedia do the Yugioh Mangas, so they Probably Understand it better.

Apparently you've never read any Viz manga. They know less Japanese than I do.

XYZ (ksw-z)

interj. Informal

Used to indicate to someone that the zipper of his or her pants is open.

[ex(amine) y(our) z(ipper).]

+rep

I trust Konami's skill with interpreting the Japanese language only slightly further than I trust Viz. In other words, I don't.

In my opinion, the biggest whole in translating it Xyz, is that - if it was actually intended to be Xyz, it would probably just have been written "XYZ Shoukan" instead of "Ekushizu Shoukan".

All non-Japanese words in Japan was written in Katakana, except if it's a person's name (and even then...).

In this case, they made up a word: "Xyz". That word is not in the Japanese language.

Thus, it could easily have been the intention all along. Just look at the Bugmen...

Guest REDRUM

XYZ (ksw-z)

interj. Informal

Used to indicate to someone that the zipper of his or her pants is open.

[ex(amine) y(our) z(ipper).]

You made my day.

Archived