The Duel Portal Program - available now

.Leo

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will probably enjoy people playing against me with their own created cards I think :). It creates some level of individual playing.

I'm just scared though of very very overpowered cards. But I want to test out my small idea of Peaceful Dino's :). So I'm searching for people who want to play them.

Peaceful Dino's, are in a nutshell cards that are Normal Monsters of LV4 Dinosaur-Type that use Swarm fast and use that swarming to Xyz Summon stronger versions of themselves when they were Normal Cards.

I want to test this out just as much, although I'm still getting used to it.

Edit; *searches how to connect to DuelPortal then*

Edit 2: Found it, but the network is full, so can't join this.

I will probably enjoy people playing against me with their own created cards I think :). It creates some level of individual playing.

I'm just scared though of very very overpowered cards. But I want to test out my small idea of Peaceful Dino's :). So I'm searching for people who want to play them.

Peaceful Dino's, are in a nutshell cards that are Normal Monsters of LV4 Dinosaur-Type that use Swarm fast and use that swarming to Xyz Summon stronger versions of themselves when they were Normal Cards.

I want to test this out just as much, although I'm still getting used to it.

Edit; *searches how to connect to DuelPortal then*

Edit 2: Found it, but the network is full, so can't join this.

Same, I would love to duel some of the creative minds here at YCM. To bad we can't :(.

If you're worried about people making overpowered cards, don't be. Seatellite and Corbenik (even though he actually can't do anything) will crack down on those cards and either ask for fixes from the original cardmaker or delete them. Broken or overpowered cards are not needed.

If anyone would like, I'm still up for that Duel offer.

Few things:

1. It's really hard for me to get used to Hamachi, while it certainly might be a very good solution, I feel most of the time it is too full, which disables other people to actually join in. It´s not a bad solution but I´m beginning to wander if maybe IRC is another very good solution for this. Or multiple lobbies.

2. I overlooked the Tier-system quite a bit, which made my ultimate trap card "Giant Meteor" a very low tier when it is actually a very strong card, I actually think that one is a bit too overpowered, for those that are interested:

Activate when you have no cards on your side of the field and your opponent declares a Direct Attack. Discard your entire hand. During your opponent's End Phase, all cards on his side of the Field and Hand are destroyed and he loses Life Points equel [spelling mistake too <_<] to the number of cards destroyed this way x 100. This effect cannot be negated[/Quote]

a. After some trying, and drawing it myself in a virtual against my RL deck it found to be waaay to OP'd, sure, I would like to keep the idea but I really need to edit this

b. some OCG-mistakes, this is another thing

c. It's a TIR1, which probably even if I changed would become a TIR0 easily, yet no way for me to change this.

So I cannot edit my cards, I can only add new cards but then we got doubles and 1 of them will be false.

3. Again, concern about OP'd cards like: "automatically win the duel". So.... I'm thinking maybe you do need a group of people judging these cards, only cards that are allowed are cards that exist in real life (if they get everything the same :P) or the judges have seen these cards and allowed them. It would mark them as "judged". You can play against a person with Un-"judged" cards but then you run this risk. Or you can play against somebody who does run a "judged" deck.

4. Another is that if the room is full, it's almost impossible to get a match, like for everyone above, I'm not listening at 100% of the time (of course) and my only hope for me is to Connect and hope that person is listening, if he's not, I'm forced to sit it out until I get the Error: Timed Out.

5. Missing the option to go back to the deck editor is not handy.

Yes, I really really do like this system and the idea, but it's gonna be very difficult to get it to work, since people massively will create cards. You cannot expect the admins to check every card right away of course, even now I know my entire Peaceful Dino's are bad in OCG and maybe some are UP'd and some are OP'd. Just search for the "PDS"-Set and you see what I mean.

@PokemonandRoblox: I tried connecting to you multiple amount of time :P. All of them failed, and it might not be a smart idea to turn this topic into a "search an opponent"-threat since then this threat might become too much.

@Dante: Of course they are, you would still run the risk of playing against them. Still, it's fine and that's the risk of this program and actually it is a very well risk considering the reward (creative cards). Same with PokemonandRoblox though, but I might be trying to connect at various times to various users, it's still a gamble for me.

Right now the only way for me to actually get into a game is by letting somebody I know download this as well, and right now none of the people that play YGO themselves are online.

stuff

2. Yes, your card would be banned within seconds. It's CED. But better.

3. Apart from the fact that most of the stuff you suggested was identical to most of the stuff I said a couple pages back in the topic, except much more time-consuming and weird, pah.

I don't understand whether people actually look into the current environment. Which is one of the design rules of YGO. And applies just as much here if you want to actually have a balanced environment. Guise, please at least pop your head into the September 2011 list.

