Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2

Phantom Roxas

[quote name='Self-Destruct Button' timestamp='1330380164' post='5844669']
I wonder what happened to the Dark Trinity...
[/quote]

I like to think they're the Striaton Gym Leaders (which is why they didn't help along with the rest during the final battle).

Presumably they just resumed their day jobs full-time after Plasma fell.

[quote name='Kuri' timestamp='1330392260' post='5845284']
Personally I think the names should be Pokemon SteelBlack and Pokemon SteelWhite. It incorporates Kyurum in it kinda, implies a sequel without a number, and kinda sounds alright to me. The number just pisses me off for some raisin.
[/quote]

How? Kyurem is ice, not metallic in any way.

I would have been amused if they went with Wuji Version, but that might have been a little on-the-nose. Though this raises the question of if they're going to do a [i]third [/i]rerelease and have [i]that [/i]one be Grey.

(I actually wouldn't mind that terribly much. Black/White are [i]absolutely excellently[/i] designed games and Nintendo deserves to milk them for as much as they're worth. I could rave about them for a while, but I'll save you guys a text wall).

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Hydra of Gentlemanliness' timestamp='1330394119' post='5845370']
(I actually wouldn't mind that terribly much. Black/White was are [i]absolutely excellently[/i] designed games and Nintendo deserves to milk them for as much as they're worth. I could rave about them for a while, but I'll save you guys a text wall).
[/quote]
TBH, I hate when companies do that, but they really do. I hadn't enjoyed Pokemon this much since Gen II. The styling, the story, the music, everything was just... superb.

... Hence why I really hope this is a sequel, not just a remake x.x

It's technically a rerelease, or updated rerelease if you want to get finicky. A remake implies being built on a new engine. LeafGreen was a remake, Platinum was a rerelease.

To be honest, I've been meaning to buy a second copy of gen 5 [i]anyway [/i](like I do for every gen), so giving us a modified version with some updated features is a blessing as far as I'm concerned. I'm not quite willing to shell out 50 bucks for White when I already have Black, but I might consider it when they sweeten the pot a little.

The fact that they're giving us [i]two options [/i]for the update is a bit bizzare, but I'll roll with it as long as the content added is significant. I'm the first to admit that, while I got it anyway, Platinum's extra content wasn't worth the second buy. (In case someone misunderstands me, I [i]liked [/i]the changes it made, but there weren't [i]enough [/i]of them to justify it)

If it turns out to be a sequel of course, then none of this even applies. Though I figure there would probably be a bit more fanfare if it were a sequel.

I hope they do like in Platinum and modify the regional pokedex. They already made us play without our old favorites, I guess they could add some oldies that fit the pre-E4 areas of the region. [s]Also, I was barely able to play without a Zubat in my team...[/s]
I hope they expand some movesets (Flareon with Fire Blitz, Crunch and Double Edge anyone?), and new moves for the starters, Tepig fits too well my playstyle that I need a good reason not to select it again.

If it was a sequel I might still end up buying both, but that's just me. I don't have anything really to save up for apart from a new laptop in the future. (This one is 3 in November). HGSS' gym leader rematches were ace so was Plati's, love if they could expand that rather than the rare rematch from other games.

I tend to pick the same starter over and over. And namely the one that can learn EQ because I love the move so much.

Thing I would love most really is a remake of RS Box....even though they had the Ranch, because a game save specific box is a waste. (Off Topic I know.)

[quote name='Yin' timestamp='1330548989' post='5848178']
If it was a sequel I might still end up buying both, but that's just me. I don't have anything really to save up for apart from a new laptop in the future. (This one is 3 in November). HGSS' gym leader rematches were ace so was Plati's, love if they could expand that rather than the rare rematch from other games.

I tend to pick the same starter over and over. And namely the one that can learn EQ because I love the move so much.

Thing I would love most really is a remake of RS Box....even though they had the Ranch, because a game save specific box is a waste. (Off Topic I know.)
[/quote]
Off topic but so true.

I'm glad I found about Ranch's limit before I wasted 10 bucks on it.

I hate trading 100's of Pokemon so much D:

[quote name='Comrade Trollestia' timestamp='1330551035' post='5848231']
I'm glad I found about Ranch's limit before I wasted 10 bucks on it.
[/quote]

9999 as a limit is bad now? XD

In any case, it was a nice way to get Mew from just dumping all the excess stuff from breeding. That's the only reason I picked it up.

We got off topic. Box allows any game to access the same boxes of Pokemon, e.g 3 different Ruby games can access the same database and all can take Pokemon off there, provided in game conditions have been met.

Wierd thing was while looking for the 14th film I came across a pre-order for White 2 that's dated August.

[quote name='Yin' timestamp='1330631179' post='5850143']
We got off topic. Box allows any game to access the same boxes of Pokemon, e.g 3 different Ruby games can access the same database and all can take Pokemon off there, provided in game conditions have been met.
[/quote]

I knew that much.

I have a legit everything except for Deoxys, Shaymin, and whichever ones they haven't yet released for this gen.

[quote name='burnpsy' timestamp='1330558687' post='5848522']
In any case, it was a nice way to get Mew from just dumping all the excess stuff from breeding. That's the only reason I picked it up.
[/quote]I've yet to complete said assignment.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1331148782' post='5860915']
Cool, how far are you?

And all this talk makes me want to start a new game, I'm gonna have to ask my friend to store all my old Pokémon for a little bit. XP
[/quote]This is the problem I have. I almost bought the other version the other day to do such.

It all boils down to a matter of opinion.

I personally enjoyed every pokemon game, but progressively I started to dislike the series once gen 4 was released.

You could try to argue about competitive play, but honestly, game freak/pokemon co. really don't care about competitive, and they don't really take in ideas from the fans. Which I think is stupid, because It'd be nice to have some fan-made pokemon, or mabye some buffs/nerfs to pokemon stats updated via internet/linking with another DS that has the updated software.

B&W seem cool enough for me, I personally like the whole fusion aspect, and I think it'd be cool to have more of it in the future. But I did too wish for Ruby/Sapphire remakes, because they were fun games, and it'd be nice to experience them with gen 5.

And imo Grey Sounded cool.

[quote name='Order-Sol' timestamp='1331151164' post='5860978']
at the elite four. My team sucks and I'm starting over, but I have a legit victini :(
[/quote]If you want, you can trade it to me and I'll store it for you until you want it back. That's only if you trust me enough though, and that's up to you to decide.

Archived