The Duel Portal Program - available now

.Leo

Well, if you do, i would just nerf them all, sure it might take awhile and make lots of people mad, but thats the only way you could do it.....

So, what, you can't just institute 3 different places, one for banned cards, one for limited cards, and one for semi-limited cards? Is it that hard? Just curious....

And wouldn't it be kinda hard to determine whats op'd or not, b/c I'll tell you that I'd know lots of people would stop playing on this program if every card they made was op'd in ones mind, not a poll.......

----

My Suggestion:

Have a Poll Set up and have players pick cards they think that are op'd and say how bad and then have a number counter underneath saying how many actually agree.....So that way its not just 1 persons opinion, is everyones......

Eh, it's pretty easy to judge if you have experience in that sort of thing.

The way you judge is simply judging it within its environment. Because this project is very new, little people have played inside the environment (basically the current meta). So people need to test first. A lot. Afterwards, someone can go and take data from playthroughs and retrain everything.

The point is a banlist is retarded. If a banlist is needed, that means people have been making ridiculous stupid cards. Which is bad.

If we can stop people from making weird cards in the first place, all the better. If we can't, just edit them so the banlist is *vaguely* empty.

Although: providing people make cards with a similar power level to the current meta, you don't even have to test. You can retrain straight away because you already know the environment.

If you have no clue what I just said, feel free to go to MtG's site and read up on card design.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Rai: I just was going to suggest have some sort of reason to explain to every newb on it that makes opd cards why t was nerfed or deleted or otherwise you'll have lots of quitters, but so you won't delete them until after they've been tested and if so, that'd be good idea IMO.....But these all my opinions....

@Rai: I just was going to suggest have some sort of reason to explain to every newb on it that makes opd cards why t was nerfed or deleted or otherwise you'll have lots of quitters, but so you won't delete them until after they've been tested and if so, that'd be good idea IMO.....But these all my opinions....

Well, that makes sense, but do it on a larger scale instead.

MtG always explains why they ban cards. So we might as well do the same.

Every so often, someone will do a sweep of new cards. They are then edited by seattleite. A full report with explanations too is posted on YCM where people can look to see if any of their cards were edited, and most importantly, why.

@Rai: Okay, i see, yea, that would work, if Icy would allow it on the RC section that is......I'm not positive.....It seems like the RC and Clubs &Organization seems to the thriving places...But that would work, okay, I'm for it.....

In any other case, just stick 'em in the first post of this thread.

Therefore, Josh needs not to get involved :D

It's preeettty much become a CCG. Not that that's a bad thing though.

Yeah, the anime thing probably would fail.

The MOST important thing when it comes to doing projects like this is to establish a current balance level.

In this case, the balance level should probably be about the same balance level as the current meta. And basically:

- This means, if people please keep to that power level, there will not be any power creep. Which is good, so people have to keep that in mind.

- Oh, and people won't make OPed or UPed cards.

Also:

OPed cards should either be removed or nerfed. Banlists are difficult to maintain, and practically useless. Occasionally, if a card suddenly becomes OPed, because of a combo or something, it can be banned or restricted in a way. That way, the banlist becomes minimum and only relevant to combos rather than individual card design.

UPed cards should either be removed or buffed. There won't be much removal because it's early in the project and, likely, there won't be any alternatives to that card so removing it removes any option you had at all. So just strengthen them a little so the balance level is pretty much even.

Someone will have to do a sweep tomorrow. I'll see if I can do it.

Buffs and Nerfs will not be done unless by the creator's consent. The main purpose of this program is to create better cardmakers, not just better cards. It would be pointless to continue editing every broken or useless card that comes in except if the creator understands.

If it's broken and we don't want it in the tournament at all, put it as banned. If they care about their cards they will want to change it until it's not banned. If it's completely useless, offer suggestions to make it better.

I know everyone wants regulation of broken cards to create a good meta but this is a way to provide maximum freedom while improving cardmakers and of course, having a good meta.

My Suggestion:

Have a Poll Set up and have players pick cards they think that are op'd and say how bad and then have a number counter underneath saying how many actually agree.....So that way its not just 1 persons opinion, is everyones......

I like your suggestion Skylie. Democracy ftw

Alright, fine, I'm getting Hamachi....

Alright, maybe it was something else that screwed up my computer then.

Hamachi IP: 5.92.36.235.

And if for the love of Goodness doesn't work...someone is dying tonight...

EDIT: It says the network is full...

Well you can kill me several time, I'm atm a god of rebirth lol

Interesting result... XD

Archived