The Duel Portal Program - available now

.Leo

Thank you I guess....

Well, anyhow, i thought about adding Konami made cards, it would be a nice if someone put up a list of cards they don't want from it and what they do want.....I was thinking staples but that has a few to a lot of cards you guys hate, so any idea's on what cards from konami made to add to it? Just curious...

I'm actually inclined to not have any Konami-made cards here...

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Dark Nova Dragon should be removed as well. I'm ashamed that I even made that card. <_<

EDIT: Also, Explosive Cylinder is broken and bad card design. I mean, set a lot of S/T, don't summon anything, opponent attacks, attack negated and double damage? Why are people so bad at this? D:

So I take it there's no balanced form of Heavy Storm yet to punish such an overextension?

If even so, that's too powerful, would changing it to 1.5x the ATK make it weak enough to be allowed? Remember that it's like Magic Cylinder but requires a direct attack.

In the current meta, Magic Cylinder sucks, so another nonchainable -1 that only negates an attack and does a variable amount of damage to the opponent can't be too much more powerful.

Also, Card Reflection's revealing is supposed to be part of the effect. This can be remedied by combining the first two sentences and putting a ", then" between them.

Also, if Card Reflection proves to be too powerful, change it so it only works on Traps. You wouldn't be able to activate the trap cards and your opponent can just dig up the counters to stop them.

Well, I was thinking like after this set, i was going to add a card set of konami made cards I wanted to use but couldn't because all the dueiling interfaces online don't have them added and takes them a week to add them, thats all....and if you have those, you hould have the cards that work well with them.....But anyhow, I got to go, I'm headed to ND and its 4 hour drive from where I live, so ttyl and etc....

Doesn't matter if there's a balanced Heavy Storm, burn is just bad card design all together.

Well, thank you for mentioning that now. I'm not sure why you feel that way, but if the burn cards are going to be bad for the game, then I won't make cards whose only purpose is burning.

Also, I accidentally uploaded three cards named Predatory Beast Rex. One has 3200 ATK and is Level 9, another has 2200 ATK and is Level 5, the other has 1600 ATK and is Level 4. The Level 9 should stay, the Level 5 one needs to be renamed to Predatory Beast Tiamat (if possible), and the level 4 one needs to be deleted.

uhh, guise. At least learn some of the design rules of YGO.

1. For goddamn sake. Please don't make burn cards. It promotes a lack of player-player interaction.

2. Don't make 'good' cards, just for the sake of them becoming staples. Staples are stupid, and shouldn't exist, ideally. If you are designing something, and wanting it to become limited after about 2 seconds, just for the sake of having an overpowered card, don't. Just don't.

3. Don't use the 'oh, but no-one will use it' argument. If a card is bad design, it's bad design. Regardless of how powerful it is.

So yeah, again, I'm guilty of making a pretty badly designed card myself. Skelegkan. Pretty much a Sangan whose effect kicks in when it's destroyed. Don't know what I tried to do with it, but for some reason I thought the once per duel clause would balance it. :s

Anyways, onto The Rising Titan. Honestly, it's not THAT bad. It's good support for Level 6 or highers, but I can understand that SSing from the deck could be considered too much. Either way, people are overreacting about this one.

It should be fine to have a generic card that can go into any deck as long as it only works particularly well for certain strategies. For example, a card that says something like "Monsters that attacked more than once this battle phase can attack an additional time" could be put into any deck, but obviously only monsters that attack multiple times could abuse this.

Speed Spell - Clear Mind isn't a Speed Spell in the purest sense; it's a Spell that can be activated both inside of and outside of Speed World without penalty. Its effect doesn't have anything to do with Speed Counters; it just has the naming for fanfic and flavor reasons.

EDIT: The predatory best cards still aren't fixed, last I checked. In my last post, I mentioned how the Level 9 one needs to stay the same, the Level 5 one needs to be renamed Predatory Beast Tiamat, and the Level 4 one needs to be deleted.

EDIT 2: Could someone PM me or answer back with how to create cards in YVD?

@mysty - your requests are fixed

@Archelaus - it is by my personal preference of not including TCG cards and to be remain TCG-free but sadly that's not up to me so Sea have more says in that. Having TCG card in here just seem impose as ppl lazy in mind not to think of cards creatively to add. ofcs another of my preference was having OTK inconsistent and ban FTK, that way the duels will pose more of a challenge but ofcs some are not likely to agree with this :/.

Rai - cards that doesn't focus on burning or rather just indirectly burning are fine, Cards that solely burn are mostly likey need to be dealth with for example explosive cylinder, a major burn card is a terrible card. D:

@all - Generally for staples there can some but not really recommended, it's technically promote lack of unique or creative deck-building in a sense of originality which we are encouraging you to do. This way there wouldn't be any bandwagon or popular decks. Just playing with decks with your cards that truly define you should be more fun.

So If there cards that will affect the game or upset the balance of the game, until Sea come back: they should at most to be listed atm for now and Sea will have says of taking out cards that are bad for the game, normally it what we want to avoid doing but it can't be help. But if it up to me, I would be taking out the bad cards and TCG cards in a heart beat.

As we speak I am implementing a banlist feature in the program. The default banlist selection is the tournament one and it also has a filter option to block viewing any banned cards in the trunk.

So there. Those wanting a more CCG-styled and competitive game can have it and technically don't even have to see any of those banned cards on their list. This can include TCG copies if that's the decision of the banlist makers. So now there's no reason to suggest deleting cards that are considered broken because they won't interfere with your playing.

Finally got my internet back so i can finally try this out. Im going to restrain from uploading cards till you put my name on the list which if its the one on Hamachi it's:

Giggi

Another thing, the ip adress is the one given in hamachi right

Also i was trying out the creator and when I put generate it told me to put a tier on it. What tier do i put if I dont know what to put on them?

Archived