So I'm going to have to guess the character limit is no going to be updated, its fine if it don't, I'll just have 2 make 2 different cards that work similiar to the ones I can't use......

I'm up for a duel to, if anyone wants to challenge me that is....

Also, is this op'd or up'd?

Pot of Patience

Continuous Spell

Lore:

During each of your Draw Phases, add 1 counter to this card. Once per turn: When you have more then 5 counters on this card; You can remove 2 counters to draw 1 card.

I'm trying to connect every single time to the DuelPortal but it is too full, any idea how many people are in there? Because I'm scared maybe some are idling in there, which is generally a bad thing, which I might suggest an auto-kick option if you stay silent in it let's say 15 minutes. Yes, I then know I get kicked a lot but just to continue making room.

Another thing is I'm horribly against the auto removing of cards people created because they are OP'd or UP'd, I also read here that that is not going to happen, which I'm glad about. Whether a card is OP'd or UP'd is up for its creator to decide and to fix, not for some people to decide.

Also, I do agree that my Meteor Trap is too OP'd no doubt about it anymore. So I will probably fix something in instead (like doing damage to the owner big time for each card destroyed that way). But I would hate it if for example it somehow instantly got removed or fixed without my permission just because a few people found it to be broken (I do agree with those people though). Another thing is I am annoyed I can't edit my cards myself, I need to add a fixed version of that card all over again each time.

I am in support for a banlist, which the creators can add their card to (semi)-limited themselves as well. Just a fair warning that these banlist are going to turn out to become enormous. You have to remember that people create these cards, not professional designers and balance checkers.

How about this then:

|Extinction Meteor||TIR0|Trap Card|Trap|||||Activate this card when you control no cards except this card and your opponent declares a Direct Attack. During your next Standby Phase, banish your Hand and destroy all cards on your opponent's side of the Field and his Hand. You take damage equal to the number of cards destroyed this way x 400.|

That means if you draw this card in turn 1, set it, your opponent can direct attack you (succesfully) so does some damage, but you get revenge with this card, then you take 6*400=2400 damage extra, only to run the risk that your opponent again can Direct Attack you afterwards depending on what card he will draw. Situational, hell yes it is, but I'm keen on using it ;). It's not added yet btw... just asking about it when I'm typing this.

For everyone who right now can't join the Hamachi Network because it's full, you can make a new network. It should be somewhere at the top. Just provide an Easy to Remember Network Name and Password (really passwords aren't needed here but they require it :P ) and let people join.

If you're worried about people making overpowered cards, don't be. Seatellite and Corbenik (even though he actually can't do anything) will crack down on those cards and either ask for fixes from the original cardmaker or delete them. Broken or overpowered cards are not needed.

If anyone would like, I'm still up for that Duel offer.

:o I'm not gonna delete or fix cards unless it's the owner's consent

Broken cards will be "banned" once the banlist feature comes out, which means people who want to play with balanced cards won't worry about seeing broken cards.

Few things:

1. It's really hard for me to get used to Hamachi, while it certainly might be a very good solution, I feel most of the time it is too full, which disables other people to actually join in. It´s not a bad solution but I´m beginning to wander if maybe IRC is another very good solution for this. Or multiple lobbies.

Well Hamachi is used mainly cause of the IP address it gives you. But you don't have to be in the DuelPortal network to duel, you just have to have Hamachi on. We could set up an IRC for when Hamachi is full...

2. I overlooked the Tier-system quite a bit, which made my ultimate trap card "Giant Meteor" a very low tier when it is actually a very strong card, I actually think that one is a bit too overpowered, for those that are interested:

a. After some trying, and drawing it myself in a virtual against my RL deck it found to be waaay to OP'd, sure, I would like to keep the idea but I really need to edit this

b. some OCG-mistakes, this is another thing

c. It's a TIR1, which probably even if I changed would become a TIR0 easily, yet no way for me to change this.

So I cannot edit my cards, I can only add new cards but then we got doubles and 1 of them will be false.

For now you can ask Me or Corbenik to change your cards. In the future we may have a more practical solution ;)

3. Again, concern about OP'd cards like: "automatically win the duel". So.... I'm thinking maybe you do need a group of people judging these cards, only cards that are allowed are cards that exist in real life (if they get everything the same :P) or the judges have seen these cards and allowed them. It would mark them as "judged". You can play against a person with Un-"judged" cards but then you run this risk. Or you can play against somebody who does run a "judged" deck.

