Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2

Phantom Roxas

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Order-Sol' timestamp='1330217266' post='5840824']
maybe, but I've never insulted people who play casually, so how did we get onto the topic of me being elitist?
[/quote]
Because you insult people that play games you consider stupid ._.

Just like when you went "Sorry, BB is too good for Naruto". You shoot down people's tastes as if your opinion is the one true one and you'll take nothing else as an answer.

That said, people, stop derailing the topic. This isn't about Shard, that's what Opal's status a few days ago was about.

[quote name='❤ Lovely Warrior ❤' timestamp='1330217631' post='5840839']
Meh basically everything other than BlazBlue is considered crap to Shard.
[/quote]

For a while, BlazBlue was considered crap by Shard.

In any case, IDK about the starters. We'd best wait for more info on that, but it'd suck if it stayed the same.

[quote name='❤ Lovely Warrior ❤' timestamp='1330217631' post='5840839']
Meh basically everything other than BlazBlue is considered crap to Shard.
[/quote]

what I think of this post:
[img]http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/985/985799/guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-plus-20090521054558719_640w.jpg#[/img]

which is funny because it's also revelent. I don't just play BB <_< It's just that it's the game with the biggest scene that I play. I do play other games you know, but I have like really high standards.

starters should be the same, and for the love of god let me travel to a second region.

[quote name='Order-Sol' timestamp='1330217839' post='5840852']
what I think of this post:
[img]http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/985/985799/guilty-gear-xx-accent-core-plus-20090521054558719_640w.jpg#[/img]

which is funny because it's also revelent. I don't just play BB <_< It's just that it's the game with the biggest scene that I play. I do play other games you know, but I have like really high standards.

starters should be the same, and for the love of god let me travel to a second region.
[/quote]

Wish I knew what that picture is supposed to mean.

Ohh I never played B/W long enough to know which ones were taken out.

I hope they change the Heroes of this game. B/W was the first time I hated the Girl Hero's design.

[quote name='Order-Sol' timestamp='1330218006' post='5840858']
i forgot how the pokemon meta works... why is stealth rock good again...?
[/quote]

It not good in gen 5 because you can't afford the space on most teams anymore, but Stealth Rock does a ridiculous amount of damage per game if you get it up on turn 1 if you do the math.

Stuff like Yanmega may have been viable if it weren't for Stealth Rock. Volcarona may have been broken without it.

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1330218197' post='5840863']
It not good in gen 5 because you can't afford the space on most teams anymore, but Stealth Rock does a ridiculous amount of damage per game if you get it up on turn 1 if you do the math.

Stuff like Yanmega may have been viable if it weren't for Stealth Rock. Volcarona may have been broken without it.
[/quote]

Indeed, toxic spikes and spikes are viable alternatives, but few pokemon can set them up effectively. Stealth Rock does 12.5% base taking into account strengths and weaknesses. Which is why no one uses Charizard anymore (50% health drain lol).

Stealth Rock was good because a key strategy to competitive play is switching at the right time. Stealth Rock punishes the opponent for running Pokemon weak to Rock (Flying, Fire, Ice), while not running Rapid Spin, and makes a crucial component of Pokemon competitive play become a disadvantage. It's almost like Royal Oppression in Yu-Gi-Oh, without being quite as broken.

In Generation V, Stealth Rock isnt a TM anymore, so you can't give it to almost everything.

Anyway, I hated a lot of the Gen 5 designs, but I loved the game. I consider it one of the best games of the series, since Generation 2 (my favorite). I consider a lot of the things they did in Generation V to be for the better, and every generation had missteps. Generation I had overpowered Psychic. Generation II corrected that. Generation III...okay, I skipped that generation. But I can't stand it anymore due to the fact the Special/Physical split occurred in Generation IV, and I returned to Pokemon for Generation IV.

Generation IV had some bad designs, but also a bunch of gems. The Physical/Special split is fantastic.

As for the sequels...calling it Black/White 2 is just weird, but I look forward to more information about what changes will be made. I'm hoping for something similar to what Platinum was for Generation IV: Storyline slight revamp, new focus on Giratina, stylistic stuff and so on.

[quote name='.Rai' timestamp='1330218968' post='5840896']
Why is the name weird?

I can't understand people's distaste over it :S It's better than "Gray"
[/quote]

Because it shatters the format.

Gen I: Red, Blue (Green in Japan), Yellow, FireRed/Leaf Green
Gen II: Gold, Silver, Crystal, Heart Gold/Soul Silver
Gen III: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald
Gen IV: Fanservice! *shot* Diamond, Pearl, Platinum
Gen V: Black, White, Black 2, White 2. Wait, what?!

Archived