The Duel Portal Program - available now

.Leo

I'm pretty much guessing that once some new inexperienced members create cards for this, they'll end up making OP'ed cards like "Super Omega Dark Dragon of Ultimate Destruction Hurr Durr Zilla" with 9999 ATK and DEF.

This is why Duel Portal is not effective, because it lacks regulation on the cards that are being uploaded. Duel Portal has potential for more, but with no guidance or control, it will fail, eventually.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Errata Kaize Limiter to "Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. You can special Summon this card (from your hand) When an "Accel-Stigma" monster returns to your hand by an effect of an "Accel-Stigma" monster. When this card is Special Summoned: Negate the effects of all monster your opponent control until the End Phase. If this effect was chained to An effect of your opponent's monster: that monster cannot attack this turn. If a Spell/Trap card or effect on the field is activated: You can return this card to your hand."

EDIT: I agree Aether, we do need standard, that where i felt comfortable at.

Why are you people so inept at balanced cards and / or good design cards? Seriously, first Dark Reborn, now Rose Dragon of Darkness? Oh wow, like 1 DARK Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Plant-Type monsters is so hard to accomplish.

inb4countlessrage I'm also at fault at doing that.

I'm pretty much guessing that once some new inexperienced members create cards for this, they'll end up making OP'ed cards like "Super Omega Dark Dragon of Ultimate Destruction Hurr Durr Zilla" with 9999 ATK and DEF.

We can somehow jiujitsu this into a teaching moment for them :)

@ Archelaus - I made the Max ATK and DEF 5000 for that very reason XD

Then I will leave name. Derpman. Just that. So now it should work eventually? Is there an average?

Thanks. Yes it should work eventually, do you have a slow internet maybe? It usually just takes 3 seconds.

I tried to upload one, and it is still going......

Ok, sorry you're having trouble. I am working on a Webpage version of the Code Creator/ Uploader. Maybe you can use that when it gets out.

This is why Duel Portal is not effective, because it lacks regulation on the cards that are being uploaded. Duel Portal has potential for more, but with no guidance or control, it will fail, eventually.

We can create a banlist, and i'll make the program compatible for it. However the banlist has to be optional to follow. We have people like .Rai who want to host a CCG on it, or people who might find it fun to use a bunch of broken cards. So I was thinking multiple potential banlists (like Advanced, Traditional in the TCG), and you can coordinate with whoever you're dueling on which banlist to follow. Sound good?

@Corb: That one I thought was good, I did not make it, but is it op'd or up'd?

it is OP'd .__. summoning a giant beatstick with an effect that can possibly screw over the opponent at the price of 850 LP from deck or hand? if anything, add more cost to it like discard a specific card type(s) and add a condition to it.

@ Archelaus - I made the Max ATK and DEF 5000 for that very reason XD

Won't stop Level 1 monsters with 5k ATK though. XD I think you should host a tourney for fun. However, checking the cards' balance before starting. It'd be fun.

BTW, The Rising Titan is too OP'ed. Any Level 6 and above from hand or DECK??? Really broke.

EDIT: A YVD card messed up the system again. Named "Furtive Knight".

Morphing Gel - Another broken card.

A tournament sounds like a very fun idea Archelaus. We can do that after we get at least 1 banlist together. A problem will be though if someone uploads cards at the last minute, but if necessary we could close down the uploader for a short bit.

Closing it for the remainder of the tourney seems fine. I was thinking that if we set up a banlist and people proceed to upload more and more cards, wouldn't it clutter the list meaning more and more cards get placed into it, it seems like too much work. Also, it's hard to monitor. :/

Personally, you should just do something similar to the character deck contest that Josh held recently-ish.

Make a deck that would reflect the anime character you would otherwise be. He never got to the second stage which I assume was a dueling period on YVD. This is an easier program, so seems perfect.

Galkin - Actually with those errors it's the card submitted before it that's trouble. In this case "Super Terraforming" was not correct.

.Rai - This is a cool idea but i'm afraid this requires everyone to upload cards of their anime character. And there's at least 20 people so... that's a lotta cards. Maybe we should just have a regular tournament?

Closing the uploader for the remainder of the tourney seems fine. I was thinking that if we set up a banlist and people proceed to upload more and more cards, wouldn't it clutter the list meaning more and more cards get placed into it, it seems like too much work. Also, it's hard to monitor. :/

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a few cards alike the ones in TCG / OCG, mainly because there aren't any real staples in this program. Also, just found a Synchro Monster (Arcane Necron), that's missing it's Summoning requirements (aka 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters). That needs to be fixed.

Are sure? How the hell did I manage that?

Edit: seattleite are you able to fix this?

it is OP'd .__. summoning a giant beatstick with an effect that can possibly screw over the opponent at the price of 850 LP from deck or hand? if anything, add more cost to it like discard a specific card type(s) and add a condition to it.

I'm blind, I thought it just said level 6 only, not any higher, thanks....I'll know not to use it.....I wonder who actually made it......

It's preeettty much become a CCG. Not that that's a bad thing though.

Yeah, the anime thing probably would fail.

The MOST important thing when it comes to doing projects like this is to establish a current balance level.

In this case, the balance level should probably be about the same balance level as the current meta. And basically:

- This means, if people please keep to that power level, there will not be any power creep. Which is good, so people have to keep that in mind.

- Oh, and people won't make OPed or UPed cards.

Also:

OPed cards should either be removed or nerfed. Banlists are difficult to maintain, and practically useless. Occasionally, if a card suddenly becomes OPed, because of a combo or something, it can be banned or restricted in a way. That way, the banlist becomes minimum and only relevant to combos rather than individual card design.

UPed cards should either be removed or buffed. There won't be much removal because it's early in the project and, likely, there won't be any alternatives to that card so removing it removes any option you had at all. So just strengthen them a little so the balance level is pretty much even.

Someone will have to do a sweep tomorrow. I'll see if I can do it.

I might have a go creating some cards on the Hamachi network. Im using the alias 'Void' in Hamachi. Also, I will have to shorten my username when signing off a card to 'Oblivion', since the character limit is 15 long and my full username is 16 characters long, excluding the space. I sugest you extend that to 20 characters to avoid this issue in the future.

Well, if you do, i would just nerf them all, sure it might take awhile and make lots of people mad, but thats the only way you could do it.....

So, what, you can't just institute 3 different places, one for banned cards, one for limited cards, and one for semi-limited cards? Is it that hard? Just curious....

And wouldn't it be kinda hard to determine whats op'd or not, b/c I'll tell you that I'd know lots of people would stop playing on this program if every card they made was op'd in ones mind, not a poll.......

----

My Suggestion:

Have a Poll Set up and have players pick cards they think that are op'd and say how bad and then have a number counter underneath saying how many actually agree.....So that way its not just 1 persons opinion, is everyones......

Archived