When the banlists come out it will work like this: Broken cards are banned and pretty much shunned from the more "balanced card-minded" community. So it's the same idea you have :)

4. Another is that if the room is full, it's almost impossible to get a match, like for everyone above, I'm not listening at 100% of the time (of course) and my only hope for me is to Connect and hope that person is listening, if he's not, I'm forced to sit it out until I get the Error: Timed Out.

I will try and fix that

5. Missing the option to go back to the deck editor is not handy.

that too

Yes, I really really do like this system and the idea, but it's gonna be very difficult to get it to work, since people massively will create cards. You cannot expect the admins to check every card right away of course, even now I know my entire Peaceful Dino's are bad in OCG and maybe some are UP'd and some are OP'd. Just search for the "PDS"-Set and you see what I mean.

But this is alright, considering you can test these cards in duels and OP'd ones get banned and UP'd ones never get used and you can ask to change them.

@PokemonandRoblox: I tried connecting to you multiple amount of time :P. All of them failed, and it might not be a smart idea to turn this topic into a "search an opponent"-threat since then this threat might become too much.

@Dante: Of course they are, you would still run the risk of playing against them. Still, it's fine and that's the risk of this program and actually it is a very well risk considering the reward (creative cards). Same with PokemonandRoblox though, but I might be trying to connect at various times to various users, it's still a gamble for me.

Right now the only way for me to actually get into a game is by letting somebody I know download this as well, and right now none of the people that play YGO themselves are online.

So I'm going to have to guess the character limit is no going to be updated, its fine if it don't, I'll just have 2 make 2 different cards that work similiar to the ones I can't use......

I'm up for a duel to, if anyone wants to challenge me that is....

Also, is this op'd or up'd?

Pot of Patience

Continuous Spell

Lore:

During each of your Draw Phases, add 1 counter to this card. Once per turn: When you have more then 5 counters on this card; You can remove 2 counters to draw 1 card.

The character maximum will be increased, i'm just trying to get all our updates into 1 so people don't have to get the new version several times over :P

Pot of Patience is too slow, so it's UP'd. maybe you could lower the second effect to "When you have 2 or more counters on this card..."

Also

* You should give your counters a name so it doesn't get confused with something like "A-Counters"

* You can remove the "Once per turn" because by letting this card remain on the field and getting more counters you run the risk of them destroying it anyway, and few people would take that risk.

@Seattelite: Okay then, hmm,,,change it this then, please.....

Pot of Patience

Continuous Spell

Lore:

During each of your Draw Phases, add 1 "Patience" counter to this card. When you have more then 2 "Patience" counters on this card; You can remove 2 "Patience" counters to draw 1 card.

Would that be better? If so, please update it, I'd appreciate it....

@Seattelite: Okay then, hmm,,,change it this then, please.....

Pot of Patience

Continuous Spell

Lore:

During each of your Draw Phases, add 1 "Patience" counter to this card. When you have more then 2 "Patience" counters on this card; You can remove 2 "Patience" counters to draw 1 card.

Would that be better? If so, please update it, I'd appreciate it....

300px-ShardofGreed-PHSW-EN-ScR-1E.jpg

@Rai: I never knew a card like that existed, lol......I hardly look up cards now, s if it happens to be similiar to an existing card, well, sorry, didn't know, but I should have figured.....

I once literally predicted an entire episode from beginning to end of family guy without actually predicting, just saying, "t'd be nice to see a family guy show like this, " yadada" and to my surprise, it came on that night.....

So, hence why I'm not surprised I came up with a card similiar to a card konami created.....

@Sea: Thanks...

@Rai: I never knew a card like that existed, lol......I hardly look up cards now, s if it happens to be similiar to an existing card, well, sorry, didn't know, but I should have figured.....

I once literally predicted an entire episode from beginning to end of family guy without actually predicting, just saying, "t'd be nice to see a family guy show like this, " yadada" and to my surprise, it came on that night.....

So, hence why I'm not surprised I came up with a card similiar to a card konami created.....

@Sea: Thanks...

evil psychic demon of hell

Basically:

buff the card. Would be better if it had a discard cost to activate it, then you can just remove 1 counter to draw 1.

Hmm, true, but I hate discarding, especially becuase my set has all monsters that are like the wind-ups, once and done, except totally different and original effects that is.....But I'll think on it.....If I'm going to discard, it'd have to be for a monster in my respect.....But I got to go to a party.....

And I'm not a demon, I'm just evil....lol

So did i get added to the list cause i saw no confirmation but I dont want to make cards until i know.

Also i feel like adding my Pint-Sized set but some people think its OP while others say its fine so can someone check for me. There's a link in my sig to them. Please and thank you.

Edit* If you can can you just check the cards i made they are in my sig and then tell me if they are OP or OK like that it would be less trouble then adding them then finding out that they are OP and yada-yada.

Archived